PDA

View Full Version : Rory Mcilroy

race aficionado
20th June 2011, 18:43
I don't know how many golf fans we have at our forum but I am one of them and my biggest attraction to the sport had been Tiger Woods.

Now seeing this young gun Rory Mcilroy, bursting so gallantly into the scene is a great and refreshing news to the sport - and of course to all the Irish.

What a performance - both professionally and as a human being.
:s mokin:

schmenke
20th June 2011, 19:16
Outstanding performance this w/end by the young Irishman :up: .
Refreshing to finally see him calm and controlled :up:

ioan
20th June 2011, 20:12
Great showing yesterday. It was the first time I watched golf for more than 10 minutes. :D

Eki
20th June 2011, 21:12
It was the first time I watched golf for more than 10 minutes. :D
You haven't lived before you've listened to it on radio for more than an hour.

odykas
20th June 2011, 22:08
The only Rory I know of is Rory Gallagher http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-022.gif

Eki
20th June 2011, 22:18
I don't know how many golf fans we have at our forum
I've heard that Roamy is a swinger.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th June 2011, 22:23
What is golf?

odykas
20th June 2011, 22:25
What is golf?

A boring game that rich people play :p :

schmenke
20th June 2011, 22:30
A good walk ruined.

Roamy
21st June 2011, 08:08
totally great performance. What a swing this young man has. I can't wait to see more. the Irish are probably still drunk :)

Dave B
21st June 2011, 08:13
I can't be doing with golf, it seems like an unnecessary blot on the countryside, but fair play to the bloke for winning in such style and for appearing to be so gracious about it :up:

Eki
21st June 2011, 08:33
What is golf?
It's like polo. A car model of Volkswagen.

Dave B
21st June 2011, 09:15
But with more holes.

Eki
21st June 2011, 09:23
But with more holes.

And less horse power.

Bob Riebe
21st June 2011, 18:56
It's like polo. A car model of Volkswagen.No, no, no-- Polo is like soccer oh horse-back with a croquet mallet.
Golf is like Pool with a lot more holes and lot bigger table.

Bob Riebe
21st June 2011, 18:58
totally great performance. What a swing this young man has. I can't wait to see more. the Irish are probably still drunk :) It is good to see the talk of Golf swing away from Tiger's collapse.
Hopefully he does not have the Shark's curse at the Masters.

race aficionado
21st June 2011, 21:54
It is good to see the talk of Golf swing away from Tiger's collapse.
Hopefully he does not have the Shark's curse at the Masters.

I'm one that has been bummed out by Tiger's massive collapse and now seeing this young kid Rory light up the golf course with his amazing talent and performance made me realize that the sport moves on. If Tiger comes back, I will of course root for him and get excited about it - but now we have what looks like the real thing and he has the attitude and the talent to claim the position of top dog in the Professional Golf scene.

Yes, let's see if he can keep it going. Life and expectations for Rory Mcilroy have changed monumentally.

:s mokin:

Roamy
21st June 2011, 22:08
there are several emerging talents in golf. I think as good as Tiger is he came when there was a bit of a lull. As good as Rory appears to be - I do not expect a dominant person in pro golf today. He had a very hot tourney but he will have much competition to contend with. Also I expect Tiger to make a very profound return.

BDunnell
21st June 2011, 22:34
I do not expect a dominant person in pro golf today.

Nor do I — and indeed I hope we don't see such dominance, because, frankly, it is dull.

yodasarmpit
21st June 2011, 23:46
A great game to play, but boring as he'll to watch - other than the Ryder cup which at least has some atmosphere.

Dave B
22nd June 2011, 09:56
Quite, and although most people down the pub will tell you its just whacking a small white ball around a field, its also incredibly hard to play well. I've been playing for 15 years and I'm still average. All the gear and no idea in other words.
I can hit a golf ball with incredible accuracy.

I can hit a golf ball a very long distance.

If I can ever combine the two.... :s

Dave B
22nd June 2011, 10:57
You are Happy Gilmore.

I had to Google the reference :erm:

Retro Formula 1
22nd June 2011, 13:27
If I could just get distance and direction right, I wouldn't be too shabby :)

My mate says that all my problems stem from standing too close to the ball...... after I've hit it :D