PDA

View Full Version : Barmy Army

Retro Formula 1
25th July 2011, 17:40
One nil up against the mighty Indians.

Bring on Trent Bridge :D

steveaki13
25th July 2011, 22:21
Listened to all 5 days on TMS, it was a great Test Match, one of the best Ive watched/listened too.

I just hope the next 3 are this good, and we can win by the clesr two and get to number 1 in the world rankings.

Retro Formula 1
26th July 2011, 17:40
It was a great match. A few too many dropped chances but a win all the same.

Rollo
29th July 2011, 14:36
85/5 on the Opening day at Trent Bridge. I think Lord Halifax must be at the ground. England has sort of underestimated India at their own peril.
If the First Test was anything to go by, then all it will take to repair this mess will be one decent knock from someone.

I think we can definitely say that this is a result wicket though.

Retro Formula 1
29th July 2011, 16:59
I think within 4 days as well. The ball is moving around all over the shop. Up to 200/9 now but that was a struggle.

Can't wait to see how our bowlers fare. Even medium paced bowlers are getting bounce now :s hock:

Retro Formula 1
29th July 2011, 17:52
221 all out in the end and it looks like a very good total. India 6/1 and looking all at sea.

steveaki13
29th July 2011, 20:16
Looks as though this wicket is going to offer alot to our fast bowlers depending on conditions.

That ball that got Swann out was crazy, no one would be able to play that.

Great knock from Broad with help from Swann. Gave us a score that keeps us in the game.

And if our bowlers get some action from this pitch it could be a low scoring 3 or 4 day game.

Rollo
31st July 2011, 21:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwjMwVW2LjY
Bell and Morgan begin to leave the field thinking that it's the end of the session and the bails are removed.

BBC Sport - TMS - The Ian Bell 'run out' controversy against India (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/14358677.stm)
This is six minutes if audio that might suggest that cricket is still sort of a game of gentlemen.

steveaki13
31st July 2011, 22:36
That was really a bizzare moment, and although he was technically out, I think the right and sporting decision was made by the Indians.

well done them.

Retro Formula 1
1st August 2011, 11:38
Maximum respect for retracting the appeal. Great Sportsmanship.

steveaki13
1st August 2011, 21:22
I know India under a bit under strength with out Gambhir, Kahn & Sehwag however so were we with Trott and Swann injured, but it was still an impressive display by us today, we have looked much better than the number 1 team so far.

Also the biggest challenge would be to beat them in India on their flat high scoring pitches, but you can only play the currant game and we are looking the best.

Roll on Edgbaston.

Retro Formula 1
5th August 2011, 14:52
India just look like they are expecting to be beaten. The Trent Bridge thrashing will leave some scars. Will it spark India up a bit or crush their spirit?

555-04Q2
5th August 2011, 15:30
The South African B side.....apologies.....the English are looking unstoppable at the moment!!!

CaptainRaiden
6th August 2011, 02:48
I know India under a bit under strength with out Gambhir, Kahn & Sehwag however so were we with Trott and Swann injured, but it was still an impressive display by us today, we have looked much better than the number 1 team so far.

TBH Gambhir, Sehwag and Zaheer hold much more importance and are much more integral to India's attack than Trott and Swan are for England. We can do with replacing a middle order batsman and a spinner, but can't replace the explosive opening duo of Sehwag and Gambhir, and the bowling attack of Zaheer. Those three are game changers, and their absence has hurt India the most, apart from Dhoni's sub-par captaincy and him and Sachin being out of form batting. This is a crap tournament for India.

Rollo
13th August 2011, 16:28
India have been ripped to pieces. This was a touring side which looked too bored to care and they've just been thumped.
England are No1. for the first time since rankings began.

Retro Formula 1
14th August 2011, 20:05
At one point I was going to call the police as they were being murdered!!

Mighty display by England. I don't think any number 1 team has been so thoroughly decimated.

steveaki13
14th August 2011, 20:34
Oh well lets hope its 4-0 and we can maybe test ourselfs abit in the one dayers.

I think India are more suited to One Day so maybe not so much of a white wash.

harsha
16th August 2011, 09:39
well , atleast we now know how it was to be a pom supporter....

steveaki13
16th August 2011, 20:30
well , atleast we now know how it was to be a pom supporter....

