PDA

View Full Version : Rule book ? We don't need no stinkin' rule book !

SoCalPVguy
25th August 2011, 01:23
"After hearing the excellent presentations by each of the participants in the protest hearing and after reviewing and being sympathetic with each of their positions, the Protest Panel was unanimous in its decision. It is this Protest Panel's conclusion that INDYCAR Senior Official Brian Barnhart had the authority under the governing 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook to render the decision that was made. We also agree that his decision to abort the restart and set the finishing positions that existed before the attempted restart to be an exercise of reasonable discretion. The protests as to Chip Ganassi Racing Teams, Inc. d/b/a Target Chip Ganassi Racing car number 9 and Newman/Haas Racing, LLC car number 2 are hereby denied."

OK my take.. The only rule is there is no rule, only TGBB's opinion.

Jeeze, Indycar gets more like the WWE and Nascar everyday.

Marbles
25th August 2011, 02:58
OK my take.. The only rule is there is no rule, only TGBB's opinion.

Jeeze, Indycar gets more like the WWE and Nascar everyday.

As appalled as I am by the overall officiating of the last race I don't think the outcome of this appeal is any different than the way USAC or CART would have handled it in years past. The difference between now and then is I believe an official such as Dallenbach would have had the race finish under a caution as it should have.

Who knows? I think someone still could have spun it under a yellow.