PDA

View Full Version : Mosport Repairs

dataman1
29th June 2011, 14:53
Has anyone heard if the track guard rail retaining structures have been replaced / repaired since the last ALMS race? Recall how a GT car took out several aged posts causing the stoping of the race. Curious if the owners old or new have done anything.

Shifter
1st July 2011, 19:29
For what it's worth, World Challenge went racing there not long ago. The back straight still has the old armco-on-wood-posts setup, everywhere else was concrete walls/tire barriers which I assume have been in place for awhile. So I think the track is essentially unchanged and repairs were made where the Porsche hit the armco.

World Challenge TV (http://www.world-challengetv.com/2011/#/races/373) Mosport round starts about 40 minutes into the video.

dataman1
26th July 2011, 18:45
I wanted to report back after attending the race a walking the track that many of the old wooden posts behind the armco have been replaced with much larger new ones. Not every old post was replaced but many where. There was also an abundant amount of new paint in the winner's circle area. Same old problems with no wireless internet for the teams and mobile media. Cell phone coverage is also poor. IMO if they want to stay on any big league series schedule they have got to upgrade their electronic capabilities. To quote one ALMS team owner, "How the he$$ am I to conduct business without a cell phone signal?"