PDA

View Full Version : Richard Childress And Kyle Busch Have A "Physical Confrontation" After Truck Race!!!

slorydn1
5th June 2011, 01:33
Sounds like Kyle Busch has damaged one off RC's race vehicles one time too many....

Jayski'sŪ NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page (http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110604e)

RC is EXACTLY the owner I'd like to drive for!

Sparky1329
5th June 2011, 01:43
Wooo hooo! Way to go Mr C! :D :up:

harvick#1
5th June 2011, 02:16
so with Kyle Busch on probation, his action of slamming Clouter on pitroad and scufffle shall be brought up a suspension.

bout time Kyle got clocked, and by RC to boot, maybe he will finally be brought back to reality like his brother got from Spencer.

I wanna see pics or a video :D

Sparky1329
5th June 2011, 02:50
so with Kyle Busch on probation, his action of slamming Clouter on pitroad and scufffle shall be brought up a suspension.

bout time Kyle got clocked, and by RC to boot, maybe he will finally be brought back to reality like his brother got from Spencer.

I wanna see pics or a video :D

I guess RC got tired of having his race cars/trucks smashed by Kyle.

Suspension for the Golden Child? Really? Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen. NASCAR is one of his major enablers.

Here's what Ray Dunlap posted on his Twitter feed:

"Hot news from the track. Grandpa Childress put a whipping on Kyle Busch in the truck garage. Look for big sun glasses on kubu sun." :up:

00steven
5th June 2011, 04:01
I know that you guys are a bunch of Kyle Busch haters, but what the hell did he do wrong?! A young rookie runs him up the track almost into the wall and Kyle taps him after the race just to let him know he didn't appreciate it. How many times have we seen that? All the time! In fact, I'm sure we've seen your boy Harvick do it a ton in the past.

Now I will accept my punishment for being a Kyle Busch fan...

Proceed with the hate.

harvick#1
5th June 2011, 04:23
I know that you guys are a bunch of Kyle Busch haters, but what the hell did he do wrong?! A young rookie runs him up the track almost into the wall and Kyle taps him after the race just to let him know he didn't appreciate it. How many times have we seen that? All the time! In fact, I'm sure we've seen your boy Harvick do it a ton in the past.

Proceed with the hate.

Joey passed Kyle clean, and Kyle and has no business driving in the Trucks anyway, nor does Harvick. the Truck series is for up and coming drivers getting a chance to drive and get experience. Joey never got into Kyle and the battle was only for 5th. every Nascar fan knows Kyle can never take a lose and he just threw another temper tantrum on the cool down lap and he got what he deserved, he had no right to drive into Joeys car and try to damage it. RC just damaged Kyles little ego

00steven
5th June 2011, 04:43
I'm pretty sure just tonight Kevin said that he wanted to get back up to Allgair and get into him after Justin passed him a little rough. Isn't Allgair an up and comer?

harvick#1
5th June 2011, 04:50
I'm pretty sure just tonight Kevin said that he wanted to get back up to Allgair and get into him after Justin passed him a little rough. Isn't Allgair an up and comer?

saying and doing are completely different, Joey passed Kyle clean, and Kyle couldnt take the lose, which is nothing new, did Harvick go after Justin on the cool down lap, NO!!!!!

00steven
5th June 2011, 05:03
Your head is almost as thick as Harv's! You dislike Kyle, I dislike Kevin. I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.

harvick#1
5th June 2011, 05:16
no its not, I dont believe Harvick or any other Cup driver should be in the Nationwide or Truck series anymore, they have nothing to prove

NickFalzone
5th June 2011, 05:45
Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but from what I've read, RC put Kyle into a headlock and punched him a bunch of times in the face. This was witnessed by quite a few garage guys. If you ask me, Kyle's "punishment" in this situation will significantly pale in comparison to the one RC is about to receive.

Phoenixent
5th June 2011, 05:59
Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but from what I've read, RC put Kyle into a headlock and punched him a bunch of times in the face. This was witnessed by quite a few garage guys. If you ask me, Kyle's "punishment" in this situation will significantly pale in comparison to the one RC is about to receive.

I think that Kyle should have got a lot worse than that. Maybe some time off resting with a broken leg or two..... These are the actions of a PUNK not a professional driver....

Lee Roy
5th June 2011, 13:29

Proceed with the hate.

