PDA

View Full Version : Randy says he will quit if Vegas gets a .8

SarahFan
30th June 2011, 04:06
Posting from my phone ... Maybe someone else can link it

Article starts out with Randy saying he will quit on the spot if ratings are low for the season finale and 5$ mil challenge...

Then later in the article sets the bar at .8....

FormerFF
30th June 2011, 04:11
You sure that wasn't DanicaFan again?

SarahFan
30th June 2011, 04:18
I've never seen then both in the same Place at the same time.... Although I Randy might be just a bit taller

Dr. Krogshöj
30th June 2011, 07:01
Posting from my phone ... Maybe someone else can link it

Article starts out with Randy saying he will quit on the spot if ratings are low for the season finale and 5$ mil challenge...

Then later in the article sets the bar at .8....

Considering the race will be on ABC, it's not that much of a gamble. It would be a different story if the finale was to be broadcast on Versus...

NickFalzone
30th June 2011, 16:40
Considering the race will be on ABC, it's not that much of a gamble. It would be a different story if the finale was to be broadcast on Versus...

Well, considering that the most recent race that aired on ABC scored a .8, I do think it's a bit of a risky bet. Sure, this is a big event and will be promoted a hell of a lot more than Milwaukee, but you just never know.. I have seen some modest upticks in the ratings this season, but nothing to crow about. If it does over a 1.0 that will be considered a win for IndyCar. I'd put chances of that happening about 50/50.

Marbles
30th June 2011, 16:44
If Randy has enough relatives he should be able to bump it over a .8.

Chamoo
30th June 2011, 16:47
The finale will be a 1.5 minimum as far as I'm concerned. There has been more promotion for the World Championships then any other race combined (by Indycar). Everything 2011 is being geared towards that race/event. Have you seen a commercial break where there was no advertisement for the Vegas finale?

Randy is doing everything right to bring in the masses for this event, and it will work.

00steven
30th June 2011, 17:37
It will be second to only Indy I believe and if you get a few big names the ratings will do fine. The fact that ESPN is going to cram it down the publics throats (as they do with most things) will generate some interest as well.

anthonyvop
30th June 2011, 18:25
The ICS is going up against the NFL that day.

In particular The Dallas Cowboys against the New England Patriots at 4pm
They do have the Giants playing at 1 against the lowly Bills and the Jets will loose to the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night

They should beat a .8

If they don't................

SarahFan
30th June 2011, 20:00
if the NFL locks out and randy lands a handful of interesting guys to compete for the $5mil i can see a 2.0

if the challenge fizzles and the NFL is laying may the racing gods help us in 2012 as Randy will be gone and Tony may be back

Jag_Warrior
30th June 2011, 20:39
Is this the type of thing (threat?) that a man would say unless he was making an exit plan anyway? I don't know just asking. But considering that he's picked a number that could represent the over/under (based on recent network ratings), sort of sounds like it.

NickFalzone
1st July 2011, 02:47
Is this the type of thing (threat?) that a man would say unless he was making an exit plan anyway? I don't know just asking. But considering that he's picked a number that could represent the over/under (based on recent network ratings), sort of sounds like it.

Possibly, but it seems more like a cliched exaggeration like "if pigs fly" or "if hell freezes over". I saw some video of Bernard at the Iowa event and he seemed pretty cheery talking to a bunch of teamowners. If anything, he seems overly optimistic to me in the sense that he thinks the series is making major strides to become a better and more popular sport for fans. To bring back some bad memories, this reminds me a bit of the Tony George comment about profitability by 2013. Everyone was saying that was his exit strategy.. but as he has stated numerous times since, he had no intention of going anywhere, and was actually forcefully removed.

DanicaFan
1st July 2011, 17:01
Can we get a .6 rating ??? LOL

SoCalPVguy
1st July 2011, 17:12

Are you implying that you want Randy Bernard gone ??????????? Quoting John McEnroe " Are you serious !!!!!!!!!!!???????????????"

PS- Why are you still here ?

SarahFan
1st July 2011, 18:35
Maybe the hulmans will put Danica in charge

Alfa Fan
1st July 2011, 18:41

Danica will win this race. May I never post on this forum again if she doesnt.

SarahFan
1st July 2011, 21:38
Clearly he meant "I may"'

beachgirl
1st July 2011, 23:38
So, just one more post he didn't back up, and was totally ludicrous?

