PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to have "news feed links" on the Chit Chat forum?

Jag_Warrior
25th June 2011, 02:02
I'm not sure of the technical term, but I see that in the various racing forums there are links to news stories for the given series. Would it be possible to do the same thing in Chit Chat... maybe global news, business, tech stories, etc.?

BTW, what powers the news feeds in the forums? I mean, what is the source? It's a very cool feature which I like VERY much. :up:

Mark
25th June 2011, 18:08
Yeah that should be possible. It all works using RSS, so if a site has an RSS feed then it can be included on the forum.

Jag_Warrior
25th June 2011, 18:50
Hmm... how about Bloomberg, Reuters, BBC or maybe the tech site that Daniel told me about, Engadget, I believe it was called? But to be honest, I just went to Google News and saw that it's got an RSS feed. Would it be easier to just filter that feed by "top global stories" and bring that in?

I just thought this might be a way to bring forth some new topics of discussion for us. That way we (especially us Americans) wouldn't be bringing up the same tired old crap every day in Chit Chat.

Thanks for the reply.

Mark
25th June 2011, 19:02
Global stories from google news sounds like a good plan!