PDA

View Full Version : Tannat's Silly Holiday Questions Part 2: Easter in England

tannat
20th March 2007, 15:18
Again, just trying to make a holiday special for a colleague from Newcastle while she's here in the colonies...

Do you guys do the egg decorating/hiding etc. as we do across the pond? If yes, you think perhaps 30 years ago?

Do you celebrate the non-religious part of the holiday differently?

Cheers,
Tannat

Captain VXR
20th March 2007, 16:41
We have chocolate easter eggs here :facelick: . Some people do easter egg hunts :) and some decorate eggs

tannat
20th March 2007, 19:26
We have chocolate easter eggs here :facelick: . Some people do easter egg hunts :) and some decorate eggs

Thanks, VXR.
I'm thankful someone chose to answer...

Hazell B
20th March 2007, 19:42
Easter's not a big thing, but we do hand out chocolate eggs and some people decorate real eggs still. As a kid I used to paint a boiled egg and roll it down a hill in Rudston (a bit of Yorkshire I grew up in) along with my cousins, but I don't know if that's normal UK wide to be honest.

We do, however, have two Bank Holidays over Easter when people are paid up to triple time for working - I bet she'd love that tradition repeated :p :

CarlMetro
20th March 2007, 19:48
Easter is an international thing as far as I'm aware, same things over here as over there, although we sometimes have to forego the egg hunts 'cos it's too damn cold :dozey:

Bezza
20th March 2007, 23:07
In Preston we get Easter Eggs and then everyone goes to a massive park in Preston called Avenham Park where we roll them down the hill and break them, on Easter Monday. I thought it was standard practice until I mentioned it at uni and everyone else thought I was weird!

If its sunny on Easter Monday the number of people you get at Avenham Park is tremendous. Its great fun and seems to be fairly unique, although Hazell has mentioned a similar act.

sal
21st March 2007, 14:29
Most celebrations in the UK now revolve around all day drinking, car boot sales and getting stuck in traffic jams. If you can arrange any of those you will make them feel right at home...

tannat
21st March 2007, 14:59
Most celebrations in the UK now revolve around all day drinking, car boot sales and getting stuck in traffic jams. If you can arrange any of those you will make them feel right at home...

sounds like the US.............

Brown, Jon Brow
21st March 2007, 20:19
I will spend my easter at Oulton Park watching the British GT and F3 :D