PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime ban please

Daniel
27th August 2011, 13:54
Ban for Maldonado, don't want to see him on a track ever again.

Thanks

Daniel

The Black Knight
27th August 2011, 13:58
Yep I'm with you on that. Certainly I would ban him for the remainder of the season. Lifetime ban may be a bit harsh. Disgusting behaviour.

steveaki13
27th August 2011, 13:59
I think he may be in trouble for this race, but a life time ban is not going to happen.

Lets keep calm and wait to see what the stewards say.

ioan
27th August 2011, 13:59
Supported.

Daniel
27th August 2011, 14:02
I think he may be in trouble for this race, but a life time ban is not going to happen.

Lets keep calm and wait to see what the stewards say.

It's what I'd like to see. I know it won't happen. The penalties dished out by the FIA these days are just weak....

Jake Stephens
27th August 2011, 14:05
Yep, although I agree, it won't happen unfortunately. Wasn't it a GP2 race where he got banned a few years back?

truefan72
27th August 2011, 14:22
Lifetime ban might be excessive, even a season ban is excessive. but he might be in serious trouble here, even beyond this race.
That moment of insanity just might cost him a serious F1 career
So who is the 3rd driver for Williams
...and yeah, hulkenberg is probably having a good laugh right about now.
Maldonado seems ready for NASCAR

Allyc85
27th August 2011, 14:24
Life time ban? Talk about an over reaction! Maybe a couple races at minimum, even if what he did was completely out of order!

Hawkmoon
27th August 2011, 14:31
A lifetime ban is a little over-the-top but a 1 race ban and a 12 month good behaviour bond is in order.

N4D13
27th August 2011, 14:31
Life time ban? Talk about an over reaction! Maybe a couple races at minimum, even if what he did was completely out of order!
Did you mean "minimum" or "maximum"?

Asking for a lifetime ban looks like an overreaction for me. I admit I need to rewatch it, though, but it just looked as a very bad piece of judgment from Maldonado.

The Black Knight
27th August 2011, 14:36
Did you mean "minimum" or "maximum"?

Asking for a lifetime ban looks like an overreaction for me. I admit I need to rewatch it, though, but it just looked as a very bad piece of judgment from Maldonado.

It looked intentional. If it wasn't then, coupled with Monaco which was also Maldonado's fault, it just proves that Maldonado has no idea of when to turn in on another driver and simply isn't up to F1 standard.

Personally, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He turned in left to cut across Lewis, the correct racing line would have been to ease over to the right hand side of the track there to prepare for Eau Rouge. He hasn't a leg to stand on here. He needs to be banned. You can't intentionally drive into another competitor.

Allyc85
27th August 2011, 14:36
Erm maximum, hell knows why I put minimum :)

If this incident is worth while of a life time ban, then why was Schumachers chop on Rubens last year only a grid penalty ;)

The Black Knight
27th August 2011, 14:38
Erm maximum, hell knows why I put minimum :)

If this incident is worth while of a life time ban, then why was Schumachers chop on Rubens last year only a grid penalty ;)

I'm assuming the ;) means you're joking and that you really can tell the difference between the two :p

N4D13
27th August 2011, 14:40
I didn't see most of the incident (I was looking at the computer screen when they showed it on TV), and only saw Maldonado actually hitting Lewis. From what I've heard, it's Maldonado's fault, and a deliberate move into Hamilton for having overtaken him in the Bus Stop. However, this is what I've read in one of the comments in Joe Saward's blog:

Hamilton moved twice. Maldonado kept his line – cushy though it was.
Looked like HAM may have initially moved to let him past just as MAL was attempting to pass; the second hit was Lewis in to the side of Pastor.

What do you think about this? Does anyone have a video of the incident? Do you think that Hamilton might be getting a penalty as well for it?

djparky
27th August 2011, 14:40
some of the shocking behaviour displayed by Schumi over the years was met with little or no real punishment- as for Maldo- pretty disgraceful behaviour- Hamilton was way quicker than him and his lap wouldn't have made the difference anyway so what the hell was he thinking of? I've no desire to see him in a Williams, so from a personal perspective I'd say disqualify him from this race at least and to Sir Frank= keep the money but sack the driver

Wasted Talent
27th August 2011, 14:51
A lifetime ban is a little over-the-top but a 1 race ban and a 12 month good behaviour bond is in order.

Agree
WT

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 15:06
Gotta see a video replay here .

My view of it is gonna upset people , but it looked like Pastor came along beside Lewis to shake his fist , and Lewis jinked to the right , into him .
I could be wrong , but that's what I think I saw .

Gotta see the video .

Rollo
27th August 2011, 15:17
Supported.

Really? That's a bit odd considering your signature:

Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver

Hmm. Care to rethink that?

I agree with this quote here:

He hasn't a leg to stand on here. He needs to be banned. You can't intentionally drive into another competitor.

Senna, Schumacher and now Maldonado. Deliberately driving into another car is simply unacceptable - pure and simple.

DMA mclaren
27th August 2011, 15:21
Agree
WT

Totally agree. Ban 1 race minimum. I would prefer 2 or 3. Disgraceful and novice move

N4D13
27th August 2011, 15:21
All right, I've seen it now, and I'm not really sure. It's true that Maldonado is moving to the left, but at the time when they crash, Hamilton was in the middle of the track. It was quite dumb by Maldonado, but I believe that some of the blame must be for Lewis as well.

truefan72
27th August 2011, 15:22
Hamilton moved but moved back, the incident where they clashed was separate and showed Pastor taking the racing line too early. Videos already on YouTube.

besides the checkered flag had waived meaning session over so they were not racing to trying to set times, PM simply went nuts and deliberately hit Hamilton, nearly lost it himself and caused damage to a competitors car, as well as bringing the sport to disrepute. I'm not sure what else he did wrong, but those few should suffice for a serious penalty to occur.

ioan
27th August 2011, 15:22
Gotta see a video replay here .

My view of it is gonna upset people , but it looked like Pastor came along beside Lewis to shake his fist , and Lewis jinked to the right , into him .
I could be wrong , but that's what I think I saw .

Gotta see the video .

You mean that Lewis thought that he could intimidate Maldonado's car's rear wheel with the McLaren's front wheel and wing? Don't think so.

They were both moving a bit left and right however the last move, the one that broke the carbon bits was Maldonado's.

ioan
27th August 2011, 15:23
besides the checkered flag had waived meaning session over so they were not racing to trying to set times, PM simply went nuts and deliberately hit Hamilton, nearly lost it himself and caused damage to a competitors car, as well as bringing the sport to disrepute. I'm not sure what else he did wrong, but those few should suffice for a serious penalty to occur.