00steven
2nd July 2011, 00:08

What's wrong with you?

Randy Bernard has done great things in his short time with Indycar.

Will Rogers
2nd July 2011, 04:33
The John McEnroe quote is "You cannot be serious!"

I think that no one believes Randy will quit if the race doesn't draw the required .8 rating--he'll create a reason why it's OK that he's going to stay.

SoCalPVguy
2nd July 2011, 08:01
The John McEnroe quote is "You cannot be serious!"

I think that no one believes Randy will quit if the race doesn't draw the required .8 rating--he'll create a reason why it's OK that he's going to stay.

My comment was to our Diminutive Friend who implied that we wanted Bernard to be gone. He cannot be "serious" as Bernard has done a fantastic job in his first year but I am sure our "friend" wants more ovals to favor the princess and prefers bringing back ***** even if it brings final ruin upon open wheel racing.

SoCalPVguy
2nd July 2011, 18:48
apparently "efffffffffffff teeeeeeeeeeeee geeeeeeeeeeee" is a banned term on this board .... but i am ok with naming him ***** !!!! Thanks Starter for the edit !!! My point being that I hope Bernard's threat to quit is a 0.8 is not reached is strictly meaningless hyperbole, just like well, ya know "May I never post here again if Danica doesn't win ..." because Bernard actually adds value to the series.

Will Rogers
7th July 2011, 04:22
Randy's statement is more of a move to generate attention than it is an accurate prediction of future events. The race could be broadcast on the big Three networks and draw a cumulative .5 and he wouldn't quit.

Lee Roy
7th July 2011, 11:53
Maybe Randy Bernard thinks that after all the time and effort he has put into Indy Car, if the season finale, with the $5M gimmick, can't garner more than a 0.8, it isn't worth wasting his time on anymore.

nigelred5
7th July 2011, 12:18
More importantly, Will Danica stick to the plan, jump to the Nationwide series full time and take DF with her???

Will Rogers
8th July 2011, 04:13
Let's hope she does, so we can get on to the important business of building a race series.

Dr. Krogshöj
8th July 2011, 12:10
How NBC and Comcast are killing IndyCar [Feature] | XYDO (http://www.xydo.com/toolbar/23632731-how_nbc_and_comcast_are_killing_indycar_feature)

Here's an interesting take on Randy's pledge. I didn't know the weekly IndyCar TV show was cancelled on VS as well as The Daily Line. The rumored NBC Sports rebranding doesn't seem to materialize so no wonder Randy started to talk nicely about ABC/ESPN again.

00steven
8th July 2011, 15:10
Tony George ruined the best sport in the world. It's ashame what's going on. The racing has been fantastic, open wheel racing is as competitive as it's been since the late 90's to early 00's, and there is a nice balance of ovals and road/street races.

The t.v. deal is disgusting but, with all that said, I still think .8 will be no problem at all.

DBell
8th July 2011, 16:40
The article is interesting, but I don't agree with the premise that Comcast,NBC, and Versus are killing IndyCar. The bad decisions and management over that last 15-20 years are what is killing IndyCar. Many of the former fans have left and aren't coming back. Very few new fans were created in this time. The tv deals keep getting worse because interest in the sport has continually declined. Sure, production and promotion have been weak, but I think that is due to decline in the sport, not the reason for the decline.

Put yourself in the position of a network exec watching the progress of IndyCar over the last decade. You see continual erosion of the fan base and TV numbers. Most would see a sport that has been badly managed during much of this time. Then you see a new guy in charge who seems to making some good moves in managing the sport over a couple of years, but it doesn't translate into any significant improvement in attendance or TV ratings. Some races get marginally better and some get marginally worse, overall the numbers just seem to stagnate. Would that inspire you to put your career on the line by throwing big money and effort into what looks like a dying sport?

Someone posted recently that maybe Indy Car's time as a top line sport has run it's course. It's happened to other sports. Boxing comes to mind and tennis doesn't seem nearly as big as it once was. So maybe IndyCars time is done and that's all there is to it. I hope not, but it doesn't look good to me.

Mark in Oshawa
11th July 2011, 16:19
Mr. Bell, it does seem that way; that the IRL may never get real growth again. I am hoping not, and with the popularity of NASCAR I am led to believe there is room. NASCAR may not decline to where the IRL is now, but there is room to take some of that market. NASCAR is tailing off because the novelty of seeing race after race on 1.5 cookie cutters is putting out some dull races. Watch Kentucky? I turned it off....and I didn't do that with the Indycars in Toronto the next day.

