PDA

View Full Version : Vettel booed on podium

steveaki13
13th June 2011, 00:17
Does anyone know why Vettel was booed on the podium?

Seemed very strange.

The Black Knight
13th June 2011, 00:25

Seemed very strange.

Don't know. Anyone?

AndyL
13th June 2011, 00:38
Don't know. Anyone?

A mystery to me too.

F1boat
13th June 2011, 07:41

Seemed very strange.
I don't know, but if true, very ugly :(

Daniel
13th June 2011, 10:54

Seemed very strange.

Ditto.

Mark
13th June 2011, 10:59
Yeah, I thought I was imagining it. I can't think of a real reason for it, except perhaps the usual one of that he's won so much this year and last that the crowd were happy to see someone else win. But that's no reason to boo.

AndyL
13th June 2011, 11:05
A commenter on James Allen's blog reckons the boos were actually for the mayor of Montreal who was presenting the trophy.

pino
13th June 2011, 11:06
Vettel's killing this Champ...not many can accept it, me thinks !

MrJan
13th June 2011, 11:06
Because he's a bellend? ;)

Thought it was a bit harsh myself, I'd have just been laughing at him :laugh:

The Black Knight
13th June 2011, 11:07
A commenter on James Allen's blog reckons the boos were actually for the mayor of Montreal who was presenting the trophy.

The only other thing I could think of is that people in Montreal don't appreciate Vettel and his "One" sign he makes after every pole and race victory.

The Black Knight
13th June 2011, 11:08
Vettel's killing this Champ...not many can accept it, me thinks !

What champ is he killing? Do you mean championship or a person in particular?

Daika
13th June 2011, 11:09
I didn't thought they booed Vettel because that made no sense. But reading this i guess i wasn;t the only who thought that.

Daniel
13th June 2011, 11:49
The only other thing I could think of is that people in Montreal don't appreciate Vettel and his "One" sign he makes after every pole and race victory.

But he didn't make that sign......

Mark
13th June 2011, 11:51

That makes much more sense, thanks!

SGWilko
13th June 2011, 12:07

Did he stick two fingers up then, thus inadvertantly upsetting the crowd? ;)

The Black Knight
13th June 2011, 12:42

I know but a lot of people still don't like him for it. Personally it doesn't bother me one way or the other but it seems to bother some people quite a bit.

Daniel
13th June 2011, 12:46
I know but a lot of people still don't like him for it. Personally it doesn't bother me one way or the other but it seems to bother some people quite a bit.

Yes, but I suspect that it's a lot more likely that they were booing the mayor than vettel because they don't like the finger thing. I also doubt that many people dislike him because of the finger thing, just that people who already dislike him, dislike the finger thing.

ioan
13th June 2011, 13:13
Must have been Garry taking revenge for his sleepless nights! :laugh:

Garry Walker
13th June 2011, 18:55
Must have been Garry taking revenge for his sleepless nights! :laugh:

:laugh: I would have used rocks instead of booing... :laugh:

ioan
13th June 2011, 22:17

You need good training for that though! What if you hit one of the other two? Booing is easier. ;)

steveaki13
14th June 2011, 07:43
You need good training for that though! What if you hit one of the other two? Booing is easier. ;)

He'd be booing everyone, so if he hit one of the others it wouldn't matter. ;)

SGWilko
14th June 2011, 10:58

Are there any women here today? :laugh:

schmenke
14th June 2011, 15:20
I watched the replay again, and although Mayor Tremblay does present the trophy, it does seem like the boos are directed at Vettel :mark: .

555-04Q2
14th June 2011, 15:31
Maybe the Canadian spectators hate seeing the same driver at the top all the time?

steveaki13
14th June 2011, 18:02
Maybe the Canadian spectators hate seeing the same driver at the top all the time?

I may be being naive but shouldn't you then cheer the winner of that race louder rather than boo the championship leader.

