PDA

View Full Version : 2012 IRC Calendar

Sulland
5th June 2011, 23:39
With Monte Carlo out, and if you could decide, what rallies should be part of the 2012 calendar ?

What kind of split should it have btw gravel, asfalt and snow ?

mousti
6th June 2011, 01:27
I thought they would combine WRC and IRC ? Didn't read to much into it so it could be only WRC and that would be a shame.

wwbroe
6th June 2011, 07:22
I thought they would combine WRC and IRC ? Didn't read to much into it so it could be only WRC and that would be a shame.

It will be only WRC, IRC is out of the picture, at least for Monte. But there are enough other good rally's to keep the championship alive. Pitty that MC is no longer part of it, but so be it.

mousti
6th June 2011, 08:00
It will be only WRC, IRC is out of the picture, at least for Monte. But there are enough other good rally's to keep the championship alive. Pitty that MC is no longer part of it, but so be it.
Just read it Walter, a pity indeed and I think MC will be in the weekend again, Mouton was probably begging on her knees to get them back :-/

They need to find some new nice winter opener for the season.

Hartusvuori
6th June 2011, 08:24
There shouldn't be shortage of events that would be interested in IRC, I think. What about combining more ERC with IRC - Valais, Antibes or the 2012 ERC opener Jänner rally - it's wintry. Last Friday's WMSC had some decision made on upscaling ERC's quality as well, so perhaps not.

If I'd get to pick any rallies (out of WRC) to be on IRC calender, at least Corsica should stay, Ypres and Barum definitely (any talk on 2012 Barum date, see WRC Germany is week later in 2012), Sanremo (if out of WRC), Poland should make for an interesting gravel rally, South-Estonian Rally should do as well. If a 12-event calender, I'd like to see one winter event (be it MC like tarmac or true Scandinavian gravel road winter rally), 4-5 gravel rallies (one or two before season mid-point) and rest on different kind of tarmac.

bluuford
6th June 2011, 08:30
Last time the discussion was going on they told that IRC and WRC both will be there.

Other than that, Madeira, Canarias, Cyprus, Corsica, Acores are nice events, but I hope to see more events on the mainland and maybe outside Europe as well.
Canarias is a beautiful Island with good connection to continent and it had really nice entry as well (last year it was not so good). At the same time Acores and Maderia, same country and they kind of compete with each other. Last year there were only 6 S2000 finishers in Acores and 5 S2000 finishers in top 10 in Maderia (well, there were more S2000 finishers but they were way off the pace). I like Acores more, because of its unique gravel stages.
Cyprus had also very bad entry list but they had good sponsor and this golden stage idea was nice. I think that such a rough gravel is not very good for S2000 class.

So, snow event is needed and maybe some smooth gravel as well, currently it is too much of tarmac (only 2 proper gravel rallies). Finns still have this Pirelli contract and as far as I understand, Swedes and Norwegians are trying to compile some kind of double effort for WRC, so there are not much winter events to choose right now. Maybe Estonia and Latvia should make also double effort for IRC winter rally (Gulbene + Võru winter rally), or Russia (last visit was not so successful, so, it has a lot of difficulties as well) or Poland (It might be hard to find proper snow conditions).
So, other thing is that IRC needs to broaden a bit to the Northern Europe as well.

mousti
6th June 2011, 09:08
For smooth gravel Estonia or Poland would be good or even a Finish rally or like some years ago included in the ERC South Swedish Rally. IRC has alot of tarmac and WRC alot of gravel so it's not so bad.

Bartek
6th June 2011, 09:30
People in Poland have only target, be in WRC Calendar but i don't know why. Gentelman in FIA don't want Rally Poland in calendar so why they don't want to be a part of IRC?

Maybe Mille Miglia will be in the calendar?

wwbroe
6th June 2011, 09:48
For smooth gravel Estonia or Poland would be good or even a Finish rally or like some years ago included in the ERC South Swedish Rally. IRC has alot of tarmac and WRC alot of gravel so it's not so bad.

South Swedish rally would be an excellent idea. I have visited this event on a couple of occasions and i must say that i was very charmed by their stages. ;)

Mirek
6th June 2011, 10:11
bluuford: I'm sure Barum date will be set to avoid collision with Deutschland, so most likely Barum will be a week sooner.

Sulland
6th June 2011, 12:16
So if a 12 round calendar, i would prefer
2 x Winterrally
5 x Gravelrally
5 x Asfaltrally

Winter: could be Arctic rally (fin), and one in either Norway or one of the Baltic countries)

Gravel: Keep the two that are on the calendar, and add, South Swedish, 1 rally in Germany, 1 in east Europe

Asfalt: Take out Canarias and Madeira, keep the rest !

RS
6th June 2011, 14:15
Some tricky decisions ahead for IRC....

I wrote recently on this forum that I thought that the FIA should basically give the commercial rights for the ERC to Eurosport events. This would solve two problems; it would give the ERC a much needed boost and it would be a more realistic name for Eurosport's championship which has struggled with it's attempts to go outside Europe before.

In my opinion they should make the calendar only 8, or maximum 10, rounds and concentrate on quality and not quantity. They should try to make live tv from more rounds.

5/3 asphalt/loose surface or 6/4 (if 10 rounds) would be a good split and yes, including one snow rally in the loose surface events would be a nice idea.

mousti
6th June 2011, 14:38
It's good they concentrate not on outside of Europe, WRC there attempts are always good they have to start there! In IRC not and that's better for the teams who have smaller budget but still can have some nice result in the championship! Fia will never give those rights away. And u need money for more live tv.

Btw the reason of Monte Carlo for having so many live stages ? How comes that to have a great season opener in promoting aspects? Or is there some sponsor or something else behind that it was almost 100 % live?

bluuford
6th June 2011, 14:54
It's good they concentrate not on outside of Europe, WRC there attempts are always good they have to start there! In IRC not and that's better for the teams who have smaller budget but still can have some nice result in the championship! Fia will never give those rights away. And u need money for more live tv.

Btw the reason of Monte Carlo for having so many live stages ? How comes that to have a great season opener in promoting aspects? Or is there some sponsor or something else behind that it was almost 100 % live?

Monte live coverage was fully supported by Automobile Club de Monaco if I am not mistaken. Maybe there was some kind of condition by Monte that they still want to keep the full TV coverage even if they are in WRC but WRC has its promoter already, so that is why it took so long to reach to some kind of agreement. Lets see what happens..

Wim_Impreza
6th June 2011, 15:28
It's good they concentrate not on outside of Europe, WRC there attempts are always good they have to start there! In IRC not and that's better for the teams who have smaller budget but still can have some nice result in the championship!

On the other side, it is named Intercontinental Rally Challenge and the rallies this year are only in Europe. I prefer than the name International Rally Challenge or International Rally Championship if they aren't going outside Europe anymore in the future.

mousti
6th June 2011, 15:30
Monte live coverage was fully supported by Automobile Club de Monaco if I am not mistaken. Maybe there was some kind of condition by Monte that they still want to keep the full TV coverage even if they are in WRC but WRC has its promoter already, so that is why it took so long to reach to some kind of agreement. Lets see what happens..
Thought so that there was a reason for that.

Eurosport will not be the one who will broadcast that, MotorsTV could be they only show motorsport what means they don't have to many agreements to put 10 hours of live rally in it.

bluuford
6th June 2011, 18:42
It would be cool to see IRC Monte live in Eurosport and WRC live in Motors (dreaming) :-)

SkodaSRT
6th June 2011, 19:02
What about the Arcit Lapland Rally?
As an IRC Supporter Event it would make sense.
Like this year the Mecsek Rallye in Hungary.

bluuford
6th June 2011, 19:15
Pirelli tires must be used in all Finnish rallies. It does not work for IRC. The contract ends in 2012 if I am not mistaken, so, until then there is no chance unfortunately.

SkodaSRT
6th June 2011, 19:26
Oh,
Ok thank's for the answer bluuford
It was just an idea.

OldF
6th June 2011, 19:32
Pirelli tires must be used in all Finnish rallies. It does not work for IRC. The contract ends in 2012 if I am not mistaken, so, until then there is no chance unfortunately.

The Pirelli deal ends 2011 so maybe next year..

Pirelli deal (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autourheilu.fi%2Flajit%2Fralli% 2Ftiedotteet%2F18232.aspx)
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autourheilu.fi%2Flajit%2Fralli% 2Ftiedotteet%2F18232.aspx

rp
6th June 2011, 21:25
The Pirelli deal ends 2011 so maybe next year..

Pirelli deal (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autourheilu.fi%2Flajit%2Fralli% 2Ftiedotteet%2F18232.aspx)
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autourheilu.fi%2Flajit%2Fralli% 2Ftiedotteet%2F18232.aspx

Arctic would be perfect!

AndyRAC
6th June 2011, 22:16
If the Monte is out of the IRC - then why not replace with Valais? I was quite impressed with this Rally in 2008 when it was the first event covered live by Eurosport - good stages, stunning scenery - and running it in Jan, you could get a 'Monte' like event.

RS
6th June 2011, 22:56
If the Monte is out of the IRC - then why not replace with Valais? I was quite impressed with this Rally in 2008 when it was the first event covered live by Eurosport - good stages, stunning scenery - and running it in Jan, you could get a 'Monte' like event.

It might feel a little like an immitation Monte, but apart from that I agree what you say about the event. Not a bad idea!

mousti
7th June 2011, 02:19
Yes indeed!

wwbroe
7th June 2011, 07:40

I like this idea as well, it is really a very nice rally with difficult stages. Even when it was run in oktober it was very tricky event. The possibility that they will run again in IRC is rather small tough, i tought it was a financial issue that made them go out of the championship. For me they can come back at any time. ;)

Sulland
7th June 2011, 14:13

But as far as I can read, it does not say anyting on International Rallies on Finish soil, just the Finish Championship - or ?

OldF
7th June 2011, 15:22
The problem with Arctic Lapland is that’s a FC rally. Probably an IRC rally could be held as long as it is a separate rally.

RS
8th June 2011, 10:04
Monte Carlo may still be part of the 2012 IRC calendar according to todays Motorsport News although it will either be run as a separate event or as a sub-class within the WRC event. This is good for IRC and for Monte, but only as Monte is a special case.

It would be good if IRC and WRC could come to some agreement to share resources for television coverage of both events.

PLuto
8th June 2011, 11:31
Yes, it is still possible. We will see what will happen...

HaCo
8th June 2011, 16:00
Janner rally might be a good replacement too! :)

Sulland
5th November 2011, 19:33
Any news on 2012 in Cyprus?

As is?
Merge?

mousti
5th November 2011, 19:45
Peter Baert Eurosport TV commentator said today that the season will be contested out of 12 rounds maybe 13 (under negotation still I, I think Circuit of Ireland). But the season starts and ends on a isle.. With that I think Cyprus will be last event again but first event???

AndyRAC
5th November 2011, 19:56
I'm really disappointed about Rally Scotland - actually, I'm pretty angry. Was very poorly supported by British rallying, should have been a round of the BRC, SRC, etc but as ever ,it seems nobody can see the 'bigger picture'. Live TV broadcasted across Europe - compared to highlights of the BRC a few days a later......
And no finance to back future runnings......

Barreis
5th November 2011, 20:57
It'll be interesting to see the evolution of IRC in next season(s).

Sulland
5th November 2011, 21:16
Peter Baert Eurosport TV commentator said today that the season will be contested out of 12 rounds maybe 13 (under negotation still I, I think Circuit of Ireland). But the season starts and ends on a isle.. With that I think Cyprus will be last event again but first event???

Can that be interpreted into that there will be no ERC/IRC merger for 2012?

MJW
5th November 2011, 21:19
Can that be interpreted into that there will be no ERC/IRC merger for 2012?
Never was planned to merge in 2012 - that was /is 2013

liposh
5th November 2011, 21:27
First round is either Scotland or Irland, they are both on islands. It is very bad, because I was looking forward to see real snow IRC event and that means Arctic rally Lapland is OUT...last possibility is, that first round will be snow rally in Iceland and that reporter has bad pronunciation :D

mousti
5th November 2011, 21:29
Scotland is off for sure, Ireland isn't even confirmed. So I don't know..

The reporter is btw very experienced and his sources came for Eurosport directly, confusing stuff :D

focus206
5th November 2011, 21:51
last possibility is, that first round will be snow rally in Iceland and that reporter has bad pronunciation :D

How much I would like an event in Iceland :cool:

pucky54
5th November 2011, 21:56
Any news about Canarias who tried to get into the calendar again for 2012?

Luis Pacheco
6th November 2011, 12:02
I believe Canarias will start IRC 2012 and the second round maybe Azores.

PLuto
6th November 2011, 18:45
Nothing is sure yet. Also Acores arent sure...

VFTS
6th November 2011, 22:44
First round is either Scotland or Irland, they are both on islands. It is very bad, because I was looking forward to see real snow IRC event and that means Arctic rally Lapland is OUT...last possibility is, that first round will be snow rally in Iceland and that reporter has bad pronunciation :D

There are no proper winterrallyes on Iceland...its not snow and ice like in the other nordic countries. Its a mild winterclimate on the island compared to other nordic countries.There should have been a proper snowevent in IRC, in Sweden, Norway or Finland....or maybe Russia

mousti
6th November 2011, 23:39
I heard on that there will be more gravel rallies, on their provisional calendar, it's indeed not sure, but it shouldn't take long anymore to get the official calendar published.

mousti
8th November 2011, 13:34
I believe Canarias will start IRC 2012 and the second round maybe Azores.
Now I read it on the Autonews site, it makes sense because it's driven on the Canary Islands. Quite a dissapointing as a opener..

pucky54
8th November 2011, 14:31
Now I read it on the Autonews site, it makes sense because it's driven on the Canary Islands. Quite a dissapointing as a opener..

If they really put Canarias on early March, there is a chance of getting snow on the mountain stages...

PLuto
8th November 2011, 17:32
Nothing is sure yet, also calendar written in Autonews. Scotland is out, Poland will be not there, Canarias arent sure yet. I hope that we will see next week.

mousti
8th November 2011, 19:27
I hope it too, and I hope we don't have to wait till april, mostly hope on february.

OldF
18th November 2011, 15:13
Arctic rally would have probably been the opening rally but the 155 000 € asked by IRC organisator was too much for them. Probably no Artic rally in the IRC calendar ever.

Source: newest issue of “Vauhdin Maailma”

PLuto
18th November 2011, 16:11
Arctic is out of IRC, for sure. Not only money was the problem...

pucky54
18th November 2011, 16:24
Arctic is out of IRC, for sure. Not only money was the problem...

