PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Corn Indy 250

DanicaFan
23rd June 2011, 13:12
Race 9 of 18

Race - Iowa Corn Indy 250

Location - Iowa Speedway, Newton, Iowa

Date - Saturday, June 25th

Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show-Saturday, June 25th-8:00PM - Race Start -9:00PM Versus

Course Type - 1 (7/8 exact) Mile Oval

Distance - 250 Laps / 250 Miles

Practice Sessions - Friday, June 24th - 1:00PM-2:15 & 8:30-9:15PM Eastern

Qualifications - Friday, June 24th - 5:15-6:00PM Eastern

2010 Pole Sitter - #12 Will Power -181.337 mph

2010 Winner - #11 Tony Kanaan

DanicaFan
23rd June 2011, 13:13
Sorry Im late guys. I started a new 3rd shift job, been very busy.

And yes, I am super proud of Danica. She showed how good she is on the ovals. Drove a great race. I expect to see her on the podium for sure in this race. Go #7 !!!

DanicaFan
23rd June 2011, 13:14
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IowaSpeedway_1.jpg

DanicaFan
23rd June 2011, 13:17
2010 Race Facts..

Length of Race - 1 hour, 42 minutes, 12 seconds
Average Speed - 131.205 mph
Margin Of Victory - 4.2030 seconds
Lead Changes - 16 Times Among 7 Drivers
Caution Laps - 51 laps for 4 cautions
Fastest Lap - #10 Dario Franchitti -Lap #21 - 178.589 mph

DanicaFan
23rd June 2011, 13:21
Entry List

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/iowaentrylist.jpg

Anubis
23rd June 2011, 14:17
Sorry Im late guys. I started a new 3rd shift job, been very busy.

And yes, I am super proud of Danica. She showed how good she is on the ovals. Drove a great race. I expect to see her on the podium for sure in this race. Go #7 !!!

She showed how good she is on ovals by finishing behind four other people for an average oval result thus far of 9.75? She deserves credit for finishing all the races, but that's solid rather than spectacular. She's yet to actually compete for a pole, podium or win this season and I can't really see that changing.

EagleEye
23rd June 2011, 20:54
She showed how good she is on ovals by finishing behind four other people for an average oval result thus far of 9.75? She deserves credit for finishing all the races, but that's solid rather than spectacular. She's yet to actually compete for a pole, podium or win this season and I can't really see that changing.

She benefitted from others dropping out (Kanaan, Viso, RHR) and those who had issues (HCN, Sato). On most restarts she did her usual big lift entering turn one....

DF's claim that she is an oval hot shoe, is false. She was no quicker than 11th best in practice, qualfiifed 16th, and set the 16th fastest lap in the race. As usual, cars falling out, having issues and good calls by her team moved her up.

Wilf
24th June 2011, 00:00
She benefitted from others dropping out (Kanaan, Viso, RHR) and those who had issues (HCN, Sato). On most restarts she did her usual big lift entering turn one....

DF's claim that she is an oval hot shoe, is false. She was no quicker than 11th best in practice, qualfiifed 16th, and set the 16th fastest lap in the race. As usual, cars falling out, having issues and good calls by her team moved her up.

Andretti Autosport clearly has problems: Marco was 6th in the first practice and was never better than 13th and the two later practices; DP was 13, 14 and 11; RHR actually was pretty good with 12, 5 and 5 before hitting the wall in one on the first lap; Mike Conway was all over the place as 11, 22 and 16. They clearly need figure out the engineering and you can see the frustration on the drivers as they get out of the car.

The key is to finish when you don't have a top notch car. She finishes races when others do not. When she has a car she is comfortable in hustling she will dice with the best like she did at Homestead last year with TK. It would be nice to see that more often just like it would be nice to see AA cars do better in qualifying as a whole.

Chris R
24th June 2011, 03:05
The key is to finish when you don't have a top notch car. She finishes races when others do not. When she has a car she is comfortable in hustling she will dice with the best like she did at Homestead last year with TK. It would be nice to see that more often just like it would be nice to see AA cars do better in qualifying as a whole.