Yep, this is how we have felt for many years.

Don't worry we will be back there before we know it.

Retro Formula 1
22nd August 2011, 15:21
Well, it's 274-8 with India looking more likely to win the Lottery, TWICE, than winning this test. The only question is whether they can avoid losing by over an innings again. 17 runs to make to avoid that embarrassment .

What has happened to India? Apart from Dravid, they have looked hopeless with the bat.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd August 2011, 15:28
275 - 9

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd August 2011, 15:42
Engand win by an innings and 8 runs. And win the series 4-0.

India collapse, only scoring 21 runs for the last 7 wickets! :eek:

Rollo
22nd August 2011, 16:04
Already I fear a "lost generation". This side could probably play together cohesively until 2017 which means a lot of county players who will be overlooked.
4-0 and Number One is all good bu part of me wants to go a bit Lord Halifax and say "Careful Now".

WHITEWASH!!!

Aside: The cult of the batsman is now so insane in India that they may have lost the capacity to take 20 wickets and thereby win a match.

Knock-on
1st September 2011, 12:16
T-20 game was a lot closer than it should have been. Was Morgan caught cleanly? Would love a close up.

Still, good start for the 5 ODI's

:D

steveaki13
11th September 2011, 09:03
3 games into the one dayers and we are 2-0 up, so a win today and we have another series win. What a summer its been. make the most of it won't last long knowing England. :p

Knock-on
12th September 2011, 11:45
Blimey, what a farce that one dayer was. It ended in a draw but seemed more bout gamesmanship surrounding the Lewis Duckworth total than finishing a cricket game.

If they had just got on with it, we could have finished the overs instead of a draw nd perhaps India might have won.

CaptainRaiden
25th October 2011, 17:44
Revenge is SO sweet! :D

5-0. :D

Amazing what a difference the home turf makes. :D

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2011/content/current/story/537853.html

Rollo
25th October 2011, 22:30
Revenge is SO sweet! :D
5-0. :D
Amazing what a difference the home turf makes. :D

How many batsmen from the Test Series weren't playing in this ODI series from both sides? Rahul Dravid on the BBC said it was like watching two B-teams play.

Fair play to India though, who bounced back after a terrible overseas tour.

CaptainRaiden
26th October 2011, 06:47
How many batsmen from the Test Series weren't playing in this ODI series from both sides? Rahul Dravid on the BBC said it was like watching two B-teams play.

Fair play to India though, who bounced back after a terrible overseas tour.

I guess India's B-team is better then. :D

Both teams were at a disadvantage from the start, and IMO India at a bigger one, there was no Sachin, Sehwag or Zaheer, the three biggest players, but in the end the youngsters pulled through fine.

England just folded amazingly. I have rarely seen such a huge dip in a team's form from just a few months ago, especially when many of the good players were playing, i.e. Cook, Bell, Trott, Swann and Bresnan. Or probably just India figured what they were doing wrong and got better.

Knock-on
26th October 2011, 12:15
India played a storming ODI series. Fair play to them.

Storm
5th November 2011, 05:54
I watched cricket keenly after almost 4 years and it was one of the worst series ever for India. That 4-0 hammering in England put me off cricket again + giving me bp. (I was never into T20 and one-day is just about ok in small doses). Only a good showing in Australia in the winter might do something to remedy that.

Rollo
10th November 2011, 12:56
South Africa have been bowled out of 96 by Australia :eek: there was one section where 6 wickets fell for 10 runs.

I suppose that's what you get for not playing Test Cricket for 10 months and then playing a young-ish squad.

Rollo
10th November 2011, 21:59
Australia in their 2nd dig got bowled out for 47 :eek:

At one stage they were 21/9 and looking down the barrel of the lowest Test total in history but thanks to a 10th wicket partnership which accounted for more than half the runs, they still posted a shambolic total but not a record setting shambolic total.

Dave Warner came on the ABC this morning and said that his 148 for NSW was better than TWO TEST SIDES and he still isn't being considered for Test selection.

Knock-on
11th November 2011, 10:33
Amazing Test. What the hell was happening out there?

SA in their 2nd innings make it look a doddle with 2 centuries and a very comfortable 8 wicket victory.

Did someone switch the wicket or something?