Randy's little missive is hyperbole. I don't think for a second he quits if he gets a lesser rating than he wants. I think he was just sort of putting the ad world on notice that he wants and expects more.....

Scotty G.
14th July 2011, 22:51
Speaking of Vegas....

Heard today that if Kasey Kahne is one of the 5 chosen for Vegas (and he will be one of the 5, if he gets the OK) it will be in a Andretti Autosport car and will be in Go-Daddy colors.

For those that didn't watch the last Nationwide race, it was Kahne who drove the Princess Car, in full Go-Daddy livery.

Could be a last ditch effort by Andretti (and the ICS) to try and keep Go-Daddy around, after Patrick leaves for NASCAR full-time (which will be announced soon). Probably a futile effort, but they are still likely to be on Patrick's Indy 500 car in 2012 for her next ICS team (which is not likely to be Andretti).

There are some very interesting things going on with Andretti's team as far as 2012 is concerned.

call_me_andrew
17th July 2011, 22:03
Someone posted recently that maybe Indy Car's time as a top line sport has run it's course. It's happened to other sports. Boxing comes to mind and tennis doesn't seem nearly as big as it once was. So maybe IndyCars time is done and that's all there is to it. I hope not, but it doesn't look good to me.

Considering how much TV time ESPN and major networks give tennis, it must still be popular because they keep cramming it down my throat. Boxing's alphabet soup led to it's decline in the U.S., but it's popular as ever in Europe.

Marbles
18th July 2011, 01:55
So maybe IndyCars time is done and that's all there is to it.

No! No! No! Nope! Stop it! Just stop it! Stop saying that! You are a bad\evil person -- saying bad\evil things!!!

Sorry about that. I just... well, I shouldn't have to explain myself around here...

Apologies to DBell... if it was actually DBell who said that?

SarahFan
22nd August 2011, 23:46
Well were less than 60 days until Vegas ... Football will be in full swing ... Indycar just got a .9 overnite ( likely a .8 final although I haven't heard) .... Fan confidence might be at an allying low after the newcar news combined with the ridiculousness at the of last weeks race ...

And we haven't heard a word about a single driver that will take the $5 mil challenge....

Will Randy be around in 2012!?!?!?!?

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 01:40
Well were less than 60 days until Vegas ... Football will be in full swing ... Indycar just got a .9 overnite ( likely a .8 final although I haven't heard) .... Fan confidence might be at an allying low after the newcar news combined with the ridiculousness at the of last weeks race ...

And we haven't heard a word about a single driver that will take the $5 mil challenge....

Will Randy be around in 2012!?!?!?!?

not sounding promising is it??

SarahFan
23rd August 2011, 02:03
No it's not...

NickFalzone
23rd August 2011, 02:09
I hate to say it, but I think ABC giving the same amount of promotion/same timeslot to a 2 hour in-depth piece "The Danica Patrick story" would garner better ratings, and probably be guaranteed at least over a 1.0. As much as I love this series and excited about Vegas, I am seriously skeptical that this race will generate any more than a .8 or .9. IndyCar series and ABC, please prove me wrong..

00steven
23rd August 2011, 02:38
I think Randy will split sooner rather than later.

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 03:02
I am guessing that since we have heard nothing, they had no good takers on the challenge??? I thought it was going to be announced by now....???

mac miller
23rd August 2011, 03:27
This guy, bernard, had better get this dangerous scheme together purty quick. Times'awastin'!
The truth is that to make this silly scam look half way legit he needs, at least, two current top 10 cup drivers and two current top 10 F1 drivers. So far, the only people I've heard him mention is some busted up old 1990s cart driver and a carnival sideshow skateboard daredevil.

If I'm one of these guys, I want one of dario's cars or I'm not in.
The chance of one of these guest drivers starting a crash that hurts somebody or knocks somebody out of a championship is better than 50/50.

Frankly, the guys, that he needs, know that they have a zero chance winning, they don't need the money or publicity, and the chance of F1 or NASCAR letting their drivers participate in an indycar publicity stunt is, also, zero.

