PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Mile Ticket Sales

mlewis1825
15th June 2011, 14:54
Anyone know how the ticket sales are going for the Milwaukee Mile 225 race? Looking at their website, it doesn't look good?

NY2IA
15th June 2011, 18:14
If I could choose a racetrack in Wisconsin for Indycar, I would prefer Road America! I don't think Milwaukee had good attendance for many years.

00steven
17th June 2011, 04:40
Road America is an awesome track and I can't believe they don't have an Indycar race there. I think Randy Bernard said something about wanting to go back there so we'll see...

Wilf
21st June 2011, 03:50
If I could choose a racetrack in Wisconsin for Indycar, I would prefer Road America! I don't think Milwaukee had good attendance for many years.

They had in excess of 40k at each of two of the three races in 2009. Craftsman Trucks had more than 20k in 2009
They had less than 1 last year since they had zero professional races in 2010.
Does anybody remember the attendance at Toronto the first year they went back after a year off?

The Milwaukee Mile fan has been screwed by the promoters one or two times too many. The Indycar fan has also had bad luck with Elkhart Lake because CART kept changing the schedule which messed with peoples' vacations. Elkhart Lake was not interested in bidding for a race the last couple of years because the asking price was too high because they also knew it would take years to get the fans back.

nigelred5
21st June 2011, 13:05
Road America should be another ALMS/Indycar doubleheader. I lovce watching races from Milwaukee, but I'd trace Milwaukee for Road America any day. I'd love to see the second of two proposed LeMans Endurance Series races for the US be a 6 or 12 hour at Road America.

Lee Roy
21st June 2011, 13:43
Road America should be another ALMS/Indycar doubleheader. I lovce watching races from Milwaukee, but I'd trace Milwaukee for Road America any day. I'd love to see the second of two proposed LeMans Endurance Series races for the US be a 6 or 12 hour at Road America.

It's too bad that the Tavo Helmund didn't buy Road America (or Watkins Glen for that matter) and put the money into the proper infrastructure demanded by F1 and probably will be required for the LES races. Those two tracks are the finest road courses in America.

10,000 at Watkins Glen in the rain just to see Stewart and Hamilton swap seats.

numanoid
21st June 2011, 23:35
Hello all, new user to this forum after lurking a while. My wife and I took a trip from Minneapolis to catch this race and the ticket sales looked pretty weak. On Qualifying day they started doing buy one get one free offers. They extended it to people who already bought them but the whole party had to show up together, which is a pain.

The promoters were pretty horrible. Many fans were furious about the lack of communication and the ridiculous rules in place. It was my first indycar race and we both had a blast though.

Sateryn76
22nd June 2011, 00:39
What kind of rules did they have?

numanoid
22nd June 2011, 00:55
My wife did most of the checking, but the one that was driving everyone crazy was the no re-entry policy (new this year). Race day started at 8AM and the race didn't start till 3:30 or so. Once in the fairgrounds, you needed to stay there. There weren't a lot of places to eat, and ALL of it was fair food. My wife has some minor dietary requirements and the fair didn't have much she could eat. We packed her some food and when we got there, we saw the posting that food could be brought in if needed for special diet. That should have been communicated in advance. The re-entry policy was also going back and forth online with misinformation being posted to the Milwaukee Mile facebook page, one of the only places where questions could be asked.

I should clarify that it was the re-entry rule that was ridiculous as well as the extreme lack of communication to fans prior to race day.

mileman
22nd June 2011, 04:47
They used to have hand stamps. They used to have turnstyles. Then they fenced off Grandstand Avenue a few years ago - which took something off the ambience. It became a sort of "dead zone." So this year they fenced off half of the fairgrounds. Once you were in - you were in. Yikes! What were they thinking? I'm sure they thought it was a calculated way to save bodies - but it seemed awfully foolish in the end. There was also a lot of misinformation. Staff did not appear to be trained to give proper directions. (Paddock pass redemption, etc.) Lots of confusion.