PDA

View Full Version : Question about Junior Strous

heliocastroneves#3
23rd August 2011, 19:41
Hello guys,

Last year, when I was watching the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma on a dutch channel (yes I come from The Netherlands) Junior Strous was also doing some commentary alongside Bert Devies (who did the commentary of each IndyCar race on our dutch channel), and he told there that the deal was almost done and that he would drive alongside de Silvestro for HVM Racing in 2011. He also told that if de Silvestro didn't crash at Texas there would've been a second chassis available for him for the rest of the 2010 season.

But since he even didn't participate at Indy and since I don't see him taking part at the season finale in Vegas, I'm thinking that what he told there was just a big piece of crap. Maybe someone knows if Strous has IndyCar plans for 2012?

Chamoo
28th August 2011, 21:15
Strous sounds like the second coming of Jos the Boss. Every year, we hear something from him or his camp announcing a Full Ride, but it never comes together.

Last year he even had a demonstration in the streets in the Netherlands I believe to announce his 2011 plans (where he crashed an old Champ Car).

I actually would enjoy seeing Junior run Indycar, the kid has a bunch of raw talent. Not polished just yet, but a year or two at HVM would do him well.