555-04Q2
14th June 2011, 18:30
I may be being naive but shouldn't you then cheer the winner of that race louder rather than boo the championship leader.

People do strange things :crazy:

N4D13
14th June 2011, 18:36
I watched the replay again, and although Mayor Tremblay does present the trophy, it does seem like the boos are directed at Vettel :mark: .
I haven't watched the video, but how could you know who is being booed?

I would suppose that people would have started booing when they heard that the Mayor was presenting the trophy, as I can't think of any reason why the Canadians wouldn't like Vettel, apart from the fact that he's winning almost everything.

schmenke
14th June 2011, 18:42
I haven't watched the video, but how could you know who is being booed?

I don't specifically, and the replay isn't conclusive. From the audio it sounds like the "boos" start only once Vettel accepts the trophy and holds it high, rather than when the mayor picks it up to present it :mark: .
It really makes no sense to me. Perhaps there were more Webber supporters in attendance :crazy: :p : .

Allyc85
14th June 2011, 18:50

No but button did and with both hands :D :D

YouTube - ‪Jenson Button Wins Canada F1 GP 2011 Top Three On The Podium Button, Vettel + Webber‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx5nMtRIOzs)

Even though im not a fan of his I hope they were not booing Vettel, it reminds me of when Kyonari first won the BSB, there was boos then too :(

MAX_THRUST
14th June 2011, 19:47
I thought it strange until I realised the mayor was presenting the trophy. Clearly boos were for the Mayor I.m sure Canadian fans would not have booed Vetel as they like racers and are knowledgable fans. Sorry the Mayor probably sucks and the crowd let him know.

Robinho
14th June 2011, 20:47
it was cos the Canadians really hate the Crazy Frog

Garry Walker
14th June 2011, 21:00
, as I can't think of any reason why the Canadians wouldn't like Vettel, apart from the fact that he's winning almost everything.
How about the fact that Rapunzel is as big a prick and arrogant little swine as they come?

No, I wouldnt.

Yeah, a huge loss if I hit Button :D

Bagwan
14th June 2011, 22:21
Wow , that must have smelled really bad .
I really feel for the others who were up there on that podium .
It must have been horrible .

Oh , wait .

Sorry , thought it said "pooed" .

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 21:51
I thought it would be pretty obvious why he was booed.

Because of the stunt he pulled on Webber early in the year. Multi 21.

People don't forget.

David Coulthard just tried to paper over it on the BBC forum but Eddie told it like it is.

Must have the Red Bull marketing machine grimacing, but they can not control it.

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 21:58
Blimey. How did you find this thread so quickly after two years?

Especially for your first post.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 22:03
Ha Ha

Just noticed that.............. :o

Our good friend google.

Vettel must be booed quite a lot.

Have to admit I thought it was strange that nobody had mentioned the stunt he pulled on Webber.

Now I know why. ;)

vhatever
9th June 2013, 22:11
Ha Ha

Just noticed that.............. :o

Our good friend google.

Vettel must be booed quite a lot.

Have to admit I thought it was strange that nobody had mentioned the stunt he Webber.

Now I know why. ;)

Ya, people are upset that he didn't obey team orders, when every fan hates team orders. Makes total sense, newbie. I guess you are farming the internet looking for forums to troll or something? Since you don't forget, I'm sure you remember webber in silverstone doing the same.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 22:18
Whoa buddy steady on,

Just searched google for a press report actually.

I did not realise Webber had overtaken him and stole a victory at Silverstone.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2013, 22:19

He hates the other two, too, so what would be the difference? If the crowd boo'ed the Mayor or Vettel doesn't make a difference. In any case I can't understand it.

vhatever
9th June 2013, 22:20
Whoa buddy steady on,

Just searched google for a press report actually.

I did not realise Webber had overtaken him and stole a victory at Silverstone.

So you are mad at vettel because webber sucks? ROFLMAO. Why don't you get a binky and save some bandwidth.

