PDA

View Full Version : Cricket or Tennis?

28th June 2011, 07:28
There are two games and i am confused that which one is more better for fitness. Well both are good for fitness and i personally more like cricket because it is balance and it is better than tennis. Because in tennis you remain in a game and you just hit ball from one side and same is the case with other side. While cricket is the balance game and there are many things to do in cricket e.g bowling, batting and fielding so it is more balance game and you don't get bore of this. But it has one negative aspect that it is very time consuming.

ShiftingGears
28th June 2011, 08:38
Tennis.

Zeakiwi
28th June 2011, 10:57
I think you will find the participants of high level tennis and cricket (apart from Jesse) gain their physical fitness from training for their sport. That training will be running, swimming, weights, cycling, time in the nets - bowling machine, time on the court with the tennis ball machine, practice matches, time with the sports shrink or sport masseur/ masseuse. etc

20/20 games of cricket don't take that long. Tennis - with tie breakers can take a long time.

555-04Q2
28th June 2011, 10:58
Tennis by a long way.

28th June 2011, 11:39
my choice Tennis

ioan
28th June 2011, 20:37
Never watched cricket so I can't compare them, still I like tennis a lot both to watch and play.

raybak
29th June 2011, 10:07
Tennis by far. If you played a couple of times a week you will find your fitness levels increase quite a bit. Try to play at least an hour of singles though as this is more intense.

I played a great deal of tennis before I injured my knee putting an end to my tennis career. Luckily now am doing quite well in rallying :)

Ray

steveaki13
29th June 2011, 20:44
I would have thought Tennis keeps you fitter.

But In terms of watching and following, it Cricket hands down.

I follow the Essex and England Cricket teams, it is a great complex sport with many different challenges and skills.

I find Tennis to one sided, with the top 2 or 3 winning all games 3 sets to 0 to often.

Garry Walker
29th June 2011, 21:32
Cricket is very very boring, tennis wins every time.