PDA

View Full Version : Kyle B. 26 yrs old, 100 career wins

NickFalzone
17th July 2011, 01:02
Granted, he hasn't won a championship in Cup, but 100 career wins is really damn impressive, particularly if you include him tying Mark Martin for most wins ever in Nwide. People say he may not have the emotional stability of a Jimmie Johnson to rack up the Cup championships, but regardless he is a legend in his own time.

00steven
17th July 2011, 02:36
He is only 26, the championships will come. 100 is really impressive in my opinion.

Jared East
17th July 2011, 05:01
I like how NASCAR pulled a red bull maintain the gap on Harvick to help Kyle get the win.

00steven
17th July 2011, 11:33
I like how NASCAR pulled a red bull maintain the gap on Harvick to help Kyle get the win.

Yep, looks they rigged it for Kyle allright. :rolleyes:

Lee Roy
17th July 2011, 13:26
Kyle is an amazing talent.

call_me_andrew
17th July 2011, 21:17
Actually it's 101 wins. He won a K&N Pro Series East race in 2009.

slorydn1
18th July 2011, 21:43
Actually it's 101 wins. He won a K&N Pro Series East race in 2009.

Nope, it's 100...K&N Pro Series EAST is not a national touring series, it's regional (I would have thought the word East in the title would have been a dead give away, but.....) :rolleyes:

Jonesi
18th July 2011, 23:02
NASCAR should NOT start a combined list until they go back and fix the errors in the current wins list; 85 wins for Bobby Allison, 33 wins for Fireball Roberts, 28 for Rex White, etc.

00steven
18th July 2011, 23:28
NASCAR should NOT start a combined list until they go back and fix the errors in the current wins list; 85 wins for Bobby Allison, 33 wins for Fireball Roberts, 28 for Rex White, etc.

Well we are talking about Kyle Busch, not everyone else. If you want to talk about those things, then go start your own thread.

Mark in Oshawa
19th July 2011, 17:32
100 career wins, all the talent in the world...and he still works at coming off like a jerk....

Why oh why do we have these dichotomies?

harvick#1
20th July 2011, 03:56
Well toyota money basically gave such a leg up in the nationwide series. There's nothing to prove in the nationwide. It's a double negative for NASCAR, they claim the cup drivers bring in the audience, yet tracks are empty at the races, and I for one will never bother watching the nationwide until they ban cup drivers from racing. I missed the older days when pikes peak, Nazareth, Milwaukee, where stand alone events and the replacement drivers put on a better show because they have something to prove, until Kyle gets 50 cup wins and a championship, he has still only 1 major win out of those 100.

00steven
20th July 2011, 04:04
Well toyota money basically gave such a leg up in the nationwide series. There's nothing to prove in the nationwide. It's a double negative for NASCAR, they claim the cup drivers bring in the audience, yet tracks are empty at the races, and I for one will never bother watching the nationwide until they ban cup drivers from racing. I missed the older days when pikes peak, Nazareth, Milwaukee, where stand alone events and the replacement drivers put on a better show because they have something to prove, until Kyle gets 50 cup wins and a championship, he has still only 1 major win out of those 100.

Oh, boo-hoo. Give me a break! Like chevy doesn't give enough support for their drivers. And I'm pretty sure Kyle has beat your boy Harv more times in Cup and Nationwide. What's your excuse for that?

harvick#1
20th July 2011, 04:38
I have bigger things to worry about and to not obsess over a driver that will never give me a penny for my support. It doesnt matter how many times a driver has been beaten by another, Harv has won the daytona 500, brickyard 400, coke 600. There will never be a driver who will 100% beat a specific driver week in-week out

Don't let my screen name fool you, I look at NASCAR as non-biased opinion. I hope you act that way also and quit suckin up and thinking Kyle is the greastest ever race car driver, because in all honesty. Vettel is 24 and he's a world f1 champion and on pace for being a double world champ. And he's younger than Kyle remember

00steven
20th July 2011, 05:51
I have bigger things to worry about and to not obsess over a driver that will never give me a penny for my support. It doesnt matter how many times a driver has been beaten by another, Harv has won the daytona 500, brickyard 400, coke 600. There will never be a driver who will 100% beat a specific driver week in-week out

Don't let my screen name fool you, I look at NASCAR as non-biased opinion. I hope you act that way also and quit suckin up and thinking Kyle is the greastest ever race car driver, because in all honesty. Vettel is 24 and he's a world f1 champion and on pace for being a double world champ. And he's younger than Kyle remember

Are you seriously comparing F1 to NASCAR? And no, I don't think Kyle is the best driver ever, I think that title belongs to Senna or Foyt (depending on ones viewpoint).

It's not about "suckin" up to Kyle as it is stating the truth, Kyle HAS won more races. This thread was supposed to be about the amazing accomplishment that has been achieved by a 26 year old who, admittedly, I admire his talent level.

And if you have better things to worry about, why do you come to this forum? I come to discuss my love of auto racing with people who care just as much as I do.

harvick#1
20th July 2011, 14:24
I love auto racing, I used to be a big fan of NASCAR until I started branching out to other racing series. What I was trying to say that it's pointless to obsess a driver when there are bigger things in life, I joined this forum when I was 16-17, and NASCAR for me was the best at that time, and I was like you but did keep an un-biased opinion about my favorite driver. when Brian France took over it's been on a serious downhill trend with all the manipulated finishes these days. I still watch the races from time. I'm here because I can be here and I don't need to justify why I'm here, if you followed my screen name, you'll also notice I'm in just about most of the other racing threads on this forum, not just NASCAR.

00steven
20th July 2011, 15:26
Clearly there are more important things in life. Family, friends, worrying about the current state of the economy (especially here in Michigan). But, I come here to let loose and talk about my love of Indycar, NASCAR, and other forms of racing.

Mark in Oshawa
20th July 2011, 19:29
Kyle is a great driver, but not the greatest driver. He has done a lot since going to JGR, and having Toyota's full support but I don't recall him being any great shakes at Hendrick. He was good, not great there. So a lot of it can be circumstance, and the fact he runs more NW and Truck races than anyone aside from Harvick. He is a talent, no doubt, but a greater talent? I would suggest Jimmie Johnson still is the man, and the rest of the NASCAR world haven't matched him......

I say THAT as someone who has never cheered for the 48. I don't HATE him, but I don't cheer for him either. AS for Kyle, I root against him because it is clear when it comes to the niceties of sportsmanship and class, he sometimes forgets how fortunate he is. Cheer away for him if you like, but I respect guys who carry themselves with a bit of class.....

NickFalzone
21st July 2011, 00:40
I have to say that Kyle has been a bit more genial this year with the press, and I've heard that generally he's great with the fans. I realize that he has come off as a jerk both on and off the track on numerous occasions, but I wouldn't say that he's any worse than at least 5-10 other well-known loudmouths in the garage. And unlike some of these guys, as a general rule he backs up what he says.

tstran17_88
30th July 2011, 04:12
I have to say that Kyle has been a bit more genial this year with the press, and I've heard that generally he's great with the fans.I'd say give it time...both Stewart & Harvick have been real sweethearts at times, but eventually they fall off the wagon. :)