PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Vettel Wins the 2011 F1 WDC

The Black Knight
27th June 2011, 11:06
I figured I may as well start this thread early. The title race is over. Clearly there is no stopping him now. It's unrealistic to believe that anyone can catch Red Bull at this stage and equally unrealistic to believe that anyone else can win the WDC.

In Valencia we saw that McLaren were off the pace. Clearly they are losing out in the development race throughout the year and are unwilling to take risks with upgrades.

Even if Vettel finishes every remaining race in second place and doesn't win anymore he would still be crowned champion.

So congratulations to Seb on a job well done. He has made the most of the opportunities presented to him this year and I'm sure he will continue to do that for the remainder of the season.

Big Ben
27th June 2011, 11:44
And congratulations to RBR who didn't allow poor strategy to jeopardize their chances like last year. The DRS and RBR being way ahead of everyone made this perhaps the worst season since the end of the dark ages (2002-2004).

SGWilko
27th June 2011, 12:20
perhaps the worst season since the end of the dark ages (2002-2004).

I'd have to say it has thus far been the best worst season - if you know what I mean!

Big Ben
27th June 2011, 12:54
I'd have to say it has thus far been the best worst season - if you know what I mean!

hmmm... that you believe DRS was a great idea?

N. Jones
27th June 2011, 14:00
I tend to agree that Vettel looks to have the title locked up.
What's wrong with DRS?

The Black Knight
27th June 2011, 14:17
I tend to agree that Vettel looks to have the title locked up.
What's wrong with DRS?

What is right with it? Makes drivers a sitting duck or else it doesn't really work like this weekend in Valencia. Tis bull****.

F1boat
27th June 2011, 17:00
Still too early... remember Button.

tfp
27th June 2011, 17:52
Still too early... remember Button.

There is not enough rain in the sky to give bunson the wdc crown:-)
Congrats Vettel, the youngest double world champion. It was a hard fought, and well earned fight last year. This year, red bull have the best car. yeah, it is quite a boring season...

odykas
27th June 2011, 18:13
It's not over yet.

CaptainRaiden
27th June 2011, 19:25
It's not over yet.

The only way this season will get exciting now is if the FIA ban Red Bull and Vettel replaces Di Ambrosio at Virgin for the remainder of 2011...

The Black Knight
27th June 2011, 19:36
It's not over yet.

Yerrah come on, unless RBR are massively affected by the changes coming in at Silverstone then the championship is over.

People are saying remember Button but Button had a car that lacked much development throughout the entire year but was miles ahead at the start of the year. RBR have plenty of room for development. They are not short of money.

The only hope is Silverstone but since I doubt that will make a massive difference, I say the championship is over.

Robinho
27th June 2011, 19:52
even if the ruling shakes things up you'll still have the top 3 teams taking wins and points off each other, the only way it would still be alive is if the new pecking order is if one of Ferrari or McLaren are clearly the fastest like RBR are now and Vettel ends up scrapping for 5th or 6th at best. Can't see it happening. We're still in for some good racing this year though

ioan
27th June 2011, 20:33
The only hope is Silverstone but since I doubt that will make a massive difference, I say the championship is over.

The only change in Silverstone will be that they can not use the no throttle engine overrun to feed the EBD in the slow corners. Combined with RBR having the most sound aero on the grid means that they are likely to be less affected then other teams by this change.

The Black Knight
27th June 2011, 20:44
The only change in Silverstone will be that they can not use the no throttle engine overrun to feed the EBD in the slow corners. Combined with RBR having the most sound aero on the grid means that they are likely to be less affected then other teams by this change.

Adrian Newey isn't convinced of that:

Adrian Newey expects some rivals to gain from exhaust clampdown | Red Bull | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/52824.html)

Big Ben
27th June 2011, 21:04
heīs just being supportive calling the virgins and co. rivals.

The Black Knight
28th June 2011, 08:49
I'll be very interested to see the gap now between the front and back of the field after this ban. Certainly, with the reduction in downforce for the front teams, I no longer expect HRT or Virgin to have any issues qualifying within the 107% rule. This may also bring Lotus closer to mid pack. Perhaps it will be better than any upgrade they could have brought to the car.