Yes, good news :)

alleskids
18th November 2011, 17:21
The provisional 2012 IRC calender

6-7 april : Rally Açores
10-12 may : Tour de Corse
9-10 june : Mecksek rally
22-23 june : Ypres Rally
6-7 july : Rally Sanmarino
21-22 july : Rally Rumania
1-2 septembre : Barum Rally
14-15 septembre : Yalta rally
28-29 septembre : Rally Poland
12-13 octobre: Rallye Sanremo
16-17 novembre : Cyprus Rally

PLuto
18th November 2011, 17:26
Calendar is not correct...

noel157
18th November 2011, 17:57
Possibility of Irish event too if the organisers can scrape some money together.

Barreis
20th November 2011, 13:44
Nice calendar.

pucky54
20th November 2011, 16:01
Nice calendar.

Calendar is not correct...

liposh
20th November 2011, 19:09
pucky54: :D ... but honestly, this is biggest Pluto´s problem :D He knows everything best (which is fact) but he never explains, what is wrong. So most probably the season will start before Acores (Either Irland or Canarian isles or both...or nothing, everything is possible ). Then Rally Sibiu will be most probably BEFORE San Marino. And most important fact: NO Poland (Maybe bulgarian rally Sliven instead of Poland. It doesn´t make any sense, but what does these days? :) ).... Pluto just had to say (with those 4 words) that it is really wasting of time to write such inaccurate calenders. We all just have to wait until the official calender will be revealed.

pucky54
20th November 2011, 19:34
Yeah, at least this and also Cyprus date is wrong

alleskids
20th November 2011, 21:19
This was the only PROVISIONAL calender available on the net. It was also my intention to get reactions and hear the right calender. but the only reaction from those who know (Pluto :) ) is: calender is not correct. whitout saying what is the right one :( :)

Mirek
20th November 2011, 21:44
Guys, PLuto would tell You what is wrong if he could ;)

sal
21st November 2011, 13:54

With that calendar the IRC is playing to the powerhouse of S2000 rallying with 5 rounds in Eastern Europe and 2 in Italy. Bit dissapointing for the rest of us but nothing new there!

pete c
22nd November 2011, 10:09
Now what is it that IRC stands for again ?

mousti
22nd November 2011, 13:25
U can't blame them, it's too expensive for going to another continent. Only WRC can accomplish it a bit good because they're the WRC but their entries aren't also impressive now on these rallies..

wwbroe
22nd November 2011, 15:36
International Rally Challenge :)

I think it is "Intercontinental Rally Challenge" but that name doesn't really cover what the
championship is now looking like. It should become European Rally Challenge and they should become one with European Championship if you ask me. :D

darkstar
22nd November 2011, 16:00
anyhow, its shure yet that irc will become erc in 2013, that is confirmed news already.
who needs oversearallyes in irc? no one...

Mirek
22nd November 2011, 16:02
It has not been confirmed. AFAIK negotiations are still ongoing and there are numerous points unsolved.

darkstar
22nd November 2011, 16:23
you´re probably right mirek but this arcticle is written like its shure yet, although it has a "?" in the topic: IRC künftig als EM?*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2011/10/24/irc-kuenftig-als-em/index.html)

last sentence:" for this year it´s too late because erc has confirmed its calendar yet. but it will happen."

nothing against proton but no one else wants to drive outside of europe. and also proton wasnt at the rallyes in south america for example, they would be maybe interested in asian rallyes.

mousti
22nd November 2011, 20:34
As far as I remember they started "IRC" in 2006, and then it was named "International Rally Challenge", if you search photos from Ypres Rally 2006, you will see that all cars had banners with "international rally challenge" on it, in 2007 they wanted to go "intercontinental" and by that they changed the name of it...
True first year was like that but since 2007 is like u say the official name Intercontinental Rally Championship.

GL Media Pro
23rd November 2011, 12:19

You IRC Calendar is very far from the definitive calendar IRC 2012

Sulland
23rd November 2011, 13:08
Since the IRC ERC merger makes so much sense, it will probably not happen..... :p

Hartusvuori
24th November 2011, 10:29
Arctic Lapland rally organisers have published on their website an article written for their regional newspaper Lapin Kansa. I will translate:

The negotiations held during the autumn to include Arctic Lapland Rally into IRC calender failed at asked 155 000 euro participation money.

Arctic Lapland rally organiser however wish keep the door open for IRC series. IRC organiser Eurosport Events will come to follow the 47th Arctic Lapland rally held January 27.-28. 2012. IRC's tv coverage is even bigger than WRC's, says Arctic Lapland Rally's head organiser Heikki Poranen.

When the one-brand tyre rule in Finnish championship ended in 2011 it makes it possible to try the IRC status, but the organisers need at least a year to collect the 155 000 euro participation fee. Poranen says that this time the IRC deal fell through also on the part of promised entries. IRC organisers promised at least 20 entries whereas Arctic Lapland Rally organisers asked for at least 50 entries.

