PDA

View Full Version : Princess Diana

Koz
30th June 2011, 00:52
Damn this is tasteless garbage.

What Princess Diana's Life Might Look Like Now - Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/2011/06/26/what-princess-diana-s-life-might-look-like-now.html)

00steven
30th June 2011, 01:01
Very disrespectful in my opinion. There is no place for what ifs...just a tragic end to an inspirational life.

Rollo
30th June 2011, 01:14
The people who this will attract are presumably the same sort of people for whom television shows like The Only Way Is Essex, Jersey Shore or why the reason why the name Kardashian keeps on cropping up in the media.

Here were produced rubbishy newspapers containing almost nothing except sport, crime and astrology, sensational five-cent novelettes, films oozing with sex, and sentimental songs which were composed entirely by mechanical means...
- George Orwell, Nineteen-Eighty-Four (1948)

This was written as a supposed "chilling vision of the future" but almost by default society chose this for itself.

Mind you that is because the media sells its product to idiots. The vast majority who can't do something as simple as long division anymore:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein.

Dave B
30th June 2011, 06:30
What's going on? Is she ill? Haven't seen her on the telly in ages.

Rollo
30th June 2011, 08:26
to an inspirational life.

Inspirational to whom? Readers of Women's Weekly and/or the Daily Mail? I think that she had a symbiotic relationship with the media, and the fact that Newsweek has decided to generate news currency from someone who's been dead for almost 14 years, probably indicates that magazine sales are flagging and some editor wants an easy boost.

Newsweek's ghoulish cover of Diana and Kate Middleton is a disgrace – Telegraph Blogs (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/cristinaodone/100094531/newsweeks-ghoulish-cover-of-diana-and-kate-middleton-is-a-disgrace/)
This kind of stunt is more suited to a junk-filled tabloid than a serious political magazine, as Newsweek claims to be.

MrJan
30th June 2011, 09:17
I don't think it's disrespectful, it's just downright stupid....although I'm very much looking forward to What Adolf Hitler's Life Might Look Like Now......although I suspect the 'journo' (I use the term very lightly) could pretty much only imagine the bloke being 6 feet under.

Rudy Tamasz
30th June 2011, 12:24
Mind you that is because the media sells its product to idiots. The vast majority who can't do something as simple as long division anymore:

No human being is an idiot by default. Quite a few become these after being brainwashed by media, politicians, peers etc.

There's always that question. Are media selling crap because people want it or people want it because media promote it? To me the answer is the latter. In this pair media are the leaders and consumers are followers. Therefore, the media is more to blame for the sleaze on frontpages, on TV etc., although common folks are no innocent either. After all, they voluntarily chose to turn the better part of their brains off.

I recall reading interviews with DJs of FM stations. They would always proudly tell the interviewer that they listen to jazz, classic rock etc. Yet they argued that they kept rotating teenybop stupidity because "people wanted it". That's some professional honesty...

schmenke
30th June 2011, 16:50
It's not tasteless or disrespectful. It's media.

anthonyvop
30th June 2011, 18:17
Don't see what the problem is.....The she was the biggest Gold-Digging, media whore of her time. If she was to rise from the dead today she would have been holding a huge press conference to condemn it.

markabilly
8th July 2011, 14:07
I think it is great.

I already got it mounted in my garage, next to bambi