Don't feel alone, I'm a Kyle Busch fan too. But some of these young guns need to remember that there are some old guys in the garage area who remember the old days when crap like Kyle's used to be handled with a real ass-whippin'. Some of those old guys like Childress are still around.

Lee Roy
5th June 2011, 13:31
no its not, I dont believe Harvick or any other Cup driver should be in the Nationwide or Truck series anymore, they have nothing to prove

I don't think they're trying to "prove" anything, they just like to race. That's the difference between a NASCAR driver and other race car drivers.

00steven
5th June 2011, 15:49
These guys own teams so, I think they should be able to race. It says a lot about both guys that they want to race when they can.

I look forward to seeing what they do to RC because as far as I can see Kyle did no wrong.

MD24
5th June 2011, 16:40
RC put Kyle into a headlock and punched him a bunch of times in the face.

Now if we can only get someone to do the same to Harvick, that'd be great

harvick#1
5th June 2011, 16:43
I look forward to seeing what they do to RC because as far as I can see Kyle did no wrong.

Richard is tired of paying to fix damage cars/trucks from Kyle's wreckless driving in the lower series. this started because Joey passed Kyle clean on the last lap and Kyle door slammed him after the race, which is childish, Kyle is already on probation, but it seems Nascar is turning their eyes again on Kyle because he was once again the person who started this incident, you have to admit that.

NickFalzone
5th June 2011, 17:18
Sounds like NASCAR made their decision. From Jayski:

UPDATE 3: NASCAR officials met with Richard Childress and Kyle Busch Sunday morning at Kansas Speedway. Later NASCAR president Mike Helton met with the media and said that, in NASCAR's view, Kyle Busch did not do anything during or after race to violate his probation. NASCAR considered ejecting Childress from the track but decided to allow him to stay because his teams needed a race-day leader. However, Childress will have restrictions on where he can go during the race and it not likely to be allowed on pit road. In addition, further penalties to Childress will be announced by Tuesday. Following is NASCAR's complete statement: "NASCAR has reviewed the incident involving Richard Childress and Kyle Busch after the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race Saturday at Kansas Speedway. We have met with all parties involved and have determined what happened yesterday is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by NASCAR. Richard Childress's actions were not appropriate and fell far short of the standard we expect of owners in this sport. We have met with Childress this morning and made our position very clear to him. Further, we expect he will make it clear to all in his organization to ensure this situation does not escalate any further. We will announce our actions regarding this incident Monday. Kyle Busch remains on probation with NASCAR and we continue to watch his actions carefully. However, we have determined that Kyle's involvement in this incident does not violate his probation and no further action is required."(6-5-2011)

Sparky1329
5th June 2011, 17:55
RC will undoubtedly be fined and some restrictions could be placed on him at the track for a few races. I doubt that access to his teams could extend beyond restrictions. I'd bet money that Coach Gibbs and Mr C will be meeting to discuss the incident.

NASCAR loves this stuff. This is the stuff that puts butts in the seats.

69doggie69
5th June 2011, 18:11
kayle bush is a wimp cry baby and a two faced puss I hope some one puts you in the wall in every race. kayle needs to man up to his cry baby ways. go home wimp

Lee Roy
5th June 2011, 18:13
NASCAR loves this stuff. This is the stuff that puts butts in the seats.

Bingo.

00steven
5th June 2011, 21:51
kayle bush is a wimp cry baby and a two faced puss I hope some one puts you in the wall in every race. kayle needs to man up to his cry baby ways. go home wimp

Wow that's not a great way to start off on the forum.

NickFalzone
5th June 2011, 22:25
Wow that's not a great way to start off on the forum.

I think the screen name says it all. "Please ban me".

I am evil Homer
6th June 2011, 11:10
Or someone who needs to learn how to spell "kyle"

edv
6th June 2011, 17:28
... Kyle's wreckless driving ...

The oxymoronic spelling mistake of the day!

Stoptheinsanity
6th June 2011, 20:03
So let me get this straight. It is ok for a spoiled brat like Kyle Busch to intentionally shove a driverless car down pit lane endangering every crew member on the pit lane, but it is not ok for Childress to get even with him for it. Kyle Busch needs a beat down from every person that he encounters. He is a spoiled punk that has no respect for any of the people that have made the sport a place that guys like him can earn the money and make a really good living doing it. KB you are a load.