Max, is that you?!

ioan
27th August 2011, 15:26
Really? That's a bit odd considering your signature:

Hmm. Care to rethink that?

I agree with this quote here:

Senna, Schumacher and now Maldonado. Deliberately driving into another car is simply unacceptable - pure and simple.

Well, Schumacher got all his points for the 1997 season taken away for an incident during racing.

I guess what Maldonado did after the qualy 2 was over is OK because they were not racing! LOL

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 15:27
Saw the vid just a moment ago , and what I saw was what I saw .

I thought I must have seen it wrong , but I was correct .
Lewis moved right and they touched .
Moments later he denies responsibility .

They each , clearly knew the other was there .

This is not nearly as clear as some would have it . Let's see who the stewards shake the stick at in the end .

truefan72
27th August 2011, 15:27
Max, is that you?!

I think that if ever a term was apropo it would be this incident.
I'm not sure williams is too happy about this negative attention right now, and the fact they dismissed a potential top driver for this kind of nonsense

ioan
27th August 2011, 15:30
I think that if ever a term was apropo it would be this incident.
I'm not sure williams is too happy about this negative attention right now, and the fact they dismissed a potential top driver for this kind of nonsense

Frank didn't look to happy on the screen, but what can he do, Maldonado is financing his team?!

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 15:31
You mean that Lewis thought that he could intimidate Maldonado's car's rear wheel with the McLaren's front wheel and wing? Don't think so.

They were both moving a bit left and right however the last move, the one that broke the carbon bits was Maldonado's.

Watch that video again .

I don't think you're right there .

truefan72
27th August 2011, 15:35
Saw the vid just a moment ago , and what I saw was what I saw .

I thought I must have seen it wrong , but I was correct .
Lewis moved right and they touched .
Moments later he denies responsibility .

They each , clearly knew the other was there .

This is not nearly as clear as some would have it . Let's see who the stewards shake the stick at in the end .

this was not a racing incident it was after the session flag waived so drivers can do whatever they like, like come close to other cars and even gesticulate to each other
they are not racing, they are slowed down and cruising in an in-lap
what a driver Can't do, however, is deliberately crash into another car, made doubly worse that the car he crashed into still had to drive in Q3
Maldonado was wrong plain and simple
the incident that preceded that was him being slow and lewis having to overtake him to get his time in, and of course, PM either not being aware that hamilton was there or just too poor of a fellow competitor to understand what was going on.
The only person he should be angry with is himself.
Now, after the end of the session, they can have a few words to each other or come close to each other or whatever,. But you simply can't deliberately crash your car into a competitor

truefan72
27th August 2011, 15:36
Frank didn't look to happy on the screen, but what can he do, Maldonado is financing his team?!

yup.

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 15:42
this was not a racing incident it was after the session flag waived so drivers can do whatever they like, like come close to other cars and even gesticulate to each other
they are not racing, they are slowed down and cruising in an in-lap
what a driver Can't do, however, is deliberately crash into another car, made doubly worse that the car he crashed into still had to drive in Q3
Maldonado was wrong plain and simple
the incident that preceded that was him being slow and lewis having to overtake him to get his time in, and of course, PM either not being aware that hamilton was there or just too poor of a fellow competitor to understand what was going on.
The only person he should be angry with is himself.
Now, after the end of the session, they can have a few words to each other or come close to each other or whatever,. But you simply can't deliberately crash your car into a competitor

You need to watch the vid again as well .

Lewis and Pastor touched as a result of a move to the right from Lewis .
The traces from the steering will show this .

Lewis hit Pastor's rear tire with his front tire , and was lucky he didn't launch Pastor . Or , perhaps I should say that Pastor was luckier in that case .

Ranger
27th August 2011, 15:44
I don't think it was 100% anyone's fault from what I saw... would need to see more footage.

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 16:03
Ban for Maldonado, don't want to see him on a track ever again.

Thanks

Daniel

Hey Daniel , if it turns out that Lewis was the one really at fault here in the eyes of the stewards , will you still feel the same way ?

Would you ask for Lewis to be banned ?

Warriwa
27th August 2011, 16:12
Agreed.
Based on the footage available.
Lewis moved right.
Pastor held his line.

fandango
27th August 2011, 16:17
Ban them both for one race. Maldonado's lack of self-control was wrong, as was Hamilton's barging through the way he did on the flying lap. I'm tired of seeing Hamilton get silly reprimands that mean nothing and have no effect on his behaviour towards other competitors.

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 16:18
Agreed.
Based on the footage available.
Lewis moved right.
Pastor held his line.

You are not going to be popular with Daniel either .

Where is the cavalry ?
Usually , there are people here to defend his honour , but all I hear are you and a few crickets chirping .

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 16:21
Ban them both for one race. Maldonado's lack of self-control was wrong, as was Hamilton's barging through the way he did on the flying lap. I'm tired of seeing Hamilton get silly reprimands that mean nothing and have no effect on his behaviour towards other competitors.

Wait a minute now .

Maldonado drove straight .
Should he be banned for being along side ?

I don't see the flying lap as something punish-worthy , but Pastor might think so .
He might have been hot-headed at the time , but he held the line that he , being ahead , was entitled to hold , whether the session was over or not .

bontebempo
27th August 2011, 16:30
i live in colombia and everyone here drives like a ****. The intelligence level of drivers in south america is soooooo low that im amazed how this Pastor guy got a seat in F1. Saying that looked like Lewis swerved at him...

Daniel
27th August 2011, 16:36
Hey Daniel , if it turns out that Lewis was the one really at fault here in the eyes of the stewards , will you still feel the same way ?

Would you ask for Lewis to be banned ?

Are you trying to make out that I'm a Lewis fan? :D

ioan
27th August 2011, 16:38

I disagree with the bold part.

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 16:41
Are you trying to make out that I'm a Lewis fan? :D

Sorry , didn't mean to insult you .

Should Lewis be banned ?
It did look deliberate . He did turn the wheel towards Pastor .

ioan
27th August 2011, 16:47
I am really curious to see what happens! Which one if not both get's a penalty?!

markabilly
27th August 2011, 16:51
Sorry , didn't mean to insult you .

Should Lewis be banned ?
It did look deliberate . He did turn the wheel towards Pastor .

I have got to agree with bagwan in his posts....well about 80% anyway.

Seems to me that Lewis did not institute the shenigans, and PM was clearly being the one in his face.

But I think at the last second, Lewis let his temper/competitiveness/heat of the moment/nascar-temper get in the way and he took a swipe at PM, probably thinking to put a scare into him, but PM did not dodge over, and the contact occurred.

If Lewis had left it alone.......then we would have had PM taunting the snot out of him, but so what?

