PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton to RBR?

wedge
13th June 2011, 16:34
autosport.com - F1 News: Hamilton in fresh Red Bull link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92327)

AUTOSPORT can reveal that Hamilton met for private talks with Red Bull Racing chief Christian Horner at the team's office buildings on Saturday evening - where the two spent at least 15 minutes together chatting in private.

Mark
13th June 2011, 16:50
Nah I can't see it unless Vettel leaves.

UltimateDanGTR
13th June 2011, 17:06
Vettel would have to leave-I can't see why they would choose LH over Ricciardo after all the grooming they've given him.

ioan
13th June 2011, 17:07
Couldn't care less about what he does.

Daniel
13th June 2011, 17:15
Well I can see McLaren letting him go if this crap continues.

truefan72
13th June 2011, 17:27
despite vettel's dominance,
I think the 2011 mclaren is more than a match for th rBR on race day and Button just proved it again
The problem is the qualy trim, of the cars and that can be worked on, but on race day the mclaren might be even faster and better than the RBR
This year has been one of missed opportunities for mclaren and hamilton and if he honestly looks back and assesses each race, he would know that the car given to him has been very capable in every race. Better strategy and perhaps less incidents might have seen him win 3 races by now IMO

i_max2k2
13th June 2011, 17:27
In the candian gp, I almost felt like from hamiltons reaction that Mclaren wanted hamilton to stop, more because they thought he could have a bad gp with more disasters, looking at from the first few laps. As how hamilton described - that the team asked to pull over because they felt he had suspension some issues, which he thought wernt there, probably not true, but thats what I thot at that point.

Henry Cutts
13th June 2011, 17:44
he really needs to sort himself out and get his head back together soon, making so many mistakes on and off track less glitz more winning

TMorel
13th June 2011, 18:27
I wondered why in one of the interviews with Horner about the Webber/Hamilton incident Christian seemed to be overly supportive of Lewis... maybe it's now starting to come clearer. Would certainly make for an exciting combination what with equal support and no team orders between their drivers.

Garry Walker
13th June 2011, 18:33
Vettel would have to leave-I can't see why they would choose LH over Ricciardo after all the grooming they've given him. I can see many reasons why they would choose LH over an unproven rookie.

If he were to join Red Bull, he would destroy your hero rapunzel

Well I can see McLaren letting him go if this crap continues.

Why would McLaren let go of Hamilton when it is Button who keeps taking off his teammate?

AndyL
13th June 2011, 19:05
Is it really silly season already? It seems to come round faster every year!

Hamilton is just not doing himself any favours at the moment is he. I'm sure Horner's only too happy to take the opportunity to mess with his head some more.

The Black Knight
13th June 2011, 19:05
I'd love to see Vettel and Hamilton on the same team. I reckon he would definitely be able to beat Vettel. What a combination that would be though. Wow.

driveace
14th June 2011, 22:38
He is better staying with McLaren,who he knows,and who have given him all their support for the last 10 or more years.
Maybe McLaren would be better getting the designer back from Red Bull,who holds the secret to why the car is so fast in qualifying.
Dont think that Vettel will be so good if he had to fight his way from further back on the grid

Rollo
14th June 2011, 23:46
Like announcements that certain football players are supposedly in negotiations, I won't believe it until he appears with his bum sitting in a car on the grid on a Sunday.

Rumours like this are generated by newshounds who take chance meetings and try to blow them up to huge proportions because journalism is a mug's game and this sort of stuff sells column inches.

555-04Q2
15th June 2011, 06:11
autosport.com - F1 News: Hamilton in fresh Red Bull link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92327)

Or maybe they were just boning each other. Once you go black.....

ArrowsFA1
15th June 2011, 10:24
"In terms of where I am, again I'm just very fortunate to be a part of McLaren. It's one of the best teams there with great history and we got now a car which is capable of winning as my team-mate showed at the weekend.
"We are the only other team that has won Grands Prix this year so I don't see why you'd particularly want to move when you have the most competitive car.
"So as long as we have the car that can do the job, then there will be no reason to leave."

autosport.com - F1 News: Hamilton: Competitive car key to future (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92351)

555-04Q2
15th June 2011, 10:54
autosport.com - F1 News: Hamilton: Competitive car key to future (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92351)

So they were just having a good old romp then :p :

<angry that my previous post was maliciously erased from all history>

555-04Q2
15th June 2011, 10:54
Is it really silly season already? It seems to come round faster every year!