Looking at Sebastien's quickest times on Friday practice, they were significantly slower than the front runners by over 2 seconds, if memory serves, while running the new engine mapping. I do believe that this could compromise RBR quite a lot. While McLaren's exhaust solution was brought onto the car for the first race of Australia, they simply copied RBR's one. The concept of their car was not wholly based around off-throttle blown diffusers as much, so despite what Lewis says, I doubt it will affect them as much as it did RBR. Remember McLaren initially designed an 'octypus' exhaust solution.

I'd probably agree with Newey's assertion that Ferrari and Mercedes will probably lose out less than McLaren and Red Bull.

On the other hand, Pirelli's Paul Hembrey has come out and said he expects this to bunch the field up quite a lot. He is a man I'm tending to listen to more and more as he has been right about a lot of things this year:

'Silverstone to be a big learning curve' - Paul Hembrey | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/52848.html)

I hope it does bunch them up though because this season is beginning to get a little boring.

555-04Q2
28th June 2011, 10:51
There is not enough rain in the sky to give bunson the wdc crown:-)
Congrats Vettel, the youngest double world champion. It was a hard fought, and well earned fight last year. This year, red bull have the best car. yeah, it is quite a boring season...

Boring? You are :crazy: This is one of the best seasons since the 80's. The WDC may be sewn up soon, but the racing (when DRS hasn't been wrecking it) has been brilliant.

bluegem280
28th June 2011, 11:20
Is this the sequel of plan after knowing engine mapping ban didn't work significantly. I guess if all teams this far are benefited by blown diffuser, banning it will give them all suffered nearly at the same rate. Unless if RBR is identified using different form of diffuser than others and it favors their performance more than any teams, banning it would make more sense. But let's see how it works.

I agree on points awarded to ten finisher, but giving too much points gap to the race winner to make drivers get motivated to win is not necessary. They will always try to win in every race. The tendency it creates gaps in case one or some teams have great package of car and drivers to be competitive like Red Bull this year. It doesn't seem easy to give impedance to Vettel who is now en-routing to the second titles. :)

driveace
28th June 2011, 14:46
If Vettel and RBR do not win this years championship,then I will bare my ar** in Woolies window !!! well at least there is NO Woolies left any more.
But seriously HE knows he has them ALL beat,and he is looking to see what is in the other cars at the end of each race.
What he has not had to do this year is fight from the back,AND can he do that?

555-04Q2
28th June 2011, 14:56
Yes, he's done it before.

I am evil Homer
28th June 2011, 14:57
I disagree it's been boring...sure we have Vettel dominating the points but the battle between McLaren and Ferrari and then Renault, Merc has been good. Not the best season but certainly not terrible in many senses.

555-04Q2
28th June 2011, 15:00
I disagree it's been boring...sure we have Vettel dominating the points but the battle between McLaren and Ferrari and then Renault, Merc has been good. Not the best season but certainly not terrible in many senses.

There have been some great mid field battles this year, great back field battles this year, and at Monaco, China etc some great front field battles. With the exception of Valencia, this has been a GREAT season so far :)

Mia 01
28th June 2011, 17:51
Sorry to say, but I think he will also win next years and the year after that.

As Long as Adrian and Seb stays in RBR it looks promising.

CaptainRaiden
28th June 2011, 17:55
Sorry to say, but I think he will also win next years and the year after that.

As Long as Adrian and Seb stays in RBR it looks promising.

Don't be so sure. Newey has produced some duds in his career as well.

Shifter
28th June 2011, 18:56
There have been some great mid field battles this year, great back field battles this year, and at Monaco, China etc some great front field battles. With the exception of Valencia, this has been a GREAT season so far :)

I don't know about great, but yes, the battles are in midfield, if one pays attention to it.

ioan
28th June 2011, 19:22
Its not good viewing for many fans, great for Red Bull and Vettel fans however, but I would imagine some of the more casual fans are turning off.

Who cares about the casual Joe who doesn't even watch F1 more than 5 times a year anyway?!
Dumbing (I guess this isn't even a word in English but I can't find another one right now) down the sport for the occasional viewer is bad for the sport on the long term.

ioan
28th June 2011, 19:25
On the other hand, Pirelli's Paul Hembrey has come out and said he expects this to bunch the field up quite a lot. He is a man I'm tending to listen to more and more as he has been right about a lot of things this year:

'Silverstone to be a big learning curve' - Paul Hembrey | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/52848.html)

Pirelli know little about F1 racing tires, I guess they know even less about engines and EBD, so don't get your hopes high.