This has "embarrassing disaster" written all over it and, as witnessed by their last event, bernard has experience at presiding over embarrassing disasters.

anthonyvop
23rd August 2011, 05:45
I am guessing that since we have heard nothing, they had no good takers on the challenge??? I thought it was going to be announced by now....???

I know that Tanner Foust is working on a deal to run Vegas.

SarahFan
23rd August 2011, 06:07
And I know James Stewart has tweeted about it...

But it's getting late in the game ... football is dominating the sports news ... Then the chase starts ... And we will have baseball playoffs runs etc...

The window is closing fast on this thing

downtowndeco
23rd August 2011, 06:42
That's one way of looking at it. The way I would handle it though if they don't get any legit contenders who want to take a swing at it is to have an ad campaign that says:

"We offered 5 million dollars to anyone who could run head to with our best drivers and beat them at their own game. NASCAR. F1. Le Mans Series. No one had a big enough pair to try it. Indycar. The fastest, most spectacular racing series in the world."

For the voice over use that guy w/the gravely voice that does the truck commercials. As his voice is heard the most intense wheel to wheel clips from the last 5 years are playing. Wheels interlocked, rubbing, someone flying through the air, a side by side finish etc....

This guy, bernard, had better get this dangerous scheme together purty quick. Times'awastin'!
The truth is that to make this silly scam look half way legit he needs, at least, two current top 10 cup drivers and two current top 10 F1 drivers. So far, the only people I've heard him mention is some busted up old 1990s cart driver and a carnival sideshow skateboard daredevil.

If I'm one of these guys, I want one of dario's cars or I'm not in.
The chance of one of these guest drivers starting a crash that hurts somebody or knocks somebody out of a championship is better than 50/50.

Frankly, the guys, that he needs, know that they have a zero chance winning, they don't need the money or publicity, and the chance of F1 or NASCAR letting their drivers participate in an indycar publicity stunt is, also, zero.

This has "embarrassing disaster" written all over it and, as witnessed by their last event, bernard has experience at presiding over embarrassing disasters.

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 11:54
That's one way of looking at it. The way I would handle it though if they don't get any legit contenders who want to take a swing at it is to have an ad campaign that says:

"We offered 5 million dollars to anyone who could run head to with our best drivers and beat them at their own game. NASCAR. F1. Le Mans Series. No one had a big enough pair to try it. Indycar. The fastest, most spectacular racing series in the world."

For the voice over use that guy w/the gravely voice that does the truck commercials. As his voice is heard the most intense wheel to wheel clips from the last 5 years are playing. Wheels interlocked, rubbing, someone flying through the air, a side by side finish etc....

good point - if they do it that way...

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 11:54

That is not a bad guy - probably not what they had in mind but.....

chuck34
23rd August 2011, 12:34

Sadly I don't expect anyone at the IndyCar marketing department to be that smart. One hell of an idea though.

chuck34
23rd August 2011, 12:35

Can we get him to drive as the Stig? That might slightly increase the level of interest. Maybe?

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 13:27
Can we get him to drive as the Stig? That might slightly increase the level of interest. Maybe?

That is an AWESOME idea - get someone really good to drive as the Stig - I don't care if they give him a ton of seat time ahead of time - the Stig winning the race would be HUGE and pretty darn entertaining (and make a deal to have the $5million go to charity).....

The more I think about it the more I like it - an all Stig team - don't show anyone. White car, white wall tires (just kidding), everything plain jane white - I mean really do the thing up.....

mac miller
23rd August 2011, 13:49

HA! yea! That's a great idea! Start making impiications that nascar and F1 drivers are "chicken" because they won't take the bait for a third rate publicity stunt designed to make them look bad......... I think that bernard should just demand that nascar and F1 send appropriate representatives for his gimmick or face the eternal stigma of cowardous.
If they continue to ignore him, he should continue to ratchet up the retoric to make himself look as foolish as possible.

SarahFan
23rd August 2011, 15:07
Calling other series drivers chicken will make a single headline and maybe a blurb on sportcenter (probably not)....

Doesn't garner a single eyeball

garyshell
23rd August 2011, 18:25
That is an AWESOME idea - get someone really good to drive as the Stig - I don't care if they give him a ton of seat time ahead of time - the Stig winning the race would be HUGE and pretty darn entertaining (and make a deal to have the $5million go to charity).....

The more I think about it the more I like it - an all Stig team - don't show anyone. White car, white wall tires (just kidding), everything plain jane white - I mean really do the thing up.....