Lee Roy
6th June 2011, 20:16
So let me get this straight. It is ok for a spoiled brat like Kyle Busch to intentionally shove a driverless car down pit lane endangering every crew member on the pit lane,

What about the bozo who left the car parked in the middle of pit road, then jumps out and start wailing away at Kyle still strapped in the car? (Of course that bozo didn't have the stones to do that until he waited until he had some of his crew there to back him up.)

Hey, say what you want about Kyle, I won't defend him, but that brat can outdrive nearly all of the other drivers in NASCAR right now.

Lee Roy
6th June 2011, 21:21
Something just hit me. Seems kinda funny that Childress has such a problem with Kyle Busch wrecking his cars. How long did he have a driver that was wrecking people all over the place - namely Dale Earnhardt. Oh wait, Dale was just "rattlin' cages".

slorydn1
7th June 2011, 03:51
Hey, say what you want about Kyle, I won't defend him, but that brat can outdrive nearly all of the other drivers in NASCAR right now.

Kevin Harvick (2010-2011 Cup only): 49 races, 6 wins, 21 T5's, 33 T10's Avg Finish 10.0 2010 pts pos: P3//2011 pts pos P4-Doesn't lead tons of laps, but knows how to close, by far has the best closer rating (spots made up over the last 10 pct of a race) in Sprint Cup the last couple of years.

Kyle Busch (2010-2011 Cup Only): 49 races, 5 wins, 16 T5's, 25 T10's Avg Finish 13.4 2010 pts pos: P8 2011 pts pos: P5-Leads tons of laps, the most BY FAR the last several years-Very average closer rating, usually finds a way to choke at the end.

Just sayin' :D

PS: For full disclosure, I have been waiting a WHILE to be able to say that :p :

Sparky1329
7th June 2011, 05:17
Kevin Harvick (2010-2011 Cup only): 49 races, 6 wins, 21 T5's, 33 T10's Avg Finish 10.0 2010 pts pos: P3//2011 pts pos P4-Doesn't lead tons of laps, but knows how to close, by far has the best closer rating (spots made up over the last 10 pct of a race) in Sprint Cup the last couple of years.

Kyle Busch (2010-2011 Cup Only): 49 races, 5 wins, 16 T5's, 25 T10's Avg Finish 13.4 2010 pts pos: P8 2011 pts pos: P5-Leads tons of laps, the most BY FAR the last several years-Very average closer rating, usually finds a way to choke at the end.

PS: For full disclosure, I have been waiting a WHILE to be able to say that :p :

Imagine that! Kyle's lack of patience and self-discipline has always been his worst enemy. He seems to be a little better about reining himself in this season but he's still mid-pack in the points race.

harvick#1
7th June 2011, 06:17

:D :up:

how about those DNF's also :p

harvick#1
7th June 2011, 06:57
how do you get suspened in Nascar?

Lucky Dog: What gets you suspended in NASCAR? (http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-gets-you-suspended-in-nascar.html)

great little article, if your a big name, your fine, dont ever worry

Lee Roy
7th June 2011, 12:41

To show that Kevin Harvick is better that Kyle Busch you really have to search hard don't you.

That kinda reminds me of something I heard Minnie Pearl say one time. She said she was staying in a hotel and she called down to the desk clerk and said, "I can see a naked man out of my window". The clerk came up to her room and looked and said he couldn't see anything. She said, "Well you have to get up on the dresser and lean way over this way to see him."

Okay, Kevin Harvick is better than Kyle Busch if you get up on the dresser and lean way over to look at their records.

00steven
7th June 2011, 15:03

Has Kevin Harvick ever won 8 races in one year? And at last check, Kyle has more CUP wins than Kevin and has raced 4 less years than him.

Mark in Oshawa
7th June 2011, 18:38
Ah yes. A Kyle Busch fan (with the exception of maybe Lee Roy) will never see anything wrong with what the punk does, and Harvick fans think their boy is as clean as the driven snow.

Well, the reality is, both can be morons every now and then. That said, what Kyle did at Darlington put everyone in pit lane in danger. He keeps the window net up that night and sits there and lets the crews sort it out, he comes out smelling like a rose really...but instead he does the stupid thing and irrationally puts the driverless car in the wall. Now come a few weeks later, he starts beating on a Childress truck who just happened to pass him fair and square for sixth. So Richard loses it a little and goes old school on him.

