PDA

View Full Version : All News Stories On Hold!

schmenke
7th July 2011, 14:12
'cause William and Kate are in town :dozey:

555-04Q2
7th July 2011, 15:00
It sucks man :down:

We got the Prince of Monaco and his new Seth Efrican bride staying here in Umhlanga. Half the roads have been closed off around the venue they are at for security measures :( Pathetic. Self important little pr!cks :down:

schmenke
7th July 2011, 15:15
We have people that have queued since 3:00am just to get a glimpse of the couple, then cry when the see them. I really don't understand that mentality, and find it a tad disturbing TBH :s .

The local news media have been reporting on nothing but the "Royal Visit" for the last few days, commenting on everything from the couple's expected venues to what they will be wearing, to what they will be eating, etc.

Meanwhile, there is crisis in Greece and bombs dropping on Lybia (I think that's still going on :rolleyes: ).

Rudy Tamasz
7th July 2011, 15:31
Have you seen the headlines: "Princess engaged"
Three millions out of work
But that's on the second page

Deep Purple

555-04Q2
7th July 2011, 15:34
We have people that have queued since 3:00am just to get a glimpse of the couple, then cry when the see them. I really don't understand that mentality, and find it a tad disturbing TBH :s

I can relate. I scream, yell, cheer, jeer and cry whenever I see myself in the mirror :p :

CaptainRaiden
8th July 2011, 11:55
We have people that have queued since 3:00am just to get a glimpse of the couple, then cry when the see them. I really don't understand that mentality, and find it a tad disturbing TBH :s .

I don't get the fuss either. If the prince of my own country was getting married, even then I wouldn't really give a flying rat's a$$ to be honest, so I simply fail to comprehend why people from other countries are so concerned. They ran marathons on news channels around the world during the wedding. Oh well, these last few months must have been really slow news days for them.

GridGirl
8th July 2011, 12:16
Schmenke, you should be lucky that they are only visiting you. :p They've left the UK and we are still getting a full blow by blow account of what they are doing as well as full fashion updates on a daily basis. They are coming back to us so the endless merry-go-round of tabloid drivel will continue here long after you've forgotten about them.

Mark
8th July 2011, 12:31
It's only the phone hacking that's stopping them being the entire news here!

Dave B
8th July 2011, 13:43
Hooray for Murdoch! :p

Jag_Warrior
8th July 2011, 22:14
Oh goodie... now they're HERE! :bounce: Well, as long as Lindsey Lohan doesn't steal any more jewelry while high on crack and Totmom doesn't kill any (more) babies, the lovable royal duo should get some of that fine American press that we're all so proud of (just shoot me now!).

CarlMetro
9th July 2011, 08:21
It's only the phone hacking that's stopping them being the entire news here!

Not if you're the Daily Mail.