Mark
28th June 2011, 20:02
Who cares about the casual Joe who doesn't even watch F1 more than 5 times a year anyway?!
Dumbing (I guess this isn't even a word in English but I can't find another one right now) down the sport for the occasional viewer is bad for the sport on the long term.

True. They tried that with the WRC and look where it got them!

ioan
28th June 2011, 20:48
True. They tried that with the WRC and look where it got them!

Sometimes, lately quite often, I hope that F1 just loses out big time as I don't see any other chance for it to be steered again in the right direction.

tfp
28th June 2011, 23:56
Boring? You are :crazy: This is one of the best seasons since the 80's. The WDC may be sewn up soon, but the racing (when DRS hasn't been wrecking it) has been brilliant.

Ok maybe not the season, canada was one of the most intense(and frustrating!) races ever. But I was still bitter after the valencia race ruined my afternoon:-)

555-04Q2
29th June 2011, 07:44
Ok maybe not the season, canada was one of the most intense(and frustrating!) races ever. But I was still bitter after the valencia race ruined my afternoon:-)

Indeed, I think most of us had poor afternoons thanks to Valencia :p :

SGWilko
29th June 2011, 09:56
I can see the FIA getting even more strict by next season seeing as 2011 has virtually been decided before the half way point. Its not good viewing for many fans, great for Red Bull and Vettel fans however, but I would imagine some of the more casual fans are turning off. F1 lost alot of interest in the early part of last decade due to one team winning multiple championships and the FIA and FOM will not want this period repeated as we've just got the interest level back up again. When we have drivers like Vettel, Button, Hamilton and Alonso in the field, people want to see them racing each other for wins not following one car and then fighting amongst themselves for 2nd and 3rd. Its a double edged sword because the governing body will start clamping down on innovation as a result to standardize the pack.

Whilst I agree to a degree, you have to step back and consider that the Bulls have not walked away with each race. McLaren at least have been able to fight with them, and only lost out due to poor qualifying.

The racing throughout the field has, as a result of the tyre differential, been second to none, and while the WDC could be wrapped up soon, I'm not in the least bored with this season.

Every so often (mostly a Newey car I admit!) a team dominates.

Rollo
29th June 2011, 21:30
If Vettel and RBR do not win this years championship,then I will bare my ar** in Woolies window !!! well at least there is NO Woolies left any more.

Woolworths - Home (http://www.woolworths.com.au)

Woolworths stil exists in Australia. They even own the building opposite the Sydney Town Hall.

ioan
29th June 2011, 21:40
Most of the tabloid journalists are casual fans in the sense they write articles beased on limited knowledge. This in turn spreads to their more uninformed readers and creates the perception of certain factors to do with the sport. I don't care for them, but often they find themselves on internet forums talking a load of old rubbish. You and I are the proper fans however.

PS: 'Dumbing down' is a suitable term so you were partly right with your use of the word. :)

Hey, it is how it works, I just think it is wrong to try to please those aren't really interested in your product and are just casually consuming it. It's the hardcore fans who will keep you up when the going is tough, and sooner or later that happens.

Garry Walker
29th June 2011, 21:55
Rapunzel had this title sealed up once it became obvious that Red Bull was by far the fastest car. Helmet Marko took care of the rest

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 11:28
So once again, Congratulations to Sebastien Vettel. He has done an amazing job. He will be crowned world champion in Japan if he scores a point or Button doens't win. A truly great performance this year from a magnificent driver.

Ranger
26th September 2011, 11:47
Congratulations, car, team and driver combination way too good this year. Hopefully next season goes down to the wire.

jens
26th September 2011, 11:57
Congratulations!!

Well, I think what we are seeing, is the emergence of another Team Schumacher. Since the disintegration of the dream team at Ferrari we have been waiting, who could be the next one. Now we are witnessing it. Driver and the whole team in brilliant harmony. No weaknesses in any area, every aspect is absolutely top notch. Also pit strategies and pit stops have been very good at RBR, while they were weaker in previous years.

It's not until 2014 we get the next major overhaul in technical regulations, which could cause some upset in the pecking order. But before that... I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel becomes a 4x WDC by then. It's like 10 years ago - McLaren and Williams (now Ferrari instead of Williams) were trying their best to match the front-running team, but year after year they were getting beaten. Current Red Bull is a very stable team in terms of personnel and the development rate is efficient. By mid-season it looked like Red Bull has finally been caught by other teams, but now they have managed to pull away again with Vettel having managed to win 3 races on the trot convincingly.

