PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't want to wish it on my own worst enemy

wedge
27th June 2011, 13:53
But you would though, wouldn't you?

Eki
27th June 2011, 14:17
Wish what? Winning a big lottery and living a happy life? I wouldn't want to wish it on my own worst enemy either.

Rollo
27th June 2011, 14:26
Wish what? Winning a big lottery and living a happy life? I wouldn't want to wish it on my own worst enemy either.

I would wish winning a big lottery and living a happy life on my own worst enemy.

Either they'd stop being my worst enemy and be nice to me, or more than likely they'd go away with their new money and happy life.

Koz
27th June 2011, 15:40
Either they'd stop being my worst enemy and be nice to me, or more than likely they'd go away with their new money and happy life.

Or they could use their new found money to destroy you...

ioan
27th June 2011, 19:24
I would wish winning a big lottery and living a happy life on my own worst enemy.

Why not use it to get yourself a greater life away from them?

555-04Q2
29th June 2011, 14:46
A hell of a lot of people who win these big lotteries just p!$$ it against the wall and land up right where they started, sometimes they wind up owing millions in debt. Easy money leaves you easily.

Garry Walker
29th June 2011, 21:42
A hell of a lot of people who win these big lotteries just p!$$ it against the wall and land up right where they started, sometimes they wind up owing millions in debt. Easy money leaves you easily.

I guess mostly people winning those lotteries are people who never have experienced wealth nor have they ever worked hard for money. So once they get lucky, they will be ill-equipped to deal with it and will give in to pressure and spend it like idiots.

ioan
29th June 2011, 21:46
I guess mostly people winning those lotteries are people who never have experienced wealth nor have they ever worked hard for money. So once they get lucky, they will be ill-equipped to deal with it and will give in to pressure and spend it like idiots.

^ This!

Rollo
30th June 2011, 00:40

I can tell you from my experiences working as an accountant, that idiocy is by no means confined to the poor. One lady who is a client of ours (and a judge), couldn't work out where her money was going and wanted us to do something about it.
We look through her expenses and found that she was spending $7000 a month at David Jones (which is a department store); we advised her to cut up her Store Credit Card. She fired us as her accountants and told us that it wasn't any of our business how she spent her money and that we should have found savings in tax for her.

I have quite a few stories like this.