PDA

View Full Version : How is schumacher's accident a stop go and hamilton's not even investigated?

vhatever
10th July 2011, 22:39
Schumacher only just brushed into the guy he hit. Clealry he misjudged it. He was already penalized by having to get a new nose. Hamilton knew full well what he was doing and turned right into the body of Mass's car. Not surprising this is the "british" grand prix though, since these same scumbags at silverstone changed the track specifically so redbull lost half a second on every pit stop and none of the other teams.

Dave B
10th July 2011, 22:53
Yes... that's why Silverstone was changed.

Now go and have a lie down. The medication needs time to work.

steveaki13
10th July 2011, 23:07
Yes... that's why Silverstone was changed.

Now go and have a lie down. The medication needs time to work.

I think they are planning to make the track layout anti Red next year so the Ferrari's can't win either. Then it must be a home Mclaren win.

Not another bitter, twisted point of view.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th July 2011, 23:15
According to one of the stewards:

'The responsibility usually lies with the driver behind and the closing speed of Michael into Kobayashi was much greater. As a result Schumacher wasn't in control.'

'In the other incidents the drivers were either side by side or one wheel just infront of the other. They turned into the corner together but just didn't quite give enough room to each other, so it was classed as a racing incident.'

The stewards have much greater access to video, footage, and telemetry than we do watching on TV.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th July 2011, 23:16
Schumacher only just brushed into the guy he hit. Clealry he misjudged it. He was already penalized by having to get a new nose. Hamilton knew full well what he was doing and turned right into the body of Mass's car. Not surprising this is the "british" grand prix though, since these same scumbags at silverstone changed the track specifically so redbull lost half a second on every pit stop and none of the other teams.

Red Bull is the only team that is allowed to choose where it has its pit garage, you wolly :p

tfp
10th July 2011, 23:20

'The responsibility usually lies with the driver behind and the closing speed of Michael into Kobayashi was much greater. As a result Schumacher wasn't in control.'

'In the other incidents the drivers were either side by side or one wheel just infront of the other. They turned into the corner together but just didn't quite give enough room to each other, so it was classed as a racing incident.'

The stewards have much greater access to video, footage, and telemetry than we do watching on TV.

:up: A racing incident, I agree(But then I would wouldn't I, I'm british:-) for once I think hamiltons aggressive style payed off.
Although, the 10 second thing for the shoe was a bit rough, I know it was because the pitlane is shorter than others, but they should have set a slower speed limit imo.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 00:01
Red Bull is the only team that is allowed to choose where it has its pit garage, you wolly :p

No they don't choose. Winner of last year gets closest track position.

ioan
11th July 2011, 00:08

I wonder how is that Di Resta got a penalty if the other were classed as racing incidents?!
Another steward who has no clue about what happened during the race. :laugh:

ioan
11th July 2011, 00:09
No they don't choose. Winner of last year gets closest track position.

AFAIK the champion team chooses at which end of the pit they want their boxes located.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th July 2011, 00:18
I wonder how is that Di Resta got a penalty if the other were classed as racing incidents?!
Another steward who has no clue about what happened during the race. :laugh:

Did di Resta get a penalty? I don't recall?

AFAIK the champion team chooses at which end of the pit they want their boxes located.

Correct.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 00:40
They must have changed it at some point, then, cause I remember them not choosing before. And they would even force people to change order at smaller facilities because some teams needed more space. Anyway, if they do choose, when do they?

markabilly
11th July 2011, 03:09

'In the other

Then having all the access makes them even bigger idiots plus some.

No one had to do a stop and go on past penalties for incidents that were far worse than this.

What a bunch of prejudiced crap from those who have yet to forget how the Shoe stuck it down DC's and Damon Hill's throat, repeatedly.

markabilly
11th July 2011, 03:12
and then hamilton, who once again shoves his car into another car, gets off without an investigation.

That proves it all.

Whatever.

How many races this year does that make for lewie crunching into others???

Huh

F1boat
11th July 2011, 06:28
Michael is a German. Lewis is British. This was the British GP. Simple as that.

The Black Knight
11th July 2011, 09:18

Congratulations on the singularly most retarded statement I ever read.

The Schumacher penalty was harsh for sure but the incidents in question are completely different and it should be clearly obvious why. Schumacher made a mistake, Hammy or Massa did not.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 09:58
Then having all the access makes them even bigger idiots plus some.

No one had to do a stop and go on past penalties for incidents that were far worse than this.