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 22:20
Looking at this, it was in Canada 2 years ago when I opened this thread about booing him.

Today in Canada there were a few Boos again.

Connected? I wonder if some in Canada hate Vettel. Or its where Garry lives

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 22:21

He hates the other two, too, so what would be the difference? If the crowd boo'ed the Mayor or Vettel doesn't make a difference. In any case I can't understand it.

Beat you to that about 2 whole years ago. See post at top of the last page.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2013, 22:25
How about the fact that Rapunzel is as big a prick and arrogant little swine as they come?

Have you ever met the man in person, you ne'er do good insulting little lowlife scumbag? It's easy to unload personal insults on people you never met. You, Sir are never around in this forum, you only log in after the race weekends to post hared-filled posts about people you don't like. I would like nothing more than to come round your house and smash your ****ing skull in, but fortunately for you, the internet is an anonymous place, else you'd get a taste of the hatred that you're spreading around each race weekend.

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 22:29
Have you ever met the man in person, you ne'er do good insulting little lowlife scumbag? It's easy to unload personal insults on people you never met. You, Sir are never around in this forum, you only log in after the race weekends to post hared-filled posts about people you don't like. I would like nothing more than to come round your house and smash your ****ing skull in, but fortunately for you, the internet is an anonymous place, else you'd get a taste of the hatred that you're spreading around each race weekend.

Keep it calm otherwise the topic discussed on this ancient thread (which is relevant again after a few boos when he got the throphy today) might get closed down.

Pointless just ignore.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 22:29
So you are mad at vettel because webber sucks? ROFLMAO. Why don't you get a binky and save some bandwidth.

It is obvious that Vettel is better than Webber.

It is also obvious that Red Bull favour Vettel so just come out and say it.

And what is a binky?

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 22:32

And what is a binky?

Dont bother, not gonna get anywhere Steve. It'll just go round in circles.

Mind you depends if your planning on becoming a regular member I suppose. Its not all like that, there are a few to keep an eye on though.

vhatever
9th June 2013, 22:39

And what is a binky?

Who gives a rat's ass what red bull says? Vettel is on the cusp of winning 4 WDcs in a row in the closest most competive f1 grid ever seen in its history. just sit back and enjoy the show. But, mister favo(u)r, you really wanna opt for the binky.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 22:41

Dont bother, not gonna get anywhere Steve. It'll just go round in circles.

Mind you depends if your planning on becoming a regular member I suppose. Its not all like that, there are a few to keep an eye on though.

Thanks for the heads up Steveaki13.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 22:50
Who gives a rat's ass what red bull says? Vettel is on the cusp of winning 4 WDcs in a row in the closest most competive f1 grid ever seen in its history. just sit back and enjoy the show. But, mister favo(u)r, you really wanna opt for the binky.

FMOB a septic dishing out spelling lessons.

Vettel would not have won a WDC in any other team. He has done a sterling job in the best car.

dj_bytedisaster
9th June 2013, 22:57

Vettel would not have won a WDC in any other team. He has done a sterling job in the best car.

So did Senna in the Mclaren, so did Hill in the Williams, so did Villeneuve in the Williams, so did Häkkinen in the McLaren. You don't win WDC's by sitting in the second best car. The last one who managed that was Schumacher in 1995 and only because Hill was shockingly mediocre in the Williams. If you plan to stay any time around here, I'd suggest you ditch the hatred. Gary is doing a good enough job of that already.

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 23:08

In a nice grown up way I will say I disagree.

I was of a similar view after his first two titles in 2010 when he clinched it last gasp and then 2011 when the car was so superior, however last seasons title was brilliant for him and his driving at times this year have made me think if he wins 4 titles in 4 years he is up there with the best.

His drive today was brilliant. He pushed to the limit today for 20 laps and got a 15 second lead, then matched his pace to the rest behind. He could have won today by 40 seconds had he chosen too.