Sticks and getting smashed by a car may break my bones, but words, flashing the finger et all, never will

So PM clearly started the fight, but I think Lewis was gonna let it be known he don't take no crap from anyone.....but then opppsss

Hey Louie, Louie, come over to nascar, (sung to that old tune from Rock and roll)

where like your new friend, Tony Stewart, you can throw your helmet at cars, bust an official or two upside the head, and let everyone know them balls may not be the biggest, but they are steel, and don't f with me, unless you wanna go all the way.

unlike them FIA pussies

markabilly
27th August 2011, 16:54
I have got to agree with bagwan in his posts....well about 80% anyway.

Seems to me that Lewis did not institute the shenigans, and PM was clearly being the one in his face.

But I think at the last second, Lewis let his temper/competitiveness/heat of the moment/nascar-temper get in the way and he took a swipe at PM, probably thinking to put a scare into him, but PM did not dodge over, and the contact occurred.

If Lewis had left it alone.......then we would have had PM taunting the snot out of him, but so what?

Sticks and getting smashed by a car may break my bones, but words, flashing the finger et all, never will

So PM clearly started the fight, but I think Lewis was gonna let it be known he don't take no crap from anyone.....but then opppsss :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey Louie, Louie, come over to nascar, (sung to that old tune from Rock and roll)

where like your new friend, Tony Stewart, you can throw your helmet at cars, bust an official or two upside the head, and let everyone know them balls may not be the biggest, but they are steel, and don't f with me, unless you wanna go all the way.

unlike them FIA pussies :rolleyes:

a
had to add the faces to do it right...

Hey hey, me got to go....yaeh yeah but will be back to post a few TS highlights of how real men race

Meanwhile Bagwan, man, you the man, don't let them make you back down, take a swipe...but don't do a lewie OPPPPPSSS :D

Mark
27th August 2011, 17:03
From what I saw it was Hamilton that crashed into Maldonado?

markabilly
27th August 2011, 17:06
Imagine a little less talk and more action in F1 like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj3JtxNz95I&feature=related

but Tony don't whine about officals, its cause I am black, he shows them the what for:

Tony Stewart fights officiating crew - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgNf6eTfuM&feature=related)

anyway, i think both them boys are gonna pay a price, but what, I do not know,

sort of reminds what Senna said about going to take out Prost, and then went out and did it.

So big deal, let lewis alone, if you ask me, cause it is all good entertainment, but I ain't the FIA

fandango
27th August 2011, 17:07
Wait a minute now .

Maldonado drove straight .
Should he be banned for being along side ?

I don't see the flying lap as something punish-worthy , but Pastor might think so .
He might have been hot-headed at the time , but he held the line that he , being ahead , was entitled to hold , whether the session was over or not .

I suppose the stewards will able to examine the telemetry, so they'll know who turned into who, and they'll compare the data with a typical lap's race line. As I saw it, I thought Maldonado swerved towards Hamilton, more to express his disgust than collide. Hamilton doesn't back down, though, and looked to me like he turned towards Maldonado as a retaliatory move. They should both be punished. Hamilton's wrong was less serious, but it's just another in a long line.

Ironic that an incident like this should happen on the weekend that people are reflecting on the legacies of another driver's 20-year career...

Bagwan
27th August 2011, 17:11
:rolleyes:

a
had to add the faces to do it right...

Hey hey, me got to go....yaeh yeah but will be back to post a few TS highlights of how real men race

Meanwhile Bagwan, man, you the man, don't let them make you back down, take a swipe...but don't do a lewie OPPPPPSSS :D

Yeah , Billy , all the pastor wanted to do was preach a little at the sinner , and he caught a swerve in the pod for a thanks .
Do I hear an amen to that , brother Billy ?

Testify .

fandango
i live in colombia and everyone here drives like a ****. The intelligence level of drivers in south america is soooooo low that im amazed how this Pastor guy got a seat in F1. Saying that looked like Lewis swerved at him...

I live in Spain, but I'm from Ireland. Is that about the same distance as between Colombia and Venezuela? Can I comment on the intelligence level of drivers in Europe?

markabilly
Ironic that an incident like this should happen on the weekend that people are reflecting on the legacies of another driver's 20-year career...

Hummmm, sort of like instant karma...

markabilly
27th August 2011, 17:14
Yeah , Billy , all the pastor wanted to do was preach a little at the sinner , and he caught a swerve in the pod for a thanks .
Do I hear an amen to that , brother Billy ?

Testify .

Amen, you have seen the light,

gather around brothers and sisters, listen to the words of the bagwan, and drink the kool aid...

:beer:

now let us hear it...Umum good

tfp
27th August 2011, 17:15
Is there any online footage of the qualifying? I was unwillingly drafted into work today and was forced into watching the qualifying on a tiny portable TV and diddnt get a good view of what hapenned:-)

markabilly
27th August 2011, 17:17
well the mac gets a penalty, and Hamilton adds another reprimand to his resume, a resume that is growing longer and longer.....

guess they do not want to spoil tommorrow's race...or have Leiws run off to nascar land...

(other mac that is)

or maybe they are trying to make up for that screw job they did on Hamilton a few years ago that robbed him of a win

Allyc85
27th August 2011, 17:19
5 grid spot penalty for PM!

Pastor Maldonado penalised, Lewis Hamilton reprimanded over Spa qualifying clash - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94028)

Hoepfully he will get a bit more info on how they came to this decision and the maximum penalty could give under the regs.

Roamy
27th August 2011, 17:19
Oh come on . Lifetime - maybe if he gave him a Chicago Heel Stomp!!

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:20
well the mac gets a penalty, and Hamilton adds another reprimand to his resume, a resume that is growing longer and longer.....

guess they do not want to spoil tommorrow's race...or have Leiws run off to nascar land...

(other mac that is)

or maybe they are trying to make up for that screw job they did on Hamilton a few years ago that robbed him of a win

Based on past experience whatever the stewards decide it will most probably be the wrong decision! :D

donKey jote
27th August 2011, 17:21
The stewards said both drivers were guilty of "causing a collision"

hmm...

donKey jote
27th August 2011, 17:22
OT

A thread called "Lifetime ban please" by daniel :laugh:

hmm...

markabilly
27th August 2011, 17:23
Based on past experience whatever the stewards decide it will most probably be the wrong decision! :D

of that we can be sure.....

but if they both cause a crash, why not the same for both....oh well

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:23
Funny:

Maldonado was adjudged to have been more at fault in the incident and will be moved back from 16th to 21st on the grid.

Hamilton was given a reprimand but receives no penalty. The stewards said both drivers were guilty of "causing a collision" and were punished under article 16.1 of the regulations.

