PDA

View Full Version : Mia's wish coming true ?

Bagwan
12th July 2011, 19:29
Rumours are starting to flow about Mark leaving town on a bicycle , whilst waving to a Finn in a Red Bull rally car on his way into town .

Mia 01
12th July 2011, 20:04
Thanks Bagwan for the info!

Yes, after a check, the rumour is flowing. Perhaps RBR need a solid Nr 2 driver, I mean ask Massa about 2008.

Mia 01
12th July 2011, 20:32
A link. But ofcourse, it must be bull.
FORMULA ONE - F1: Raikkonen To Replace Webber At Red Bull? (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-kimi-raikkonen-to-replace-mark-webber-at-red-bull/)

SGWilko
12th July 2011, 20:38
This rumour has been doing the rounds since about Wednesday last week!! :eek:

I hope its true to a certain extent. At least it'll mean Lewis won't be sat in a Red Bull for 2012. :)

To be honest if Vettel struggled with Webber during 2010 when both were on form, I dread to think what it'l be like if Kimi comes back and finds his form? Far fetched after 2 years out but at least he's been driving in a sport where reactions are key.

Best get stocked up on the screwballs and nobbly bobbly's then!

Roamy
12th July 2011, 20:41
probably just positioning as I heard vetted has a escape to ferrari. Although webber may be toast - don't count on Kimi taking any team orders.

Mia 01
12th July 2011, 21:32
Wouldn't that be amusing?
Imagine Vettel tucked up in Maranello with Alonso, Hamilton moving to Red Bull with Kimi as teammate and Webber and Button at McLaren? Haha :s pin: :roll:

I would like hammy as kimis teammate but I prefer seb. OK I´m dreaming now.

Bagwan
12th July 2011, 23:11
probably just positioning as I heard vetted has a escape to ferrari. Although webber may be toast - don't count on Kimi taking any team orders.

Kimi has played the support role as well as the supported role in his career .

No problem , li'l cowpoke . I think he'd fit pretty well .
It'd be the young one you'd have to worry about .

He's smart enough to know Newey is behind him , and , as any clever escape clauser knows , you only use it if it looks bad down the road .

Now , use an escape clause to better your financial situation in your current position I can see . The old "I'm leaving with my trophy if you don't gimme more" gambit seems a more likely scenario to me .

Hawkmoon
13th July 2011, 05:31
Raikkonen's no more likely to play second fiddle to Vettel than Webber is. Sure, Kimi supported Massa in 2008 but by then Raikkonen's title chances were over. I can't see him sitting back and not challenging Vettel any more than Webber did.

And what if the '07 Raikkonen turns up and not the '09 one? Vettel is likely to spit the dummy so I can't see Red Bull wanting to upset the golden child.

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 08:18
Rumours are starting to flow about Mark leaving town on a bicycle , whilst waving to a Finn in a Red Bull rally car on his way into town .

I really doubt there is any truth to this rumour but in F1 you never know.

I hope it isn't true. When Raikkonen chose to leave F1 I was happy. He is such a bore and he is very overrated and inconsistent from year to year. He couldn't beat Massa the year after he won the WDC ffs. F1 has been a far better place without him. I hope he stays away.

SGWilko
13th July 2011, 08:59
F1 has been a far better place without him. I hope he stays away.

What??? I miss the deadpan throw away one liners about toilet habits.......... :laugh:

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 09:01
Yeah, Alonso hasn't won every race this year so he must be crap too lol.
Lets ignore all the circumstances and focus on the final standings, its better than looking at things in perspective I suppose. Simplicity is the way forward.

It's pretty simple really. Massa made him look like a beginner in 2008. Poor form from Raikkonen, that's why Ferrari bought out his contract. Felipe was beating him in 2009 before his accident too. He simply wasn't good enough.

SGWilko
13th July 2011, 09:06
It's pretty simple really. Massa made him look like a beginner in 2008. Poor form from Raikkonen, that's why Ferrari bought out his contract. Felipe was beating him in 2009 before his accident too. He simply wasn't good enough.

