PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic overtaking

Daniel
28th August 2011, 23:39
As the other thread went South because someone felt the need to make it a Hamilton thread I think we need another. Was it just me or was there some excellent overtaking in the race? I'm really quite glad it didn't rain for once and actually kind of agree with Eric Clapton that sometimes a dry race is better than a wet one. But that overtake from Webber was just fantastic! :D

tfp
29th August 2011, 00:01
As the other thread went South because someone felt the need to make it a Hamilton thread I think we need another. Was it just me or was there some excellent overtaking in the race? I'm really quite glad it didn't rain for once and actually kind of agree with Eric Clapton that sometimes a dry race is better than a wet one. But that overtake from Webber was just fantastic! :D

:up: Yep, it was very good, but not half as good as Rosbergs start :)

Daniel
29th August 2011, 00:02

It was a blistering start, but he couldn't keep it up :(

tfp
29th August 2011, 00:08
Unfortunately.....Its a shame. Will we see him on the top step of the podium soon? C'mon Mr brawn, work your magic :)

ioan
29th August 2011, 00:32

Excuse me?!

How can you compare a 5th to 2nd start with an overtaking move into Eau Rouge?! :crazy:

wedge
29th August 2011, 01:13
For sure Webber had the biggest cajones of the Belgian GP but also gotta give to Vettel for passing Rosberg on the outside of Blanchimont.

Still feel that DRS spoilt the overtakes. I don't think it was even necessary at all. If you watch past races in recent years there was plenty of overtaking opportunities.

mstillhere
29th August 2011, 03:29
For sure Webber had the biggest cajones of the Belgian GP but also gotta give to Vettel for passing Rosberg on the outside of Blanchimont.

Still feel that DRS spoilt the overtakes. I don't think it was even necessary at all. If you watch past races in recent years there was plenty of overtaking opportunities.

Hum....hum......cOjones I believe is the correct expression :)

steveaki13
29th August 2011, 08:51
It was a blistering start, but he couldn't keep it up :(

No its a shame. The Mercedes is a good car but not fast enough to ever keep pace with the top 3( Except Massa :D ).

And they both finished around that 40-50 seconds behind the leaders that seems about the average at the end of the race.

Thats a lot of time to make up isnt it.

tfp
29th August 2011, 14:30
The Mercedes this year was designed by a young designer or led by someone who has never designed an F1 car previously. Ross Brawn stated recently in an interview on Schumacher that this talented individual was on a learning curve and we wouldn't see real progress until next season. Its still a bitter pill to swollow for the likes of Rosberg and certainly Schumacher who hasn't got long left in the sport. Rosberg's start was one of the best starts of the season so far and getting past Vettel early on has definately put pressure on Mercedes (Brackley) to deliver.

Who is the mystery car designer of mercedes??

Excuse me?!

How can you compare a 5th to 2nd start with an overtaking move into Eau Rouge?! :crazy:

Just my opinion, of course :p

ioan
29th August 2011, 18:08
Hum....hum......cOjones I believe is the correct expression :)

Nah, for this case it's cOjOnes!

truefan72
29th August 2011, 18:31
No Daniel how dare you pin the blame on the other thread going 'south' on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said I thought Webber's overtake was very Hamilton-esque in the sense that it was ballsy and reminded me of something Lewis Hamilton might try and has indeed done in the past. That was my opinion and I am entitled to say that whether you like it or not. YOU derailed that thread with an unnecessary response which was nothing other than rude and confrontational! Telling me to 'shut up' is not the way to keep a thread healthy so once again how dare you accuse me of ruining the other thread. I'm getting bloody sick of this pathetic attitude and really don't know why I am wasting my time with you. Everything is there in the archive for people to see which is unfortunate for you.

I disagreed with you on an Apple thread last week and you have done nothing but take petty swipes at me and others ever since. You've done it through your signature and this is now the second thread you have created with a provocative opening line. So yes I do think you have a chip on your shoulder and you might think you're impressing people by having digs at me and others but you are simply embarrassing yourself! Pathetic. I have no interest in having a feud with you Daniel and if your continue this, then thats your prerogative.

Apologies mods for this rant but it needed to be set straight.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/147542-lifetime-ban-webber-please.html

:up:

1. Just ignore him, it works miracles
2. On a serious note. I've become quite wiery of tone displayed here, mostly in reference to Hamilton.
( I suppose if it the kobayashi/hamilton incident went the other way, we would see an entire thread about him being banned etc)
So I simply ignore most of these threads and have drastically diminished my time on here. Its not worth it imo because too many folks here think themselves too important or think they are arbiters of the sport when all they are are some guy sitting behind a computer usually finding ways to release their pent of feelings of whatever emotions they have towards any particular driver or team. I find it easier to enjoy my F1 a bit more without having to race to the forums and see what some people are saying or responding too. Or starting controversies, or being rude, or being deliberately provocative, or whatever. So I've left the wild for the jackals and have abandoned an attempt to respond to mostly cynical posts.
I suggest you do the same.