PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an Engrish problem?

CaptainRaiden
19th August 2011, 08:23
So, the ticketing lady at the Mumbai airport tells me, "Have a nice flight." And I say, "Yeah, you too." :mad:

Eki
19th August 2011, 20:40
So, the ticketing lady at the Mumbai airport tells me, "Have a nice flight." And I say, "Yeah, you too." :mad:
You thought she said "Have a nice fright"?

CaptainRaiden
19th August 2011, 22:05
You thought she said "Have a nice fright"?

Being sleepy and tired is a good excuse as any, I guess. :D

markabilly
20th August 2011, 17:02
i heard the only way to know for sure, is to have a proctology exam by a professional....

but that is only necessary if you are a brit, and can not see your head in the mirror--- a common problem so some would say..... :D

Daniel
20th August 2011, 19:33

I do that sometimes too :mark:

SGWilko
20th August 2011, 20:15
i heard the only way to know for sure, is to have a proctology exam by a professional....

but that is only necessary if you are a brit, and can not see your head in the mirror--- a common problem so some would say..... :D

Mirror too low on the wall - I've seen this before.....

Eki
21st August 2011, 07:34
To make the situation look less awkward, you should have walked few steps, turn around and said: "Are you coming, or not?".

CaptainRaiden
21st August 2011, 09:15
I do that sometimes too :mark:

I guess it's because we're used to saying "You too" on a daily basis to people who say "Have a nice day" to us. Probably the brain doesn't function fast enough to listen that it's "flight" at the end. ;)

To make the situation look less awkward, you should have walked few steps, turn around and said: "Are you coming, or not?".

:laugh: I was with my wife, so I don't think that would have been much appreciated, unless we were part of some cult. :eek:

I also have to be careful not to chat too nice with friendly air hostesses or waitresses while the missus is around, or else prepare for some interesting, and sometimes quite funny taunts for the next few hours.

Mark
21st August 2011, 12:41
My birthday is not long after Christmas and when someone says "Merry Christmas" you say it back.

So when someone says "Happy Birthday" you say it back!

Eki
21st August 2011, 12:44
My birthday is not long after Christmas and when someone says "Merry Christmas" you say it back.

Are you Jesus?

BDunnell
21st August 2011, 13:08

I'm very pleased it's not just me, then!