Pastor Maldonado penalised, Lewis Hamilton reprimanded over Spa qualifying clash - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94028)

Interesting, both are guilty of the same offense but only one gets a penalty!

Just out of curiosity how many reprimands can one get before a real penalty is given?
Or is it more important that he might be in the title fight (although almost 4 wins short)?!

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:24
of that we can be sure.....

but if they both cause a crash, why not the same for both....oh well

See my post above! ;)

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:25
The stewards said both drivers were guilty of "causing a collision"

hmm...

The usual FIA way of doing things, under pressure from a small guy who wants to keep the show alive at any means and as long as possible.

markabilly
27th August 2011, 17:27
it's cause he is black..................... :D

Roamy
27th August 2011, 17:35
Yea those F1 fa_gg_ots better be careful messin with the Latinos - somebody may get a colombian necktie :)

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:47
What about drive through penalties drivers receive for infractions? It's not as though Lewis escapes punishment consistently. I'm not happy with a reprimand but hey, no point crying over spilt milk. Roll on tomorrow.

You being a Hamilton fan it is obvious why you say that.
However the sporting rules call for a 10 grid places penalty at the 3rd reprimand, or we lost count of how many Lewis already received for running into other drivers and we yet to see that 10 grid place penalty.

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:49
it's cause he is black..................... :D

Most probably! ;)

Then again during today's post qualy interview he joked about how he thought that he will have to visit the stewards again after the Madonado incident. The guy is simply a big kid who will never mature.

markabilly
27th August 2011, 17:51
how many reprimands does this make?

Can a driver just continue to be reprimanded forever??

never mind, you ansered the question.

so how many does he have?

do drive throughs count?

steveaki13
27th August 2011, 17:53
I think both should have been given a 5 placed penalty.

It was a needless petulent collision, but not all that much.

The cries of some to ban for life or seasons, even more than an odd race, just shows how people jump straight in to have a rant, without actually looking and thinking.

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:56
how many reprimands does this make?

Can a driver just continue to be reprimanded forever??

never mind, you ansered the question.

so how many does he have?

do drive throughs count?

The rules are clear, the 3rd reprimand for a driving infringement has to be a 10 place grid penalty, not a drive through and not a 20 seconds penalty, so logic says that Lewis went without a penalty for well over 10 reprimands as far as I can remember, which questions the motivation of the FIA stewards or should I say muppets?

ioan
27th August 2011, 17:57
He should take a leaf out of your book eh ioan? lol
Sorry after reading some of the latter comments on here it just made me chuckle a bit. Do as I say/complain, not as I do it seems haha.

I doubt he is smart enough to read anything from my book, so let's not embarrass him. :laugh:

Daniel
27th August 2011, 17:58
I have to admit that upon looking back it does look like Hamilton moved. The angle that i saw made it look 100% PM's fault when it really seems to be somewhere near 50:50

:embarassed: :dozey:

fandango
27th August 2011, 18:19
What does getting a reprimand mean? As far as I can see it just means "we didn't like that". What's the point? F1 is not a popularity contest anyway.

If Ham had said, "sorry Pastor old bean about the argy-bargy on that lap - flying one and all that, you know" then I'd say it was excusable, but he then gets all chest out when Maldonado shows he's annoyed, and on top of that professes innocence. Hamilton is a brilliant driver, but he's such an idiot.

As for Maldonado, he's lucky to get off with a five place penalty.

Daniel
27th August 2011, 18:43
Well this has quickly turned on Lewis which was to be expected. Just ban him for a race and set it to zero.

Yep, mainly because Hamilton is black and probably likes Apple products :dozey:

ioan
27th August 2011, 18:58
Yep, mainly because Hamilton is black and probably likes Apple products :dozey:

:up: :laugh:

Daniel
27th August 2011, 19:09
:up: :laugh:

Sadly there are certain people (like you and I) who can't have a a view or change an opinion to something that someone on here doesn't like without there being some big conspiracy behind it.

ioan
27th August 2011, 19:18
Sadly there are certain people (like you and I) who can't have a a view or change an opinion to something that someone on here doesn't like without there being some big conspiracy behind it.

Honestly I don't care about what most of them think, you should do the same! ;)

steveaki13
27th August 2011, 20:15
Honestly I don't care about what most of them think, you should do the same! ;)

I don't agree at all Ioan. :angryfire

Now go and cry in the corner as you care so much that I don't agree. :bigcry:

ioan
27th August 2011, 20:55
I don't agree at all Ioan. :angryfire

Now go and cry in the corner as you care so much that I don't agree. :bigcry:

;(

Just kidding! :D

big_sw2000
27th August 2011, 21:09
I have to admit that upon looking back it does look like Hamilton moved. The angle that i saw made it look 100% PM's fault when it really seems to be somewhere near 50:50

:embarassed: :dozey:

Just seen onbord on the BBC news, and Hamilton did not moove an inch. Although the outside video it looks like he dose.

donKey jote
27th August 2011, 21:48
Game of chicken between two cocks (pun intended). :dozey:

ioan
27th August 2011, 22:27
Just seen onbord on the BBC news, and Hamilton did not moove an inch. Although the outside video it looks like he dose.

And how do you appreciate his relative position from an onboard view?
The outside view is the better view to appreciate the situation for the two cars.

CNR
27th August 2011, 23:45
lets face it we have seen lewis do stuff like this

Nem14
28th August 2011, 00:25
And how do you appreciate his relative position from an onboard view?
The outside view is the better view to appreciate the situation for the two cars.Yep.

And from the outside view it looks to me that Hamiltion moved over into Maldonado. Further Hamiltion darted to the right towards Maldonado as they came out of La Source as he realized Maldonado had a run on him.

Who knows what the stewards looked at to make their ruling.

CNR
28th August 2011, 01:33
Hamilton reprimanded after collision
Formula 1 | Hamilton reprimanded after collision | ESPNSTAR.com (http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f1/news/detail/item663832/Hamilton-reprimanded-after-collision/)

Lewis Hamilton escaped with a slap on the wrist following his latest brush with the stewards to leave him clear to go all out for victory in the Belgian Grand Prix.

Lifetime ban please for lewis as well

wedge
28th August 2011, 01:37
Yep.

And from the outside view it looks to me that Hamiltion moved over into Maldonado. Further Hamiltion darted to the right towards Maldonado as they came out of La Source as he realized Maldonado had a run on him.

Who knows what the stewards looked at to make their ruling.

Very hard to tell how much LH was at fault as the track veers to the right after La Source and you want to be on the right hand side for the racing line into Eau Rouge - which could arguably be an illusion when pointing the finger at LH and whether LH was aware of PM we will never know.

The onboard shows LH the universal hand-sticking-out-of-cockpit gesticulation of 'WTF are you playing at?' but it seems even YT are LH fanboys as I haven't seen PM's onboard footage.