Source: Lapin Kansa/Kari Pyykkö 20.11. 2011

liposh
24th November 2011, 11:19
I wonder how the merging of IRC and ERC rounds will be done in 2013 :-) Because there is so many rounds and other (like the Arctic rally) are waiting for it. For example would you put into 2013 calender Rally 1000 Miglia or rally San Remo? Lets do it like a quiz. Awaiting your replies ;-)

tolis
24th November 2011, 11:30
Calendar revealed: IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://www.rally-irc.com/html/readnews.asp?id=3315)

2012 Intercontinental Rally Challenge calendar *
Round 1, 23-25 February: Sata Rallye Açores (gravel)
Round 2, 15-17 March: Rally Islas Canarias El Corte Inglés (asphalt)
Round 3, 6-7 April: Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally (asphalt)
Round 4, 11-12 May: Tour de Corse (asphalt)
Round 5, 2-3 June: Canon Mecsek Rallye (Hungary, asphalt)
Round 6, 21-23 June: GEKO Ypres Rally (Belgium, asphalt)
Round 7, 6-7 July: Rally San Marino (gravel)
Round 8, 20-22 July: Sibiu Rally Romania (gravel)
Round 9, 31 August-2 September: Barum Czech Rally Zlín (asphalt)
Round 10, 15-16 September: Prime Yalta Rally (Ukraine, asphalt)
Round 11, 29-30 September: Rally Sliven (Bulgaria, asphalt)
Round 12, 12-13 October: Rallye Sanremo (Italy, asphalt)
Round 13, 2-3 November: Cyprus Rally (gravel/asphalt)

* Subject to FIA World Motor Sport Council approval

Too much tarmac... :(

liposh
24th November 2011, 12:21
Is here some "smiley" moving the head from side to side and saying "I don´t get it, world is going crazy" ??? Let´s do it this way: :confused: :eek: :crazy:
Somebody should tell the IRC organizers that world is not only about money...let´s say Yalta and Mecsek are little bit controversial, because near Yalta there is only one road (two to be honest) and near Mecsek there is only one hill where it all takes place, but rally Sliven in IRC? :eek: I would prefer that famous gravel "auto24 rally Estonia" I know it is not rich enough for IRC but it has beautiful stages and it is not bad and financially-poor rally.

Last question: Is there some lenght limit of rally for IRC? For example at least 200km and max. 400 km? Because romanian rally Sibiul had 160km this year (and not very various, for example two runs of short and two runs of long version of same stage), so I hope it would be much more longer next year.

RS
24th November 2011, 12:59
The calendar is not bad. At least there is more gravel than this year and Ireland is a nice addition. Few too many in Eastern Europe though.

Good to hear that Arctic is possible for the future still.

If/when IRC merges with ERC I would like to see 12 rounds:

Arctic
Ireland
Azores
Canarias
Ypres
Corsica
Bosphurus (Turkey)
Poland
Barum
Sanremo
Cyprus
Valais

Sorry if that offends anyone. Just a first draft :D

Sulland
24th November 2011, 13:05
Calendar revealed: IRC Intercontinental Rally Challenge (http://www.rally-irc.com/html/readnews.asp?id=3315)

Agree!

Bartek
24th November 2011, 13:41
Rajd Polski don't have money to organise IRC round...

mousti
24th November 2011, 13:48
Is here some "smiley" moving the head from side to side and saying "I don´t get it, world is going crazy" ??? Let´s do it this way: :confused: :eek: :crazy:
Somebody should tell the IRC organizers that world is not only about money...let´s say Yalta and Mecsek are little bit controversial, because near Yalta there is only one road (two to be honest) and near Mecsek there is only one hill where it all takes place, but rally Sliven in IRC? :eek: I would prefer that famous gravel "auto24 rally Estonia" I know it is not rich enough for IRC but it has beautiful stages and it is not bad and financially-poor rally.

Last question: Is there some lenght limit of rally for IRC? For example at least 200km and max. 400 km? Because romanian rally Sibiul had 160km this year (and not very various, for example two runs of short and two runs of long version of same stage), so I hope it would be much more longer next year.
WRC is just the same but there is the calendar opposite mainly Gravel rallies.

Pinto
24th November 2011, 13:58
Fair play to Bobby Willis and his team on their acheivment,the Circuit of Ireland was a pale shaddow of its self in past few years but to see it in the IRC im sure it ill bring it back to past glorys.
Andreas Mikkelsen must have a smile on his face after all he spent many of his first year or two rallying on the Irish tar,it ill be good to see him back on the irish stages

sal
24th November 2011, 14:33
All the cards fall into place for Skoda who after all will be the only "works" team doing a full season. Still heavily biased to Eastern Europe, tarmac in the main however some gravel and Kronos selling their S2000 cars. Will be interesting to see if any of the well healed Czech etc "privateer" drivers will be able to mount a serious challenge as they should be able to obtain good sponsorship when so many events are scheduled take place on their relative doorsteps. Guess the loss of the "flyaway" rounds will reduce the opportunity for scoring soft points for the bigger teams so should make for an even closer championship driverwise at least than this year.

