PDA

View Full Version : Disarmed, unarmed & screwed

Bob Riebe
24th August 2011, 05:21
Mean while, in parts of Africa Obama does not care about....

UN: 600 said killed in South Sudan cattle raids

PIBOR, South Sudan (AP) — Two months after cattle raiders stole his entire herd, Nyati Kelabo stalks around this desolate river town, sleeping under a tree, begging for food and worrying constantly about how he will feed his five children and two wives...In his Murle culture, cattle are virtually the sole form of capital and currency.
Without his herd, he said, "I'm getting nothing, only from begging."
Kelabo was lucky to escape unharmed with his entire family...Kelabo, who is in his 50s, said he couldn't protect his cattle or his family from the raiders when they attacked in mid-June, because he gave up his AK-47 during an army-led disarmament drive last year. He said the thieves were a mix of armed civilians and men in army and police uniforms...Nyikcho Bolem, a local chief, said that even if he wanted his youth to retaliate against their neighbors, the Nuer, "most of them have had their guns taken" by the army.

"So even if they wanted to fight, they would be powerless," he said.

Rollo
24th August 2011, 06:00
Mean while, in parts of Africa Obama does not care about...

Does not care about? Does not care about to the tune of $820 million?
http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-saharan_africa/countries/sudan/docs/jul11_monthly_update.pdf

Given that South Sudan is only 46 days old; having won its independence after some truly hideous and bloody fighting, incidents like this are probably still likely.

If you do have a concern for the people of South Sudan, you could always join a missions agency. Médecins Sans Frontières, Africa Inland Mission, Mobile Missions Maintenance etc. all run short term missions. Even if you have no skills whatsoever, anyone can dig trenches for plumbing, anyone can lay bricks and anyone can pour concrete.

Bob Riebe
24th August 2011, 15:06
Does not care about? Does not care about to the tune of $820 million?
http://www.usaid.gov/locations/sub-saharan_africa/countries/sudan/docs/jul11_monthly_update.pdf

Given that South Sudan is only 46 days old; having won its independence after some truly hideous and bloody fighting, incidents like this are probably still likely.

If you do have a concern for the people of South Sudan, you could always join a missions agency. Médecins Sans Frontières, Africa Inland Mission, Mobile Missions Maintenance etc. all run short term missions. Even if you have no skills whatsoever, anyone can dig trenches for plumbing, anyone can lay bricks and anyone can pour concrete.How much did Obama spend in Libya protecting rebels from the legal gov., yet he does not care enough to protect Sudanese against murdering cattle rustlers?

As I said, he does not care.

BDunnell
24th August 2011, 15:29
"Probably still likely"?? More like the way of life for the foreseeable future there. With a gun you run the risk of getting killed by someone who is a better shot than you. Without a gun be prepared fpr a life as permanent victim. And probably getting shot anyway just because some lawless idiot felt like it. Just before he raped your wife and stole the shoes off your dead body.

There are enough individuals on here who seem to feel like permanent victims of one thing or another without ever having been in such circumstances.

anthonyvop
24th August 2011, 16:28
Stuff like this happened in Haiti.

When Clinton sent in the troops.
Criminals would target a home. Tell the marines that those in the home had weapons. The Marines would do a search but usually there would be no weapons and if there were they were confiscated. Once the marines left the criminals just robbed the home secure in the knowledge that the homeowner was unarmed and the Marines were not allowed to intervene.

anthonyvop
24th August 2011, 16:32
There are enough individuals on here who seem to feel like permanent victims of one thing or another without ever having been in such circumstances.

Some people feel like victims and some people like you don't realize you are a victim.

I once talked with a friend who told me that he carries a 45 Auto with him everywhere and a .380 backup on a ankle holster. In his home he has a few Shotguns strategically stashed for easy access and always has one in his car so he always has a firearm within easy reach.

I asked him what was he afraid of.

His reply........."Absolutely Nothing"

Gregor-y
24th August 2011, 17:41
I'd be worried about shooting myself in the foot.

donKey jote
24th August 2011, 18:27
:dozey: :z

Brown, Jon Brow
24th August 2011, 18:38
Then you shouldn't drive a car as you are much more likely to be killed or injured in one than by a gun if both are used properly.

Excellent. I never thought about driving a gun to get to work. :)

BDunnell
24th August 2011, 21:04
Some people feel like victims and some people like you don't realize you are a victim.

There you go again, presuming to know someone better than they know themselves. I feel in no sense a victim of anyone or anything.

Rollo
24th August 2011, 21:13
How much did Obama spend in Libya protecting rebels from the legal gov., yet he does not care enough to protect Sudanese against murdering cattle rustlers?

As I said, he does not care.

He's YOUR President. Take some responsibility and write to him. If this means that much to you, pick up a pen.

How much do YOU care?

BDunnell
24th August 2011, 21:16
He's YOUR President. Take some responsibility and write to him. If this means that much to you, pick up a pen.

How much do YOU care?

Not enough to even countenance taking up any of the suggestions you put forward earlier, it seems.

Bob Riebe
24th August 2011, 22:02

How much do YOU care?The man ignores the true professional he asks for advice; what, maybe if I fill the envelope with pixie dust this narcissistic jack-ass will suddenly care about something some one else says.

Bob Riebe
24th August 2011, 22:04
Excellent. I never thought about driving a gun to get to work. :) That statement makes no sense.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th August 2011, 22:06
That statement makes no sense.

Maybe the British humour is lost on some.

I was making a point that a car, even though is dangerous, has practical use to me everyday. Where I don't think a gun would have any use to me.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th August 2011, 23:34
Obviously you have never had anyone try and steal your cattle.
;)

Well my brother has around 1000 sheep and he has never required a gun to stop people from stealing his livestock.

Rollo
24th August 2011, 23:51
Well my brother has around 1000 sheep and he has never required a gun to stop people from stealing his livestock.

Presumably because he lives in a country where people for the most part respect the rule of law, other people's property and the law enforcement officers.

Gregor-y
25th August 2011, 13:22
I'd be worried about shooting myself in the foot.

Then you shouldn't drive a car as you are much more likely to be killed or injured in one than by a gun if both are used properly.

Yes; those two activities are exactly the same even when used properly. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhe58xORWG0

markabilly
25th August 2011, 13:29

Yeah, and there are a bunch of sheep posting here, and nobody has tried to steal them neither

555-04Q2
25th August 2011, 15:52
:rotflmao:

ioan
25th August 2011, 19:33
This world already went tits up.

Bob Riebe
25th August 2011, 21:20
Yeah, and there are a bunch of sheep posting here, and nobody has tried to steal them neitherI have found that sheep poop make the most wonderful fertilizer.

anthonyvop
26th August 2011, 05:19
Well my brother has around 1000 sheep

Sheep huh?

Nah.....Too Easy.

Nevermind

Rollo
26th August 2011, 13:26
And did those sheep in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the Holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

markabilly
28th August 2011, 03:28
Back home, nobody would want to steal a thousand sheep.........too many to choose from :s mokin: