PDA

View Full Version : Shocking behaviour at Silverstone/FIA GT

wedge
7th June 2011, 01:24
I was at the race on Sunday but didn't see it but heard about it.

Richard Westbrook clumsily tries to pass Stefan Mucke on the inside at Chapel, Mucke decides to retaliate by slamming into the side of Westbrook on the Hangar Straight!

By all means loosen his rear end on corner entry or even punt him off but waiting on the straight....

3zv_j84t0Bw

FormerFF
7th June 2011, 04:50
Somebody needs a suspension. That first off was a bit of dodgy driving, but it certainly didn't deserve getting popped down the straight.

Robinho
9th June 2011, 13:09
watching from the onboard i'm not sure it was deliberate, i think Mucke wanted to come by close and wave his hand at him, but there was no steering movement into westbrook, i think he just misjudged it when coming by so close, one handed and waving

ioan
9th June 2011, 20:07
watching from the onboard i'm not sure it was deliberate, i think Mucke wanted to come by close and wave his hand at him, but there was no steering movement into westbrook, i think he just misjudged it when coming by so close, one handed and waving

Exactly what I thought. There is no steering movement so I doubt if it wasn't the other car at fault for both collisions.

Daniel
10th June 2011, 22:19
Race ban please.

wedge
11th June 2011, 15:26

Deliberate or not Mucke was never in the right frame of mind to attempt to drive in formation

truefan72
11th June 2011, 16:44
Deliberate or not Mucke was never in the right frame of mind to attempt to drive in formation

yup

Mark
11th June 2011, 20:38
If it was deliberate (and I'm not saying it was) then you could be looking at criminal charges, not just race bans.

Nem14
12th June 2011, 01:07
That kamakazi dive to the inside, that was never going to work, that the black car made was definately (tongue-in-cheek) criminal.

The television shot up the straight seems to show the white car on a line that would result in a collision.

Both drivers performed poorly, and in an unsportsman like manner.

Tom206wrc
14th June 2011, 09:21
Anyway, seeing the AMR ONE "performance" at Le Mans, Mücke hadn't time enough to show the same behaviour :p :

ifacompare
8th August 2011, 18:38
come on guy's all's fair in love and war. It's some nice to see them mix it up :)

Jag_Warrior
9th August 2011, 20:11
Sadly, Bloomberg (yeah, Bloomberg Financial News) isn't carrying the FIA GT Championship this year, so I have to miss out on all the action. Real shame too, as last year's championship was really good! :(

Osella
20th September 2011, 21:58
It's a bit late as there's only one round left, but.. have you tried gt1world.com, they show all the races live, and GT3 European series as well. Occasionally they don't have the full race re-runs available, in which case just go onto dailymotion.com and search for 'GT1'. You can also use GT3europe.com for live GT1 and GT3 races, and the Blancpain endurance series (including the full live Spa 24 hours..) All these websites are the official sites for the championships, so there is no illegality/piracy in watching the races there.

I don't know about next year, as the GT3 and GT1 series' are being combined (welcome back Michael Bartels! But will badly miss the Corvette's V8!!) but I would expect the live streams to continue. Most of the commentary is done by Ben Edwards & John Watson.