Aerial view would probably have been a better angle.

And one wonders whether Mansell's dislike of LH influenced the decision?

Post quali PM had guilty written all over his face and LH wasn't exactly convincing playing sweet and innocent so it seems the stewards called it right and maybe PM deserved to have started at the back rather than a slap on the wrist.

markabilly
28th August 2011, 03:05
Game of chicken between two cocks (pun intended). :dozey:

My sweetie has asked:

Did someone say something about playing a game with their chicken????

choking one right now

http://cdn.thefrisky.com/images/uploads/olivia_munn_chicken_t.jpg

she said lewis needs to stop whining and just do a tony stewart upside the head of that mansell, and he will get off Hamilton's back

airshifter
28th August 2011, 06:02
I think the FIA screwed up again.

From watching it several times, Lewis was at least as much as fault as Pastor and in my eyes actually more so. He is the one that makes the sudden moves both before the impact and the one that caused the impact. Pastor pulled alongside obviously not happy, but he didn't run into anyone either.

Kevincal
28th August 2011, 06:56
what in the hell are most of you people watching? It was clear to me both drivers were being idiots and they swerved into each other! Both should get a 5 grid spot penalty, but its not nearly as serious as some of you Hamilton lovers make it out to be...

kfzmeister
28th August 2011, 07:50
Since Silverstone they have decided to give a penalty to a driver for every third reprimand.
I don't think that Ham will go too long without his third reprimand (has two already?). Hmmm, might even happen tomorrow.
I would bet on that!!!

Koz
28th August 2011, 08:29
I just watched Qualifying... I don't get how anyone can see Maldanado is fault..

PM keeps his line (and drifts ever so slightly), while Lewis just plain drives across into him...

Lewis should have had the penalty...

Hawkmoon
28th August 2011, 08:45
Watching it live I thought it was 100% Maldonado. Watching it again on Youtube and I have to say that Hamilton turned into Maldonado and is very lucky to have escaped a penalty. Maldonado isn't blameless as he took a line that was going to cut the McLaren off but if Maldonado got 5 places then so too should Hamilton.

ioan
28th August 2011, 09:49
And one wonders whether Mansell's dislike of LH influenced the decision?

Like not giving him the 10 places grid penalty prescribed in the rules? Strange way of disliking a person. ;)

ioan
28th August 2011, 09:50
Watching it live I thought it was 100% Maldonado. Watching it again on Youtube and I have to say that Hamilton turned into Maldonado and is very lucky to have escaped a penalty. Maldonado isn't blameless as he took a line that was going to cut the McLaren off but if Maldonado got 5 places then so too should Hamilton.

Same reactions here.

inimitablestoo
28th August 2011, 09:50
If I was Sir Frank I'd have stood Maldonado down for this race, and warned him that anything similar in future means he's out permanently. Might not sit well with PDVSA, but hey, they could always put Milka Duno in. She'd be less of a liability...

ioan
28th August 2011, 09:54
If I was Sir Frank I'd have stood Maldonado down for this race, and warned him that anything similar in future means he's out permanently. Might not sit well with PDVSA, but hey, they could always put Milka Duno in. She'd be less of a liability...

First it wasn't only Maldonado's fault.
Second Maldonado is more or less funding the Williams team with his sponsor(s), which means Williams can hardly do that without having huge problems.

Or maybe are you afraid that Maldonado might just pay it back to Lewis during the race?

52Paddy
28th August 2011, 09:59
I have to say (and this may have been said - not going to read all 98 posts) that I'm not entirely convinced Maldonado was solely to blame. From what I remember, as both cars exited La Source, Hamilton moved out and then knee-jerked back onto the racing line. Perhaps Maldonado saw this as statement (just a complete hunch with no bias towards any driver). Either way, it would be wrong for him (Maldonado) to become revengeful. Proceeding down the racing line, Maldonado seemed to be moving over in order to take up a place on it. He was in a comfortable position to overtake Hamilton at this point. However, rather than keep position, Hamilton lifted his hand and his car moved towards the right-hand side of the track (not the usual position on that part of the track - a little further down the road, yes. But no so soon after La Source). The course that the two cars had now meant they were going to meet as both were on opposing plains.

It's really hard for me to judge this one giving the slant I have on it above. However, the fact that Maldonado did move over quite early deems his part in the action unsafe enough to award a penalty. I do think a 5-place grid drop was a little weak. Demoted to the back of the grid would be more justified. A one to three race ban is the absolute maximum I would award on the possibility of further evidence suggesting deliberate intentions on the part of Maldonado. Anything after that is major over-kill in my view.

Koz
28th August 2011, 11:12
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/08/videos-hamilton-and-maldonado-crash-in.html

This is a video F1365 posted in another thread.

Malbec
28th August 2011, 11:35
It's really hard for me to judge this one giving the slant I have on it above. However, the fact that Maldonado did move over quite early deems his part in the action unsafe enough to award a penalty. I do think a 5-place grid drop was a little weak. Demoted to the back of the grid would be more justified. A one to three race ban is the absolute maximum I would award on the possibility of further evidence suggesting deliberate intentions on the part of Maldonado. Anything after that is major over-kill in my view.

I completely agree with that POV, especially as the moves by both drivers were not black and white leading up to the collision.

52Paddy
28th August 2011, 11:42
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/08/videos-hamilton-and-maldonado-crash-in.html

This is a video F1365 posted in another thread.

At 24 seconds, Hamilton moves right but knee-jerks back in avoidance. All the while, Maldonado is gradually pulling an overtake and heading towards the racing line. At 26 seconds, Hamilton moves right again and, with Maldonado heading going towards the racing line, the gap is radically decreased. From the on-board, it looks like Maldonado chopped the nose off Hamilton. But, in reality, Hamilton had as much a part to play. Had Hamilton held station, the gap would have maintained and, quite possibly, no contact would have occurred. Another question beckons: why did Hamilton, at 22/23 seconds, bother to block Maldonado's overtake if the session had ended by that stage?

I'm not a Hamilton basher by any means but I'm starting to feel that Maldonado is not the bad boy that some are making him out to be. I certainly don't think Hamilton deliberately ran into the side of Maldonado. However, what seems plausible is that Hamilton veered right when he took his hands off the wheel [brain-fade]. Without intending to hit Maldonado, the contact happened because Maldonado was heading for the racing line anyway. I haven't heard any comments from the drivers yet so will be interesting to hear what they have to say about it. Perhaps more clarification will be given.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 11:49

Yep. That's how I feel now

steveaki13
28th August 2011, 12:05
Scenerio: Lewis spins or has a problem and rejoins behind Maldonado.... Let the fun commence. :D

motetarip
28th August 2011, 12:39
Videos: Hamilton and Maldonado crash in 2011 Belgian Qualifying Q2 | F1 2011 | 2011 Belgium Grand Prix | Formula 1 | Formula1onlive | 2011 F1 Cars Photos | (http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/08/videos-hamilton-and-maldonado-crash-in.html)

Immediately before the collision Hamilton does NOT move right - watch the onboard footage and you can see the distance from the side of the track remains the same. Watching external cameras is not better as the perspective gives a false impression of this.