This pretty well sums up Danica as a driver and why bashing her is getting almost as old as DF endless optimism about her.... She is good enough to be in the series. She is not good enough to be a constant winner or contend for the championship.... She is a "b" driver and that is pretty respectable in my book...

Now, making fun of "the brand" is another story entirely :-)

Jag_Warrior
24th June 2011, 09:49
This pretty well sums up Danica as a driver and why bashing her is getting almost as old as DF endless optimism about her.... She is good enough to be in the series. She is not good enough to be a constant winner or contend for the championship.... She is a "b" driver and that is pretty respectable in my book...

Now, making fun of "the brand" is another story entirely :-)

+1

Great post!

beachbum
24th June 2011, 13:08

Now, making fun of "the brand" is another story entirely :-)IMHO, many fans have trouble separating Danica the racer from Danica the brand. The assessment of Danica the racer is pretty accurate although I would suggest she is only respectable on ovals. She is more back of the pack on road courses.

As for the "brand", the hype is wearing thin

00steven
24th June 2011, 17:05
I'm sick of Danica talk. Why is it that when we have a great points battle between one of the best open wheel racers ever (Dario Franchitti) and a future great in Will Power, that we have to talk about someone who won't even win a race?

Chris R
24th June 2011, 17:09
I'm sick of Danica talk. Why is it that when we have a great points battle between one of the best open wheel racers ever (Dario Franchitti) and a future great in Will Power, that we have to talk about someone who won't even win a race?

good point, although I would question if Dario is one of the "best ever" - not trying to take anything away from him just not sure he has attained that level quite yet (he could) - either way, it is a good battle between to great driver and perhaps more notable yet, two GREAT teams...... they should be pumping this one up....

Chris R
24th June 2011, 17:15
the problem is, however, neither drivers nor teams really stirs the passion.... both teams are almost machine like good - it is much easier to cheer for Sam Schmidt than Chip or Roger.... Both Dario and Will seem like decent enough guys - but really the most you can say about either one is that you can complain (whine??) about how they can get a little whiny from time to time.... neither one has a really "out there" personality and really anytime any driver shows some humanity they get slammed for being "unprofessional" or something similar... If these two were smart, they'd sit down in a secluded place and work out a really juicy "rivalry" that they can sit down and laugh about over a beer in 10 years..... It does need to be nasty - it needs to be fun....

00steven
24th June 2011, 19:07
I think fans like Dario's personality. And I say ONE of the best ever, not saying he's on the same level as Mario, A.J., Mears, or the Unser's. But I do believe he's a top 20 driver of all time.

harvick#1
24th June 2011, 19:17
end of the discussion with Danica, some people still act like shes a rookie, well she's not, been in indaycar for 6 years now!!!! she finished 5th through attrition, much like all her other results.

hoping Iowa is a good race, but hoping its not one of the richmond snoozers that we used to see.

Hoop-98
24th June 2011, 23:13
Sato-Patrick front row

http://i51.tinypic.com/k15h04.jpg

DanicaFan
24th June 2011, 23:27
Congrats to Danica for qualifying P2.. Enough of the naysayers now. The girl is on her way to a victory!!!

Hoop-98
24th June 2011, 23:32
She did set fastest time...

TURN3
24th June 2011, 23:34
Congrats to Danica for qualifying P2.. Enough of the naysayers now. The girl is on her way to a victory!!!

Yep, enough of the naysayers. All those that can count on 1 hand the front row starts this hack has had. She's on her way to about a 10th place finish so long as she doesn't crash anybody whilst getting freight-trained Sat night.

Alfa Fan
24th June 2011, 23:51
She'll be in the wall with Sato turn 1. Guaranteed.

FormerFF
24th June 2011, 23:53
Yep, enough of the naysayers. All those that can count on 1 hand the front row starts this hack has had. She's on her way to about a 10th place finish so long as she doesn't crash anybody whilst getting freight-trained Sat night.

Well, you could be gracious and let DF celebrate his driver on being on the the front row, but no...

