PDA

View Full Version : Much noise over nothing, or how to start a storm in a tea cup

ioan
29th July 2011, 22:19
F1 engine manufacturers are affraid that Gilles Simon moving from FIA to PURE will give the later an adavantage.

Engine makers seek PURE guarantees after Gilles Simon's FIA exit - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93499)

I wonder how much secrets Gilles Simon can take with him from the F1 manufacturers designs for the new V6 turbo engines when the rules for the new engine spec have not even been fully clarified and published.
Will he tell them that the others are planning to build turbocharged V6s?!

Are they expecting him to forget how an engine works?!

People in F1 are paranoiac and ridiculous, that's sure.

RS
2nd August 2011, 14:36
I quite agree. It would be different if they had stuck with the four cylinder engines and development was already well under way, but they have not.

ArrowsFA1
2nd August 2011, 15:04
It's understandable that the engine manufacturers are concerned but you can't prevent people from moving to a different team, or keep them in "quarantine" until they forget all they've learned :p

The Black Knight
2nd August 2011, 15:23
Bit ridiculous but certainly more warranting of attention than Lewis Hamilton :D

ioan
2nd August 2011, 17:19
And the soap opera continues:

Pollock says Gilles Simon situation a matter for the FIA to solve - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93605)

Any of them would have poached him with a big grin on their face, now that someone else did it they are showing the hypocrisy that runs so deep in F1.
So he talked to people in charge of the engine development, and he is aware of the rules, like everyone else I suppose, but then again I am rather sure that 6 weeks after the V6 engine has been decided on they didn't send him any conclusive details about their engines and he won't be able to leave office with all their plans anyway as there is a thing called Intellectual Property.

The Renault guys are worse than stupid after all what would be the interest for the FIA to put Gilles SImon on gardening leave?!

Anyway nice to see the lot squeal a bit and show their ugly sides. :D

Retro Formula 1
3rd August 2011, 10:28
It's an interesting question. Simon has had legitimate specific inside knowledge to all the current engine manufacturers.

I agree that it's unreasonable for Simon to not be able to follow a career but PURE is not exactly a competitor but seems to being formed as a standardised FIA engine company isn't it? If that's the case, the privileged knowledge amassed from the other manufacturers might be seen to being used by the FIA against them.