100% Maldonado's fault and he should be disqualified from the rest of the season.

Daniel
28th August 2011, 12:51
Videos: Hamilton and Maldonado crash in 2011 Belgian Qualifying Q2 | F1 2011 | 2011 Belgium Grand Prix | Formula 1 | Formula1onlive | 2011 F1 Cars Photos | (http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/08/videos-hamilton-and-maldonado-crash-in.html)

Immediately before the collision Hamilton does NOT move right - watch the onboard footage and you can see the distance from the side of the track remains the same. Watching external cameras is not better as the perspective gives a false impression of this.

100% Maldonado's fault and he should be disqualified from the rest of the season.

You seem to ignore the fact that Hamilton still jinked right and set himself on a collision course.

motetarip
28th August 2011, 13:36
You seem to ignore the fact that Hamilton was well ahead of Maldonado at that point. Hamilton then maintained his course while Maldonado sideswiped him after overtaking.

ioan
28th August 2011, 13:37
looks like justice has been served!

The Black Knight
28th August 2011, 17:37
You seem to ignore the fact that Hamilton still jinked right and set himself on a collision course.

I've looked at that crash numerous times and there is no way you can blame Lewis for this. Not alone that, Pastor all but admitted that he did it intentionally in the BBC F1 Forum. I still say he got away very softly with this. There is no doubt but it was intentional. No matter what Lewis did there they were going to have an accident. Look at the line Pastor was taking. It was a line designed to cut across Lewis. The onboard of Lewis really says it all. It is very clear Pastor simply cut across him. I'm really surprised there are people defending Pastor on this. I was even more surprised that Lewis was given a reprimand. I don't really see why he was given it. It was never his intention to touch Maldonado, it was Maldonado's intention to touch Lewis though.

Rollo
29th August 2011, 00:51
Well, Schumacher got all his points for the 1997 season taken away for an incident during racing.
I guess what Maldonado did after the qualy 2 was over is OK because they were not racing! LOL

No it isn't; that's not the point. Maldonado didn't do something which was "OK".

Why do you support a lifetime ban for Maldonado, and not Schumacher? Just because Schumacher got all his points taken away, doesn't explain why the difference should exist.

kfzmeister
29th August 2011, 06:14
So,.....Lewis makes essentially the same move on Kobes today that Pastor made on him yesterday!
Surely that ,means that he will get a lifetime ban now, too!!!! :)

inimitablestoo
29th August 2011, 08:09
For the simpletons:

When Lewis made his mistake in the race, that was racing
When Pastor made his deliberate move after Q2, that was not racing

If this is too difficult for you to comprehend, may I suggest you **** off and do something a little less taxing.

Koz
29th August 2011, 08:30
For the simpletons:

When Lewis made his mistake in the race, that was racing
When Pastor made his deliberate move after Q2, that was not racing

If this is too difficult for you to comprehend, may I suggest you **** off and do something a little less taxing.

Please answer this question YES or NO:

Did Lewis drift right and across into Maldonado?

Koz
29th August 2011, 08:42
Go and watch it one more time: F1 2011 - Spa - Maldonado Crashes Into Hamilton (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qek88QxYbW0)

What happens at 24 seconds...

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 08:54
Go and watch it one more time: F1 2011 - Spa - Maldonado Crashes Into Hamilton (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qek88QxYbW0)

What happens at 24 seconds...

When did Lewis' steering wheel turn right here?

8hHG3rPl5UM

Daniel
29th August 2011, 08:58
When did Lewis' steering wheel turn right here?

8hHG3rPl5UM

not to be funny, but why not show an outside angle and why not show it running for more than .25 of a second before contact occurs. Whilst Hamilton is certainly not as much to blame as Maldonado, he definitely wasn't a 100% innocent victim in this situation.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 08:59
Indeed the first swerve was corrected and Lewis was in fact returning to the racing line.

Why does he need to return to the racing line? The chequered flag had dropped.....

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 09:06
not to be funny, but why not show an outside angle and why not show it running for more than .25 of a second before contact occurs. Whilst Hamilton is certainly not as much to blame as Maldonado, he definitely wasn't a 100% innocent victim in this situation.

Yes, because an outside angle is more conclusive than an onboard one in deciding whether a car moved or not....

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/554/original/facepalm.jpg?1248715065

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 09:09
Why does he need to return to the racing line? The chequered flag had dropped.....

You're right Daniel. Being the fastest car in Q2, Lewis is obviously trying to bang into Maldonado and damage his car so he's at maximum disadvantage before Q3, so that he can qualify last and ruin his race.

FFS just please stop trolling.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 09:18
Why would Maldonado need to overtake a coasting Lewis and swerve across the front of him? Thats precisely the point. My guess is Lewis wasn't swerving at Maldonado in the first instance at all and simply didn't expect him to be coming past and took evasive action. Maldonado was coming past and accelerating at racing speed down towards Eau Rouge and cut back across too early. I don't think he did it deliberately but he did come across the front of Lewis and this can be seen by all camera angles as far as I am concerned.

I'm not disagreeing with you to a certain extent, but if you show a bit more of the onboard you see Lewis swerving and then not that long after they came together. Hamilton and Maldonado set themselves on a collision course and both thought the other was going to move, no one moved. Still, much more Maldonado's fault than Hamilton's.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 09:20
You're right Daniel. Being the fastest car in Q2, Lewis is obviously trying to bang into Maldonado and damage his car so he's at maximum disadvantage before Q3, so that he can qualify last and ruin his race.

FFS just please stop trolling.

You're right CaptainRaiden, having found the source of the Nile, Hamilton then proceeded to Ujiji on the shores of Lake Tanganyika where he found Dr Livingstone and the rest of history.

Now of course you never said any of this, but why don't I just make up something, act like you said it and try to paint you like an idiot?

The Black Knight
29th August 2011, 09:24
I'm not disagreeing with you to a certain extent, but if you show a bit more of the onboard you see Lewis swerving and then not that long after they came together. Hamilton and Maldonado set themselves on a collision course and both thought the other was going to move, no one moved. Still, much more Maldonado's fault than Hamilton's.