TURN3
25th June 2011, 01:51
Well, you could be gracious and let DF celebrate his driver on being on the the front row, but no...

The funny thing is that in the extremely rare event she actually does do something good, a few of her fans have to ruin it for her. She wouldn't be nearly as polarizing if it weren't for people like that. I caught the end of the VS telecast and it was telling how each one of the commentators were shocked. When you've been racing for one of the best teams for 6+ years and a front row start is that shocking, it says a lot wouldn't you agree? But no, we're all just naysayers.

00steven
25th June 2011, 02:13
Hell of a job by Sato, he's been doing really well lately.

beachbum
25th June 2011, 02:30
I will give DF his moment of glory. That was a heck of a run to 2nd. She and Sato were about the only ones who had a setup that could keep the car low.

But things returned mostly to normal in last practice. DP was 19th, and most of the usual suspects were in the top half. But Ed quickest? Didn't see that coming. Ana in 9th? She has very quietly been running well lately.

With the top 18 all within .2 seconds, it should be quite a race. Even the slowest - Saavedra - is only .4 off Ed

TURN3
25th June 2011, 02:39
I watch Sato's run on TV and he really pinched that car down ALL the way around. Very impressive indeed but the first thing that came to my mind is he'll pinch it too hard 1 time in the race and Sato out of the race.

Leo Krupe
25th June 2011, 02:44
What?! Sato on the pole and DP 2nd?! Holy mackerel! I'm not a fan of the short ovals, but I'll be watching this one.

NickFalzone
25th June 2011, 03:43
I watch Sato's run on TV and he really pinched that car down ALL the way around. Very impressive indeed but the first thing that came to my mind is he'll pinch it too hard 1 time in the race and Sato out of the race.

I have to believe this is a situation where the quals cars will be quite different from the racetrim cars. That is not to take anything away from Sato and Danica, who have both semi impressed me at points this season. However, I would not be surprised if there was a big incident up front in lap 1, and also I expect Penske and Ganassi to be up front within 20 laps. It's a shame Scheckter aint there, he'd be a fun one to watch the first few laps after each restart.

Wilf
25th June 2011, 03:46
When you've been racing for one of the best teams for 6+ years and a front row start is that shocking, it says a lot wouldn't you agree? But no, we're all just naysayers.

AA hasn't been one of the best team for nearly 3 years but if that floats your boat and you want to compare within the team go ahead, she is in front of all of her teammates not only in qualifying at Iowa but in season points. Yes you are naysayer. Let Danicafan have his day;we go to the road/street courses next and that will be a different story.

numanoid
25th June 2011, 04:11
I have to believe this is a situation where the quals cars will be quite different from the racetrim cars. That is not to take anything away from Sato and Danica, who have both semi impressed me at points this season. However, I would not be surprised if there was a big incident up front in lap 1, and also I expect Penske and Ganassi to be up front within 20 laps. It's a shame Scheckter aint there, he'd be a fun one to watch the first few laps after each restart.

Hard to expect Penske up front with their lackluster cars during qualification. I'm a Danica fan and it's great to see her up front. I'm a realist though and don't expect her to finish there. Just not a risk taker.

Sato on the pole the week of his Dad's funeral is one of those great stories. I wish him well in the Race. "Doing it for dad" is always a big deal. Great to see TK up there too.

garyshell
25th June 2011, 04:23
What the hell happened to Dixon?

Gary

harvick#1
25th June 2011, 06:14
What the hell happened to Dixon?

Gary

I'd say almost lost it on lap one, either driving in too hard and no gripping, or almost losing it off the corner

DanicaFan
25th June 2011, 12:42
Danica will win this race. May I never post on this forum again if she doesnt.

anthonyvop
25th June 2011, 15:04

We will miss you optimism!!!!

SarahFan
25th June 2011, 15:55
We will miss you optimism!!!!

You mean I not we ...... Please speak for your self

banshee74
25th June 2011, 15:59
I'll make another prediction....if you watch Danica on restarts, she usually loses 2-5 positions in the next lap/laps. Restarts are one of the best indicators of the aggressiveness of a driver. Sooooo.....by lap 5 she'll be running tenth or worse.

