Koz
26th June 2011, 14:46
The race itself?

Jarno?
Ferrari strategy regarding Massa?

Meh. Mediocre race, no real donkies.

Robinho
26th June 2011, 14:47
don't think there were any donkeys today, everyone drove really nicely. Maybe only Bernie for persisting with Valencia as a race track

Hawkmoon
26th June 2011, 14:48
I'll second the nomination for Bernie. This is a terrible circuit.

markabilly
26th June 2011, 14:50
BERNIE!!!!!

no one close for second place

gm99
26th June 2011, 14:50
I agree, no real donkeys. Maybe Karthikeyan, who finished a whopping 96 seconds behind his team-mate, who himself is not exactly the second coming of Alberto Ascari.

markabilly
26th June 2011, 14:52
but for a very distant second place, honorable mention to some sorry pit work by merc and ferrari......and hamilton for saying I can not go any slower, but then he does go slower, after he has ruined his tires.

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 14:58
Agree with many.

Bernie and the circuit of the track.

On the track Schumi made an error should have finished 7th or 8th.
Also Narain. Nearly a lap behind his team mate and the field. Was the first person to finish 23rd and now is the first driver to finish 24th.

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 15:00
Also the whole grid except one. Vettel can have a 3 race holiday and still start up still in the lead of the championship.

Come on someone challenge him.

Its making me long for 2004.

ioan
26th June 2011, 15:03
MS for not steering clear of Petrov. :\

wedge
26th June 2011, 15:06
Hull or Middlesbrough has more glamour than Valencia.

UltimateDanGTR
26th June 2011, 15:07
Hamilton-he failed to crash into anyone today-he's clearly deluded.

Dave B
26th June 2011, 15:08
No donkeys, the most finishers ever. Michael comes close for going so quickly with a broken wing flapping around but even he didn't do anything particular donkeyish.

UltimateDanGTR
26th June 2011, 15:09
Hull or Middlesbrough has more glamour than Valencia.

BUT Hull has john prescott-how much more glamorous can you get ;)

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 15:13

Have to agree.

This was a strange moment, he could have finished 7th or 8th with a cruis-ey race, nothing to gain forward and no threat from behind today Mercedes should have had a 7th & 8th easily today.

Daniel
26th June 2011, 15:45
No donkeys, the most finishers ever. Michael comes close for going so quickly with a broken wing flapping around but even he didn't do anything particular donkeyish.

It was spectacular to watch though!

Only donkey is the track and some of the backmarkers.

Mia 01
26th June 2011, 15:45
No donkeys for me.

MS was a bit eager, could have happened to almost anybody.

pino
26th June 2011, 16:10
Valencia circuit for me !

tfp
26th June 2011, 16:22
Valencia circuit for me !

Same for me, that is by far and away the most boring race Ive ever seen. The drivers said so, even jake humphries said so, he couldnt be more right.

Mark
26th June 2011, 17:09
NK for being the driver to finish in the lowest ever placing in a Grand Prix.

odykas
26th June 2011, 17:10

+1

ioan
26th June 2011, 17:46
Have to agree.

This was a strange moment, he could have finished 7th or 8th with a cruis-ey race, nothing to gain forward and no threat from behind today Mercedes should have had a 7th & 8th easily today.

MS himself admitted it was his fault. He's going to check better next time! ;)

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 18:35
Unless it was Lewis of course.

Of course

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 18:38
To say it was the most boring race some have ever seen, that strikes me that you can't have watched many races. If you have been a viewer for even 3 seasons, there have been races with less action, less excitement and less interest.

I thought it was the 2nd best Valencia GP Ive watched.

i_max2k2
26th June 2011, 21:12
No donkeys, what happened with MS was a racing incident, funny part was he overtook a force India while limping to the pits.

steveaki13
26th June 2011, 22:54
I am not sure what the difference was between Schumachers tag with Petrov and Di Resta's with Heidfeld in Canada.

N. Jones
27th June 2011, 01:16
Chewbacca - is he channeling the spirit of Takuma Sato?

keysersoze
27th June 2011, 01:26

Knowing your disdain for Petrov, I read your comment as sarcasm.

Yes, out of the pits on cold(er) tires, and Vitaly on the racing line (you DO realize Vitaly was on the racing line, yes?), Michael had no business sticking his nose in there.

He gets the donkey today, which is not unlike many races this season.

Vitaly gets the other donkey for being a stone off the line, and getting beat by three inferior cars (Force India, Williams, and Toro Rosso) and almost a fourth (Koba in the Sauber).

Rollo
27th June 2011, 02:35

+1

If they want to hold a GP in Valencia, what's wrong with Circuit Ricardo Tormo?

The Valencia Street Circuit is as dull as the Phoenix Street Circuit which was abandoned after 3 years... here's hoping!

I am evil Homer
27th June 2011, 09:49
Bernie
HRT
Stewards, or whoever thought letting the HRT mobile chicances race on this circuit was a good idea

The Black Knight
27th June 2011, 10:03
I got to go with Schumacher for the bash with Petrov. It was a rookie's error.

CaptainRaiden
27th June 2011, 10:04
Schumacher hands down. Bonehead move trying to block or overtake or whatever he was trying to do on cold tyres to Petrov who was on the racing line. Funny some people calling it a racing incident. Would've crucified Hamilton if he pulled off the same move.

Retro Formula 1
27th June 2011, 11:26
It was a small error from Schumy but everyones capable of a minor cock-up like that so no Donkey.

Bernie needs shooting for this circuit but even he doesn't get the Donkey award (would be unfair to Donkeys everywhere).