This is a ludicrous statement. There is no way Hamilton is going to take that risk with one qualifying session left to run. No way.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 09:30
This is a ludicrous statement. There is no way Hamilton is going to take that risk with one qualifying session left to run. No way.

Why is it a ludicrous statement if Hamilton thought Maldonado would wimp out?

The Black Knight
29th August 2011, 09:41

Wimp out of what exactly? I would say it is very reasonable for Hamilton to assume under any circumstance that a fellow profesional driver would not intentionally crash into him, so even if your assumption is correct, and that's a big IF, it is still 100% Maldonado's fault. You don't intentionally make contact with another driver, EVER!

Daniel
29th August 2011, 09:47
Wimp out of what exactly? I would say it is very reasonable for Hamilton to assume under any circumstance that a fellow profesional driver would not intentionally crash into him, so even if your assumption is correct, and that's a big IF, it is still 100% Maldonado's fault. You don't intentionally make contact with another driver, EVER!

You really don't get it. The intent was never to make contact, only to be the big man and try and scare the other driver.

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 09:48

Epic mind reading fail! :laugh: This is now getting ridiculous.

There's just one problem with that Daniel. This is Formula 1, not your weekend bumper cars where you threaten other drivers by swerving at dangerous speeds, waiting to see if they'll wimp out or not. He's driving a car that costs millions of dollars to build, and at that time was potentially fighting for pole position, serious business, unless you're implying that he's as daft as Jacques going full throttle at Eau Rouge just to punk his BAR team.

So yes, it is a ludicrous statement. Seriously, please stop trolling.

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 09:49
You really don't get it. The intent was never to make contact, only to be the big man and try and scare the other driver.

And you know his intent HOW exactly?

The Black Knight
29th August 2011, 09:55

No, I get it and it's as clear as day there was most likely intent there.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:05
And you know his intent HOW exactly?

Because both drivers were donkeys and make moves at each other, Maldonado was clearly the instigator and the one most guilty though. What is it with Hamilton threads where people seem to be unable to assign Hamilton as much blame as he should get?

I saw the reverse angle replay originally and I did think it was 100% Maldonado's fault, take a look from the front and you see that Hamilton takes a swerve towards Maldonado....

I could write a computer program to post on Lewis Hamilton threads

IF DRIVER_LEWIS_HAMILTON 100% @ FAULT THEN RACING INCIDENT 50:50 BLAME
IF DRIVER_LEWIS_HAMILTON 70% @ FAULT THEN OTHER DRIVER 80% TO BLAME. IT'S COS HE'S BLACK INNIT?
IF DRIVER_LEWIS_HAMILTON 50% @ FAULT THEN OTHER DRIVER SHOULD BE BANNED AND LEWIS WAS 0% AT FAULT

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:06
Since Lewis has not explained his inner thoughts on this, how on earth do you know this for a fact? I think you are putting emphasis on something you would like to beleive rather than something you know.

OK so why does Lewis jink to the right if not to play the big man and show Pastor who's boss?

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:10
Epic mind reading fail! :laugh: This is now getting ridiculous.

There's just one problem with that Daniel. This is Formula 1, not your weekend bumper cars where you threaten other drivers by swerving at dangerous speeds, waiting to see if they'll wimp out or not. He's driving a car that costs millions of dollars to build, and at that time was potentially fighting for pole position, serious business, unless you're implying that he's as daft as Jacques going full throttle at Eau Rouge just to punk his BAR team.

So yes, it is a ludicrous statement. Seriously, please stop trolling.
LOL whatever :) So in the history of F1, no one has ever played chicken and swerved at someone to try to scare them? :laugh: It was hardly a dangerous speed to be crashing at, not that this was either drivers actual intention......

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:18
He's moves right but you nor I know his intentions. It could be that he was on his cool down lap after Q2 and was simply taking the right hand side line down to Eau Rouge but then saw Maldonado coming past and changed his course? Thats an assumption but its a fair assumption IMO. Lewis seemed genuinely shocked to see Maldonado coming past so fast when it should have been a coasting lap back to the pits under a closed session.

I think that's a fair assumption, it's not the conclusion I arrive at of course, but it's not unreasonable for sure.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:25
Agreed.

Good to see we can agree on something :p

Anyway, without going over old ground. I firmly believe that both drivers are at fault here. Maldonado being the one most at fault. Lets call is 70:30. The stewards looked at the incident and chose to give one driver a warning and the other a 5 place grid drop. If Maldonado had really driven clear across Hamilton's nose then do you really think he'd get just a 5 place grid drop and Lewis would get a warning.

Daniel
29th August 2011, 10:28
I don't think Maldonado intentionally hit Lewis but I do think he intended to cut him up. The impact had no advantage for either driver so neither would have wanted to risk their cars at that stage IMO. :)

EXACTLY! If you look at the result then I think sometimes you lose sight of the time before the incident happened and you make the assumption that because contact happened that this was the intention. it'd be like me looking at the incident with Kobayashi and saying that because contact happened then it MUST have been intentional which simply isn't true. I'll admit that when I first saw the incident I thought Pastor had driven clean into Lewis (hence this thread!!!!) but then after that it became apparent that it wasn't quite so clear cut. I don't for one moment think that either driver intended to hit the other, but they both set themselves on a course that ended up

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 11:23
What is it with Hamilton threads where people seem to be unable to assign Hamilton as much blame as he should get?

What is with you and freaking 100 posts and threads about Lewis every Monday morning?

I saw the reverse angle replay originally and I did think it was 100% Maldonado's fault, take a look from the front and you see that Hamilton takes a swerve towards Maldonado....

The front angle is never a conclusive way to make your mind up on anything, and you should know this Daniel. Onboard shows Lewis holding up his hand, as to ask Maldonado what the F***? He never swerved towards Maldonado with bad intentions. He couldn't afford to be doing such idiocy especially when he was with a very good chance of getting pole.

I could write a computer program to post on Lewis Hamilton threads

IF DRIVER_LEWIS_HAMILTON 100% @ FAULT THEN RACING INCIDENT 50:50 BLAME
IF DRIVER_LEWIS_HAMILTON 70% @ FAULT THEN OTHER DRIVER 80% TO BLAME. IT'S COS HE'S BLACK INNIT?
IF DRIVER_LEWIS_HAMILTON 50% @ FAULT THEN OTHER DRIVER SHOULD BE BANNED AND LEWIS WAS 0% AT FAULT

I think there's something wrong with your code. Here, let me fix it. This time we have to take the variable of your whole weekend and Monday morning in context:

block.
Weekend begins; le Daniel on his Celeron laptop with Bill Gates wallpaper watching qualifying live.
[/list]

Schumacher nuthugging to the extreme

ASP Source Listing - Display hatred for Lewis</p>
<pre>
<html>
<head><meta http-equiv="Content-Ooh race begins. Must scream GO SCHUEY!! like a little girl in the forum chat box" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head>
<body>

block.
WHAT?? Is that Lewis RACING? What in the blue hell is that? Scrape on the sidepod, that guy is a monster, nothing like my clean racing God Schumacher
[/list]

Race over, hmm, HAVE to make 1000 posts on how dangerous Lewis is

ASP Source Listing - Have to go to work. F*** that, who cares, Lewis sucks. I'll make 1000 more posts </p>
<pre>
<html>
<head><meta http-equiv="Content-Deny that I'm a Lewis hater. Be in constant Denial. What's my name?" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head>
<body>

Fixed. :)

Daniel
29th August 2011, 11:30
You seem to ignore the fact that quite often I praise Lewis when he does well. If I were a hater would I do that?