00steven
25th June 2011, 16:08

I'll miss you. You always give me something to chuckle about.

Leo Krupe
25th June 2011, 16:44
I do respect a man who has the courage of his convictions.

Chris R
25th June 2011, 17:01
don't forget, it is contract time for Danica - many drivers find untapped talent during contract time..... it could happen....... It isn't really likely but.......

Jag_Warrior
25th June 2011, 18:40
Maybe The Danica got the news that GoDaddy Bob was selling out to the cost cutters at KKR. Best that she show Henry and the boys that she's worth keeping.

Jokes aside... I didn't watch qualifying and I don't know what happened for Sato and Patrick to be on the front row (an anomaly, I suspect). But even though I don't care for either of them, I feel that any dog should be given its due if it manages to catch a rabbit. So the crash test dummy and the princess are up front. Good on them. Their fans should savor the moment though, cause I doubt it'll be there once the checkered flag falls.

harvick#1
25th June 2011, 18:53
does this include the nascar forum as well DF :D

DanicaFan
26th June 2011, 00:09
I believe in Danica. I think she will win this one.

Phoenixent
26th June 2011, 01:01
I believe in Danica. I think she will win this one.

Don't forget you Promise.......

Just trying to keep you honest.....

Alfa Fan
26th June 2011, 01:14
I'm so looking forward to this :)

Alfa Fan
26th June 2011, 01:54
Wheldon is owning the usual presenters!

Alfa Fan
26th June 2011, 02:01
Danica on a charge to the back!

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 02:15
http://i54.tinypic.com/p7iog.jpg

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 02:22
Beatriz and Conway tangle...

Servia and Helio move up. Kimball and Power collided in pits, Kimball got the worse.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2r5vwp4.jpg

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 02:46
Is this thing on?

call_me_andrew
26th June 2011, 02:56
Good crowd tonight. There were some big empty patches in the stands last year, but but it looks full tonight.

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 03:09
1/2 Way some hard hits but all walk..

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zw10m8.jpg

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 03:15
Hell-of-a -race right now wow Marco makes move of the race

harvick#1
26th June 2011, 03:19
dario right back, come on Sato!!!!!!!

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 03:20
Marco for a few, nope Franchitti

http://i55.tinypic.com/14cdtsj.jpg

Alfa Fan
26th June 2011, 03:33
Only 3 things are certain in life. Death, taxation and Sato crashes.

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 03:41
best race in a forever it seems.

harvick#1
26th June 2011, 03:41
wow, great fight going on for the lead, no one can break away really

Hoop-98
26th June 2011, 03:54
Awesome race !

http://i54.tinypic.com/21j93ps.jpg

Alfa Fan
26th June 2011, 03:55

Cheerio!

harvick#1
26th June 2011, 04:03
Marco wins a race for once in a 3+ years and hes too busy talking smack about TK, yep, has that Andretti smugness in him, much like Michael how he said how his boy schooled TK on the final pass that they were going back and forth for many laps

cos
26th June 2011, 04:15
Great race; shame for Sato being caught out on that T2 bump, and Servia for a dodgy final pitstop as those two would have posted good results otherwise.
Dario clearly backed out of the race for the win the final quarter, leaving Marco and Kanaan to battle it out. The fact that even Dixon couldn't catch them proves that Marco's win was one on merit, not on any dodgy fuel strategy. Danica will be disappointed - last of the three running Andretti cars.

00steven
26th June 2011, 04:26
Incredible drive by Marco, he truely earned it. The racing was fantastic, the stands were packed, and Indycar is as competitive as it's been in a long while.

00steven
26th June 2011, 04:29
Btw, Dan Wheldon is great on tv, He really freshens it up for VS.

Chris R
26th June 2011, 04:37
great race, great TV, just really enjoyable on many fronts..... get some people to watch that and the ratings have to get better..... somewhere in a trailer in NASCARville they are trying to figure out how to get their race to look like this one......