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:00
So once again, Congratulations to Sebastien Vettel. He has done an amazing job. He will be crowned world champion in Japan if he scores a point or Button doens't win. A truly great performance this year from a magnificent driver.

Amen to that :up: Anyone who doesn't agree is just bitter that their driver didn't win.

The Black Knight
26th September 2011, 12:04
Amen to that :up: Anyone who doesn't agree is just bitter that their driver didn't win.

Dude, stop agreeing with me. It's too weird :p

Daniel
26th September 2011, 12:05
Dude, stop agreeing with me. It's too weird :p

Perhaps I'm just agreering with you in sneaky attempt to insult you like *taps nose*

555-04Q2
26th September 2011, 13:03
What's wrong with DRS?

:confused: You gotta be sh!tt!ng to ask that question :confused:

steveaki13
26th September 2011, 18:35
Yep Congrats.

What a fantastic season he has driven. I mean Webber who is a decent driver maybe not a champion but a race winner, he has absolutely destroy him and there for the entire field.

I haven't seen anyone so at one with his car and able to win in such a style since Schumacher in 2004.

Also a big well done to Red Bull for another championship. A fantastic racing car.

I have no problem with a 3rd next year but I do hope someone can push Vettel and Red Bull to the end of the season for the challenge and drama.

Big Ben
27th September 2011, 13:27
The man's done his job properly. You can't blame him for the failure of the other teams to keep up, that's for sure.

schmenke
27th September 2011, 14:49

Completely disagree. This has been my least favourite season by far. The sport has been ruined by DRS, technical restrictions, safety cars and constant meddling by race stewards.

Congrats to Vettel, btw, for a well-deserved championship. Enjoy the sake! :D

555-04Q2
27th September 2011, 15:53
Completely disagree. This has been my least favourite season by far. The sport has been ruined by DRS, technical restrictions, safety cars and constant meddling by race stewards.

Lost your glasses old man ;) :D

I agree about DRS, stupid system that should never have been entertained, let alone implemented :crazy: The stewards also need to be removed, ferk job creation for washed up ex drivers.

But there has been some great racing the whole way down the grid this year, with overtakes going into, in and out of slow, medium and fast corners. When was the last time we saw that? The only gripe for me so far has been drivers being made sitting ducks by DRS.

The Black Knight
27th September 2011, 16:02

I'm with you on that. I thought that last year they found a nice balance but they have made a complete balls of it this year race after race of the stupid penalties where none are deserved. That along with DRS has put a taint on this championship for me too I must say. Other than that I'm enjoying the current season.

Big Ben
27th September 2011, 18:34
This has been by far the worst F1 season Iīve followed (I had better things to do between 2001 and 2004). The results were almost always predictable as were the passes with the stupid drs. And on top of that it was just the 'perfect' opportunity for the RBR team to show us just what a bunch of hypocrites they are.

steveaki13
27th September 2011, 21:54

I have enjoyed this season but I agree about the meddling. F1 has become to much about the officials, stewards and organisers meddling in all aspects of the events and no longer are the drivers left to race.

Knock-on
27th September 2011, 22:05

Or possibly has a different point of view ;)

steveaki13
27th September 2011, 22:31
Or possibly has a different point of view ;)

You must be so bitter to use that as an excuse. :p

Knock-on
27th September 2011, 22:47
You must be so bitter to use that as an excuse. :p

Not really. I already said Seb has done a great job this year, RBR has done a great job this year and they are the best package by a country mile.

Still doesn't mean that anyone that disagrees with me it bitter for expressing an opinion.

tfp
27th September 2011, 23:36
This has been by far the worst F1 season Iīve followed (I had better things to do between 2001 and 2004). The results were almost always predictable as were the passes with the stupid drs. And on top of that it was just the 'perfect' opportunity for the RBR team to show us just what a bunch of hypocrites they are.

I wouldnt say it had been that bad, but it was definetly not as exciting as last year(that goes to show how good last year was) Vettel has done a brilliant job this year, the car has always given him an advantage., but he's used it so well, and made very few mistakes on the way.
The RBR team on the other hand...I've lost a lot of respect for them, I dont like teams that favour one driver so much over the other, and thats what theyve done this year. How theyve changed in a year!