The conspiracy theorist in me suggests that maybe, just maybe, Kimi's form was 'engineered' to justify Alonso's rapid fitment into the Ferrari, and the eye watering sums of money that were required to facilitate such a move.....

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 09:17
The conspiracy theorist in me suggests that maybe, just maybe, Kimi's form was 'engineered' to justify Alonso's rapid fitment into the Ferrari, and the eye watering sums of money that were required to facilitate such a move.....

Ferrari to sabotage one of their own drivers after he won them a WDC?

Doubtful to the Nth degree.

SGWilko
13th July 2011, 09:20
Ferrari to sabotage one of their own drivers after he won them a WDC?

Doubtful to the Nth degree.

But errrrrrrr, ahem, [tongue in cheek mode on for some on here] didn't McLaren do that to Alonso?[/tongue in cheek mode on for some on here] :rotflmao:

CaptainRaiden
13th July 2011, 09:25
I really doubt there is any truth to this rumour but in F1 you never know.

I hope it isn't true. When Raikkonen chose to leave F1 I was happy. He is such a bore and he is very overrated and inconsistent from year to year. He couldn't beat Massa the year after he won the WDC ffs. F1 has been a far better place without him. I hope he stays away.

I don't understand why people look for colorful personalities in F1 drivers. Are you a female? Do you want to marry them? Their job is to be fast on the track, which Kimi did perfectly on his day or when he wanted to. He won the title for Ferrari in his first year for them FFS. Not everyone is a Schumacher, i.e. borrowing Liberace's wardrobe and punting people off track and then denying it point blank for your entertainment. There are certain drivers or sportsmen who don't chase numbers, ex. how many grand prix have I won, how many championships have I won etc. Kimi lost interest after he achieved his ultimate goal, that was it. F1 is poorer without him IMO, because when he wants to, he is a top tier driver and that's what F1 needs, regardless if he fails to stimulate people with his interviews.

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 09:26
But errrrrrrr, ahem, [tongue in cheek mode on for some on here] didn't McLaren do that to Alonso?[/tongue in cheek mode on for some on here] :rotflmao:

Ahaha... I won't even answer that with a dignify :p

SGWilko
13th July 2011, 09:29
Ahaha... I won't even answer that with a dignify :p

No answer required - theory and sarcasm my friend, theory and sarcasm. :)

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 09:32
I don't understand why people look for colorful personalities in F1 drivers. Are you a female? Do you want to marry them? Their job is to be fast on the track, which Kimi did perfectly on his day or when he wanted to. He won the title for Ferrari in his first year for them FFS. Not everyone is a Schumacher, i.e. borrowing Liberace's wardrobe and punting people off track and then denying it point blank for your entertainment. There are certain drivers or sportsmen who don't chase numbers, ex. how many grand prix have I won, how many championships have I won etc. Kimi lost interest after he achieved his ultimate goal, that was it. F1 is poorer without him IMO, because when he wants to, he is a top tier driver and that's what F1 needs, regardless if he fails to stimulate people with his interviews.

Well there you go. You used it twice in that post. When he wants to. That's the problem with Kimi. If I were a team boss I'd expect him to always want to win. I wouldn't be interested in having them in my team otherwise. If you don't have that drive to always win you shouldn't be in F1 as far as I'm concerned. No one is doubting that on his day Kimi has the speed, but he is too inconsistent to be regarded as a top, top driver as far as I'm concerned and it would be a mistake for RBR to bring him to their team.

On the interview note, as a fan I expect drivers to talk about their race and give their opinions on what happened and be willing to interract with the media. It's in his contract to do it so he should do it. If he can't he doesn't deserve to be getting paid absurd amounts of money.

CaptainRaiden
13th July 2011, 09:44
Well there you go. You used it twice in that post. When he wants to. That's the problem with Kimi. If I were a team boss I'd expect him to always want to win. I wouldn't be interested in having them in my team otherwise. If you don't have that drive to always win you shouldn't be in F1 as far as I'm concerned. No one is doubting that on his day Kimi has the speed, but he is too inconsistent to be regarded as a top, top driver as far as I'm concerned and it would be a mistake for RBR to bring him to their team.

