PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone memories: First lap crash at the 1973 British Grand Prix

Tiago Vaz Osório
5th July 2011, 15:38
Original live footage of the first lap crash at the 1973 British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Raymond Baxter commentates as Jody Scheckter loses it coming out of Woodcote and takes half the field with him.

Check here the video: Silverstone memories: First lap crash at the 1973 British Grand Prix :: People :: autoviva.com (http://bit.ly/kxHxui)

steveaki13
5th July 2011, 18:20
Its only recent, but I was sat at Stowe in 2008 and I saw Hamilton's impressive rain win. I remember watching every lap and you could visibly see the gulf between him and the rest, he looked much faster and each lap you could see the gap grow and grow.

He was very impressive that day and it will live with me for a long time.

AndyL
5th July 2011, 18:54
Thanks for posting that Tiago, fascinating to watch.

Can you imagine the outrage there would be on this forum if there was a stewarding shambles like that today.

Welcome to the forum by the way, congratulations on your first post.

And congratulations to me on my 1000th... I must have been a spectacularly lazy poster to have taken the best part of 6 years to make 1000 posts, when you consider some people have managed 300 in 2 months ;)

steveaki13
5th July 2011, 23:11
Thanks for posting that Tiago, fascinating to watch.

Can you imagine the outrage there would be on this forum if there was a stewarding shambles like that today.

Welcome to the forum by the way, congratulations on your first post.

And congratulations to me on my 1000th... I must have been a spectacularly lazy poster to have taken the best part of 6 years to make 1000 posts, when you consider some people have managed 300 in 2 months ;)

Well done.

I have recently felt what you feel.