PDA

View Full Version : Differing Support Trackside and on the Forums

Darlo
21st June 2011, 13:18
I realise this may well be controversial but just wanted to throw it out there and see what people think?

Rightly or wrongly, Plato gets a lot of stick on the forums, whether it be to do with his driving, outspokenness etc. often from fans of his chief rival Matt Neal.

However, trackside, there is far more support. Whenever he puts a move on Matt Neal, or if Matt crashes/makes a mistake there is a huge roar around the circuit which isn't replicated to the same magnitude if the roles are reversed.

Mark
21st June 2011, 14:36
I guess the majority of people trackside don't read forums, either this or others.

Captain VXR
21st June 2011, 17:40
I realise this may well be controversial but just wanted to throw it out there and see what people think?

Rightly or wrongly, Plato gets a lot of stick on the forums, whether it be to do with his driving, outspokenness etc. often from fans of his chief rival Matt Neal.

However, trackside, there is far more support. Whenever he puts a move on Matt Neal, or if Matt crashes/makes a mistake there is a huge roar around the circuit which isn't replicated to the same magnitude if the roles are reversed.

When people watch live sports, be it BTCC, rugby, drifting, tennis or whatever, whenever there's action the crowds will cheer and roar
On the forums people will be discussing things and maybe having a bit of a internet hardnut rant - when was the last time you were on any forum and people were going 'WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' etc?
All forums have a lot of fanbois who will constantly moan about 'the other side' - on one GTA forum I sometimes go on there's always some prick whining about pc vs 360 vs ps3 or how Saints Row is **** even though they've probably never played it

tisme
21st June 2011, 18:32

I think you will find at Brands the cheers were for Matt Neal!

It is different at different circuits.

Darlo
21st June 2011, 20:50
I think you will find at Brands the cheers were for Matt Neal!

It is different at different circuits.

In that case I'd argue it depends which corner you're at!! I was at Brands and everyone went beserk when Matt was taken off at Druids where I was.

I often sit at the bottom of the Craners at Donington and remember cheers when Matt smashed it there in the Vectra and no cheers when Jason crashed this year...

I've witnessed Brands, Snetterton, Oulton, Donington and Croft - a fair cross section and my arguement still stands