What a bunch of prejudiced crap from those who have yet to forget how the Shoe stuck it down DC's and Damon Hill's throat, repeatedly.

Pay attention Pike....

If a simple drive through was served, MS would benefit to the tune of 2 seconds, such is the amount of track by-passed wen travelling through the pits, so, Charlie Farlie announced that, as a result, stop-go panalties were warranted.

Stupid boy!

;)

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 10:00
Has anyone else noticed that we had 3 new members to the F1 forum yesterday and they have all joined whilst being angry at the last lap clash? No hello's, just straight in. Old friends maybe?

Can we have a quick rendition of Auld Lang Syne for these 'Johnny Come Lately's'?

Retro Formula 1
11th July 2011, 10:19
Has anyone else noticed that we had 3 new members to the F1 forum yesterday and they have all joined whilst being angry at the last lap clash? No hello's, just straight in. Old friends maybe?

When you see someone come in with 2 posts and be "right on the pace", then I think it's a fair assumption but 3 new members :s hock: ;)

Retro Formula 1
11th July 2011, 10:20
Can we have a quick rendition of Auld Lang Syne for these 'Johnny Come Lately's'?

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know whennnnnnn.....

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 10:25
"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know whennnnnnn.....

A one, a two, a one two three four....

People you meet, they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

:D

Retro Formula 1
11th July 2011, 10:45
A one, a two, a one two three four....

People you meet, they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

:D

"Here she comes, just a walking down the street singing do-dah diddy-diddy tam-diddy poo"

tfp
11th July 2011, 11:21
Pffft Hahahahaaaa!

tfp
11th July 2011, 11:22
how about some of this;
YouTube - ‪Lindisfarne - Fog on the Tyne‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF5xVnTo8gs)

markabilly
11th July 2011, 13:31
Pay attention Pike....

If a simple drive through was served, MS would benefit to the tune of 2 seconds, such is the amount of track by-passed wen travelling through the pits, so, Charlie Farlie announced that, as a result, stop-go panalties were warranted.

Stupid boy!

;)

Hahaha

for one who worries over spelling, panalty??

Sweetie pie, truth hurts don't it

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 13:34
Hahaha

for one who worries over spelling, panalty??

Sweetie pie, truth hurts don't it

wots rong wiv me seplilng?

Darling.....

markabilly
11th July 2011, 13:40
be nice, bagwan is trying to choose between your brain and the last copy of NOTW....and he appears to be going for quality and value, which would be the NOTW

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 13:42
be nice, bagwan is trying to choose between your brain and the last copy of NOTW....and he appears to be going for quality and value, which would be the NOTW

Brian, as in 'the Life of?

Ooopps, there goes that speeling again.......

ArrowsFA1
11th July 2011, 13:46
How is schumacher's accident a stop go and hamilton's not even investigated?
It was investigated.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 14:00
Congratulations on the singularly most retarded statement I ever read.

The Schumacher penalty was harsh for sure but the incidents in question are completely different and it should be clearly obvious why. Schumacher made a mistake, Hammy or Massa did not.

You are the moron.

Red Bull pushes FIA for pit speed limit change | Adam Cooper's F1 Blog (http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/07/08/red-bull-pushes-fia-for-pit-speed-limit-change/)

Schumacher made a mistake of inches, Hmailton made a mistake of meters, and schumacher was already punished with the nose, so did need to be "repunishe". Hamilton was rewarded with 4 place. On all accounts the "british" grand prix has been a complete joke.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 14:03
You are the moron.

That's polite. Dragged up proper was we?

As to the subject of the link - my advice to Seb would be 'don't take the corner at full speed then if you think you might not make it'

The Black Knight
11th July 2011, 14:12
You are the moron.

Red Bull pushes FIA for pit speed limit change | Adam Cooper's F1 Blog (http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/07/08/red-bull-pushes-fia-for-pit-speed-limit-change/)

Eh, no, you even believing such rubbish as what was written in that column speaks volumes about you alone so, as it stands, I think I can leave this conversation here.

giorus
11th July 2011, 14:16

If you were counting me in:
+ not an old friend
+ hi! excuse my manners
+ not angry. simply enquiring.

as an aside: i seem to remember the mclaren being criticised last year for being to prone to breakdown following any contacts and usually having the worst. Too structurally weak, some said. Unfortunately -for others- they seem to have rectified this. I may be wrong, but despite numerous episodes of contacts, only a mclaren vs mclaren this year forced one off.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 14:51
If you were counting me in:
+ not an old friend
+ hi! excuse my manners
+ not angry. simply enquiring.

as an aside: i seem to remember the mclaren being criticised last year for being to prone to breakdown following any contacts and usually having the worst. Too structurally weak, some said. Unfortunately -for others- they seem to have rectified this. I may be wrong, but despite numerous episodes of contacts, only a mclaren vs mclaren this year forced one off.