I think Childress has to be careful, we all remember what Senior was like at times, and the fuss he raised. That said, Richard Petty had that chat with Earnhardt years ago and pointed out how he could walk into any hauler at the track and get respect, and Ironhead wasn't going to be able to if he didn't change something. Someone needs to have that chat with Kyle. No doubt he is a hell of a talent, but this guy is a suck. Pure and simple. It is well documented...and there is lots of evidence of it. If he wants to continue to be a suck, it is his business, but respect is earned. Harvick isn't a choir boy by an stretch of the imagination, but he rarely starts something. He is great at taking umbrage tho!!!

I am of the Mark Martin or Dale Jr. School....admit you screwed up and move on.......

slorydn1
7th June 2011, 21:41
Has Kevin Harvick ever won 8 races in one year? And at last check, Kyle has more CUP wins than Kevin and has raced 4 less years than him.

To say Shrub has done so much more in much less time is kind of disingenous. In the years 2001-2004 (before Shrub went full time) RCR was really a weakend organization as a whole, and it really didn't start to improve until 2006, but then tanked real bad in 2009..

Until last year, has Kevin Harvick ever had the top notch equipment that Kyle Busch has had the benefit of? Shrub has had nothing but Hendrick and Gibbs stuff his entire career. Since 1995 (16 Seasons) all but 3 championships have come out of those 2 shops.

Forget the two drivers we are discusssing for a moment. What have their teammates been able to accomplish in the time frames they have been there? Pre-Shrub, Harvick knocked out a couple of wins here and there, including a crown jewel race (2003 Brickyard 400)-his teammates hadn't been able to do much-Robbie Gordon did punt Jeffroleum out of the way to win Loudon in 2001, and scored a couple of road course wins.

Shrub joined Hendrick part time in 2004 (6 Cup races) and had an average finish of 35.2-understandable as he was a raw rookie and very very young. His teammates Gordon and Johnson combiined for 13 wins that year. RCR went winless as an orginization that year. The biggest bugaboo was that this was the 10,000 rpm year and RCR lost a ton of engines trying to keep up. Still, in those 6 races, Harv beat shrub by 104 points. Again, understandably so.

2005 thru 2007 was the Shrub at Hendrick era (full season wise) Shrub won 4 races during this time frame, and ran pretty well between DNF's for wrecking, while his teammates combined for 33 wins (one of those by Casey Mears in the Coke 600) and 2 Championships. Harv won 7 races in that time frame (including another crown jewel, the 2007 Daytona 500 and the 2007 Allstar race), and his teamates combined for 3 wins in that time frame. Harv did win 5 races in 2006 alone, so far his best year win wise.

2008 until the present is the Shrub-Gibbs era. in 2008, Shrub won those 8 races, and his teammates Hammy and Tstew chimed in with 2 more for a total of 10 wins. Shrub wins his only crown jewel win, the 2008 Southern 500. Harv went winless, and his teammates added two more. All the RCR cars did make the chase that year, but barely so. SO did all three Gibbs cars. Yet, when it counted, in the chase, Shrub choked, and all 3 RCR teams finished ahead of all 3 Gibbs teams in the final standings, yet the Gibbs teams had been superior all year long.

2009, both Harv and Shrub has subpar years. Shrub did manage to win 4 races, but missed the chase, his teammates combined for 5 more (including a win by Logano at Loudon). RCR went winless again, their struggles being well documented that year.

Finally the 49 race span of 2010-2011 (so far) documented earlier in this thread where the teams have been pretty equal in equipment and harv has a 6-5 edge over shrub in wins. In that timeframe Shrub's teammate (Hamlin) has added 8 wins for a total of 13 by Gibbs, and Bowyer has added two more. Shrub tanked in the chase when it counted last year-Harv was still in it all the way until the end. Harv has added another crown jewel win in that time frame (2011 Coke 600).

You mention (as have I) the 8 win season in 2008. It has been well documented just how badly Shrub choked that year in the chase. By Dover, he was done. But lets toss the chase out the window for a minute. Shrub would not have won the championship that year even if they were using the latford points all year-Carl Edwards would have by 16 over Unibrow...Shrub was but P3, 252 points back. AT least Harv can claim, although it doesn't mean anything, that he would have won the championship last year by 285 points over Unibrow...and he obliterated Shrub by 627 points....Thats 17.4 points per race and an avearge finish, if you prefer, 5.3 positions per race.

So far this year harv is beating shrub by 17 points in this new Bri-Bri system, which is roughly equivalent to 69 points in Latford and we are only 1/3rd of the way through the season.

