PDA

View Full Version : Best Sports

28th June 2011, 07:21
I like different sports game but football is best among all and is the balance game and it is full of muscles exercise and also good game that is mostly played in the world.

28th June 2011, 11:42
Yes, Your say right but my vote for Cricket

Brown, Jon Brow
28th June 2011, 18:05
I think snooker is the best sport.

cali
28th June 2011, 18:19
Best sport for your fitness is track&field or athletics. Everything else is just a matter of taste. Icehockey and handball are cool team sports.

harvick#1
28th June 2011, 18:51
best games to actually play, Hockey, Soccer, Football, and Racing

more casual, I'd prefer Billiards and Darts

steveaki13
29th June 2011, 20:41
Football: I watch and play it with a passion.

BozoMotosportGP
29th June 2011, 22:20
mountain bike downhill,it requires a lot balls and skill, but for reward its very exciting.

ICWS
29th June 2011, 22:44
Basketball is the best all-around sport, in my opinion, and I think professional basketball players are the most versatile athletes in the world. Basketball requires fully body strength, aerobic and anaerobic endurance, speed, agility, balance, hand-eye coordination, and plyometric conditioning. Basketball players have been shown to be capable of playing other sports as well, like soccer (Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett), football (LeBron James, Allen Iverson), baseball (Michael Jordan, Clyde Drexler), track & field (Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell), swimming (Tim Duncan), and tennis (Dirk Nowitzki).

The only thing basketball players don't do well is fighting other players...

cali
30th June 2011, 06:05
Basketball is the best all-around sport, in my opinion, and I think professional basketball players are the most versatile athletes in the world. Basketball requires fully body strength, aerobic and anaerobic endurance, speed, agility, balance, hand-eye coordination, and plyometric conditioning. Basketball players have been shown to be capable of playing other sports as well, like soccer (Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett), football (LeBron James, Allen Iverson), baseball (Michael Jordan, Clyde Drexler), track & field (Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell), swimming (Tim Duncan), and tennis (Dirk Nowitzki).

The only thing basketball players don't do well is fighting other players...

Noup, actually handball and icehockey are the team sport which are producing the most versatile athletes. This is not my opinion, but coming straight from scientists and their studies.

bluegem280
30th June 2011, 07:49
If you refer the best sport to the most popular sport in the world I think yes it's soccer. But if it's about favorite sport for watching I put racing in the first place, soccer and volley ball in the second, and tennis, basket and badminton in the third place. I hate soccer if I have to play myself, as a smoker I struggle with my breath. :)

Mark in Oshawa
30th June 2011, 19:01
Well for Hockey I think puts out the most well rounded athlete. First off, in hockey, the ability to skate is unique. no two people skate the same way but the balance and ability to generate speed and conserve energy for a 30 second to 1 minute shift is unique. Strength is required to generate this. So you need speed, endurance, yet be able to sprint. Yes, you sit on the bench for breathers, but the heart never really relaxes, just allows the body to go back at it again. Mental toughness is required to persevere with the pounding you can take. It requires situational awareness and it all happens at a high speed in a confined space. So for anyone to be a really good hockey player (we Canadians never say Ice Hockey, that would imply that by defining it it is less than field hockey? last I looked, Field hockey wasn't as big a sport) they need speed, strength, skills, toughness AND unique skills (skating) that most other athletes don't have. Then go to a game live, and tell me how you didn't admire the grace and skill.

Sorry, Hockey is still the game. I love and respect most sports, I shoot for a community cable station and have learned to love sports like Soccer, Football, Lacrosse and Basketball, but Hockey still wins out of the athletic events.

For a spectacle, racing of course is my other love...but I separate it from other sports..

schmenke
30th June 2011, 19:43
... I shoot for a community cable station .....

:s hock:

Which one are you: :p :

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5066/5888610350_07a8abefb0.jpg

Rollo
30th June 2011, 21:27
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
- Ernest Hemingway

ICWS
1st July 2011, 06:27
“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
- Ernest Hemingway

I knew somebody was going to say that Hemingway quote in this thread eventually! :)

ifacompare
8th August 2011, 18:50
Sorry F1 and only F1

Captain VXR
8th August 2011, 20:53
Motorsport, dont care if its racing, rallying, drifting, rallyx, time attack etc it just happens to interest me the most

Not really into ball sports but if I have nothing to do and there's a game of Rugby on the tv, I'll watch it.

00steven
8th August 2011, 20:56
Other than motorsports I really enjoy football.

anthonyvop
9th August 2011, 00:34
Auto Racing, Saltwater Flyfishing, Hunting, Airboat racing.

Roamy
9th August 2011, 05:29
F1 - NFL - Me Golfing - Me Flyfishing

Bob Riebe
9th August 2011, 15:47
The best sport is what ever one likes.

Mark
9th August 2011, 15:57
The best sport is what ever one likes.

?

steveaki13
9th August 2011, 21:17
?

Could you be a bit more clear with your response.

As clear as the question at least please. ;)

JackSparrow
10th August 2011, 00:48
Footie,F1,NFL,NBA,Tennis,Cycling,Athletics,Boxing, MMA,MotoGP.

12th August 2011, 16:55
My favourite sport is football. It very popular all over the world. Playing any sports games is also good of health. Sport is related to physical activity. It build strong bones and muscle and stamina. Playing foot ball game require lots of running and that helps in losing weight.