This sort of drive is class, not just about the car.

jarrambide
9th June 2013, 23:15

Favour is the British spelling, favor is the American spelling, both are correct. If you are going to be the spelling police of this forum, try to double check your information. You don't want to look arrogant and uncultured at the same time.

You should also try to have perfect grammar and spelling, for example:
Red Bull is a proper noun, you have to capitalize proper nouns.
You should always capitalize the first letter of a sentence. (Just)
You forgot to add a comma between closest and most.

I usually write with many mistakes, specially one that is not my mother tongue, that is why I don't correct others.

Edit: I wrote that favour is the British spelling of the word, but it is actually used in other countries. I don't want anyone from Canada or Australia to get angry.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 23:25
So did Senna in the Mclaren, so did Hill in the Williams, so did Villeneuve in the Williams, so did Häkkinen in the McLaren. You don't win WDC's by sitting in the second best car. The last one who managed that was Schumacher in 1995 and only because Hill was shockingly mediocre in the Williams. If you plan to stay any time around here, I'd suggest you ditch the hatred. Gary is doing a good enough job of that already.

Hill was fortunate to get a top drive, but did not do too bad, he would after all have been champion in 94 had it not been for schuey having him off in Australia. He also nearly won a race in an Arrows before getting Eddies first win.

Vettel has taken the title down to the wire a couple of times when it should have been wrapped up long before that. Alonso would probably walked off with those titles long before the seasons end if he was in a Red Bull.

Vettel is a very good driver but lucky to be in the right place at the right time. He is exceptional at winning from the front, which he does a lot because he qualifies well. But you would not put your money on him coming through the field.

I do not get where you have got the "hatred" bit from.

Your last post included " I would like nothing more than to come round your house and smash your ****ing skull in"

steveaki13
9th June 2013, 23:29
I do not get where you have got the "hatred" bit from.

Your last post included " I would like nothing more than to come round your house and smash your ****ing skull in"

I noticed that.

Irony??????????

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 23:33
Favour is the British spelling, favor is the American spelling, both are correct. If you are going to be the spelling police of this forum, try to double check your information. You don't want to look arrogant and uncultured at the same time.

I usually write with many mistakes, specially one that is not my mother tongue, that is why I don't correct others.

Edit: I wrote that favour is the British spelling of the word, but it is actually used in other countries. I don't want anyone from Canada or Australia to get angry.

jarrambide.

Excellent post but surely you meant capitalise? ;)

Only joking.

stevemuk
9th June 2013, 23:47
In a nice grown up way I will say I disagree.

I was of a similar view after his first two titles in 2010 when he clinched it last gasp and then 2011 when the car was so superior, however last seasons title was brilliant for him and his driving at times this year have made me think if he wins 4 titles in 4 years he is up there with the best.

His drive today was brilliant. He pushed to the limit today for 20 laps and got a 15 second lead, then matched his pace to the rest behind. He could have won today by 40 seconds had he chosen too.

This sort of drive is class, not just about the car.

If they all had the same cars we would not be able to have these debates would we.

He is undoubtedly talented. Can you see Alonso winning in an inferior car. Yes. Can you see Hamilton wining from 6th on the grid. Yes. And Kimi. Yes.

I would put those 3 ahead of the rest.

Vettel has obviously done better than Webber. Button also showed when he had the best car he could win the title.

There will always be a question mark over Vettel because Red Bull clearly favour him, I think we would be more accepting of it if they just came out and said it in the same way we know Ferrari favour Alonso.

The Red Bulls certainly looked strong today and I can see them doing very well at Silverstone.

For the record I liked Vettel. He came across well in the media, quite a funny guy. But he showed incredible naivety thinking he could ignore team orders and nobody would care less. Of course he was right in knowing Red Bull would do nothing, they have always favoured him.

edv
9th June 2013, 23:57
Vettel was also booed lustily by the crowd during the interviews. In fact, Eddie had to gesture to the crowd to tone it down, if you watch closely.

vhatever
10th June 2013, 00:38

I'll assume your "mother tongue" is not English, then, cause it's pretty obvious i was pointing out the spelling difference and using that very simple, minor thing to indicate I already knew he/she would prefer the binky to the show. Nice waste of a couple minutes of your life.

