PDA

View Full Version : moaning

MrMetro
26th August 2011, 19:46
So anybody up for a good moan about a particular issue? The rain, the government, gaming, tv. Anything, post it here.

steveaki13
26th August 2011, 19:48
Whats with the weather in the south east uk, we are normally very warm and dry, but the last few weeks have been unseasonably wet.

Now I don't mind the rain, but I would have liked a bit more of the sun before we head into autum.

There you go a nice weather moan. British all the way.

driveace
26th August 2011, 19:51
the biggest moan in the UK is the price of fuel.They say that if the Libeans get back into full oil production,then our fuel prices will come down,WELL I have seen the cow jump over the moon before !!!!

steveaki13
26th August 2011, 19:56
Prices won't come down as much as they should.

The oil companies might drop them 2 or 3p a litre for a few weeks as a token, but they will soon creep back up.

tfp
26th August 2011, 21:17
Prices won't come down as much as they should.

The oil companies might drop them 2 or 3p a litre for a few weeks as a token, but they will soon creep back up.

:monster: Annoyingly, you are correct.
Also, car insurance. :mad:

The insurance companies say that uninsured drivers in the UK push the cost of car insurance up by 20%.

So are you telling me that if I could wave a wand and magically make all of the uninsured drivers dissapear, that they would decrease the cost of the premium by 20%?

ER, NO!

rant over.... :angryfire

tfp
26th August 2011, 21:18
So anybody up for a good moan about a particular issue? The rain, the government, gaming, tv. Anything, post it here.

Thankyou for this thread BTW:-)

steveaki13
27th August 2011, 08:17
I would also like a moan about threads that are started up with no reason to them other than to provide people to have a needless rant. :p ;)

steveaki13
27th August 2011, 08:20
I was also reading last week about a family/individual that was getting in trouble for putting a welcome mat outside their rented flat. The health and saftey people said it was a risk of trip hazard. :confused: A welcome mat is designed to be put outside a door, and yet they said it was to much of a risk???? :mad: World Gone Mad

Mark
27th August 2011, 10:41
Insurance is all because of a big legalised scam which nobody wants to get a grip of. It's a disgrace.

Retro Formula 1
27th August 2011, 11:03
Un-popped Popcorn :(

Daniel
27th August 2011, 12:16
Insurance is all because of a big legalised scam which nobody wants to get a grip of. It's a disgrace.

Not really. It's so expensive because people keep on suing for the slightest injury.

slinkster
27th August 2011, 12:34
My biggest moans at the moment are: The Government, Royal Mail being thieving, incompetent, little **** and the price of the cinema these days.

Captain VXR
27th August 2011, 13:00
I hate the bull**** certain tabloids create to indoctrinate people into thinking that the 'EUSSR' wants to force everyone into being homosexual gypsy Muslim asylum seeking benefit cheating weed smokers and be second class citizens to immigrants who would then automatically enforce sharia law and communism on the country

I hate one hour Christians who go to church on a Sunday, think they're all holy and superior, and then sin like the rest of us for the rest of the week. Same goes for members of any religion. The sort of people that will only give to charity in public,and make a scene of it, because they want to look good, not giving a stuff what the actual cause is about.

I also hate people who think that all foreign aid should be stopped in case a small portion of it ends up in the hands of militants and corrupt officials. A lot of it saves lives, something you cannot put a price on.

Same goes for those who see morals as black and white 'x is always wrong, even if doing so prevents y, which is far worse, from happening. Utilitarianism - achieving the greatest happiness - is the only justifiable moral code in my opinion

donKey jote
27th August 2011, 15:06
I hate moaning :dozey:

Eki
27th August 2011, 15:09
Good moaning, everybody.

Captain VXR
27th August 2011, 19:01
Got a new one. People who say they'll get in touch, then don't, and then come up with excuses like 'oh I thought you were busy'
Is your time more bloody important than mine? :mad:

Mark
27th August 2011, 21:52
People who can't write properly and use shortened versions of words all the time.

I've been reading a lot of baby advice sites recently and it seems everyone has to end with 'hun' "Just do wat u this is best 4 u hun" FFS die.

Steve Boyd
27th August 2011, 22:03
Not really. It's so expensive because people keep on suing for the slightest injury.
Actively encouraged by insurance companies selling incident details to the "ambulance chasing parasite" branch of the legal profession . . . .

Daniel
27th August 2011, 22:03
Actively encouraged by insurance companies selling incident details to the "ambulance chasing parasite" branch of the legal profession . . . .

Because it's going to happen anyway and at least that way they get a referral fee.....

Steve Boyd
27th August 2011, 22:08
Because it's going to happen anyway and at least that way they get a referral fee.....
Which the solicitors factor into the damages & costs claim that the sued party's insurance company pays out of the ever increasing premiums they charge . . . .

SGWilko
1st September 2011, 14:59

There is the 'no win no fee' brigade that will be a part of that, but there is a LOT of 'organised crime' involved with having accidents on purpose, usually involving a hire car, from which money (quite a lot) is made fraudulently.

Daniel
1st September 2011, 15:03
There is the 'no win no fee' brigade that will be a part of that, but there is a LOT of 'organised crime' involved with having accidents on purpose, usually involving a hire car, from which money (quite a lot) is made fraudulently.

Yup. I was merely saying that it's not just the insurance companies fault. Some people see a fraudulent whiplast claim as a way of getting their money back....

Dave B
1st September 2011, 15:03
People who ... use shortened versions of words all the time.

FFS

LOL :p

SGWilko
1st September 2011, 15:04
I hate train drivers who decide, in their infinate wisdom, to put the heating on in summer, but lose the ability to put it on in winter.

London cabbies - they are the worst drivers in the capital.

Drivers who pull up to traffic lights in a car, but stop in the box marked for cyclists.

Any vehicle with Addison Lee written on the back window!

Daniel
1st September 2011, 15:07
I've been reading a lot of baby advice sites recently and it seems everyone has to end with 'hun' "Just do wat u this is best 4 u hun" FFS die.

I just had a thought, are you reading ze German baby advice sites?

SGWilko
1st September 2011, 15:12
People who can't write properly and use shortened versions of words all the time.

Do you have a baby on the way perchance? Take anything you read with a pinch of salt, and only as a very rough guide!

Malbec
1st September 2011, 15:23
Any vehicle with Addison Lee written on the back window!

Make that any vehicle with a light blue london transport sign in the back.

After my accident last week, I hate kids that jump out into traffic without looking.

SGWilko
1st September 2011, 15:29
Make that any vehicle with a light blue london transport sign in the back.

After my accident last week, I hate kids that jump out into traffic without looking.

Oh dear - no fatalities I hope?

Malbec
1st September 2011, 15:35
Oh dear - no fatalities I hope?

Fortunately not. Had a 10 year old boy jump out of a crowd without looking, his head met my shoulder at 30mph. Luckily he got away with light cuts and I was merely very very shaken.

Mark
1st September 2011, 18:09
Do you have a baby on the way perchance? Take anything you read with a pinch of salt, and only as a very rough guide!

No I don't. She's right here in front of me! OMG!

gloomyDAY
2nd September 2011, 08:58
...my girlfriend...

schmenke
2nd September 2011, 19:44
Working a holiday weekend :s