Every day is silly season on this forum :D

The Black Knight
15th June 2011, 11:25
So they were just having a good old romp then :p :

<angry that my previous post was maliciously erased from all history>

Quite probably. They know each other for many years.

It would be awesome to see Hamilton and Vettel in the same team though. I'm quite confident that Hamilton would beat Vettel and regularly at that.

555-04Q2
15th June 2011, 11:27
Quite probably. They know each other for many years.

It would be awesome to see Hamilton and Vettel in the same team though. I'm quite confident that Hamilton would beat Vettel and regularly at that.

I think it would be a fantastic battle too........but the chance of it ever coming to reality is probably less than zero :p :

The Black Knight
15th June 2011, 11:29
Silly season is kicking in though. I mean, Schumacher's comments were blown completely off the scale last week when he mentioned that it took Red Bull 4-5 years to get to the top and people then took that to mean that he may be looking to extend his contract. What a ****ing ridiculous and desparate attempt at a story headline.

555-04Q2
15th June 2011, 11:37
Silly season is kicking in though. I mean, Schumacher's comments were blown completely off the scale last week when he mentioned that it took Red Bull 4-5 years to get to the top and people then took that to mean that he may be looking to extend his contract. What a ****ing ridiculous and desparate attempt at a story headline.

Sadly, bull$#!t sells newspapers etc. The more bull$#!t they print, the more they sell.

Rollo
15th June 2011, 13:23
Hamilton is just as likely to drive for Skoda F1 in 2012.*

Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich head of VAG's motorsport division has stated that he wants to take on Mercedes-Benz on at their own game and with the change to 1.6L Turbos, he could be looking at buying Hispania Racing.*

*(this is of course total bollocks, but if a newspaper prints this wild rumour, then we know where they got it :D )

markabilly
15th June 2011, 14:59
All it be, is Slam the Ham pulling at the purse strings of big Mac for some more dough to put in the oven

That is why it was so public........if there was a real deal close to cooking, it would all be secret stuff. Look at past history of other deals...... :rolleyes:

SGWilko
15th June 2011, 16:17
It's a non story. An F1 driver has a chin wag with someone else involved in F1. Press cream in their panties and hey ho, a story is born. And if you are bit challenged in the three R's dept, the Scum even put a pair of Daniels boobies (minus the goat) on page three for you to drool over while on the train/bus home. ;)

UltimateDanGTR
15th June 2011, 16:23
Every day is silly on this forum :D

fixed.

SGWilko
15th June 2011, 16:25
fixed.

Dunno why you bother, someone'll break it again soon enough.... ;)

ioan
15th June 2011, 19:20
Sadly, bull$#!t sells newspapers etc. The more bull$#!t they print, the more they sell.

That's what masses need, bull$hit. It used to be panem et circenses, now it's just bull$hit! Sad indeed.

markabilly
16th June 2011, 13:51
That's what masses need, bull$hit. It used to be panem et circenses, now it's just bull$hit! Sad indeed.

No, we still got panem et circenses, it is just now called DRS and screwy tires................

Mia 01
16th June 2011, 17:46
I like it very much. Then Kimi and Jenson can wipe the floor with them. Reminder, Seb will be a hard nut.

Hawkmoon
20th June 2011, 05:34
The rumors surrounding Raikkonen joing Ferrari went on for what? Two years? They proved to be correct. As did those linking Alonso to Ferrari. I wouldn't be so quick to write this stuff off as bollocks just yet.

Mark
20th June 2011, 08:16
Yep they were talking about Alonso to Ferrari before he left McLaren.

