PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton 300 Idea...

MAX_THRUST
6th August 2011, 20:45
Maybe a daft idea, but the Snetterton 300 race should be a 299 mile race of 100 laps. Obviously with pit stops. Points would be awarded as 1st 3 race wins equivilant and so on for the rest, tripple points for your possition. Would be a change from the regular format of the rest of the season and would make this race a little bit more special. Not quite the Indy 500 or the Daytona 500 or Monaco, but it could become the big event of the season other than the last race of the season. The only downside it would be a 3Hour and 20 minute race without yellows.

Am I mad for thinking this would be a good idea? Hard on the drivers, cars and tyres would require refueling pit stops as well.

What do you guys think?

VkmSpouge
6th August 2011, 21:24
It would be interesting to see touring cars do an endurance race but it would need a really big grid to keep things entertaining, plus probably driver changes as well.

MAX_THRUST
7th August 2011, 00:48
I'm thinking regular drivers share one car ie Sheddon, Neal - existine team mates, and then guest drivers share the other cars. Tim Harvey Ben Colins and all the other guys that could if not racing somewhere else could do it. Qualify with your starting race fuel so you can go light to get pole but have to pit early, which would mix up the grid. The only problem I see are adverts in the race....

Dave B
7th August 2011, 10:42
Nice idea but Alan Gow thinks touring car fans have the attention spans of wasps and can only handle watching short sprints with plenty of crashes. A tactical endurance race would apparently be too complicated for us.

Mark
7th August 2011, 11:24
In the likes of Aussie V8s they have a different race format at each meeting. Sometimes a long race with stops, sometimes sprint races.

Allyc85
7th August 2011, 11:35
An enduro was discussed a couple years ago but it decided that the extra costs involved in adding suitable parts was too much for the smaller teams for a one off race. Im pretty sure I read that Jamie Whincup was being lined up to be part of the 888 team if the event had gone ahead.

Eurotech
12th August 2011, 22:19
I like the Idea... If 100 laps is too long then how about make it just 3 hours like the old FIA GT races were...

wedge
7th January 2012, 16:25
Not even a 1hr race? Add the some Clios in there as well! I can only dream...

X51IJQ3aYQY

nIbQjtsJqms

0Vtegjow4EE

Tixy54
11th February 2012, 14:49
Maybe a daft idea, but the Snetterton 300 race should be a 299 mile race of 100 laps. Obviously with pit stops. Points would be awarded as 1st 3 race wins equivilant and so on for the rest, tripple points for your possition. Would be a change from the regular format of the rest of the season and would make this race a little bit more special. Not quite the Indy 500 or the Daytona 500 or Monaco, but it could become the big event of the season other than the last race of the season. The only downside it would be a 3Hour and 20 minute race without yellows.

Am I mad for thinking this would be a good idea? Hard on the drivers, cars and tyres would require refueling pit stops as well.

What do you guys think?

What about an endurance race on the Rockingham Motor Speedway, that way it goes fully amercan style, 6 litre engines all built to the same spec and profile - hang on that's ASCAR

MAX_THRUST
11th February 2012, 16:59
I'd love to see them race on the oval, for a two hundred mile race, that would be awesome. I used to go to Rockingham eveery month for the ASCARS, even got to Gentleman start your engines. Did it properly to. I lived not far from Brands but would go and watch Touring cars at the Rock instead. GReat viewing at the track, facilities and decent parking. Miss those days of thunder.

Tixy54
12th April 2012, 13:50
I'd love to see them race on the oval, for a two hundred mile race, that would be awesome. I used to go to Rockingham eveery month for the ASCARS, even got to Gentleman start your engines. Did it properly to. I lived not far from Brands but would go and watch Touring cars at the Rock instead. GReat viewing at the track, facilities and decent parking. Miss those days of thunder.

I miss those days of thunder also, bring back ASCAR and pick-up racing at "The Rock".