I absolutley LOVE this idea! Bring on the Stig team!!!

Gary

anthonyvop
23rd August 2011, 20:07

He ain't the "American" Stig. Actually there has been 3 "American Stigs" that I know of. 1 on the BBC show and 2 on US version.

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 20:11
He ain't the "American" Stig. Actually there has been 3 "American Stigs" that I know of. 1 on the BBC show and 2 on US version.

well, anyone can be the Stig (assuming you can drive a racecar very fast...) that is the beauty of the thing.... (not saying Tanner is - just that he could drive as him if....

well, anyway - the concept makes too much sense - nobody will do it.....

anthonyvop
23rd August 2011, 20:14

Would be kind of disingenuous as both F1 and NASCAR race that weekend and nobody would seriously expect a driver to give up a race in either series for a ride in Vegas.

Chris R
23rd August 2011, 20:49
Would be kind of disingenuous as both F1 and NASCAR race that weekend and nobody would seriously expect a driver to give up a race in either series for a ride in Vegas.

and we all know advertising is NEVER disingenuous :p

anthonyvop
23rd August 2011, 21:52
The purpose of promotion is to get people who are not already aware of and interested in something to try it. Those people don't have any idea about the relative status of the various series. So when you say you've put up a 5 mil kitty to get those other drivers in and they turn it down - well, that will give you a VERY promotable tag line.

Now that I stop and think about it, I wonder if that wasn't Randy's plan all along.

And who are these people who would be interested and yet not be aware of either NASCAR or F1?

Awhile ago I mentioned that one thing IndyCar needs to do is to make the drivers contractually obligated to shut up about wanting to go to F1. I was vilified for suggesting we make the drivers lie. Now some people want the entire series to lie and twist the arms of the media to back up the lie.

What happens when ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Autosport, Racer, Jayski....etc decide to call out the ICS? It could get ugly.

BDunnell
23rd August 2011, 22:07
Awhile ago I mentioned that one thing IndyCar needs to do is to make the drivers contractually obligated to shut up about wanting to go to F1. I was vilified for suggesting we make the drivers lie.

As someone who always bangs on about freedom, Tony, for you to suggest that the drivers should not be free to say what they want to say is rather hypocritical.

EagleEye
23rd August 2011, 23:29

Agree, great idea. Stig, all white car, white walls, Stig'd out pit crew, Stig grid girls....

Love it.

Lee Roy
24th August 2011, 02:00

Go ahead. The only people who will be paying attention are the few . . . . . make that very few . . . . . people hanging around in forums such as this. The vast majority of people who would hear of this probably don't even know what "Indycar" is, or would even care.

00steven
24th August 2011, 02:34
Go ahead. The only people who will be paying attention are the few . . . . . make that very few . . . . . people hanging around in forums such as this. The vast majority of people who would hear of this probably don't even know what "Indycar" is, or would even care.

Why do you come on the Indycar page to bash? If it wasn't for Tony George NASCAR wouldn't be anywhere as popular as it is now.

anthonyvop
24th August 2011, 03:42
As someone who always bangs on about freedom, Tony, for you to suggest that the drivers should not be free to say what they want to say is rather hypocritical.

It is amazing how people like you have no grasp of what freedom is.
Being an IndyCar driver is a privilege not a right. It is no different than any other job. You can either be a driver and follow the rules or not be an Indycar driver and not follow the rules. No different than what is expected of any employee anywhere.
If a representative of one of my companies was publicizing that another company was better their termination would be swift.

SarahFan
28th August 2011, 13:50
I am/was in the camp that this was a great idea ...

Word on the street is both Zanardi and kahne want in .... But gannassi and penske won't a car for them ..

That suggests to me this "challenge" was put forth with out at the very minimum teams willing to run the 5 drivers ...

That is simply rediculous

FIAT1
28th August 2011, 16:35
Not making 5 mil Indycar chamhionship, where more people would be interested for whole season not just one race is idiotic . 2. Build Indycar for the fans of Indycar not step for nascar joke.3. abc = terible. 4. Final lose of respect for this dude is support for BB aftter amateur calls. Looking in to his work up to date looks like he is TG tool therefore he can quit now as far I care.