All told Harv is beating Shrub by 676 points since 2004 (thats 104 points in 04, 555 latford points (with chase adjustments which just so happens to be equal because they both missed the chase the same number of times) from 2005-2010, and the 17 bri-bri points so far this year.

Oh yeah and I'm glad Harvick1 brought up the DNF's. In 371 career starts, Harvick has exactly 17 of them-and 11 of those were engine/equipment related and an argument can be made that a 12th that is officialy listed as a crash could also be equipment related as he blew a motor and crashed in his own oil slick in the 2009 Auto Club 500 at California. So that is 6 crash DNF's (and possibly only 5) in his CAREER. That's a finishing pct of .954

Meanwhile Shrub has made 235 starts and has had 26 DNF's, 17 of which were crashes, the other 9 engine related. That's a finishing pct of .889

And Harv does have a huge Achilles heel. It's called qualifying. He has been a piss-poor qualifier his entire career-by his own admission.

But the major difference between Harv and Shrub, is that Harv fights his way through all of that and almost always finishes better than where he starts. Shrub has a tendency, if things start to not go well, especially with the car, to fall apart. I specify "with the car" because how many times have we seen Shrub get a late race penalty of some kind and come charging back to a top 5, or even a win. It's like he saying "Screw you Nascar, I'll show you....." But if the car is not in top shape he goes into a snit and his performance drops way off, and he even has days like in the 600 where he wrecks completely on his own. I think he gets alot of that from his brother. Harv, on the other hand,gets on teh radio (just like them) and loses it verbally, then digs down and takes it up a notch. I listen to him every race, and he says things on the radio that would make Shrub sound like a chior boy, then magicly picks up 2 tenths a lap driving the "worst car I have ever driven...." About midway through the 600 Harv keyd up the radio and said (paraphrasing) "This is the worst piece of **** I have ever had here." Gil shot back (again, paraphrasing) "yeah and you are the fastest car on the track right now" (which he was at that point, but he was right around p10 at the time).

Look, I've been down this road before. Stan and I had a huge urination activity over this a few years back, and I'm not denying that Shrub is a great driver. He dominates race after race, many times leading triple digit laps in his career, and winning a bunch of races. And he does have 21 Cup wins already in a young career. All I can say there is that in the same number of seasons in THE SAME equipment is that Jeff Gordon had 49 wins and 3 Championships, and Jimmie Johnson had 40 wins and 3 championships, Tony Stewart had 24 wins and 2 Championships. Shrub has had 21 wins and 0 Championships, still a very good record. What would Harvick have had given that level of equipment? We will never know.

00steven
8th June 2011, 01:59
Dale Sr. won 7 championships on RCR. Jeff Gordon and JJ 9 titles for Hendrick. Smoke won multiple titles for JGR.

Why should a driver be punished for showing enough talent to land a top ride??? Are these guys a bunch of talentless hacks? I'm not saying Harv isn't a talented driver, he has won Indy and Daytona, but I am saying that in my opinion I believe Kyle Busch is more talented. Joey Logano has as much equipment as Kyle has, yet look at what he's been able to do... ZERO!!!

Kyle Busch is only 26 years old and look what he's already been able to do. I know you guys hate his punkass attitude (the same one Sr., Stewart, and your boy Harvick have had in their younger years), but the guy is one hell of a driver and that is why I admire him and what he can do behind the wheel.

harvick#1
8th June 2011, 06:25
the difference Slo is trying to say, Kyle had champions of Gordon, Johnson, and Stewart all to learn from.

Harv on the other hand, from being a rookie in 2001 had no mentor, his teammates have been Skinner, R. Gordon, Blaney, Mears, before finally getting a veteran in 2005 in Jeff Burton. IMO, if Sr never passed, Harv could've been a champion already from getting alot of info from learning from Sr.

the thing that Kyles attitude is hit and runaway. guys like Sr, Stewart, Harvick all stood up for themselves and didnt need Nascar to step in first. its actually been confirmed that even after the whole skirmish with Biffle and Edwards in the past and all the talk they had, they have grown now alot of respect for each other now.

Kyle still had zero business to run into Joeys truck on the cool down lap

slorydn1
8th June 2011, 11:22
Dale Sr. won 7 championships on RCR. Jeff Gordon and JJ 9 titles for Hendrick. Smoke won multiple titles for JGR.