Frankly you're not a team boss, so let the real team boss worry about whether or not to get him on the team. You're an F1 enthusiast, and Kimi is an exciting driver to watch on track, simple. Mclaren engineers that worked with Kimi have often talked about just how brilliant he was, and that in fact some of his best races were when he didn't even win. This story was in a Top Gear magazine or Autocar, can't be bothered to dig it up. And like I said before, not all drivers are statistic whores, there are some who don't care about stats, they just enjoy driving and fighting for victories, and if they have a car capable, can be unbeatable on their day. There is a reason why Mclaren wanted to get Kimi back, a reason why Renault were interested in him, and why Christian Horner, a very intelligent team boss I'd say, could be interested in him again. If they're confident they'd have a world beater car, nothing better than having two top tier drivers in your team.

On the interview note, as a fan I expect drivers to talk about their race and give their opinions on what happened and be willing to interract with the media. It's in his contract to do it so he should do it. If he can't he doesn't deserve to be getting paid absurd amounts of money.

Why, but he does, he does all of that. He talks about his race and gives his opinion. You're just annoyed that what he says, doesn't entertain you. To be honest, I find Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel to be painfully boring during their interviews as well, but yet people like them. In fact, Kimi's "I was having a $hit" quote was more entertaining than Schumacher's last 10 years of interviews. The only two interesting ones these days are Hamilton and Webber, because you always know they might say something scandalous. But that is not a factor with me liking those drivers. I like Lewis because of what he does on the track, not what he says afterwards.

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 10:01
Frankly you're not a team boss, so let the real team boss worry about whether or not to get him on the team. You're an F1 enthusiast, and Kimi is an exciting driver to watch on track, simple. Mclaren engineers that worked with Kimi have often talked about just how brilliant he was, and that in fact some of his best races were when he didn't even win. This story was in a Top Gear magazine or Autocar, can't be bothered to dig it up. And like I said before, not all drivers are statistic whores, there are some who don't care about stats, they just enjoy driving and fighting for victories, and if they have a car capable, can be unbeatable on their day. There is a reason why Mclaren wanted to get Kimi back, a reason why Renault were interested in him, and why Christian Horner, a very intelligent team boss I'd say, could be interested in him again. If they're confident they'd have a world beater car, nothing better than having two top tier drivers in your team.

Frankly, I can worry about and express my opinion on whatever I want. Also, I have a personal relationship with one of the team bosses on the grid and I do know what he looks for in a driver and I doubt very much he would have Kimi on his team. Kimi is inconsistent. You said it yourself. There is no doubting that on his day Kimi is one of the fastest and exciting on track in the world but if he's not willing to show that speed consistently, like he wasn't at Ferrari in his last two years, then what's the point in having him there? I'll be very surprised if Kimi makes his way into F1 through RBR next year. But as I said already, tis F1 and it's unpredictable. Personally, I feel his reason for lack of speed at Ferrari was just lack of interest. He didn't care anymore. I'm not sure why any team boss would want to take a risk on a driver that doesn't have passion for the sport.

Why, but he does, he does all of that. He talks about his race and gives his opinion. You're just annoyed that what he says, doesn't entertain you. To be honest, I find Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel to be painfully boring during their interviews as well, but yet people like them. In fact, Kimi's "I was having a $hit" quote was more entertaining than Schumacher's last 10 years of interviews. The only two interesting ones these days are Hamilton and Webber, because you always know they might say something scandalous. But that is not a factor with me liking those drivers. I like Lewis because of what he does on the track, not what he says afterwards.

Indeed, I too laughed at that interview with Kimi. It was one of the few times I didn't want to smash his face in as soon as he opened his boring mouth. My main issue with Kimi isn't his press personality though, that's just a little part of it. My main issue is his not using the talent he had on track, but as you say, choosing when he used it, and he getting paid over a million per race to do so. To be a great driver you need to be on the cuff, day in and day out and before Kimi left McLaren I had great admiration for him. It's when he went to Ferrari and got lazy and slow that I really felt he should call it quits on F1. No point driving around a track if you're not interested in winning.