NickFalzone
26th June 2011, 05:09
I think tonight is the type of race that fans pay for/expect to see when they take off an evening to open up their wallet wide and watch IndyCars fight it out under the lights. These are the kinds of shows that coulld grow the sport, and the extended interviews with various leaders in the series post-race really draws in the casual fan. If VS could actually get into a decent number of households, this product could start generating a real fanbase. Unfortunately, it has been several years of less than thrilling races, often on an unknown sports station high up on the channel list. That VS is finally getting some good copromotion work from NBC (saw some CNBC promos/interviews for this race) and the racing is good, the commentator booth is good.. might be able to make to headway into a real fanbase for this type of racing.

TURN3
26th June 2011, 05:33

He is being held to this isn't he?

SarahFan
26th June 2011, 05:37
Is there anything more disappointing then getting homeand clicking the DVr and finding out the race didn't record!!!!????!!!

F@#K

anthonyvop
26th June 2011, 06:41
Btw, Dan Wheldon is great on tv, He really freshens it up for VS.

Thanks to Wheldon we event a new drinking game. To make watching a short oval race like Iowa bearable we take a shot of Bourbon every time he utters a racing cliche.

We were hammered by lap 20.....WooooooHooooo!!!

Hey Danicafan.....I, for one, am not holding you to your promise. I get the sarcasm in your posts and find it hilarious!!!

beachgirl
26th June 2011, 12:34
Marco wins a race for once in a 3+ years and hes too busy talking smack about TK, yep, has that Andretti smugness in him, much like Michael how he said how his boy schooled TK on the final pass that they were going back and forth for many laps

Actually, I really didn't hear Marco talking smack about TK. He said the racing with TK was great and he enjoyed it a lot. Michael, on the other hand, was his usual obnoxious self and HE was the one talking smack about TK. Move on, Michael, it's over, TK's gone from the team, you and Marco and Danica are happy about it, get over yourself. Marco did not "school" TK. If anything, TK schooled Marco on how it's really done, and that racing at the end was excellent.

Leo Krupe
26th June 2011, 13:54
I really enjoyed that one. Anyone see TK in the prerace show say something to the effect of "I'm going to be aggressive and fight for the lead and win, and not just drive around, ending up 5th or 6th?" What a dig on Danica!

Speaking of Danica, she started 2nd, immediately dropped to 4th, while the booth crew said, "Her team said it's okay if you lose a position or 2," but then she never did anything at all (except she did keep it off the wall). It was like she was scared of fighting for the lead.

Fantastic finish! Marco earned that one, and TK was right in there. Good rivalry.

Power's bell was rung hard in the crash. I'm not surprised he's got a mild concussion. He was not making any sense in his post crash interview....just saying, "Yeah, I mean...it was a hard crash...." Hope he's cleared to run in two weeks (and I say the same for Simona -- I missed her this race).

Bia's crash was disappointing, but at least she was working, and not just cruising like Da Princess.

SoCalPVguy
26th June 2011, 15:57

DP was never a factor. Could not hang with the leaders. Dropped on every restart.

Please be a man of your word and don't let the door hit ya ...

Wilf
26th June 2011, 18:21
Abbreviated replay is at 5 pm edt Monday on VERSUS. Can't let you miss this one!

Wilf
26th June 2011, 18:34
DP was never a factor. Could not hang with the leaders. Dropped on every restart.

Please be a man of your word and don't let the door hit ya ...

Where are you going to dump your vitriol without DanicaFan to dump on. :D

EagleEye
26th June 2011, 19:44

It will be such a better forum without your myoptic, non-fact based comments and observations. As one star driver told me earlier in the day about passing Danica, "If she does not block you, just get along side and say "boo"...she will drop right back. And such was the case.

We should vote who will now take over with the next race thread. Again, it is great to have such a devoted fan, but a bit scary to have such a factually challanged fan.

