PDA

View Full Version : If they did a random draw for chassis etc each race....

SarahFan
22nd August 2011, 21:38
A thread just for fun and pure speculation..

If they did a random draw for equally prepared racecars each weekend which driver would be higher up the standings and which would be lower?

Feel free to tell us why....

Chris R
22nd August 2011, 22:06
I think right now it would be pretty similar - Dario, Will and Scott are probably the best drivers at the moment. Bourdais might do better if he still has the fire. On any given weekend more than a few might find the speed to contend - but I do not think there are a lot of consistent drivers in the field right now - the younger guys still have not found their rhythm/confidence (Rahal, Andretti, Hildebrand); the older guys (Kanaan, Tagliani, Helio) probably are not quick/hungry enough anymore to jump into a car and just go - they need a solid team around them to get the most from their experience; everyone else is a toss up.... I think Wilson might be the guy who would benefit most from that scenario - he is really good but can't seem to get a top team.....

Mad_Hatter
23rd August 2011, 00:29
Justin Wilson is instantly running upfront on all r/s courses. IMO, he's the best we have on those. Will P and Dario follow somewhere within striking distance. Ovals? It would have to be Dario, Dixon, Oriol and Wheldon.

chuck34
23rd August 2011, 12:29
What do you mean exactly? Is this IROC style, no changes, etc? Or do you draw for a completely un-sorted chassis, and can spend the weekend tuning on it?

If it's the tuning bit, I'd say the usual guys (Power, Dixon, and Dario) would still be up there. After that though there'd be some shuffling. Kannan, would be right there, and I think Rahal would be as well. Interesting, I'll think on that a bit and see what I can come up with.

dataman1
25th August 2011, 14:53
I would like to see this sort of "rookie trials" done when a new pilot knocks on the door. Something like the pro football combine. Have a weekend set for the drivers to show up and jump in. See what they can do with equally prepared cars. Might increase their market value and/or weed out the poor performers with little talent.