CaptainRaiden
13th July 2011, 10:19
Frankly, I can worry about and express my opinion on whatever I want. Also, I have a personal relationship with one of the team bosses on the grid and I do know what he looks for in a driver and I doubt very much he would have Kimi on his team. Kimi is inconsistent. You said it yourself. There is no doubting that on his day Kimi is one of the fastest and exciting on track in the world but if he's not willing to show that speed consistently, like he wasn't at Ferrari in his last two years, then what's the point in having him there? I'll be very surprised if Kimi makes his way into F1 through RBR next year. But as I said already, tis F1 and it's unpredictable. Personally, I feel his reason for lack of speed at Ferrari was just lack of interest. He didn't care anymore. I'm not sure why any team boss would want to take a risk on a driver that doesn't have passion for the sport.

Because with drivers like Kimi, who are not statistic whores or bothered with cementing their place as the greatest ever or the most successful ever, the motivation and passion comes with having a fast car. To be frank, no driver really likes to have a bad car and struggle to win. This is why Alonso and Lewis have thrown their toys out of the pram whenever they had a bad car, why Alonso left Renault to come to Mclaren, and why Lewis MIGHT be having talks with Horner to come to Red Bull. Kimi was dominating the first half of the season in 2008, after which he had problems in two races, and two retirements if I remember, which can be pretty demoralizing. Also, the 2008 car suited Massa's style more than Kimi's. Don't forget that when on his game, he came in a team Massa was already part of, and won the championship in his first year. That kind of talent is probably what attracts a team boss. Like Ron Dennis once said, it's the team's job to give Kimi the best car possible, and his job is only to drive it to its limit, and he does that bloody good.

Indeed, I too laughed at that interview with Kimi. It was one of the few times I didn't want to smash his face in as soon as he opened his boring mouth. My main issue with Kimi isn't his press personality though, that's just a little part of it. My main issue is his not using the talent he had on track, but as you say, choosing when he used it, and he getting paid over a million per race to do so. To be a great driver you need to be on the cuff, day in and day out and before Kimi left McLaren I had great admiration for him. It's when he went to Ferrari and got lazy and slow that I really felt he should call it quits on F1. No point driving around a track if you're not interested in winning.

Like I said before, how he conducts himself in the press is irrelevant. F1 drivers are paid to drive, not to be interesting conservationists. So, the people that are bothered by boring drivers, should go watch some redneck destruction derby or something. And Kimi was on the cuff day in and day out in 2009 as well, up until he had his nice one year Santander sponsored paid vacation. He had 4 podiums and 1 victory in 2009, in what was probably the 4th fastest car on the grid. Remember that victory at Spa?? That's not a driver who was lazy. And that's probably why Red Bull has been interested in him since the last 3 years. Kimi is considered, and will always be considered a top tier driver by people in the know. You can build consistency, but natural talent is rare.

SGWilko
13th July 2011, 10:26
Question is, with Daniel Ricciardo being shoe horned into the HRT, are RB getting him race fit for one of their cars? Would he be the likely Webber replacement should he leave?

SGWilko
13th July 2011, 10:26
:eek: :eek: I go out jogging with Michael Schumacher on Thursday mornings..

Does he cut you up on the corners? :p

CaptainRaiden
13th July 2011, 10:33

Or elbow and punt him off to somebody's lawn if being overtaken. :p

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 10:35
Because with drivers like Kimi, who are not statistic whores or bothered with cementing their place as the greatest ever or the most successful ever, the motivation and passion comes with having a fast car. To be frank, no driver really likes to have a bad car and struggle to win. This is why Alonso and Lewis have thrown their toys out of the pram whenever they had a bad car, why Alonso left Renault to come to Mclaren, and why Lewis MIGHT be having talks with Horner to come to Red Bull. Kimi was dominating the first half of the season in 2008, after which he had problems in two races, and two retirements if I remember, which can be pretty demoralizing. Also, the 2008 car suited Massa's style more than Kimi's. Don't forget that when on his game, he came in a team Massa was already part of, and won the championship in his first year. That kind of talent is probably what attracts a team boss. Like Ron Dennis once said, it's the team's job to give Kimi the best car possible, and his job is only to drive it to its limit, and he does that bloody good.