SarahFan
30th August 2011, 16:15
Just read that tomorrow is the deadline to secure the insurance policy for the $5mil .... It doesn't look like any drivers have taken the challenge so this promotion is a complete failure IMO

Randys claim that 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink' rings weak IMO

This sucks as I thought this was a solid idea

The next logical step of fallout will be MGM (who have been on board) to balk at the current level of support

harvick#1
30th August 2011, 16:24

F1 has a GP that weekend, why would any of the F1 drivers go to Vegas and race? Le Mans Series, most will start winter testing or so in preparation for 2012. and the Nascar guys are in Charlotte that weekend.

the IRL wasnt going to draw many big names to this event no matter how hard they wanna try

00steven
30th August 2011, 19:18
I really wanted to see Alex back in a Ganassi...

SarahFan
4th September 2011, 18:00
I was wondering if we would see the commercial for the 5mil Texas challenge..and sure enough we did

Hmmmm.....

anthonyvop
4th September 2011, 21:35
Oh Well!

Report: No drivers to race for $5m IndyCar bonus at Las Vegas
September 04, 2011

The Indianapolis Star reports that the deadline for securing insurance for the program that would have paid a non-IndyCar driver $5 million if he or she won the IndyCar season finale in Las Vegas passed Aug. 31, meaning that no driver will be eligible for the big prize.

At a press conference at the Baltimore Grand Prix on Saturday, team owners Roger Penske and Chip Ganassi said that they never gave serious consideration to fielding all-star drivers in one of their cars at next month's IZOD IndyCar World Championships at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ganassi said he briefly considered fielding a car for two-time CART champion Alex Zanardi, but then he "laid down and that consideration went away."
Penske said it would have been "just so difficult" to get a guest driver in competitive form for the event. He said he would have insisted they compete in an IndyCar race beforehand.

Although the bonus appears off the table, IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard has hinted there still could be a surprise element to the finale.
Report: No drivers to race for $5m IndyCar bonus at Las Vegas - Racer.com (http://www.racer.com/report-no-drivers-to-race-for-5m-indycar-bonus-at-las-vegas/article/211259/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY)

A surprise element? Awww Jeez!

Jag_Warrior
5th September 2011, 00:35
Surprise element: some lucky fan will win an HP Touchpad! :bounce:

Mark in Oshawa
7th September 2011, 19:22
Well it is sad when the call of 5 million dollars doesn't scare up some names. However, NASCAR owners are not going to let any one of their guys loose to make a run at it. It is one thing for Tony Stewart to run around in an Outlaw, but no one is going to ever turn the WoO into a competitor for NASCAR. Indycar has that potential. I wouldn't be shocked if the unofficial word was sent from Daytona Beach to stay away from it.....and you all know that it is tough enough enough to get people to jump from series to series once you leave the world of Sportscars. This whole scheme was a risky one to start with...drivers just don't do one off's outside of the world of sports cars. It just doesn't happen....

SarahFan
7th September 2011, 21:01
At this point I can't imagine .8 is in the cards..

Sure it's loooking like the championship will be decided in Vegas .... Besides that their is nothing to entice a new viewer to watch

Will randy be back in 2012?

Adamfree
8th September 2011, 05:38
Well I never thought the NASCAR folk would turn up but I am surprised that Randy didn't twist the CHIPSTER's arm re: Zanardi. He is a great story and it will be the 10th anniversary of Alex's accident. I know Letterman would put AZ on his show and you could have AZ do a lap around 54th street before the race and drive onto the LATENIGHT set. That would help RB and his hoped for .8.

At this point I can't imagine .8 is in the cards..

Sure it's loooking like the championship will be decided in Vegas .... Besides that their is nothing to entice a new viewer to watch

Will randy be back in 2012?

anthonyvop
8th September 2011, 21:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FktPlp_tkrU

Tired format but still funny. Hilarious at the 2;58 mark

numanoid
8th September 2011, 22:51
That is awesome!

SoCalPVguy
9th September 2011, 00:10
Hitler finds out Danica is leaving Indycar

link: Hitler finds out Danica is leaving Indycar - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TtWasvuH2Y)

anthonyvop
9th September 2011, 04:06
Hitler finds out Danica is leaving Indycar

link: Hitler finds out Danica is leaving Indycar - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TtWasvuH2Y)

Didn't know Danicafan was a corporal from Austria

Mark in Oshawa
9th September 2011, 04:41
That my friends is still priceless. Those video's are just never getting old!