The Black Knight
28th September 2011, 08:25
I wouldnt say it had been that bad, but it was definetly not as exciting as last year(that goes to show how good last year was) Vettel has done a brilliant job this year, the car has always given him an advantage., but he's used it so well, and made very few mistakes on the way.
The RBR team on the other hand...I've lost a lot of respect for them, I dont like teams that favour one driver so much over the other, and thats what theyve done this year. How theyve changed in a year!

How have they changed exactly? Mark Webber has said on a few occasions that he is getting equal treatment within the team. I've lost count of how many times he said that Seb has done a phenomenal job and thoroughly deserves the title. He also said it has been a bad season for him and it has taken him a long time to get used to the Pirelli tyres. From everything I see, Seb has simply upped his game and Mark, this year, couldn't live with him

Big Ben
28th September 2011, 14:49
How have they changed exactly? Mark Webber has said on a few occasions that he is getting equal treatment within the team. I've lost count of how many times he said that Seb has done a phenomenal job and thoroughly deserves the title. He also said it has been a bad season for him and it has taken him a long time to get used to the Pirelli tyres. From everything I see, Seb has simply upped his game and Mark, this year, couldn't live with him

I think Vettel's better than Webber but isn't it a bit strange how things changed in just one year? And I don't really care they use team tactics, it's the smart thing to do after all. It is all the speeches about how fair they are and all the empty promises that I find pretty shameful. All they should have done was to shut up. 9 wins to nothing. 9 wins to... how many 2nd place finishes? I don't think he's that bad and I'm anything but a fan of his. The fact that Webber repeated reassuring statements make it smell even fishier rather than the opposite.

Mia 01
28th September 2011, 15:30
I think Vettel's better than Webber but isn't it a bit strange how things changed in just one year? And I don't really care they use team tactics, it's the smart thing to do after all. It is all the speeches about how fair they are and all the empty promises that I find pretty shameful. All they should have done was to shut up. 9 wins to nothing. 9 wins to... how many 2nd place finishes? I don't think he's that bad and I'm anything but a fan of his. The fact that Webber repeated reassuring statements make it smell even fishier rather than the opposite.

Of course, you are right, a couple of wins for Mark earlier in the season would have meant that a few other would have been in the hunt for the wdc. Evil isnīt it.

But Seb is way better than Mark.

Big Ben
28th September 2011, 22:06
How has Mark Webber managed to secure 2 pole positions this year if he is in unequal machinery? He has said himself he struggles with the tyres and getting the right setup to suit. I don't think there is any conspiracy here, its just Seb has done the better job and managed the transition alot better. The same has happened to Massa who is also well behind his teammate compared to last year, although its known he is a number 2 driver yet you'd expect him to be closer.

Off topic but I am also sick of some Hamilton fans on another forum claiming there is a conspiracy to support Jenson within McLaren. Total rubbish, Jenson has simply done a better job so far and Lewis has also said this in the media today.

Than you have to agree MW is just rubbish. While SV wins 9 races MW barely manages 2(?) 2nd place finishes... it's interesting that RBR renewed his contract after such a wonderful performance. Massa is just slow. I couldnīt believe it when he started beating Kimi. Itīs the one fact that makes me think I REALLY overrated the Finn as I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread for a while there. The Alonso - Massa battles goes pretty much as expected.

Those Hamilton fans are pretty delusional. I don't know how can they blame the team for the race incidents Hamilton get involved in.

The Black Knight
29th September 2011, 08:03
Than you have to agree MW is just rubbish.

Or Seb is just brilliant, maybe?

While SV wins 9 races MW barely manages 2(?) 2nd place finishes... it's interesting that RBR renewed his contract after such a wonderful performance. Massa is just slow. I couldnīt believe it when he started beating Kimi. Itīs the one fact that makes me think I REALLY overrated the Finn as I thought he was the best thing since sliced bread for a while there. The Alonso - Massa battles goes pretty much as expected.

Those Hamilton fans are pretty delusional. I don't know how can they blame the team for the race incidents Hamilton get involved in.

I could say the same about you with your RBR conspiracy theory.

I agree on Massa and that he is just slow and I do believe Raikkonen to be faster than him but there are always mitigating factors. Just because X beat Y and Y beat Z does not mean X is better than Z. Drivers improve, disimprove overtime. Sometimes something happens to their psyche e.g. Massa's crash and that can have an affect i.e. I don't believe 2008 Massa would be this far behind Alonso as he is now. Othertimes drivers get lazy. They are human. I believe Raikkonen got lazy. It's not a case that he really didn't have the talent to beat Massa, in my opinion, more a case that he simply wanted out.