SoCalPVguy
26th June 2011, 20:11
Where are you going to dump your vitriol without DanicaFan to dump on. :D

Probably you !!! Nobody forced DF to make such a bold and drastic pronouncement. He made his offer on his own free will and should stick to it. As said above by the trusted poster EE, "It will be such a better forum without your myopic, non-fact based comments and observations" and I fully agree as do many others here.

Dr. Krogshöj
26th June 2011, 22:00
To make watching a short oval race like Iowa bearable

Huh? Iowa was by far the best race of the season with Milwaukee in second place. Can't wait for Loudon! I take short ovals over 1.5-milers any day!

What a great race it was. Andretti and KVRT Lotus finally on par with Ganassi and Penske, lots of passing, packed stands. (And heartbreak for me when Taku crashed and Oriol had the problem in the pits.)

Anubis
26th June 2011, 22:42
Probably you !!! Nobody forced DF to make such a bold and drastic pronouncement. He made his offer on his own free will and should stick to it. As said above by the trusted poster EE, "It will be such a better forum without your myopic, non-fact based comments and observations" and I fully agree as do many others here.

DanicaFan had a great thread. I'm proud of him...

anthonyvop
26th June 2011, 22:49
Huh? Iowa was by far the best race of the season with Milwaukee in second place. Can't wait for Loudon! I take short ovals over 1.5-milers any day!

That is you. I'll take a road course over ANY OVAL....and I do mean any!!!!

harvick#1
26th June 2011, 23:46

I'd rather see a Michigan, I'm not too sure about NHIS. I'm just surprised at how Iowa can have a race like this, but Richmond was the worst track they went too, they are near the same, but it does seem Rusty did build a great track

Dr. Krogshöj
27th June 2011, 00:05
I'd rather see a Michigan, I'm not too sure about NHIS. I'm just surprised at how Iowa can have a race like this, but Richmond was the worst track they went too, they are near the same, but it does seem Rusty did build a great track

I only saw two races from Richmond. 2009 was dull but all the other oval races were dull that year until a rule change. 2008 was alright, although not as good as Iowa this year. The difference may be the banking, Iowa has progressive banking ranging from 12° to 14°.

nigelred5
27th June 2011, 11:58
Is there anything more disappointing then getting homeand clicking the DVr and finding out the race didn't record!!!!????!!!

F@#K

You must have that "New, UPGRADED Comcast DVR menu" system that is totally awful.
I have to agree, That was a great race.

It may look like Richmond from the air, but the high banking of IOWA makes it dramatically different for Indycars. It really is a testamant to the track design they can regularly go 3 wide on such a short track. I do kind of like Wheldon in the booth, if for no other reason than he takes about 75% of the airtime away from Bob Jenkins ( he referred to "JR" Hinchcliffe at least twice) That Danny boy likes to talk!

chuck34
27th June 2011, 13:18
I said this in the Dan Wheldon thread too, but I'll say it here. I'm liking Dan in the booth, and the pit walk he and Miller did was fantastic. Now if the production crew could get the timing of the camara switched right, it'd be even better.

That was really the best race I've seen in a while, great TV, great racing, and great crowd. Hope to see more shows (on and off track) like that. If we get that maybe we'll be able to start picking up some fans?

wedge
27th June 2011, 13:28
Man, never know vapours trails could grow that long! Looked like at least over a yard or two.

What a race! Congrats to Golden Boy.

Feel bad for Sato. OK so he was probably wearing his donkey helmet on and to be fair he wasn't the only to be caught out on the bumps but Taku is getting the hang of this oval malarkey.

I am evil Homer
27th June 2011, 15:27
Really enjoyed that race, some hard but fair racing. Bit gutted for TK but Marco drive superbly.

Hildebrand is coming on well too

Chris R
27th June 2011, 15:39
Man, never know vapours trails could grow that long! Looked like at least over a yard or two.

What a race! Congrats to Golden Boy.