Like I said before, how he conducts himself in the press is irrelevant. F1 drivers are paid to drive, not to be interesting conservationists. So, the people that are bothered by boring drivers, should go watch some redneck destruction derby or something. And Kimi was on the cuff day in and day out in 2009 as well, up until he had his nice one year Santander sponsored paid vacation. He had 4 podiums and 1 victory in 2009, in what was probably the 4th fastest car on the grid. Remember that victory at Spa?? That's not a driver who was lazy. And that's probably why Red Bull has been interested in him since the last 3 years. Kimi is considered, and will always be considered a top tier driver by people in the know. You can build consistency, but natural talent is rare.

I think you're missing my point. You're only repeating what I've already said. It's his consistency is his downfall. He is not consistent. Yes, he can build consistency if he want. That's up to him. He has the speed on his day but on his day isn't good enough. He needs to be consistent all the time to be a really great driver. Bags of natural talent and no consistency is a pretty useless combination.

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 10:39
:eek: :eek: I go out jogging with Michael Schumacher on Thursday mornings.. I've told you my secret, what team boss do you know? Don't do the old forum thing of "I can't tell you, but I know someone close in the paddock...." because people won't take you seriously.

If I wanted to say then I'd have said it straight out who it was. I met a lot of people in my karting career that are now in F1. If people take me seriously or not I don't care. They need not take me seriously when I am in Nurburgring in two weeks either while sit at home in their armchairs. It bothers me not.

CaptainRaiden
13th July 2011, 10:43
I think you're missing my point. You're only repeating what I've already said. It's his consistency is his downfall. He is not consistent. Yes, he can build consistency if he want. That's up to him. He has the speed on his day but on his day isn't good enough. He needs to be consistent all the time to be a really great driver. Bags of natural talent and no consistency is a pretty useless combination.

He is a pretty solid and consistent driver too from what I remember. You don't become a runner up twice and one time champion without consistency. He fought nail and tooth in his Mclaren years with what was a mediocre and highly unreliable car. His consistency is marred by mostly DNFs because of car failures. Up until 2007 he was considered to be in the same league as Stirling Moss to be one of the greatest ever not to win a title. His only inconsistent year was 2008, and that too in the latter half, he was dominating the first half. 2009 was a bad year with a crap car. There is no solid evidence to suggest that if he comes back, him in that Red Bull can't become world beaters.

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 11:02
He is a pretty solid and consistent driver too from what I remember. You don't become a runner up twice and one time champion without consistency. He fought nail and tooth in his Mclaren years with what was a mediocre and highly unreliable car. His consistency is marred by mostly DNFs because of car failures. Up until 2007 he was considered to be in the same league as Stirling Moss to be one of the greatest ever not to win a title. His only inconsistent year was 2008, and that too in the latter half, he was dominating the first half. 2009 was a bad year with a crap car. There is no solid evidence to suggest that if he comes back, him in that Red Bull can't become world beaters.

Well, to be fair now, he won the title in 2007 but he hardly lit up the track, in the first part of the season especially, did he? He was brilliant in the second half. In 2008 I don't remember him being consistent at all really. I never really remember him having that raw pace in Ferrari that he used to have at McLaren. I don't begrudge him the 2007 title because I felt he deserved the 2003 title and Hamilton was the driver that deserved the 2007 title in my opinion. That's neither here nor there though. 2008 and 2009 he was inconsistent. Yes, in Spa 09 he was brilliant and towards the end of 09 he seemed to be regaining some of his old flare but my point is he should never have lost it.

You can make excuses about "motivation coming from having a fast car" but the best drivers ever have gone about their business consistently with 100% commitment from the beginning of their careers to the end no matter what car they are given. The drivers that don't do that are simply not and will never be all time greats because of their inconsistency.

