PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to 2007

usgrandprix
20th March 2007, 14:20
I'm looking forward to this season. A few thoughts.

Probable champions (business as usual here):

Helio Castroneves
Scott Dixon
Sam Hornish Jr.
Tony Kanaan
Dan Wheldon

Probable race winners (in addition to above):

Marco Andretti
Dario Franchitti
Vitor Meira (please, please, please)

If the stars line up:

Danica Patrick
Tomas Scheckter
Scott Sharp

My championship pick: Scott Dixon. 5 road/street courses this year. If he holds his own on the ovals, he'll be there.

Indy 500 winner: Tony Kanaan

Most anticipated new track: Iowa. Thank goodness for the return of the tight oval. Hope there's not too much banking. Hope it plays out well.

Favorite oval tracks: Indy, Motegi, Milwaukee, Richmond, Nashville

Favorite road/street course: Watkins Glen

Would like to see by this time next year: More tight ovals, fewer high-bank ovals, more cars, lower costs, HD broadcasts (I mean, WTF people?), Road America, less downforce, series sponsor

Thoughts on IPS: 9 road/oval events are bringing a lot of drivers from that discipline. It's good racing to balance out ovals, but I think it should be a step to Indy Car and needs to reflect that series better regarding high speed racing. No one is coming from IPS to ICS and that's going to hurt both. Take some downforce off those cars and make it a real proving ground for ICS.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 15:13
good preview for 2007 !

my favourite driver for the championship and the INDY 500 is Helio Castronaves, he done well at Sebring with the RS Spyder (ALMS)

favourite team, simple, Penske

my favourite track, is St. Petersburg, I hate the other 2 because they belong to ....Nascar

favourite oval, even I am not a great fan of them, is Homestead Miami, where the season will start

usgrandprix
20th March 2007, 15:22
I guess I should have mentioned my favorite driver, who just happens to be Helio for me too. Here's hoping a few fences get climbed this year.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 15:32
lol, he is amazing like Spiderman, hope that some CCWS teams and drivers will do the Indy 500, as they have a week off

Jonesi
20th March 2007, 21:46
I think both series champ & 500 winner will be in red & white cars. Most likely HCn, he's overdue. Be nice if Meira gets a win, he's the best out there that hasn't yet.

Subaru WRX
21st March 2007, 11:38
thats true Vitor Meira, is one of few good drivers who failed to win the Indy 500, as all the other one did it at least once

usgrandprix
21st March 2007, 13:27
Anyone else care to prognosticate a champion? A first-time race winner? A favorite?

One other thing I'm looking forward to is hearing the cars. They changed the engine size and modified the sound supposedly. The 3.5's are supposed to have a bit more mid-range torque for the road/street courses according to their web site.

Alexamateo
21st March 2007, 18:33
I'm looking forward to this season. A few thoughts.

Probable champions (business as usual here):

Helio Castroneves
Scott Dixon
Sam Hornish Jr.
Tony Kanaan
Dan Wheldon

Marco Andretti
Dario Franchitti

If the stars line up:

Danica Patrick
Tomas Scheckter
Scott Sharp

My championship pick: Scott Dixon. 5 road/street courses this year. If he holds his own on the ovals, he'll be there.

Indy 500 winner: Tony Kanaan

Most anticipated new track: Iowa. Thank goodness for the return of the tight oval. Hope there's not too much banking. Hope it plays out well.

Favorite oval tracks: Indy, Motegi, Milwaukee, Richmond, Nashville

Favorite road/street course: Watkins Glen

Would like to see by this time next year: More tight ovals, fewer high-bank ovals, more cars, lower costs, HD broadcasts (I mean, WTF people?), Road America, less downforce, series sponsor

Thoughts on IPS: 9 road/oval events are bringing a lot of drivers from that discipline. It's good racing to balance out ovals, but I think it should be a step to Indy Car and needs to reflect that series better regarding high speed racing. No one is coming from IPS to ICS and that's going to hurt both. Take some downforce off those cars and make it a real proving ground for ICS.

USGP,

I think you've summed it up quite nicely, and I don't have anything else to add. I'll only say that Sam repeats as Indy 500 champ and Helio wins the championship. I also predict that Tony Kanaan has a starstruck Indy career not unlike Michael Andretti, always coming close, sometimes dominating, but coming up short in the end. Nothing against TK, it's just a feeling I get.

Now watch him win in May! :p :

ChicagocrewIRL
22nd March 2007, 02:52
Probable champions :

Helio Castroneves
Scott Dixon
Sam Hornish Jr.
Dan Wheldon

Darkhorse Champion:
Vitor Meira

Marco Andretti
Dario Franchitti
Scott Sharp

If the stars line up:

Danica Patrick
Tomas Scheckter
Darren Manning

My championship pick: Helio Castroneves
Indy 500 winner: Marco Andretti

Most anticipated new track: Mid-Ohio
Favorite oval tracks: Indianapolis, Chicagoland, Texas, Milwaukee,Kentucky

Favorite road/street course: St. Petersburg

Would like to see by this time next year: UNIFICATION UNIFICATION UNIFICATION with Bourdais, Hornish, Tracy,Junqueira,Castroneves, Dixon,Andretti,Kanaan, and Wheldon fighting for the Championship.

Thoughts on IPS: would love to see a 30 car field with the best and the brightest new talent.

I'm hoping there is enough current equipment out there for new teams to afford to start up. Hope this leads to 20-24 car fields .

LETS GO RACING

Komahawk
22nd March 2007, 08:06
It's Helio's Time!!!

luke
22nd March 2007, 13:49
I don't care who wins as long as its Dan(ny/i)! See what I did there? :)