Rollo
20th June 2011, 08:21
Button 'targeted by Ferrari' - Yahoo! Eurosport (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19062011/58/button-targeted-ferrari.html)
Former Formula One champion Jenson Button is being targeted by Ferrari as the perfect partner for double world champion Fernando Alonso.
The harmony within the McLaren squad was disrupted at the Canadian Grand Prix despite Button's incredible victory in the rain.

All of this is beginning to sound like the calliope on a old-time carousel.

Again, I won't believe any of the rumours until we see someone's bum in a car at a GP and the example of Mastercard Lola is anything to go by, that's not even foolproof.

Mark
20th June 2011, 08:27
Button at Ferrari? Nah, I can't see that he'd be a good fit there, besides I think he's more than happy at McLaren at the moment n

intheway
20th June 2011, 12:57
Button at Ferrari? Nah, I can't see that he'd be a good fit there, besides I think he's more than happy at McLaren at the moment n

So happy he'd say no to Ferrari?? He'd be better off in a different car to Hamilton anyway.... at least in the dry!

555-04Q2
20th June 2011, 13:00

Button does seem to fit in well at Macca. Seems to be enjoying his time there.

raphael_2
20th June 2011, 13:46
I think Alonso and Button would form a very strong partnership. It is worth noting that whilst a lot of people consider Alonso to be the most complete driver on the grid, Lewis is regarded as slightly quicker by a lot of people. Button isn't too far off Lewis ultimate pace, he may feel he could actually beat Alonso.

Dave B
20th June 2011, 15:37
Several sources are now reporting that Button is "likely" to stay at McLaren:

BBC Sport - Jenson Button expected to stay at McLaren in 2012 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13839176.stm)

autosport.com - F1 News: Button set for new McLaren deal (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92479)

MJW
20th June 2011, 16:01
I think Button is more likely to stay at McLaren than Hamilton.

rabf1
20th June 2011, 17:09
McLaren has an option year on Button in 2012 so he can't leave next year if the team want him. It doesn't seem like any driver can turn down a shot with Ferrari. If I were Button it would be hard to pass on a multi-year offer from Ferrari starting in 2013 UNLESS the contract is a true "number 2" situation. You can't expect a former WDC still pretty much in his prime to accept #2 status. It seems like there is going to be some driver changes at McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull so it will be interesting to see how it all sorts out.

Mia 01
23rd June 2011, 15:25
Has MacLaren an option year on Hmilton next year, and, do you think they will use it?

Bagwan
23rd June 2011, 18:55
Lewis , while one of the quickest , has proven time and time again to be disruptive in the McLaren team .
Spending time in the steward's office , often for foolish offences has it's effect .
Microphones seem to suck out his brain temporarily .

It's a good thing he's quick , as some of his antics have made many a head shake .

That's the bad side , but , in that the press follows his exploits , drooling constantly , I guess there is also a good side .

They have two drivers capable of winning in that car , but only one in Button that can really take being behind his team-mate .
He doesn't like it , but doesn't tend to lose focus in the fight back .

Replace him with Jacques , and sell that contract to Red Bull , to replace Webber .
Jacques would come free , knows how to work with Jenson , and you'd disrupt the leaders , as Lewis would never bow to the wunderkind , Vettel .

This would create much more news , and it would be positive news for a change .
Bring back the nostalgia , and the old rivalry with the shoe for free .
And , remember , Jacques had a team worth of sponsorship behind him not so long ago . That was faith in him , and his driving . Some of that must still exist .

There you go , henners , old man . I've just solved the Lewis problem for you .

Mia 01
23rd June 2011, 20:07
Cheers old bean.
I think you have just highlighted that Lewis is a competitive driver who often speaks his mind without considering the consequences. A normal 26 year old lad in other words. It just goes to show that with all that PR training their true personalities/feelings shine through which is refreshing in a sport full of drivers giving scripted speeches about tyres, pace, and often toned down feelings about other drivers. Lewis doesn't like being beaten by his teammate and I wouldn't expect him to like it. Sure Jenson handles it in a more calm manner (unless you look at some of his frustrated interviews in 2009), but they are different personalities altogether. Theres also 5 years difference in age and if I was in Hamilton's position alot of the time, I'd be considered the most hateful F1 driver in the history of the sport considering how sensitive fans are these days. Gone are the days of Webber criticizing Vettel for ****ing up his race on live TV, and Coulthard saying he's going to kick 3 bells of **** out of Massa for ending his race. Lewis looks alittle flustered and makes a joke in poor taste and his whole mentality is called into question? He's had 2 poor races this season and already Jenson is tipped for the title in the British press. The same happened last year when Jenson won two races before Lewis.