Nice to see the Circuit in there but sorry for Scotland. Will the organisers be looking at spectator charging to try and recoup some of the 150K Euro though?

Mirek
24th November 2011, 14:53
Don't see any reason why would more Czech drivers do IRC. Sponsors of most of them have absolutely no interest abroad. Moreover our national rounds will be enough crazy for them (nine instead of seven events with two abroad).

Few points to what was said before...

Yalta and Sibiu is far from being too close. It's 800 km from one to another plus they are completely different events with different surface, nature etc.

True that there is a lot of events in the east but is that bad? It's an area where automobile market keeps growing. This can't be said about the western countries. In this area there is a lot of spectator interest. It's not a Škoda area like mentioned. For example Renault has stronger position there and others like Ford are also very active there.

Still a bit too many asphalt rallies and too many events overall. Agree with that.

sal
24th November 2011, 15:08
Hi Mirek

Please dont ignore the "etc" after Czech! I was meaning drivers from Eastern Europe really and am aware of the domestic situation on the Czech rally scene.

As I posted a page or so ago I'm also aware of the quality and numbers of S2000 and last gen WRC machinery competing in Eastern Europe as I often visit rally sites from various countries in that geographical area and see the images! I think on the IRCs part it makes sense as the events there are likely to be able to come up the 150K Euro or so needed to get a round. Maybe it is a generalisation to say it's Skoda lock out however as they are the current dominant force in S2000 and a calendar loaded with events in their prime markets wont present them with a problem when justifying budgets.

I havent got a problem with the full calendar as I think the events are varied enough regardless of the road surface to make it an interesting proposition.

Sulland
25th November 2011, 08:10
How can they end up with 9 Asfalt, 2 Gravel and one Mix round for 2012, dont they like loose surface ?

In 2011 the numbers were the same but 8-2-1. So with this split getting one more rally the choose another asfalt round. Would have liked to see two more loose surface rallies so the split became 7-5, with one winter rally.

Hopefully the merged series can get something like this in 2013 if it happens !

pucky54
25th November 2011, 08:22
Actually there are 3 gravel events in IRC

ERC also just has 2 gravel events next year.

Mirek
25th November 2011, 08:30
3,5 - Acores, San Marino, Sibiu, Cyprus ;)

Sulland
25th November 2011, 09:16
3,5 - Acores, San Marino, Sibiu, Cyprus ;)

Yes of course, my mistake 3,5, did not see the first one (I need to get glasses :s mokin :)

But still, I think many would like more loose surface - both drivers and supporters!

Wim_Impreza
25th November 2011, 09:22
I hope there won't be again coefficients.

Barreis
25th November 2011, 20:16
Me too. Most stupid rule in rally sport.

Allyc85
26th November 2011, 12:28

2012 Intercontinental Rally Challenge calendar *
Round 1, 23-25 February: Sata Rallye Açores (gravel)
Round 2, 15-17 March: Rally Islas Canarias El Corte Inglés (asphalt)
Round 3, 6-7 April: Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally (asphalt)
Round 4, 11-12 May: Tour de Corse (asphalt)
Round 5, 2-3 June: Canon Mecsek Rallye (Hungary, asphalt)
Round 6, 21-23 June: GEKO Ypres Rally (Belgium, asphalt)
Round 7, 6-7 July: Rally San Marino (gravel)
Round 8, 20-22 July: Sibiu Rally Romania (gravel)
Round 9, 31 August-2 September: Barum Czech Rally Zlín (asphalt)
Round 10, 15-16 September: Prime Yalta Rally (Ukraine, asphalt)
Round 11, 29-30 September: Rally Sliven (Bulgaria, asphalt)
Round 12, 12-13 October: Rallye Sanremo (Italy, asphalt)
Round 13, 2-3 November: Cyprus Rally (gravel/asphalt)

* Subject to FIA World Motor Sport Council approval

Really dissapointing calendar with too much tarmac and events in the same kind of area.

Its also looking likely to be a Skoda fest in the IRC next year, which isnt good for the championship :(

RS
26th November 2011, 15:13
Really dissapointing calendar with too much tarmac and events in the same kind of area.

Its also looking likely to be a Skoda fest in the IRC next year, which isnt good for the championship :(

I see 2012 as a stop-gap year for IRC until R4T rules come on track and the merger with ERC happens. Should still be an entertaining championship with Mikkelsen, Neuville and maybe Hanninen all still there.

Allyc85
26th November 2011, 20:52
That is a fair point :)

If all of those drivers are there I guess it dosnt matter where they rally, as long as it is close :)

Mirek
26th November 2011, 21:08
One good thing on IRC habit to change half of the calendar every year is that we can see many fresh images. For example I'm very curious about Sibiu Rally because it seems it is held in a beautiful scenery.

http://discoverromania.ro/wp-content/gallery/castles-and-fortresses-day-4/sibiu-orthodox-cathedral.jpg

Juha_Koo
26th November 2011, 21:22
I have absolutely no problem with the "eastern expansion". They are growing economies, maybe new sponsors coming up... And beautiful women. :-P

PLuto
29th November 2011, 12:13
One good thing on IRC habit to change half of the calendar every year is that we can see many fresh images. For example I'm very curious about Sibiu Rally because it seems it is held in a beautiful scenery.