DBell
9th September 2011, 19:25
My favorite part in the "Hitler finds out about Vegas" is during his rant about Barnhart.

"Give me 4 good laps, give me shut the fu#* up!"

I've said that many times. :D

Blancvino
9th September 2011, 21:05
Surprise element: some lucky fan will win an HP Touchpad! :bounce:

Obsolete before it hit the street

anthonyvop
11th October 2011, 19:58
With the Vegas finale this weekend you would think that RB would have a PR staffer look over his tweets before he sends them out.

RBINDYCAR Randy Bernard
Last one. @12WillPower, can you give the definition of a '****er?' Follow-ups: Is Robin Miller one, and name your top 5 ****ers of the year.

monadvspec
12th October 2011, 22:20
Anthony, is that really from Bernard?

Chris R
12th October 2011, 22:21
The conversation was fairly humorous - the quote out of context sounds far worse than it is......

anthonyvop
13th October 2011, 04:45
Anthony, is that really from Bernard?

From his twitter account.

nigelred5
13th October 2011, 11:27
So, we HAD used the Vanderbilt cup for the CCWS championship, now we're stealing ANOTHER cup, this time the ASTOR cup for ICS?

Lousada
13th October 2011, 22:10
So, we HAD used the Vanderbilt cup for the CCWS championship, now we're stealing ANOTHER cup, this time the ASTOR cup for ICS?

You prefer the naked unicycle guy? But don't worry, there will probably be another new trophy next year. Trophies seems to be Randy's 'thing'.

nigelred5
14th October 2011, 01:10
You prefer the naked unicycle guy? But don't worry, there will probably be another new trophy next year. Trophies seems to be Randy's 'thing'.

Good lord no, I forgot they actually awarded that thing. I was more referring to the Vanderbilt Cup that CCWS awarded but I've read they own the actual replica trophy but don't have the rights to use it as a result of the mergification. :yawn:

call_me_andrew
17th October 2011, 01:50
So what happens now?

drewdawg727
17th October 2011, 02:08
I posted this on another forum...but if Randy wanted ratings, he sure as hell got them now!

Anubis
17th October 2011, 02:12
I posted this on another forum...but if Randy wanted ratings, he sure as hell got them now!

Shame you didn't leave it on the other forum to be honest.

drewdawg727
17th October 2011, 02:47
I don't see anything wrong with what I said. I'm not insulting anyone or being inappropriate. It's truth, this has made national news.

Mark in Oshawa
17th October 2011, 02:56
Drew...you didn't need to say it. It isn't the kind of publicity this series needs. I swear this series is cursed.....

Hoop-98
17th October 2011, 03:36
I don't see anything wrong with what I said. I'm not insulting anyone or being inappropriate. It's truth, this has made national news.

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

Hoop-98
17th October 2011, 03:52

I am pretty sure that Maggots, Pond Scum, or pigs at a trough etc, see nothing wrong with their livelihood. Starter, if you delete this , please delete me from this community, thanks! Drewdawg, PLEASE PM me a way to say hi in person!!!!!!

drewdawg727
17th October 2011, 04:00
Drew...you didn't need to say it. It isn't the kind of publicity this series needs. I swear this series is cursed.....

I can see how this can be taken. Wasn't trying to sound sarcastic or offend anyone.

Hoop-98
17th October 2011, 04:02
A new meaning to insensitive?

Hoop-98
17th October 2011, 04:14
Drewdawg, if your grief led to this I apologize to you,

garyshell
17th October 2011, 04:51
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side

Well done Hoop. Well done indeeed.

Gary

garyshell
17th October 2011, 04:56

Shame you didn't leave it on the other forum to be honest.

I can see how this can be taken. Wasn't trying to sound sarcastic or offend anyone.

Guys, guys, we are all hurting at the moment and I can certainly see how drewdawgs comment COULD be taken the way it was, but I sure as hell don't believe for one moment that this interpretation of his words was in any way close to what he intended.

Gary

Bob Riebe
17th October 2011, 05:16
I posted this on another forum...but if Randy wanted ratings, he sure as hell got them now!Randy did not want this, nor did any one, any where.

Your post makes it seem like Randy is a whore mongering ghoul, just think about it for a second.

