PDA

View Full Version : Martin Brundle said that 7 drivers will be out at the end of this season

CNR
6th August 2011, 01:36
Martin Brundle said that 7 drivers will be out at the end of this season who will they be ?

Safe
Sebastian Vettel
Lewis Hamilton
Fernando Alonso
Jenson Button
Felipe Massa
Nico Rosberg
Kamui Kobayashi
Sergio Perez

Should be safe
Mark Webber
Michael Schumacher
Vitaly Petrov
Sebastien Buemi or Jaime Alguersuari
Daniel Ricciardo
Rubens Barrichello
Paul di Resta
Timo Glock
Heikki Kovalainen

May go
Jerome d'Ambrosio
Jarno Trulli
Pastor Maldonado
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Adrian Sutil
Nick Heidfeld
Karun Chandhok
Narain Karthikeyan
Sebastien Buemi
Jaime Alguersuari
Robert Kubica
Nico Hulkenberg

keysersoze
6th August 2011, 04:40
Unless the well has dried up, I would think Maldonado's sponsorship would help keep him in F1.

Sutil has upped his game of late and should stick around.

Quick Nick may not make it to the end of the season. I expect Grosjean and Senna to start sharing the Renault seat sooner rather than later.

zako85
6th August 2011, 04:43
Not entirely surprising list to anyone who reads through entire race results, not just the top 10.. not surprising, except for Maldonado. There had been already an indication from Williams they will stay with their current drivers for 2012. It'd be sad to see that Kubica's F1 career has already ended, but anything is still possible.

markabilly
6th August 2011, 16:38
ask not for whom the bell tolls...............

SGWilko
6th August 2011, 18:59
ask not for whom the bell tolls...............

Esmerelda?

Kevincal
7th August 2011, 06:06
Schumi should retire for good. Rubens should have retired 5 years ago. d'ambrosio has not impressed. Trulli should retire. chandhok be gone. bye narain. poor kubica i doubt will be back in f1 any time soon. theres my 7

steveaki13
7th August 2011, 09:00
The seven drivers I think may or should go:

Buemi: Hasn't ever impressed to a great extent, has had some good drivers but seems on course for a dead end.
Alguersuari: Same as Buemi, he is young and should have improved more than he has.
D'Ambrosio: Has struggled and in a poor car may just fade away like Di Grassi.
Barrichello: Will finally get fed up with Williams and not getting a higher drive these days will make him retire.
Maldonado: Williams are all for shaking up the team, and may move Maldonado along if his money disapears.
Liuzzi: May seasons in F1 and no real direction in his career except down, I think he may miss out next season.
Sutil: Alot of years at Force India and if they dispose of his services then he may not get a drive else where.

Stuartf12007
7th August 2011, 09:08
Hulkenberg should replace Massa as Massa is no longer quick enough

Hawkmoon
7th August 2011, 12:47
Are we talking out of their current seats or out of F1 completely? If it's completely then 7 guys is 30% of the grid and I doubt that will happen.

Who's on the hotseat?:

Heidfeld: simply too slow. Renault seem to think their car is faster than their drivers are driving it and Heidfeld doesn't have Petrov's backing.

Buemi: ditto. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has given STR's lack of patience with drivers. Just ask Speed, Liuzzi and Bordais what it's like to drive for Mr Marko.

Sutil: he may have upped his game last race but he's been out-paced by a rookie all year and if Force India don't lose DiResta then the German's days are numbered.

Alguersuari: not as shaky as his teammate but still under pressure. Has responded to the pressure placed upon him mid-season which has to count for something. His security could depend on how Ricciardo does in the HRT.

Trulli: Lotus figured Chandhok was worth a shot over the Italian. If Trulli doesn't walk he'll get pushed.

D'Ambrosio: why is he in F1?

Liuzzi: this will depend on how Ricciardo goes. If the lad continues to improve and is consistently ahead of Liuzzi by season's end I can't see the Italian retaining his seat without a serious amount of cash behind him.

zako85
7th August 2011, 23:31
Heidfeld: simply too slow. Renault seem to think their car is faster than their drivers are driving it and Heidfeld doesn't have Petrov's backing.

It seems like 2011 performances of Heidfeld and Petrov are more or less well matched. They have roughly the same point count. Both showed an energetic start with back to back podium finishes during the first races. The following races, both cars have been steadily losing their pace it seems. Heidfeld's performance may be considered disappointing only in the light of a usual expectation that a more experienced driver should be leading a relative rookie. In my view, Renault cars are just slow, point, relatively speaking. The car probably hasn't improved much and rest of midfield has caught up with them. Beating Mercedes GP seems like a pipe dream now, and some other teams, such as Sauber, may yet be able to catch up with them by the end of year. The team it seems is going slowly downhill without its engine-provider's official backing.

ifacompare
8th August 2011, 18:27
Think Karun Chandhok is safe the sponsors in India will keep him in the sport.
Only have to see what happened the other week when Trulli had to give his seat up. Money controlling F1 again

steveaki13
9th August 2011, 20:47
I see Chandok hanging around as long as there is an Indian F1 race.

In realality I can't see 7 current drivers being dropped for next season. Maybe 3.

Buemi and D'Ambrosio dropped

and Barrichello calls it quits.

DexDexter
10th August 2011, 19:09
I don't see why Maldonado should be axed, he's had quite promising results in qualifying in the last few races. In fact Rubens is far more likely to go since he's losing to his not so highly rated teammate.

Garry Walker
10th August 2011, 19:13
Hulkenberg should replace Massa as Massa is no longer quick enoughAnd nico would be quick enough? Remember, this guy was getting clearly beaten by Rubens all along last year. Just because he took one lucky pole position, people are now hyping him up so much.
Maldonado has done better against rubens than nico did.

Renault`s problem is not the drivers. I doubt Kubica would do much better than those two have.

steveaki13
11th August 2011, 08:23
I think Kubica would have scored a few more points over the season than Heidfeld or Petrov, but I agree that the main probelm has been that Renault had a decent car early in the season but just have not developed it.