PDA

View Full Version : chances for an interesting final race in brazil

schumacher7championships
16th June 2011, 07:46
seeing vettel winning gps one after the other i am concerned about boring races in september and october

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Big Ben
16th June 2011, 08:38
slim to none... april or may didn't seem much more interesting either however

Mark
16th June 2011, 08:56
"Non-championship" races have their own particular appeal. Although the championship is not at stake they are interesting for the own reasons.

Sonic
16th June 2011, 09:51
Amen to what Mark says. But surely as our thread starter is presumably a Schumacher fan, he's well used to the title being over by September? ;)

schumacher7championships
16th June 2011, 14:05
Amen to what Mark says. But surely as our thread starter is presumably a Schumacher fan, he's well used to the title being over by September? ;)

hahaha
yes i am a schumi fan but even when schumi won championships in september i was not glad at all.my favourite final race was the unbeleivable gp in brazil when massa finished as a champion but hamilton had another opinion.

generally i am a fan of every driver in ferrari but schumacher is my best

Mark
16th June 2011, 14:11
Last race championship deciders are good but it's also nice to have one race where the newly crowned champion is competing and they have a chance to celebrate their win. But ending 4-5 races from the end is never good.

I am evil Homer
16th June 2011, 15:01
My only fear is if as it seems Vettel starts building a huge points margin, old crazy dwarf will start talkinmg about how drivers aren't taking enough 'risk' to score points and therefore his idea of Medals is up there with sliced bread and the wheel.

When people then mention Hamilton's risk taking in Monaco he'll shrug and tell people how great Medals would be and how Lewis would have waited a few more laps to ensure he got a Silver.

schmenke
16th June 2011, 16:02
The situation may change once the ban on blown diffusers takes effect.

UltimateDanGTR
16th June 2011, 16:12
Yes, I think Vettel will already be champion by the time we get to Interlagos.

But...

We have yet to see a dull race this year.
Interlagos always provides brilliant racing.

I'm sure Brazil will be a cracker no matter what the championship standings. Lest us remember Suzuka 2005 and Adelaide 1995 aren't considered bad races, and those seasons aleady had champions crowned before then.

odykas
16th June 2011, 17:08
I've tried to jinx Vettel a couple of times but it didn't work.

This guy is too lucky :(

Robinho
16th June 2011, 17:42
i think we could get some very interesting end of season races even if the championship is over. The races this year have been incredibly close with a lot of overtakes and events. Throw in that they might not need worry about the points so much, just trying all out to win and we could see some great battles. I also think Vettel will likely have a dodgy spell, either McLaren or Ferrari will be able to race for wins and Vettel is due some bad luck, i think his deal with God or the Devil ran out halfway round the last lap last weekend, up until then this year he's been pretty much unable to do anything wrong

ioan
16th June 2011, 21:10
I've tried to jinx Vettel a couple of times but it didn't work.

This guy is too lucky :(

I think you are bad at jinxing, after all you tried so hard with MS and it didn't wok either. :p

bluegem280
17th June 2011, 10:37
I have the same worries since this season kicked off, if Red Bull is as competitive as last year or even better, Vettel would pull away from others in almost every race instantaneously. He made some mistakes last year, and learn from it this year his pace is predominantly strong.

We can expect something different from some condition of races out of circumstances, we have night race of Singapore and twilight race of Abu Dhabi, besides an extreme race like last Canada round, the result may be disordered in the wet.

steveaki13
17th June 2011, 17:44
There have been a few dramatic last races, with or without the Championship riding on it.

I think this years championship will have been decided before then, but you never know.

Lets hope someone can win a few races in the next 5 or 6 and really close up the championship.