You also ignore the fact that I don't own a laptop or a Celeron, in fact my machine is a Core i5 2500k with a Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD, Asus motherboard, 8gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3, a Sapphire HD4850, an Antec P183 case and CP850 PSU.

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 11:48
You seem to ignore the fact that quite often I praise Lewis when he does well. If I were a hater would I do that?

You also ignore the fact that I don't own a laptop or a Celeron, in fact my machine is a Core i5 2500k with a Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD, Asus motherboard, 8gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3, a Sapphire HD4850, an Antec P183 case and CP850 PSU.

Sheesh, that's weak. That's like my laptop. :p My main machine is a Core 2 Quad 2.8 Ghz, (no SSD yet), 6 GB of Corsair DDR3, ASUS Motherboard, ASUS HD4870X2 2GB on a Raidmax X-Force case.

Scott Harris
29th August 2011, 12:03
A bit harsh i think, i've seen worse incidents although i seem to remember he got a ban after hitting a marshall at monaco '05? correct me if im wrong...

Daniel
29th August 2011, 14:09
Sheesh, that's weak. That's like my laptop. :p My main machine is a Core 2 Quad 2.8 Ghz, (no SSD yet), 6 GB of Corsair DDR3, ASUS Motherboard, ASUS HD4870X2 2GB on a Raidmax X-Force case.

Sandy Bridge (with b3 board) > Core 2 Quad ;)
Add an SSD into the mix and it's silly quick. Put the PC to sleep and by the time the LCD monitor turns itself on the PC has woken itself ;)

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 17:28
Sandy Bridge (with b3 board) > Core 2 Quad ;)
Add an SSD into the mix and it's silly quick. Put the PC to sleep and by the time the LCD monitor turns itself on the PC has woken itself ;)

I am looking into buying an SSD seriously. Just didn't have enough time to shop around or get into serious gaming for a while now. It'll be interesting to see how much it improves gaming performance.

But I bet my GPU kicks yours a million times.........takes a break.......then kicks it a million times again. :p

And a quad would always be better than a dual core as far as multi-tasking goes. The difference was visible when using 64 bit Photoshop, Premiere or when playing GTA-IV. :D

Daniel
29th August 2011, 17:59
I am looking into buying an SSD seriously. Just didn't have enough time to shop around or get into serious gaming for a while now. It'll be interesting to see how much it improves gaming performance.

But I bet my GPU kicks yours a million times.........takes a break.......then kicks it a million times again.

And a quad would always be better than a dual core as far as multi-tasking goes. The difference was visible when using 64 bit Photoshop, Premiere or when playing GTA-IV. :D

I prefer this topic to Hamilton ;) Anyway my Sandy Bridge is a Quad :p Your GPU would be great for gaming as well as doubling as a heater for our house in the winter :p

What games do you play? We should sort this whole Hamilton fanboi vs h8r thing like men ;)

Seriously though, get yourself a nice SATA 3 SSD if you've got the controller for it.

CaptainRaiden
29th August 2011, 18:45
Your GPU would be great for gaming as well as doubling as a heater for our house in the winter :p

Works fine with a cheap heat sink, although temps can get pretty hot with extreme gaming, something I haven't done in a LONG while.

What games do you play? We should sort this whole Hamilton fanboi vs h8r thing like men ;)

:laugh: Almost all racing sims with my trusty old Logitech Momo Racing, which is now cobwebbed. Bought a Logitech G700 and a F710 controller to play first-person shooters, third person RPGs away from the PC on my huge ass TV screen etc.

Anyway, we should have this for another thread, in the video games forum probably, before Pino comes in and tells us to sod off.

Seriously though, get yourself a nice SATA 3 SSD if you've got the controller for it.

Looking at it, but like I said in the PM, they're too expensive for too little disk space at the moment. Don't wanna pay a fortune for something like a 1 TB SSD, and that's the kind of space I need for most of my files.

SGWilko
30th August 2011, 15:41
looks like justice has been served!

Have the Murdochs been banged up?

Mia 01
2nd September 2011, 20:01
Have the Murdochs been banged up?

Nope, Jenson is on top, itīs easy to score when your mind not only concentrases onthe car just in fornt of you.

Lewis, calm down a bit and you will be fine.

vhatever
4th September 2011, 01:34
SSD won't improve game perforemcne, though it will probably cut your load times in half.

wmcot
6th September 2011, 05:34
Works fine with a cheap heat sink, although temps can get pretty hot with extreme gaming, something I haven't done in a LONG while.

:laugh: Almost all racing sims with my trusty old Logitech Momo Racing, which is now cobwebbed. Bought a Logitech G700 and a F710 controller to play first-person shooters, third person RPGs away from the PC on my huge ass TV screen etc.

Anyway, we should have this for another thread, in the video games forum probably, before Pino comes in and tells us to sod off.

Looking at it, but like I said in the PM, they're too expensive for too little disk space at the moment. Don't wanna pay a fortune for something like a 1 TB SSD, and that's the kind of space I need for most of my files.

Did I click on a link to the computer geeks' forum????

SGWilko
6th June 2012, 12:27
cut your load times in half.

Are you referring to the amount of time it takes an IT nerd to blow said load dreaming of a major component upgrade?

driveace
8th June 2012, 19:36
At the start of this thread Daniel said ban Maldonardo so he never races again.Good job he did not get banned for life as he got Williams first win for a long while

Mark
8th June 2012, 20:10
Then acted like a dick in the next race.

heliocastroneves#3
8th June 2012, 20:45
Then acted like a dick in the next race.
Hamilton's fault.( :p )

52Paddy
10th June 2012, 16:42
His aggressive driving style (when not hindering other drivers) can be fascinating to watch. Seeing him push like hell on his final quali lap was really impressive, albeit ending unfortunately. If he can stay on the brink of the limit, without going overboard and binning it, I reckon he'll be one fast driver.