Depends on the contact I guess. Weight is everything, so nothing is heavier or chunkier than it has to be.

bigunn
11th July 2011, 15:01

I think Mcclaren has accumulated more infractions then any other team.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 15:04

Didn't they do well? Is there a cup for this acheivement at all do you think?

A big hearty welcome to the forum BTW bigunn? Don't know Incontinentia at all do you? ;)

bigunn
11th July 2011, 15:12
Didn't they do well? Is there a cup for this acheivement at all do you think?

A big hearty welcome to the forum BTW bigunn? Don't know Incontinentia at all do you? ;)

thanks for the welcome :D " Incontinentia" not in my dictionary :dozey:

ArrowsFA1
11th July 2011, 15:15
Formula*1 Penalties - Viva F1 (http://www.vivaf1.com/penalties.php)

bigunn
11th July 2011, 15:21
Thanks Looks like Hammy is the leader

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 15:22
Thanks Looks like Hammy is the leader

If a job's worth doing........

anthonyvop
11th July 2011, 17:28
Michael is a German. Lewis is British. This was the British GP. Simple as that.

Ding, Ding, Ding.......We have a winner.

Plus add in the Fact that Nigel Mansell was invited steward I was suppressed that Massa wasn't penalized for having the Audacity to actually get close to Hamilton.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 17:33

What does that have to do with anything related to the british GP? Hamilton could have got a penalty for swerving back in forth in front of vettel to prevent a pass, and then another for his bumper cars with massa.

And where did someone say they saw the crash was investigated? I watched the BBC feed live and latr watched the race again on FOX. Neither mentioned this.

donKey jote
11th July 2011, 18:01
" Incontinentia" not in my dictionary :dozey:

where's your brian? ... she's your missus, dickunn ! ;)

Mifune
11th July 2011, 18:18

Because you have an axe to grind maybe?

To be honest I can't fault the quality of this thread, its par for the course in this place these days.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 19:27

Welease Wosberg......

vhatever
11th July 2011, 19:28
Hamilton did not swerve infront of Vettel at all!!!??? The swerving was done by Vettel and we could see this from his onboard footage. Hamilton moved into the middle of the track and then took the racing line into Copse which is not in the least bit illegal. You claim beggars belief to be quite honest and it seems you are attempting to mislead people with such a false claim.

You mean swerving your car back and forth isn't "really" swerving? Ya, I'm sure he was just warming his tires up. And the person trying to pass can make as many moves as they want.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 19:31
You mean swerving your car back and forth isn't swercing? Ya, I'm sure he was just warming his tires up. And the person trying to pass can make as many moves as they want.

You claim to have seen the race, and a replay.

Look up moneysaving expert dot com and see if they are running some specsaver vouchers - you should go. ;)

vhatever
11th July 2011, 20:00
Where did Hamilton swerve back and forth? Vettel swerved as he is entitled to but Hamilton made one defensive move and then regained the racing line as he approached the corner. Nothing wrong with that I'm afraid. Next.. ;)

Every time vettel had DRS up he did. Swerve his car back and forth like he was warming up his tires. Welcome to the British grand prix.

Mia 01
11th July 2011, 20:01
Well, this was one of hamiltons fairest races of the year so far, but, that thing with massa, he steered into him and then retook his line, it still troubles me a tad.

Could be a racing incident on one of the stewards good days. At Silverstone.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 20:06
Well, this was one of hamiltons fairest races of the year so far, but, that thing with massa, he steered into him and then retook his line, it still troubles me a tad.

Could be a racing incident on one of the stewards good days. At Silverstone.

I would tend to agree, if only it weren't for how they ruled on schumacher's situation. They set a precedent, they need to follow it. But this is the same place where schumacher got black flagged for pulling up next to Damon Hill(?) during the parade lap, which isn't even part of the race.

SGWilko
11th July 2011, 20:10
Every time vettel had DRS up he did. Swerve his car back and forth like he was warming up his tires. Welcome to the British grand prix.