CaptainRaiden
13th July 2011, 11:18
Well, to be fair now, he won the title in 2007 but he hardly lit up the track, in the first part of the season especially, did he? He was brilliant in the second half. In 2008 I don't remember him being consistent at all really. I never really remember him having that raw pace in Ferrari that he used to have at McLaren. I don't begrudge him the 2007 title because I felt he deserved the 2003 title and Hamilton was the driver that deserved the 2007 title in my opinion. That's neither here nor there though. 2008 and 2009 he was inconsistent. Yes, in Spa 09 he was brilliant and towards the end of 09 he seemed to be regaining some of his old flare but my point is he should never have lost it.

You can make excuses about "motivation coming from having a fast car" but the best drivers ever have gone about their business consistently with 100% commitment from the beginning of their careers to the end no matter what car they are given. The drivers that don't do that are simply not and will never be all time greats because of their inconsistency.

Ugh, this is just going in circles now. Kimi is already considered one of the best drivers, and like I said before, he's a different character than other statistic whores. After winning his championship his heart was in rallying, and he made it very clear. I like these kind of free will drivers, and I don't measure one's greatness by how many poles, championships or races they have won. I'll be happy if Kimi comes back, I'll just leave it at that. This forum is right now too glitchy and I've got way too much work to be bothering with Kimi haters. :p

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 11:20
Ugh, this is just going in circles now. Kimi is already considered one of the best drivers, and like I said before, he's a different character than other statistic whores. After winning his championship his heart was in rallying, and he made it very clear. I like these kind of free will drivers, and I don't measure one's greatness by how many poles, championships or races they have won. I'll be happy if Kimi comes back, I'll just leave it at that. This forum is right now too glitchy and I've got way too much work to be bothering with Kimi haters. :p

;)

I don't hate Kimi at all. I simply don't believe anyone with his attitude deserves to be in a top team. That's my opinion. I also have to get to work ;)

Dave B
13th July 2011, 11:37
@f1Enigma
Marko to TZ : Kimi Räikkönen is and wont be for us a case. He wont race for RBR. Those rumors are grabbed from the hair and are stupid

Dave B
13th July 2011, 11:38
@f1Enigma
Marko to TZ : Kimi Räikkönen is and wont be for us a case. He wont race for RBR. Those rumors are grabbed from the hair and are stupid

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 11:46
@f1Enigma

Indeed. I would reckon RBR have more sense than taking on board a driver like Kimi when there are far better drivers out there.

Mia 01
13th July 2011, 12:30
Indeed. I would reckon RBR have more sense than taking on board a driver like Kimi when there are far better drivers out there.

Far better, interesting!

ArrowsFA1
13th July 2011, 12:58
Poor old Kimi. He's become the next JV (Jacques and Jos) of F1 :p

Rumours of a return were always around the two JV's. The next big deal was just around the corner. Talks were going on. Just a matter of time.

Let's wait and see shall we :s mokin:

F1boat
13th July 2011, 14:52

I agree, but you know, this rumor was never serious. ;) Kimi Raikkonen does not want F1. F1 does not want Kimi Raikkonen. It's simple as that.

F1boat
13th July 2011, 14:55

I agree, but you know, this rumor was never serious. ;) Kimi Raikkonen does not want F1. F1 does not want Kimi Raikkonen. It's simple as that.

ioan
13th July 2011, 18:58
Not going to happen.

The Black Knight
13th July 2011, 19:09
Not so much on the corners but he did shoulder barge me nearly into a wall last week which seemed abit brutal but apparently he didn't realise I was there and assumed I was simply following him at the time. :p

I'm sure it doesn't bother you but I just wouldn't have mentioned it to be honest. You had no intention of proving it and the likely outcome is people don't believe you and think its just a classic way of trying to add weight to your arguement. I just found it hard to believe that a team principle would open up to you on subjects that are very sensitive and topics the media would kill for thats all. Anyway its all gravy.. :)

Now now, where did I say he opened up to me about sensitive topics? :) I have known him a longtime and we have simply spoken about the qualities he looks for in a driver and I don't believe Kimi meets them but we have spoken about other drivers on the grid. I can't remember a specific discussion on Kimi though.

henners88
13th July 2011, 19:54

If I wanted to say then I'd have said it straight out who it was. I met a lot of people in my karting career that are now in F1. If people take me seriously or not I don't care. They need not take me seriously when I am in Nurburgring in two weeks either while sit at home in their armchairs. It bothers me not.
Fair enough :)

steveaki13
13th July 2011, 21:46
I don't think we will ever see Kimi in F1 again.

