PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Mugello 2011

jonny hurlock
1st July 2011, 17:32
So Capirex is out for this weekend, shame. Anyway the show must go on and Pedrosa back.

Allyc85
1st July 2011, 21:27
Shame the weather messed things up this afternoon, Mugello is one of them great tracks where I can quite enjoy watching them practise lap after lap.

Come one Cal :D

Rod Richardson
2nd July 2011, 14:30
Moto GP Qualifying

1, Stoner Repsol Honda
2. Spies Yamaha Factory Racing
3. Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini
4. Dovisioso Repsol Honda
5. Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing
6. Edwards Monster Yamaha Tech 3
7. Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3
8. Pedrose Repsol Honda
9, Hayden Ducati Team
10 Barbera Mapfre Aspar Team Moto Gp Ducati
11 Abraham Cardion Ab Motoracing Ducati
12 Rossi Ducati Team
13 Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini
14 Bautista Rizla Suzuki Moto Gp
15 De Puniet Pramac Racing Ducati
16 Elias LCR Honda Moto Gp

Rod Richardson
2nd July 2011, 22:17
MOTO 2 Wet Qualifying

1, Marquez Suter
2. De Angelis Motobi
3. Smith Tech 3
4. Simeon
5. Krummenacher Kalex
6. Esparago Ftr
7. Bradl Kalex
8. Pasini Ftr
9, Kallio Suter
10 West MZ

Corny
3rd July 2011, 15:02
Somehow, I don't like the way Terol wins his races :S Moto2 race was a cracker though, could've been more for Bradley Smith but man how fast Marquez was on the straight!

Mugello remains motogp on it's best. Unbelievable to see how the crowd there is dedicated to VR, even after a difficult weekend. Lorenzo great job :D Can't wait to be the next race, 'cause I will see them live again @ Sachsenring :D :D

vladut50
3rd July 2011, 16:04
Great race. Good job by Lorenzo who kept cool and won it. However, he was helped by Casey's tire problems. Anyway, at least we had a fun race to watch.

NinjaMaster
5th July 2011, 10:18
Finally the race I've been expecting all year. Amazing what some good weather at a great track can conjure up!
Lorenzo was really strong and his setting the races fastest lap on the last lap was testament to his skill. I thought this was Dovizioso's best MotoGP race of his career. Close to the race lead and his pass on Stoner showed a real desperation, something he's been criticised as lacking in the past. Stoner looked like winning by the length on the straight early. He was rightly disappointed but it makes the title chase more interesting. I loved Spies last corner pass on Simoncelli, really exploited a very minor error.

Moto2 was a belter! Marquez is starting to follow in last years footsteps, the ball has got rolling and momentum is building fast! Hats off to Bradl though, his Assen crash aside, he's been the ultimate professional this year. And I was stoked to see Bradley Smith podium again, especially in the dry and to give the Tech3 team some joy. DeAngelis rode a good solid race whilst Iannone and Luthi both had excellent rides through the pack, particularly Thomas who finished 6th from a 24th place start!

Nico Terol finally got his tactics right! I thought maybe he had let Zarco through and maybe Johann would return the favour at some stage but they both rode great. Surely Zarco's first win is just around the corner? Vinales star continues to rise with 3rd on debut at the hard-to-learn Mugello circuit and Folger disappointed with a crash after charging through from 21st to 8th with only 3 laps to go.

Finally there is some optimism for the racing in the top class, something that has been missing all year.