Big Ben
29th September 2011, 08:11
Or Seb is just brilliant, maybe?

3 or 4 testing sessions over the winter an turns up superman for the new season, right?

I could say the same about you with your RBR conspiracy theory.

Thanks.

The Black Knight
29th September 2011, 08:23
3 or 4 testing sessions over the winter an turns up superman for the new season, right?

He completely dominated from Korea onwards last year as well. Did you notice that? He got pole in every race. His car that you say never breaks down broke down in Korea. Hmmmm....

Big Ben
29th September 2011, 08:59
He completely dominated from Korea onwards last year as well. Did you notice that? He got pole in every race. His car that you say never breaks down broke down in Korea. Hmmmm....

Even better then... he didn't need any practice. He just slept well before Korea and turned up brilliant.

The Black Knight
29th September 2011, 09:14
Even better then... he didn't need any practice. He just slept well before Korea and turned up brilliant.

Nope, he just kicked up a gear. He is simply developing as a driver. There was no doubt that Seb would get better as time went on. We've never witnessed a driver this young to be this good. Give him credit where credit is due. I expect Mark will get closer to Seb again but Seb is on another level to Mark.

Big Ben
29th September 2011, 09:25
Nope, he just kicked up a gear. He is simply developing as a driver. There was no doubt that Seb would get better as time went on. We've never witnessed a driver this young to be this good. Give him credit where credit is due. I expect Mark will get closer to Seb again but Seb is on another level to Mark.

I gave and give him credit without getting too carried away. ... All I do is give MW some since I believe that this year performance is not his true level, be it a lower level than Vettel's... I'm just saying I don't think he's that bad. That's all.

jens
29th September 2011, 13:30
Than you have to agree MW is just rubbish. While SV wins 9 races MW barely manages 2(?) 2nd place finishes...

There are examples from the past too in top teams. Also Patrese was 'rubbish' in 1992 after giving Mansell a run for his money in 1991. And Kimi's performance dropped after 2007. That's F1 - drivers performances vary from year to year and perhaps considering age isn't on Webber's side either, he is struggling to be as adaptable any more (Pirelli tyres). We don't need conspiracies to explain everything, these are actually the last resort. Sure Webber of 2011 isn't performing at his best level, but what is so incredible or strange about it? Schumacher, Massa, Barrichello, Trulli and Heidfeld haven't had their best years either. Do we need to talk about conspiracies in their case also? IMO Webber's best years were actually 2006-2008. Even in 2010 he seemed more inconsistent - had some great victories, but also crashes.

ioan
1st October 2011, 10:55

^ What he said. Vettel did great, but F1 as a whole is not doing good at all.

Big Ben
8th October 2011, 19:54
Considering how 'close' the fight at the top was this year it's quite possible that RBR was one of the first team to switch focus on the 2012 car :rolleyes:

F1boat
9th October 2011, 08:40
Great championship victory, congratulations! On par with the titles of M Schumacher and Mansell, I think.

ioan
9th October 2011, 08:46
Guess that's it!

Congratulations Seb!

Robinho
9th October 2011, 08:50
Congratulations, deserved championship winner, the only driver who could consistently run at the front this year, ALonso, Hamilton and Button all competed in individal races, but none were able to make the run that Vettel could. Vettel competed at the front of all the races

steveaki13
9th October 2011, 08:51
All signed sealed delivered, a fantastic championship win.

He is a force and I am happy for him to win another but I want the rest to come back and give him a real fight for the next one.

donKey jote
9th October 2011, 08:59
well done seb :up:

Dave B
9th October 2011, 09:00
A great result: Button winning the race but Vettel on the podium to take his second - and thoroughly deserved - championship.

F1boat
9th October 2011, 09:05
I guess that for Jenson was very important to win in Japan for his lovely girlfriend, so I am very happy for him. And Seb, of course, deserved the crown.

Mia 01
9th October 2011, 09:10
Congratulations to Seb and the whole Red Bull team!

Iīm sure there is moore to come.

markabilly
9th October 2011, 09:33
His first victory at Monza in the rain was the most impressive first victory I have ever seen, except perhaps Senna's first at Monaco, also in the rain.

