PDA

View Full Version : Scary Movies

slinkster
28th June 2011, 21:52
What's your all time favorite?

Mine would have to be The Shining. The cinematography in that film is immense... the symmetry, the soundtrack... by far the most discomforting film I've ever seen.

Some of the imagery from the Grudge stuck in my mind for weeks after... and not even the gory bits.

I've just had Paranormal Activity from my LoveFilm account... I'd heard it was really frightening and to be honest, I was a little bit worried about watching it... but it wasn't the slightest bit scary!!! I kept thinking the whole way through "this is gonna be the scary bit... oh wait no... THIS is gonna be the scary bit... " And it never happened! Talk about over-hyped.

MrJan
28th June 2011, 22:14
The Shining is my favourite too, proper creepy. Saw a bit of it when I was about 12 and the imagery weirded me out for years (until I actually saw the whole film).

I don't really go for scary films though, certainly not gory, I just don't find them enjoyable as the plot is usually extremely stretched and badly thought out.

donKey jote
28th June 2011, 22:59
Monsters Inc

CaptainRaiden
28th June 2011, 23:36
One of the creepiest movies I have seen is the Japanese version of The Eye. That's proper messed up. Never been more scared while watching a horror movie.

Does anybody remember Ginger Snaps? There is a trailer for Ginger Snaps 2 on Youtube. I think this is the scariest trailer I have ever seen for a movie. Don't think I'll be watching it in a dark theater: :eek:

Ginger Snaps 2 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

555-04Q2
29th June 2011, 13:28
I remember watching a cheesy movie when I was about 10 or so years old called "It Came Without Warning". It was one of those really bad "B" Grade movies but it scared the cr@p out of my young mind :p :

Recently, I was really creaped out earlier this year by "Paranormal Activity" until I read up on the internet afterwards that is was not a documentory film.

schmenke
29th June 2011, 14:23
I find anything with Adam Sandler quite disturbing...

:dozey:

555-04Q2
29th June 2011, 14:36
I find anything with Adam Sandler quite disturbing...

:dozey:

Does he just disturb you or scare you? Personally, there is no way he could scare me with that baby face :p :

schmenke
29th June 2011, 14:48
Does he just disturb you or scare you? Personally, there is no way he could scare me with that baby face :p :

Well his films generally want to make me puke :dozey:

555-04Q2
29th June 2011, 14:53
Well his films generally want to make me puke :dozey:

Too much cheese in his comedy for you :p :

You obviously suffer from Filmocheesolitis, which I am sorry to tell you, cannot be treated :p :

slinkster
29th June 2011, 20:00
Too much cheese in his comedy for you :p :

You obviously suffer from Filmocheesolitis, which I am sorry to tell you, cannot be treated :p :

I don't have time for crap films. One of my new years resolutions this year was to not be a film-snob and to watch more films that I assume I won't like... but I draw the line at watching films I *KNOW* I'll hate from the get go.

J4MIE
29th June 2011, 23:18
I don't really like scary movies, but Scream 4 was pretty good :p :

bluegem280
30th June 2011, 07:30
I have sickness on watching scary movie, some scenes may be sometimes quite disturbing. I remembered in late 90's there was a good TV series. It was about romance, love relationship, it had some outrageous storyline too with the appearance of a masked man. TV series can give some strained mind, but still they're not nasty. The title was Sunset Beach.

slinkster
30th June 2011, 18:33
I have sickness on watching scary movie, some scenes may be sometimes quite disturbing. I remembered in late 90's there was a good TV series. It was about romance, love relationship, it had some outrageous storyline too with the appearance of a masked man. TV series can give some strained mind, but still they're not nasty. The title was Sunset Beach.

Actually this sounds MUCH more frightening than The Shining...

10th September 2011, 16:49
best horror movies are old, now these do not produce
-Omen
-Exorcist

:)

gloomyDAY
11th September 2011, 05:25
Classic: Misery

Modern: The Loved Ones

SGWilko
12th September 2011, 09:51
I remember watching the re-make of 'The Thing' in my early teens, and it was quite scary.

Malbec
12th September 2011, 12:41
The original 'the Haunting' from the '50s or '60s in black and white.

No special effects by modern standards but a terrifying film nonetheless. The first time I saw it with a bunch of friends at uni and we had to switch it off halfway because some of us (not me I hasten to add ;) ) couldn't take it anymore.

I saw Jaws when I was about 6 or 7 I think, gave me nightmares for ages. The simple ones are still the best.

SGWilko
14th September 2011, 13:12
The original 'the Haunting' from the '50s or '60s in black and white.

No special effects by modern standards but a terrifying film nonetheless. The first time I saw it with a bunch of friends at uni and we had to switch it off halfway because some of us (not me I hasten to add ;) ) couldn't take it anymore.

I saw Jaws when I was about 6 or 7 I think, gave me nightmares for ages. The simple ones are still the best.

They still needed a bigger boat.........

anthonyvop
15th September 2011, 15:38
Yentl

Zico
20th September 2011, 20:42
I dont usually watch so called 'scary movies' because I dont often find them very scary but there is one movie I've seen at the Cinema that left me totally drained. It's more of a psychological thriller than anything else, a non-stop relentless assault on the senses. It's called 1408

Plot here.. 1408 (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1408_%28film%29)

Watch it and let me know if you found it as gripping and mentally exhausting as I did.

tfp
20th September 2011, 23:59
Chucky was quite scary, I hear it got banned shortly after it was released.
The omen was scary aswel - That bit where the truck with the glass sticking out the back of the flatbed rolled down the hill and it lobbed that mans head off, that was just wierd!

anthonyvop
21st September 2011, 02:05
Chucky was quite scary, I hear it got banned shortly after it was released.

Banned? The Chucky Movies?