Oh, I get it. Wha you describe is de-fen-ding.

If he was swerving, it'd been jumped on quicker than a mobile phone in Fleet Street.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 20:15
Oh, I get it. Wha you describe is de-fen-ding.

If he was swerving, it'd been jumped on quicker than a mobile phone in Fleet Street.

No, swerving. Technically he violated the rules, as you can say changing the racing line is any alteration of the current path you are on, and those swerves do have a minor but real change to that path.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 20:54
The rules state you can make one defensive move to defend your position. You are also allowed to regain the racing line when approaching a corner. It would have been a different story had Vettel been alongside during the corner but he wasn't and nothing was done against the rules. Considering how much FOM TV concentrated on Lewis and his race, you'd think if anything was untoward, then it would have been investigated as a monority of fans have claimed to have seen something many millions have missed. Thankfully we didn't have imbeciles with no racing experience sitting on the panel.

The great thing about this is the fact Ferrari got their first win of the season and Fernando drove superbly. But people don't want to talk about that. Once again Lewis is the topic on everyones lips with his tasty driving and awesome last corner battle with Felipe. Most of that is thanks to you guys. Keeping up his popularity and desirability and topping up his brand.. Cheers.. :beer:

I'm not surprised no one wants to talk about alonso as the FIA had to cheat for Ferrari to get him on top the podium. And moving off your current line = "a defensive move". Like I said, technically his swerving could qualify.

vhatever
11th July 2011, 21:08
What happens if there had been a car behind Vettel? Surely if he attempted to overtake Hamilton .

Well, he probably would have been black flagged at the british GP.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th July 2011, 21:24
CLearly Alonso was at an unfair advantage this weekend.

He got two extra laps in that old Ferrari on race day!!! :mad:

woody2goody
11th July 2011, 23:28
Surely it should have been a drive-through regardless of pit-lane length. That is the opposite of being consistent as far as I'm concerned.

Be it 12 seconds or 20 seconds of time loss surely Schumi would have still lost a few positions. He didn't exactly get away scot-free after damaging his front wing.

Dave B
12th July 2011, 09:47
Surely it should have been a drive-through regardless of pit-lane length. That is the opposite of being consistent as far as I'm concerned.

Be it 12 seconds or 20 seconds of time loss surely Schumi would have still lost a few positions. He didn't exactly get away scot-free after damaging his front wing.
A straight drive through would have given him an advantage, not a loss.

CaptainRaiden
12th July 2011, 10:00
What does that have to do with anything related to the british GP? Hamilton could have got a penalty for swerving back in forth in front of vettel to prevent a pass, and then another for his bumper cars with massa.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/arch/src/130980902319.jpg

Retro Formula 1
12th July 2011, 11:28

I think we all know your feelings on the British GP and it's idiotic spectators but can you provide some evidence of this swerving? I saw the overhead camera and only saw Seb swerving left and right. Can you back up your claims?

SGWilko
12th July 2011, 11:34
Whats this issue you seem to have by highlighting the word 'British'?
I sincerely hope it isn't some kind of nationalistic BS based on nothing other than a few bitter chips on ones shoulder. Its all well accusing bias at a national event but the only person bringing anything like that to the arguement is you. Lets not start getting ironic now.

His love of the British Grand Prix influences his taste in music - he likes anything by Chuck A Can.......... ;)

vhatever
12th July 2011, 16:02
Schumacher got black flagged for pulling up next to damon hill on the parade lap at the british grand pprix and they had to completely invent a rule he broke,

SGWilko
12th July 2011, 16:14
Schumacher got black flagged for pulling up next to damon hill on the parade lap at the British Grand Prix and they had to completely invent a rule he broke,

If that is your interpretation of the incident, what do you class as blatantly passing on the warm up lap?

bigunn
12th July 2011, 16:19

brain :eek:

SGWilko
12th July 2011, 16:22
brain :eek:

Intentional Freudian slip. Not a Python fan I imagine then......?

steveaki13
12th July 2011, 22:40
Intentional Freudian slip. Not a Python fan I imagine then......?

He's obviously not the massire, he's a very naughty boy.

tfp
13th July 2011, 00:42
He's obviously not the massire, he's a very naughty boy.

*Messiah*

Now I'm just being arkward arent I :D ?
I've got nothing better to do than correct peoples spelling mistakes :)
I always preferred the holy grail anyway ;)
Oh, yes. The shoe's drive through...