Last year, many times it seemed he was still not doing all that well, but he just continued to get better and better at the very end of last year and it has continued through today.

What is frightening is that he and red bull both seem to still be developing as a driver-team.

Time will tell if the best is yet to come. I suspicion that he is still a long distance from reaching his personal best. Other drivers should hope not....... :vader:

Triumph
9th October 2011, 09:49
Well done to Sebastian (I'm not sure who 'Sebastien' is though, but congratulations to him as well :D ).

A very nice bloke and deserving world champion.

:)

Dave B
9th October 2011, 10:06
Just a thought: he sealed his title with a third place. Even when he's having a bad day, he still gets on the podium. Even when he had a one-off terrible race, he was still 4th. Incredible. :up:

Zico
9th October 2011, 10:11
Congrats Seb, near faultless all season, you grasped the opportunity with both hands, WDC fully deserved. Well done Adrian Newey for providing the car... and the Red Bull team for facilitating it.

AndyL
9th October 2011, 13:14
(I'm not sure who 'Sebastien' is though, but congratulations to him as well :D ).

I think he's mates with Lewis Haminton :)

ioan
9th October 2011, 20:40
I think he wanted to win more for the Japanese fans who have supported him since his Honda days. He's always said Japan is a special place for him way before he had a half Japanese girlfriend.

Honestly I think he just wanted to win the race, still nice to see how much fantasy people have around here.

F1boat
9th October 2011, 21:18
Honestly I think he just wanted to win the race, still nice to see how much fantasy people have around here.

Have you seen his girlfriend? ;)

tfp
10th October 2011, 00:02
Have you seen his girlfriend? ;)

Hell yeah!!

Rollo
10th October 2011, 00:17
And nice to see the ignorance of people like yourself who appear to have not seen any of Jenson's comments concerning the Japanese GP/people over the years and his statement about how dear Japan is to him around the time of the earthquake earlier in the year. Have you not noticed he's had a tribute to Japan on his helmet all season? He's made it clear his years spending time in Japan during his Honda period meant a great deal to him and his childhood watching Championships decided at Suzuka has given him the drive to want to win there. Its not fantasy at all ioan its an ill thought out response to a subject you evidently have little knowledge of.

Of course he has no knowledge of it. Ignorance is borne from fear. Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to suffering... :vader:

Of course Jenson wouldn't have don't anything to back up his concern for the people of Japan would he? ;)

Jenson to auction special helmet for Japanese charity / Vodafone McLaren Mercedes (http://www.mclaren.com/page/jenson-to-auction-special-helmet-for-japanese-charity)
Jenson Button’s race helmet this weekend has been specially designed to reflect his love for Japan and the Japanese people, and will be auctioned following the race for charity.
The helmet design, which is inspired by the Japanese flag, carries Jenson’s name and initials in Japanese and the logo of the Save Japan charity, who will benefit from the auction.

Rollo
10th October 2011, 00:25
Vettel was the youngest driver to score a championship point, the youngest driver to win a Formula One Grand Prix, the youngest driver to win a World Champion and is now the the youngest driver to be a double World Champion.
Even in 2009 when Button was the World Champion, Vettel still finished in front of Barrichello in the points.

Has anyone checked to see if Vettel isn't a cyborg driving machine which has come back from the future yet?

pete c
10th October 2011, 00:26
Congratulations to Sebastien and RBR for a well desrved championship.
Also congratulations to Jenson for great drive and fantastic win.

cheers
pete

The Black Knight
11th October 2011, 11:35
Congratulations to Seb. A great driver all the year around. Let us see if he can make the next steps ont he ladder to become an all time great.

wedge
11th October 2011, 13:23
Just a thought: he sealed his title with a third place. Even when he's having a bad day, he still gets on the podium. Even when he had a one-off terrible race, he was still 4th. Incredible. :up:

That was down to sheer luck - and when you're at the top luck seems to go your way at times.

He really should have stuck his neck out and overtaken Massa at Nurburgring than let it fall onto a pit stop on the last lap. A rather stupid gamble in my IMO.

Seb gets a lot flack for his race craft. I must admit there's a bit of Senna and Prost about him. He's shown he wants to rewrite the history books and can be in racy mood when he wants to be.

True but Japan can have quite an affect on people. I love Japanese cars, food, culture, films; I can speak some Japanese and spent a few months there. Japan holds a special place in my heart.