PDA

View Full Version : Importer Teams

prpr
17th July 2011, 17:49
How many official importers/distributors actually operate their own teams in the IRC or elsewhere?

The Peugeot UK and Peugeot Benelux cars are run by Kronos Racing, Peugeot Poland use Romo Motorsport Technik, some of the Peugeot France cars are looked after by PH Sport, Juka Motorsport prepares the Skoda Auto Deutschland Fabias and so on.

Are the Skoda Rallye Team Italia and Skoda UK Motorsport cars prepared by the Italian Skoda distributor or is the work done by an outside team?

What about Bruno Malgalhaes' 'Peugeot Portugal' 206, is this really looked after by staff from the Portugese Peugeot importer?

Are there any other national distributor operated teams?

mousti
17th July 2011, 22:29
Skoda UK don't think that's under the Skoda Italia banner anymore they have their own truck etc. Is that still Skoda Italia or Skoda Motorsport or got they a own team now?

Francis44
17th July 2011, 22:46
If im not mistaken, Peugeot Sport Portugal is a completely independent team, supported by portuguese Peugeot importers and all the team (mechanics, etc....) are portuguese.

Francis44
17th July 2011, 22:47
Basically they hired the top mechanics in Portugal as far as I know, although at the time they attended their 207 construction in France to know how the car is and how to mount it.

pucky54
17th July 2011, 23:08
Skoda UK don't think that's under the Skoda Italia banner anymore they have their own truck etc. Is that still Skoda Italia or Skoda Motorsport or got they a own team now?

Its still Skoda Italia, you could clearly see that at Ypres f.e.

mousti
18th July 2011, 16:15
I didn't see Skoda Italia on the Truck maybe license place was Italian?

Mirek
18th July 2011, 18:25
AFAIK this year the car is works one but is still run by Italians.

pucky54
18th July 2011, 18:55
I didn't see Skoda Italia on the Truck maybe license place was Italian?

Almost all the staff is Italian. So just UK labels, to get a bit less confusion :D :D But there was already no Skoda Italia on the truck last season with Wilks

AFAIK this year the car is works one but is still run by Italians.

correct

mousti
18th July 2011, 21:12
Almost all the staff is Italian. So just UK labels, to get a bit less confusion :D :D But there was already no Skoda Italia on the truck last season with Wilks

correct
When I visited service park saw only one guy so I can't notice his italian :D and last year I can't know because he was then injured for Ypres. But good to know.

RICARDO75
20th July 2011, 11:33
When I visited service park saw only one guy so I can't notice his italian :D and last year I can't know because he was then injured for Ypres. But good to know.

On Azores they where italians.

[Madeira-Rally]
20th July 2011, 12:58
On Azores they where italians.

AFAIK Skoda Italia is the old Aimont Racing... I mean.. the same structure and mechanics, etc...