He was one of those drivers who I could never decide on, he had some brilliant races and was faster than anyone else when his head and his car were with him, and yet alot of the time he was just dis interested.

Some moments thrilled me, i.e
Spa Quali in er....? 2002 when he charged into the plume of smoke.
Europe 2005, when he pushed his car with the damaged tyre bravely to the end.
Japan 2005, his win well need i say more
Championship comeback in 2007 to win it and many more.

And yet the other races he seemed to just take up a seat.

On the whole I will remember him as a great and fast driver, but never as one of the greats.

Only my opinion.

The Black Knight
14th July 2011, 09:11
I don't think we will ever see Kimi in F1 again.

He was one of those drivers who I could never decide on, he had some brilliant races and was faster than anyone else when his head and his car were with him, and yet alot of the time he was just dis interested.

Some moments thrilled me, i.e
Spa Quali in er....? 2002 when he charged into the plume of smoke.
Europe 2005, when he pushed his car with the damaged tyre bravely to the end.
Japan 2005, his win well need i say more
Championship comeback in 2007 to win it and many more.

And yet the other races he seemed to just take up a seat.

On the whole I will remember him as a great and fast driver, but never as one of the greats.

Only my opinion.

That's pretty much my opinion of him as well. Always too inconsitent. But on his day he was unstoppable. It's a shame he was so inconsistent because he could have been regarded as an all time great had he the motivation.

Sonic
14th July 2011, 09:25
Not going to happen.

Truth.

I've said it before, and no doubt say it again; Kimi reminds me of Jody Scheckter, or James Hunt. Title all wrapped up, ambition achieved - walk away from the sport soon after. I doubt we'll ever see him in an F1 race again, although he may test and discover the fire has not returned.

Koz
14th July 2011, 10:33
Frankly, I can worry about and express my opinion on whatever I want. Also, I have a personal relationship with one of the team bosses on the grid and I do know what he looks for in a driver and I doubt very much he would have Kimi on his team.

Wow, someone claimed something on the interewbs and refuses to back it up. I'm so impressed.

I've been to Space, and I've traveled back in time!!

Why are you discussing F1 on this forum with a bunch of amateur fans when you know people who are in F1 professionally? To tell us how awesome you are?

SGWilko
14th July 2011, 10:47
and I've traveled back in time!!

You've been to Croydon too? ;)

The Black Knight
14th July 2011, 10:47
Wow, someone claimed something on the interewbs and refuses to back it up. I'm so impressed.

I've been to Space, and I've traveled back in time!!

Why are you discussing F1 on this forum with a bunch of amateur fans when you know people who are in F1 professionally? To tell us how awesome you are?

Pretty much :s mokin: hehe

Nah, I came onto the forum because I like discussing F1. It is my passion and sometimes people on message boards can have a very unique and interesting perspective :) And I'm quite enjoying this forum so far. To be honest, I didn't expect such a reaction from mentioning that I knew people on the grid. Then again, I'm new to message boards so how would I. I think it's better off I don't mention it again :)

Carry on ;)

Mia 01
14th July 2011, 11:49
It such a vaste, quitting not 30 years old. As one of his fans I´m a tad angry at him but I respect his decision.

Somewhere down the line he will regret this and comeback, I´m surtain. I would like him to drive for Williams.

The Black Knight
14th July 2011, 11:50
It such a vaste, quitting not 30 years old. As one of his fans I´m a tad angry at him but I respect his decision.

Somewhere down the line he will regret this and comeback, I´m surtain. I would like him to drive for Williams.

Why Williams? He would be resigned to the back of the grid...

Retro Formula 1
14th July 2011, 12:18
Will he come back? I doubt he has the talent to trouble a top team or the enthusiasm and skill to bring to the lower ones.

Naw, I think he's done.