PDA

View Full Version : Mario's interview, Road America, and Chevrolet

booger
23rd August 2011, 18:06
Just reviewed Mario's excellent tv interview. He talked about all the tradition of Indycar racing and also mentioned venues that are part of the fabric of the sport including the importance of Road America and Indycar. Then I read about the rededication of the Corvette bridge and the marketing partnership with RA. Sooo, RA doesn't want to pay the sanctioning fee to bring Indycar back, but...why not use that Chevrolet partnership to stage the "Chevrolet Grand Prix of Road America"? Especially, ESPECIALLY now that Chevrolet will be involved as an engine supplier to Indycar. I know, with this crazy sport, sometimes partnerships like this just make too much sense, and unfortunately I haven't seen a whole lot of common sense being utilized lately.

FIAT1
23rd August 2011, 18:32
RA is the best track in the country and midwest is Indycar stronghold, I will never understand why not race there. With new car and good promotion it woul be FANtastic.

anthonyvop
23rd August 2011, 20:03
Just reviewed Mario's excellent tv interview. He talked about all the tradition of Indycar racing and also mentioned venues that are part of the fabric of the sport including the importance of Road America and Indycar. Then I read about the rededication of the Corvette bridge and the marketing partnership with RA. Sooo, RA doesn't want to pay the sanctioning fee to bring Indycar back, but...why not use that Chevrolet partnership to stage the "Chevrolet Grand Prix of Road America"? Especially, ESPECIALLY now that Chevrolet will be involved as an engine supplier to Indycar. I know, with this crazy sport, sometimes partnerships like this just make too much sense, and unfortunately I haven't seen a whole lot of common sense being utilized lately.

Simple solution. Just pull out your checkbook.

FIAT1
23rd August 2011, 20:39
It's all about business. If RA had been able to make a buck the last couple times Indy cars were there they would still be there.

Hm,I just though that RA is missing on cashing in like the other tracks with overwhelming crowds.

booger
23rd August 2011, 23:05
You guys misunderstood me. I wrote that with Chevy as a marketing partner at the track, why don't they sponsor a race there. Chevy must think that the track is worth it for their marketing efforts. There's been a number of Honda and Toyota Grand Prix. Why not a Chevrolet Grand Prix? I know...it makes too much sense...