With all that is said why wouldn't any team be jumping to sign Hamilton? He's the most talked about F1 driver and has been for the past 4 years!! Red Bull have wanted him. Ferrari tried to poach him. McLaren will keep him. ;) :)

Then I hope they will understand each other, off and on track.

Perhaps other teams are confused. Which of the personalities would we hire, the chrash kid or the divine overtaker.

Mia 01
23rd June 2011, 20:38
The divine overtaker of course. Lewis has more overtakes to his name than any other driver of the last 2 years.

And he has moore ........!!!!!!!!! ops.

Lewis is a Hollywood star now, he sees himself like that, and speaks about himself like that.

NASCAR next?

steveaki13
25th June 2011, 21:18
TK: "So Christian you're sitting down to your evening meal in Canada, and Lewis Hamilton comes and knocks on the door... What did you think he wanted?"

CH: "I thought he wanted a Red Bull..."

TK: "What a can rather than a car?"

CH: "Probably both"...... :laugh:

Just heard that on the BBC Practice coverage and thought it was funny.. :)

I heard that, I thought hmmm. there is definatley something in that.

markabilly
26th June 2011, 14:04
no, ms to red bull for a year with vettel. Brings the merc engines with him.......Team merc no longer has the bread to hire the staff to stay competitive with the likes of Mac

no more dumb shot team strategy for ms.

left him out for two laps to avoid him jumping nico???

what dumb butts :rolleyes:

webber to Team Lotus (that would be an upgrade for both Lotus and red bull)....now that is funny, but that means after Hamilton's option year, hamilton goes to red bull after ms wins his 8th WDC and retires again

I will be in Austin to watch the champ in a red bull..................

truefan72
26th June 2011, 17:37

apparently you do LOL

truefan72
26th June 2011, 17:43
if 2013 continues on this path then, i might change my mind about the RBR move.
I know mclaren is trying, but they've had 2+ seasons of being outclassed by RBR.
Hamilton will not settle for the occasional win here and there for much longer.

That being said, it would be a difficult situation with Vettel there, but I'm pretty sure in equal (and that's an issue for me at RBR) machinery, Hamilton would have his number.

Mia 01
3rd August 2011, 22:47
It would be exitning, bu then thersīs Marko.

Mia 01
10th August 2011, 19:33
So?

And then with all the baggage, any team wanting him?

The Black Knight
11th August 2011, 11:45
What baggage does Lewis bring with him and what are you talking about? Unfortunately Mia these one line messages are so cryptic only you understand them. We get your obsession with Lewis, now why not join in with a debate or two?

I concur with that. I don't understand the point of most of her posts.

driveace
11th August 2011, 15:17
I heard that Lewis travels lightly ,its Nicole that brings ALL the baggage !!!!
What does Lewis have to do to please some of you? Not race ?

Mia 01
12th August 2011, 22:47
Ofcourse any team would want Lewis as their number one ore number two driver. Is this where it goes?

markabilly
13th August 2011, 16:03
Replace him with Jacques , and sell that contract to Red Bull , to replace Webber .
Jacques would come free , knows how to work with Jenson , and you'd disrupt the leaders , as Lewis would never bow to the wunderkind , Vettel .

This would create much more news , and it would be positive news for a change .
Bring back the nostalgia , and the old rivalry with the shoe for free .
And , remember , Jacques had a team worth of sponsorship behind him not so long ago . That was faith in him , and his driving . Some of that must still exist .

There you go , henners , old man . I've just solved the Lewis problem for you .

JV?

No, bring back the man they did wrong, Scott Speed.....