Feel bad for Sato. OK so he was probably wearing his donkey helmet on and to be fair he wasn't the only to be caught out on the bumps but Taku is getting the hang of this oval malarkey.

yeah, that was pretty cool....

dataman1
27th June 2011, 15:40
Nobody seems to make a point about the turn 2 bump. It has been there for as long as ICS has raced there. Why don't they fix it? Surely the amount of cash spent on all the car repairs would have covered the cost of the bump repair. I guess driver safety is just lip service given only to chassis changes. Time to make them fix the track while they negotiate the new contract.

Chris R
27th June 2011, 15:41
Really enjoyed that race, some hard but fair racing. Bit gutted for TK but Marco drive superbly.

Hildebrand is coming on well too

yes, I love to bash Marco - but he did a great job - he seemed to know he needed to get the job done... Here's hoping he has turned a corner and is actually ready to be in the series instead of spending 5 years in the series learning the ropes instead of cutting his teeth in the lower series....

nigelred5
27th June 2011, 20:20
Nobody seems to make a point about the turn 2 bump. It has been there for as long as ICS has raced there. Why don't they fix it? Surely the amount of cash spent on all the car repairs would have covered the cost of the bump repair. I guess driver safety is just lip service given only to chassis changes. Time to make them fix the track while they negotiate the new contract.

I agree, they should at least ASK for it to be fixed, but apparently at least a few of the drivers ahve managed to drive around it... not everyone was cought by it.

call_me_andrew
28th June 2011, 02:27
Fix it? It's the best part of the track!

DanicaFan
28th June 2011, 13:06
I do want to say I was excited to see Marco Andretti win that race. It's great for him and the Andretti Team. I really thought Danica would win this race but unfortunately the restarts is what hurt her.

banshee74
28th June 2011, 15:28
I do want to say I was excited to see Marco Andretti win that race. It's great for him and the Andretti Team. I really thought Danica would win this race but unfortunately the restarts is what hurt her.

TOLD YA.......prior to the race I said.."I'll make another prediction....if you watch Danica on restarts, she usually loses 2-5 positions in the next lap/laps. Restarts are one of the best indicators of the aggressiveness of a driver. Sooooo.....by lap 5 she'll be running tenth or worse." She lacks the aggression to be a real racer. I just don't understand why she gets the attention she does....it's certainly not driving ability.

SarahFan
28th June 2011, 16:14

????

Hoop-98
28th June 2011, 16:43
TOLD YA.......prior to the race I said.."I'll make another prediction....if you watch Danica on restarts, she usually loses 2-5 positions in the next lap/laps. Restarts are one of the best indicators of the aggressiveness of a driver. Sooooo.....by lap 5 she'll be running tenth or worse." She lacks the aggression to be a real racer. I just don't understand why she gets the attention she does....it's certainly not driving ability.

Just for clarity on Danica and restarts, there were 6 starts/restarts, looking at position after 5 laps.

Start -2
Lap 33 -3
Lap 64 +3
Lap 107 0
Lap 129 -1
Lap 199 0

Net for 6 starts -3 or -.5 per start.

rh

Wilf
28th June 2011, 22:40
There you go, ruining another great theory. Hoop, shame on you. You constantly throw the cold water of truth on really good fires. :)

TURN3
28th June 2011, 23:18

"Man" of your word I see.

Hoop-98
29th June 2011, 00:22
lol, its my curiosity, they shouldn't make lap charts!

nigelred5
29th June 2011, 13:10
You're probably one of those guys that sits at the ballpark with mustard all over your shirt because you're too busy keeping the box scores.

Hoop-98
29th June 2011, 14:17
I will have a 4 channel stop watch and a scanner!

Baseball or racing I'm more of a Sabermetrics guy.

The Sabermetric Manifesto by David Grabiner (1994)[2] begins:
Bill James defined sabermetrics as "the search for objective knowledge about baseball." Thus, sabermetrics attempts to answer objective questions about baseball, such as "which player on the Red Sox contributed the most to the team's offense?" or "How many home runs will Ken Griffey hit next year?" It cannot deal with the subjective judgments which are also important to the game, such as "Who is your favorite player?" or "That was a great game."

Metrics are for after the contest, but I'll get mustard on my shirt anyways :)

rh