I am almost sure that during Rally Sibiul there will be no snow...

mousti
29th November 2011, 19:10
In July ? I guess not or maybe on very high mountains u'll see some :D

liposh
29th November 2011, 19:54
Pluto, give rally Sibiul chance, the countryside is very nice...by the way big shame the special stages very probably won´t be here-this place is 20 km northeast from Sibiu city :D 2847

Micke_VOC
29th November 2011, 22:22
A really disappointing calender.
With rumors about the calender with one snow,five gravel and five tarmac events, ended with only 3,5 gravel.

I have no problem with the events in eastern Europe, but to much tarmac....

pucky54
29th November 2011, 22:44
...with rumors....

like you say: RUMORS!! For sure you will be disappointed if you believe in them.

HarriK
30th November 2011, 12:13
neither had Finnish Arctic Rally money to IRC-competition:

Google Kääntäjä (http://translate.google.fi/translate?hl=fi&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arcticrally.fi%2Findex.php%3Fop tion%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D43%26ca tid%3D2%26Itemid%3D21%26lang%3Dfi)

Micke_VOC
1st December 2011, 12:44
like you say: RUMORS!! For sure you will be disappointed if you believe in them.

The main question are that there to many tarmac events

Mirek
5th December 2011, 14:34
Renault to organize Mégane Trophy in six IRC events.

Calendar:

Ireland
Tour de Corse
Ypres
Barum
Sanremo
Yalta/Mecsek (not decided yet)

mousti
5th December 2011, 15:50
I guess Cherain will participate there and hopefully Princen too! If he get some support..

Barreis
5th December 2011, 20:15
Nice idea with megane trophy.

Sulland
5th December 2011, 20:47
Renault to organize Mégane Trophy in six IRC events.

Calendar:

Ireland
Tour de Corse
Ypres
Barum
Sanremo
Yalta/Mecsek (not decided yet)

Cool, so Renault is signing up with IRC then?

Mirek
5th December 2011, 21:22
Renault had its trophy in IRC events already twice and never registered so we have to wait...

mousti
5th December 2011, 21:43
It's also not a car who can achieve anything in overall classification beside Production Champ. but even this is not easy to win if there's a reasonable driver with a Impreza or Lancer doing some IRC events.

danon
5th December 2011, 23:47

Speaking of beautiful scenery,
here's what it looks like one of the special stages of Rally Sliven in the winter :arrow: Pure Sound - Subaru Impreza AWD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3iKIc18KU4)

danon
8th December 2011, 12:56
Rally fans "party-hardy" at the most iconic and famous rally location
in Bulgarian championship - Called "The Tree"(Rally Sliven) :arrow: Rally Sliven 2010 fan's - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCijIuFmWxE)

Luis Pacheco
8th December 2011, 20:05
Rally fans "party-hardy" at the most iconic and famous rally location
in Bulgarian championship - Called "The Tree"(Rally Sliven) :arrow: Rally Sliven 2010 fan's - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCijIuFmWxE)

Nice show for J.P.Nicolas and Mr.Gavory to see next year. :)

PLuto
8th December 2011, 20:34
Mr. Gavory is out of IRC...

danon
8th December 2011, 22:34
This has nothing to do with rally...

Any sport in the planet earth has something to do with the fans.
They are the ones that make all the difference.
They are like fuel for the car or the oxygen that we need to exist.
They are like wind or weather indicator - good or bad.
The rally sport is no exception!

WRC1
9th December 2011, 14:04
Yes.. But the video gives me more an idea of clowns gathering at a parking... Things go wrong when "fans" want to replace the rally by making their own show, the rally is ment to be the show and the reason why people go there, not this.
Atmosphere at for example the city stage in Barum Rally is great, but there it's at a stage, fans are cheering for their favourite drivers...

absolutly agree with tommeke_B! this has nothing to do with rally.

danon
9th December 2011, 14:16
Yes.. But the video gives me more an idea of clowns gathering at a parking... Things go wrong when "fans" want to replace the rally by making their own show, the rally is ment to be the show and the reason why people go there, not this.

I am not a judge or mentor to tell the fans how to behave.
I'll leave it to you.
I just posted a video.
Here is another one - "SS Bulgarka" :arrow: Bardahl, Audi S1, Hillclimb Bulgarka 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t57yVnvwcdk&feature=related)
A special stage of Rally Sliven leading to the famous - Called "The Tree"

Enjoy!

