PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

Daniel
27th July 2011, 20:49
p92QfWOw88I

What do people think? I kinda like it but I'm not really sure. I kind of think that 7 is good and a keyboard and mouse are better than touch when it comes to a big screen.

Daniel
27th July 2011, 20:53
Satan's spawn is in the making.

:D

Meant to mention, the UI is very similar to my WP7 device, which is fantastic on a touch device but I'm just not sure how great it'll be with a keyboard and a mouse.

Andrewmcm
30th July 2011, 11:13
As discussed on another thread here, the move to touch-based interfaces for desktop devices is a bit silly. The screen is at the wrong angle to use consistently with a touch interface, and would quickly lead to lots of cases of RSI.

I must admit that I don't know a lot about Windows 8. My only current exposure to Windows 7 is on a Boot Camp partition on my iMac for games playing, so I don't currently think that I will need Windows 8. As usual though, if I find it suits my needs better in the future then I will switch back to PCs and Windows.

4th August 2011, 07:30
Nice post and video too.

Daniel
6th August 2011, 00:13
As discussed on another thread here, the move to touch-based interfaces for desktop devices is a bit silly. The screen is at the wrong angle to use consistently with a touch interface, and would quickly lead to lots of cases of RSI.

I must admit that I don't know a lot about Windows 8. My only current exposure to Windows 7 is on a Boot Camp partition on my iMac for games playing, so I don't currently think that I will need Windows 8. As usual though, if I find it suits my needs better in the future then I will switch back to PCs and Windows.

I tend to agree. I will certainly be beta testing it though to see what it's like :)

ifacompare
8th August 2011, 18:47
It my be but we'll buy it because it work's out of the box unlike Linux

Mark
8th August 2011, 20:17
Is that because Linux doesn't come in a box?

Jag_Warrior
9th August 2011, 20:26

That's the absolute best attitude to have, IMO. People get too married to operating systems, rather than just choosing what best suits their needs.

I'm with you on touch interfaces on non-mobile devices. I'd much rather use a mouse or touchpad, unless it's on a tablet or phone size device. So it'll be interesting to see where Microsoft plans on going with this idea.