This crash is not as bad the the 1964 Indy crash and racing went on; nor is this death any more tragic than any unintended death anywhere while at the same time not even close in sacrifice with those by alled soldiers from any country, but it seems nowadays too many people have become so sensitive by putting person on pedestals for reasons known only to them that they do bring back in force the old saying that words mean things.
Be careful what you write, at time when emotions are running wild.

BDunnell
17th October 2011, 20:53
Randy did not want this, nor did any one, any where.

Your post makes it seem like Randy is a whore mongering ghoul, just think about it for a second.

This crash is not as bad the the 1964 Indy crash and racing went on; nor is this death any more tragic than any unintended death anywhere while at the same time not even close in sacrifice with those by alled soldiers from any country, but it seems nowadays too many people have become so sensitive by putting person on pedestals for reasons known only to them that they do bring back in force the old saying that words mean things.
Be careful what you write, at time when emotions are running wild.

In general, Bob, I agree with the thrust of your sentiments here, especially the first line. However, I think comparisons with the 1964 crash are slightly erroneous. That came to my mind, too, I confess, but attitudes towards death — and especially seeing death occur live on TV — are somewhat different today, not least in relation to motorsport. In 1964 the likelihood of a death occurring in the field of a major motor race was far higher than it is today.

IndyCarFan
19th October 2011, 03:05
In general, Bob, I agree with the thrust of your sentiments here, especially the first line. However, I think comparisons with the 1964 crash are slightly erroneous. That came to my mind, too, I confess, but attitudes towards death — and especially seeing death occur live on TV — are somewhat different today, not least in relation to motorsport. In 1964 the likelihood of a death occurring in the field of a major motor race was far higher than it is today.

Regarding 1964, the race was not broadcast live on national TV AND the closed circuit broadcast (remember those?) almost immediately went off the air around the country. Not due to technical difficulty but by choice.

Nowdays, TV stays live, runs replays over and over, speculates, tells people at home not to speculate, misreports, tells people at home not to read too much into what is being said, cuts to commercials, comes back and starts it all over again. And for the record, I'm generalizing here and NOT commenting on ABC's specific coverage of this particular race.

SoCalPVguy
19th October 2011, 06:43
It is being reported "The overnight TV rating for the Las Vegas IndyCar finale on ABC Sunday that saw the unfortunate death of Dan Wheldon was a 1.5. That is the highest non-Indy 500 TV rating IndyCar has had in years"

Over 0.8, so now what, Randy ?

Chris R
19th October 2011, 11:50
It is being reported "The overnight TV rating for the Las Vegas IndyCar finale on ABC Sunday that saw the unfortunate death of Dan Wheldon was a 1.5. That is the highest non-Indy 500 TV rating IndyCar has had in years"

Over 0.8, so now what, Randy ?

I wonder if they can tell if the rating increased AFTER the crash?? I really hope people had tuned in anyway, but I have a sick feeling it was people tuning in after they heard there was a bad accident.....

Rex Monaco
19th October 2011, 15:02
I think that as the officiating body of the series and as the promoter of this race, Indycar has alot of questions to answer for this tragedy. I seem to recall reading that Indycar wanted to run a temporary road course in the parking lot at Las Vegas instead of the oval. What was the leagues reason for not wanting to run the oval? Did the league feel that this oval posed a risk to safety? If they did have reservations about the safety of this track, then why would they attempt to lure more drivers to this track with the 5 million dollar purse? Certainly more cars on the track was one of the main contributing factors to this horrific crash.

The question right now should not be about the future of oval racing. The safety of the cars and the tracks can (and should) be improved. The question that many of us have wanted answered for a long time is does this league have the capablity to rebuild Indycar while being a good steward of American 'Indy Car' racing? The jury might still be out on this question, but this tradgedy does not help the defense.

Dave B
19th October 2011, 17:49
I don't know how you guys measure your TV ratings over there, but in the UK ours are compiled by BARB who can break it down (at a cost, and then some!) into 5-minute chunks. You often see a big spike in F1 ratings for the start and the last 20 minutes, followed by an understandable downturn after the chequered flag.

DBell
19th October 2011, 18:33
I don't know how you guys measure your TV ratings over there, but in the UK ours are compiled by BARB who can break it down (at a cost, and then some!) into 5-minute chunks. You often see a big spike in F1 ratings for the start and the last 20 minutes, followed by an understandable downturn after the chequered flag.

They do the same type of thing here. Getting access to them is the hard part.