PLuto
9th December 2011, 14:52
I have seen also the video now. And to this rally is Eurosport bringing IRC...

danon
9th December 2011, 17:54
Eurosport will take the irc to the moon, if possible... depends on the benefits.
Rally Sliven 2011 - Super Special Stage 1 SS1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojL-VNCPvX0)

rallyfiend
9th December 2011, 18:37
Eurosport will take the irc to the moon, if possible... depends on the benefits.
Rally Sliven 2011 - Super Special Stage 1 SS1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojL-VNCPvX0)

If you can pay the fee, you get the rally it seems.

I can see why Rally Bulgaria lasted just the one year in WRC.....

PLuto
9th December 2011, 19:25
Bulgaria and Poland were in WRC because of money and politics, nothing more. But as you can see with Abu Dhabi and their attempt to be a WRC round, it is not only about money...

PLuto
9th December 2011, 19:26
About IRC, in last years there were lot of events which were interested to be in calendar, so Eurosport was choosing and can offer high fee. Now they are taking everybody...

danon
9th December 2011, 23:02
If you can pay the fee, you get the rally it seems.

I can see why Rally Bulgaria lasted just the one year in WRC.....

Nothing comes for free!
Nothing last forever!

danon
9th December 2011, 23:50
As for Bulgaria and Poland in WRC.
I see nothing wrong with that.
If you're smart enough you sell worldwide.
Politics, money, etc... are part of the game (trade).
And believe me, there is more to it.

PLuto
11th December 2011, 13:45
As for Bulgaria and Poland in WRC.
I see nothing wrong with that.
If you're smart enough you sell worldwide.
Politics, money, etc... are part of the game (trade).
And believe me, there is more to it.

Yes, politics and money are part of the game. And most important. But, if you are making calendar, you should look also another aspects like quality of the event...

danon
12th December 2011, 12:37
Yes, politics and money are part of the game. And most important. But, if you are making calendar, you should look also another aspects like quality of the event...

You've made a good point, but...
Quality is a general term with variable value changing constantly all the time
and everyone's trying to improve it. No one's subscribed to it.
And sometimes hard working for it is simply not enough.
It takes much more than that.

shock
16th December 2011, 19:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChwWY0__XE This is the biggest clip of Rally Sliven ! Sorry I don't talk English very well :P

danon
17th December 2011, 15:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChwWY0__XE This is the biggest clip of Rally Sliven ! Sorry I don't talk English very well :P

What a breathtaking story! Simply amazing! That's what I call a rally movie, not yet another vid.

An Oskar nominee to the creator - "lanciahfbg"! Great job, Val! Unique as allways!

All the action unfolds around the already world-famous - Called "The Tree"/ Rally Sliven.

No need of detailed translation to get the whole picture.

Just the words at the begining from 0:00:00 to 0:04:40 :

- (trasnlation) - "... we were prepared for celebration ...",

and at the end from 0:55:33 to 0:55:55:

- (translation) - "The next 5 minutes were the hardest in the entire reportage.
For the second time I happened to mount footages of such a thing and,
believe me, it was not easy at all...
Rest in peace, Andrei!" - are enough!

shock
18th December 2011, 10:40
Onboard Petar Gyoshev Rally Sliven 2011 Bulgarka 2.mp4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wer13bxm5M)

danon
19th December 2011, 00:07
Doesn't say anything about scenary...

I hope it does... :arrow: Сливен | Sliven - SkyscraperCity (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=424397) - pics & vids of a beautiful scenery.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/Ivanski_sf/bul/Karandila2.jpg

shock
19th December 2011, 08:46
Rally Sliven 2008 SS4 part1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPi9Ma5xhpM)

danon
19th December 2011, 15:22
As if the cash comes by itself to your bank account for doing nothing.

Nothing comes by itself!

it's gotta be pushed a tiny bit here and there to start rollin'... like a snowball.
And do not take it too personally, mate. I see no topic overload about the event,
but just a few! posts with information purposes mainly.
Feel free to write as much as you wish/can.
I do not mind!

shock
20th December 2011, 07:07
Rally Sliven 2010 SS Stara Reka 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o09PfbKDRMQ)

danon
21st December 2011, 17:41
Beautiful sceneries...

An alternative lift-way to get to the Special Stages of Rally Sliven,
and a bird's eye view high up from the Karandila locality, where most of the action unfolds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj_rxK_2Fmg&feature=player_embedded

danon
22nd December 2011, 23:44
IRC Rally Sliven - SS Bulgarka

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6swWK6KYHFkLB2pVdQ#from=embed

Prisoner Monkeys
30th December 2011, 11:55
Bulgaria and Poland were in WRC because of money and politics, nothing more. But as you can see with Abu Dhabi and their attempt to be a WRC round, it is not only about money...
Well, I quite liked the Rally Poland when it was run in 2009. It looked pretty good.

shock
31st December 2011, 15:22
Rally Balgar ATT is stupid rally the world to me that only one year in be6e wrc rally Sliven is one of the best rally in Balgar

Barreis
4th May 2012, 20:42
Targa Florio to replace Mecsek Rally on 2012 IRC calendar - IRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99361)