CNR
10th June 2013, 01:17
You can't say 'cu*t' in Canada it may be the way he dose the finger

driftr
10th June 2013, 03:49
surprised ur surprised, reporters said the boos came from ferrari fans. but as a canadian i would wager a guess. canadians dont much like public shows of arrogance. he came off as boastful talking about the comfortable win/ spread. if he was more popularly liked it might have been better, but he's often portrayed by media (fairly/ unfairly - up to ur perception) as a bit arrogant, not always a graceful winner, a lot of people just dont like him - capable a driver as he may be

Roamy
10th June 2013, 04:55
I thought it would be pretty obvious why he was booed.

Because of the stunt he pulled on Webber early in the year. Multi 21.

People don't forget.

David Coulthard just tried to paper over it on the BBC forum but Eddie told it like it is.

Must have the Red Bull marketing machine grimacing, but they can not control it.

Yes and Canadian Race fans are some of the best on the planet - SB is a punk plus Montreal is Ferrari/Villeneuve country

webberf1
10th June 2013, 05:03
All this talk about it being the mayor... what exactly did the guy do? Kill baby kittens or something? Either way the booing was stupid, Vettel drove a great race.
Dj byte, stfu with your over the Internet wannabe tough talk, it makes you sound more stupid than the guy you're arguing with.

airshifter
10th June 2013, 05:07

Yeah, he should log on to post things he can't prove about Pirelli instead! :laugh:

Reducing yourself to breeching several forum rules doesn't do much to get a point across. But please continue, they have an ignore button I can use.

kfzmeister
10th June 2013, 05:24

:roll:

I just loved the way Eddie just cut him off towards the end. Yeah snapperhead, that's about enough babbling from you.

dj_bytedisaster
10th June 2013, 06:12
Yeah, he should log on to post things he can't prove about Pirelli instead! :laugh:

Well I think there's no point in denying that I'm not exactly a friend of Pirelli, but most things I post are actual facts, not just personal insults against P. Hembery. I detest what they've done to several races this year and I say it.

Reducing yourself to breaching (ftfy ;) ) several forum rules doesn't do much to get a point across. But please continue, they have an ignore button I can use.

I agree that my post isn't exactly in the spirit of the rules, but someone has to say something, because the mods sadly don't. Most of us are active in the discussions around here, but the person I attacked does not. He logs on each race Sunday, posts a number of very personal insults against Vettel and on several occasions against Germans in general. If that's allowed and nobody does anything, why shouldn't I be allowed to give him some of his own medicine - completely baseless insults against someone I don't know.

webberf1
10th June 2013, 06:35
Well I think there's no point in denying that I'm not exactly a friend of Pirelli, but most things I post are actual facts, not just personal insults against P. Hembery. I detest what they've done to several races this year and I say it.

I agree that my post isn't exactly in the spirit of the rules, but someone has to say something, because the mods sadly don't. Most of us are active in the discussions around here, but the person I attacked does not. He logs on each race Sunday, posts a number of very personal insults against Vettel and on several occasions against Germans in general. If that's allowed and nobody does anything, why shouldn't I be allowed to give him some of his own medicine - completely baseless insults against someone I don't know.
I'll agree that Garry isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but if he says such silly things the simple answer is to completely ignore him and not even acknowledge the stupidity and bring yourself down to his level. I've already done such for the likes of Faster69. Save yourself the stress (even if their stupidity completely blows your mind) and only engage with people who make meaningful contributions.

pino
10th June 2013, 07:14
dj, just because we don't post our actions in public doesn't mean we don't do/say nothing about insults or rude language towards drivers. I really do hope one day you will stop complain :rolleyes:

Closed !