5. Salom Apr
6. Vazquez Derbi
7. Folger Apr
8. Terol Apr
9, Gadea Apr
10 Kent Apr

NinjaMaster
25th June 2011, 08:41
So Ducati and Rossi have conceded defeat with the GP11 and gambled on running the 2012 bike with an 800cc motor. Be interesting to see if it is a development help or hinderance next year. I reckon Hayden will be keen to beat Vale having been overlooked for the new bike. Crutchlow's effort to qualify 6th is amazing and Abraham continues on his impressive debut season.
Looking at the list of times for qualifying, Simoncelli is comfortably the fastest rider running lot's of 1.34s with Spies running a few and Stoner not able to get below the 1.35s. Surely he must at least podium today?

Rod Richardson
25th June 2011, 09:39
Simoncelli will hopefully go well and I'm rather chuffed to see Spies ahead of Lorenzo.
Ducati is obviously resigned to the fact that the Hondas and Yamahas are quicker this year and is focusing on the development of the 2012 bike.

markabilly
25th June 2011, 16:11
Yeah YOU GOT IT, Ben.

YESIR

:D :D

Meanwhile, Stupidsillie, do what he do best: Stupid crashes into leading riders :rolleyes:
maybe all that girlie hair stuffed into his helmet pops down over his eyes.

Ban the ......., before he kills somebody :dozey:

ryan92
25th June 2011, 16:41
Meanwhile, Stupidsillie, do what he do best: Stupid crashes into leading riders :rolleyes:

Ban the ......., before he kills somebody :dozey:

I would rather Simoncelli was not banned. You forget that Stoner crashed alot in his younger days and look at him now, one of the best in the world.

Rod Richardson
25th June 2011, 23:02
MOTO GP

Well, surprise..... surprise........great ride by Elbows.....Lorenzo the victim of Assassincelli.........again! If he continues being involved in these "racing incidents" he may warrant a forced rest from a race or two

1, Spies Yamaha Factory Racing
2. Stoner Repsol Honda ......................Points 136
3. Dovisioso Repsol Honda.................Points 99
4. Rossi Ducati Team...........................Points 81
5. Hayden Ducati Team........................Points 71
6. Lorenzo Yamaha Factory..................Points 108
7. Edwards Monster Yamaha
8. Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini
9, Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini
10 Elias Lcr Honda Moto
11 Gp Bautista Rizla Suzuki Moto Gp
12 Barbera Mapfre Aspar Team Moto Gp Ducati
13 Akiyoshi San Carlo Honda
14 Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3

MOTO 2

Good to see West in 4th spot but MZ still needs to find a second per lap

1, Marquez
2. Suter Sofuoglu Suter
3. Smith Tech 3
4. West Mz-Re
5. De Angelis Motobi
6. Pasini Ftr
7. Rabat Ftr
8. Luthi Suter
9, Krummenacher Kalex
10 Neukerchner Mz-Re

125CC

1, Vinales Apr
2. Salom Apr
3. Gadea Apr
4. Cortese Apr
5. Zarco Derbi
6. Kent Apr
7. Folger Apr
8. Vazquez Derbi
9, Schrotter Mahindri
10 Faubel Apr

NinjaMaster
26th June 2011, 11:28
Well great work by The Ben, he rode the perfect race. It (his first win) was always coming, just a matter of time and it will be interesting to see if this is the start of regular wins for him or just more occasional success. Stoner rode a very smart race especially after seeing the first lap 'incident'. His 28 point title lead is more indicative of his dominance of the class this year. Dovizioso is keeping his consistent season going and will really be giving the HRC hierarchy something to think about for their factory riders next year. Rossi, well it was another flattering solid-though-unspectacular ride to good points. He should be stronger at Mugello where they've tested the 2012 Ducati before. Pretty much ditto for Hayden but without the potential improvement of riding the 2012 model yet. Lorenzo rode like a man possessed to his sixth place and he must be seething with Simoncelli. Whilst it was nothing more than just a racing incident, that Marco has made soo many mistakes this year must be of concern for his employer and really disconcerting for those riding with him. Marco needs to stop making excuses and shedding blame to bad luck and start accepting responsibility for his mistakes and learn from them to improve.
It was a shame to see Cal and Colin have their problems during their strong races and for RdP and Abraham to crash. Hopefully Karel is ok, he looked hurt.

My theory is that he's run out of room in his helmet for his hair so it's now growing inside his head!

I would rather Simoncelli was not banned. You forget that Stoner crashed alot in his younger days and look at him now, one of the best in the world.