The award for me goes to Pirelli. I think they have done a great job this year and have produced a limited mileage tyre that conforms to the parameters given to them. However, the tyre should be able to be pushed as hard as possible during the race until it wears out. I thought the idea was that if you pushed 100% then they last a lap or two less until going over the cliff but if you nursed them, you could eek them out. What we saw this weekend was a tyre on a minimum stress circuit that was having to be tippy-toe'd around to keep it working.

Come on Pirelli. Sort it out because I think McLaren could have been up there mixing it today and you have earned a Donkey tag.

wedge
27th June 2011, 13:50
+1

If they want to hold a GP in Valencia, what's wrong with Circuit Ricardo Tormo?

The Valencia Street Circuit is as dull as the Phoenix Street Circuit which was abandoned after 3 years... here's hoping!

Personally I don't particularly like Circuit Ricardo Tormo. It's fine for bikes and touring cars but not thoroughbred race cars with bigger HP and DF.

Who can forget Phoenix?

YouTube - ‪Ayrton Senna vs Jean Alesi F1 1990 USA GP‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jye3mBc8L24)

ShiftingGears
27th June 2011, 14:02
Karthikeyan for getting in everyones way and being obscenely slow. Also the Valencia circuit, for being crap.

ioan
27th June 2011, 19:02
Knowing your disdain for Petrov, I read your comment as sarcasm.

Yes, out of the pits on cold(er) tires, and Vitaly on the racing line (you DO realize Vitaly was on the racing line, yes?), Michael had no business sticking his nose in there.

He gets the donkey today, which is not unlike many races this season.

Vitaly gets the other donkey for being a stone off the line, and getting beat by three inferior cars (Force India, Williams, and Toro Rosso) and almost a fourth (Koba in the Sauber).

You've read it wrong son, I was squarely aiming it at MS and he said it himself that it was his mistake.

ioan
27th June 2011, 19:03
Schumacher hands down. Bonehead move trying to block or overtake or whatever he was trying to do on cold tyres to Petrov who was on the racing line. Funny some people calling it a racing incident. Would've crucified Hamilton if he pulled off the same move.

Did your Hamilton altar break or somethin'? :laugh:

CaptainRaiden
27th June 2011, 19:22
Did your Hamilton altar break or somethin'? :laugh:

Sadly yes, although you could give me pointers on how to fortify it bulletproof like your Schumacher altar/temple/recreation zone thingy...

keysersoze
27th June 2011, 19:22
You've read it wrong son, I was squarely aiming it at MS and he said it himself that it was his mistake.

Then you wrote it wrong child. Saying that someone needs to "steer clear" of an object implies that said object is a danger. :rolleyes:

Retro Formula 1
27th June 2011, 20:02
Sadly yes, although you could give me pointers on how to fortify it bulletproof like your Schumacher altar/temple/recreation zone thingy...

I don't think ioan is offering warranties on the Alters after his Ferrari one spontaneously exploded recently :D

ioan
27th June 2011, 20:28

Impossible cause Hamilton will never make it to MS levels! :D

ioan
27th June 2011, 20:29
Then you wrote it wrong child. Saying that someone needs to "steer clear" of an object implies that said object is a danger. :rolleyes:

And it wasn't a danger to him, baby? You can never please some. LOL

ioan
27th June 2011, 20:30
I don't think ioan is offering warranties on the Alters after his Ferrari one spontaneously exploded recently :D

It was sabotaged! :p

CaptainRaiden
27th June 2011, 20:42
Impossible cause Hamilton will never make it to MS levels! :D

Ah yes, you're right. He still has to take out two championship rivals and park at La Rascasse to reach MS levels. ;)

keysersoze
27th June 2011, 20:52
And it wasn't a danger to him, baby? You can never please some. LOL

Embryo, the danger was to Petrov, but as in the case of Michael's attempt to take at Jacques in Portugal '97, he only hurt himself.

Shifter
28th June 2011, 01:26
Schumacher. I look at the move like a late pass to the inside that didn't work. Not that it was incredibly dumb, but if we're handing out a donkey award for Valencia, "that'll do", because no one did something dumber.

ioan
28th June 2011, 19:16
What, cruising around the midfield crashing into Renaults? Nah Hamilton is cruising around the top 4 crashing into them instead. :D

Call me when Hamilton wins another WDC, let alone 6 more. :wave:

ioan
28th June 2011, 19:19
Embryo, the danger was to Petrov, but as in the case of Michael's attempt to take at Jacques in Portugal '97, he only hurt himself.

Logically next level should be me calling you a spermatozoon, however I won't now that I found out the level of a Petrov fan (and MS hater obviously). :laugh:

steveaki13
28th June 2011, 20:35

When I read Ioans post I interprepted it as an honest view that it was Schumi's fault.

Ari
29th June 2011, 02:24
No Donkey for mine! I'd say Hamilton for his "I cant go slower, I can't go faster" comments.... but I think he's been riding the donkey enough of late so I'll cut him a little slack. ;)

airshifter
29th June 2011, 04:58
I would have said MS, but the move wasn't really at that bad and I think he just misjudged it. Plus he made a pass with the nose hanging off the front of the car, that "undonkeys" him. :)

SGWilko
29th June 2011, 09:45
Logically next level should be me calling you a spermatozoon, however I won't now that I found out the level of a Petrov fan (and MS hater obviously). :laugh:

And level before that - twinkle in the eye? ;)

555-04Q2
29th June 2011, 14:21
There weren't rreally any donkey's at Valencia. Maybe an honourable mention for The Shoe losing his front wing leaving the pits, otherwise a pretty uneventfull race!

Garry Walker
29th June 2011, 21:58
The Circuit.
Who was the C*** who designed this circuit (it was a rhethorical question) ?

i_max2k2
30th June 2011, 03:14
The circuit, and FIA for keeping 2 drs zones with one activation point.