Whilst I agree that I don't want Simoncelli banned - yet - the difference between he and Stoner is that by Casey's second year of MotoGP he largely stopped crashing, Simoncelli appears to have gotten worse. He's been shown up this year by 16-year-old Maverick Vinales for racecraft and I think he could really do to have a mentor to sit him down and teach him what he clearly isn't learning.

patnicholls
27th June 2011, 00:19
Really enjoyed the weekend's race, as always with Assen (even though it's not as good as before it got butchered a few years ago).

The 125s was shaping up to be a classic for a bit, like a few years ago when they were always very close. Danny Kent was doing excellently, and should still be well-pleased with sixth as he's on an (older) RSW compared with all the other guys at the front [his team-mate Folger is on the current RSA]. Mightily impressed again with Maverick Vinales, he looks like the genuine article.

Moto2 was a interesting race, very pleased for Kenan to finally get a result representative of his talent and Bradders to again put in a storming performance on machinery that I wouldn't necessarily have predicted to be *consistently* up the front. Marquez was very impressive now he's stopped crashing - it's not taken long - and being second in the standings with just three results shows that someone needs to get some consistency to take it to Bradl, if they're going to.

MotoGP - very pleased for The Ben, well deserved win and one of the nicest guys in the paddock. A victory for the dry amongst us everywhere! I'm certainly not Marco's biggest fan but if that crash was anyone but him at the minute, no-one would have batted an eyelid and just said it was a racing incident [no-one was calling for Valentino to be banned after he took Casey out at Jerez, for instance]. The MotoGP site reports Karel Abraham (impressive debut season) is OK, although it did look like he was holding his hand - with any luck he'll be fine for Mugello.

Assen and Mugello in the space of a week - yes please! :)

Arjuna
27th June 2011, 10:15
My theory is that he's run out of room in his helmet for his hair so it's now growing inside his head!

Whilst I agree that I don't want Simoncelli banned - yet - the difference between he and Stoner is that by Casey's second year of MotoGP he largely stopped crashing, Simoncelli appears to have gotten worse. He's been shown up this year by 16-year-old Maverick Vinales for racecraft and I think he could really do to have a mentor to sit him down and teach him what he clearly isn't learning. :)
Another difference, Stoner mainly crashed out individually, barely it involved other riders to be out along with him. Sim is supposed to ride with some improvements in the second year of motogp. I don't want to see him banned either, but rather want to see him stops crashing on others in a bike as competitive as Rossi, and see both of them with some tension being at the front challenging title. The have resemblance of characteristic, strong motivation - as much I see them good friend they must prove themselves who is the best rider at the track.

TheFamousEccles
28th June 2011, 04:20
Simoncelli needs a visit to the hall of mirrors. A racing incident - well yes, I agree, but much like Rossi taking out Stoner earlier in the year, a rookie mistake that could have been avoided if the lad had an ounce of patience! I was a supporter for the Kiddie, but my patience is wearing thin - he's not that good to warrant indulgence for ongoing un-controlled red mist episodes. If he had taken out another HRC rider instead of Lorenzo, my guess is the bosses at Honda might not have been so charitable.

scaliwag
30th June 2011, 15:52
Simoncelli needs a visit to the hall of mirrors. A racing incident - well yes, I agree, but much like Rossi taking out Stoner earlier in the year, a rookie mistake that could have been avoided if the lad had an ounce of patience! I was a supporter for the Kiddie, but my patience is wearing thin - he's not that good to warrant indulgence for ongoing un-controlled red mist episodes. If he had taken out another HRC rider instead of Lorenzo, my guess is the bosses at Honda might not have been so charitable.

I hear what you guys say, however I don’t agree with your views, Simo is a racer he will pass inside or outside it makes no difference to him, one thing I am convinced of is that Simo is a winner, and, he will go for it at every opportunity and I admire him for that, in fact if he survives the opprobrium being unjustly heaped on his head by certain of his competitors and the paid lackeys in the media he just might be the champ one day.

Corny
30th June 2011, 22:11
is that Simo is a winner
He is far from with his stupid actions.

he just might be the champ one day.
Then he should change a LOT first.. Champions need to be consistent

Don't get me wrong, like these hard racers but in way too many of his 'cases' there's absolutely no need in it.

Rod Richardson
30th June 2011, 23:30
I don't think anyone would doubt Simoncelli's potential to be a race winner at this level but he has to stay on the bloody bike to achieve that. Crashing in 4 out of 7 races and taking out aliens thus affecting or ruining their championship aspirations not to mention the injuries they could suffer, is not the way to impress your team, sponsors, Honda, the FIM.or Dorna (especially if the collateral damage involves Spaniards)..

"Oppropriium" (conduct considered outrageously shameful conduct)........mmmmmmmmmm.........