Why should a driver be punished for showing enough talent to land a top ride??? Are these guys a bunch of talentless hacks? I'm not saying Harv isn't a talented driver, he has won Indy and Daytona, but I am saying that in my opinion I believe Kyle Busch is more talented. Joey Logano has as much equipment as Kyle has, yet look at what he's been able to do... ZERO!!!

Kyle Busch is only 26 years old and look what he's already been able to do. I know you guys hate his punkass attitude (the same one Sr., Stewart, and your boy Harvick have had in their younger years), but the guy is one hell of a driver and that is why I admire him and what he can do behind the wheel.

Actualy Earnhardt won 6 Championships with RCR, his 1st was with Rod Osterland in the 2 Car in 1980, but I see what you are saying. However, it is well documented, that by the late 90's (when Earnhardt was still driving) that RCR was backsliding in the equipment area, quickly becominng the #3 GM team behind Hendrick and Gibbs (Gibbs ran Chevy thru 1996, pontiac from 1997-2004, and Chevy from 2005-2007). Heck Sr went winless in 1997. And after Dale's death in the 2001 Daytona 500 RC himself even said the company lost focus as a whole and by 2002 was pretty much a 2nd tier team.
Yet, the rookie Harvick was able to win two cup races, finish in the top 10 in cup points AND win the then Busch Series Championship (becoming the first driver ever to drive a full year in both series and win a championship-RCR was the current Gibbs of the Busch Series back then). And it wouldn't even violate Harvick1's edict of no Cup drivers racing in the lower series because Harvick really wasnt a cup driver who was beating up on the little guys that year, he was a Busch driver who happend to be forced into filling the Intimidator's seat in cup.

And I'm not beating up on Shrub because he has been blessed by having the best equipment, merely pointing out that most of the years he has been in cup he hasnt even been the winningest driver on HIS TEAM. Yeah Logano hasnt done squat, but Hamlin has 8 wins since the beginning of 2010, to Shrub's 5. Harvick has 6, to Bowyers 2, and Burton's 0 (and it could have been real easily 7-1 over Bowyer had Nascar been just a smidge quicker with the yellow in the fall Talladega last year).

As for attitude- Shrub isnt in either Harvick's or Tstew's league. Harv and Tstew back up what they say, which in Harv's case has made many hate him (Lee Roy still calls him yap yap for messing with Ricky Rudd after the 2003 Richmond race). That never would have happened with Shrub, Shrub would have run away with his tail between his legs just like he did at Darlington this year. At least KURT Busch would man up and take his beatdown (I still don't understand why he decided to choose Jimmy Spencer as the guy he would have his pissing contest with but :up: to him for not backing down).

FWIW, I don't hate Shrub- I just wish he would stop acting like he is so entitled to everthing. Some on here HATE it when I bring up the Combined National Touring Series
records but I give Shrub props for having 97 wins already-tying him with Dale Sr and DW for p3 on the ALL TIME list in that catagory. Oh and Harv's 63 wins (P10) means that he a'int no slouch, either, especialy when one considers that 5 of his 37 Nationwide wins, as well as all 9 of his truck wins are IN HIS OWN STUFF. His truck teams have been top notch, but his Nationwide equipment has been found lacking when compared to the Gibbs and Roush camps.

I have read pretty much all the articles about this weekends incident and a great number of the attached comments to those articles-and I think its telling when an obvious RCR crewmember (unanamed, but obvious from his comment) said that crew members from MULTIPLE organizations and even a few drivers (Harvick being the first) are chipping in $$$ to pay RC's fine (not that he needs it). And why would someone of RC's stature even want to punch Shrub in the head, no less actually go through with it? He needs to ask himself those questions. Would the rest of the garage area be in a hurry to back him up? Would even his own teammates? I'm not so sure.

the difference Slo is trying to say, Kyle had champions of Gordon, Johnson, and Stewart all to learn from.

Harv on the other hand, from being a rookie in 2001 had no mentor, his teammates have been Skinner, R. Gordon, Blaney, Mears, before finally getting a veteran in 2005 in Jeff Burton. IMO, if Sr never passed, Harv could've been a champion already from getting alot of info from learning from Sr.

the thing that Kyles attitude is hit and runaway. guys like Sr, Stewart, Harvick all stood up for themselves and didnt need Nascar to step in first. its actually been confirmed that even after the whole skirmish with Biffle and Edwards in the past and all the talk they had, they have grown now alot of respect for each other now.

Kyle still had zero business to run into Joeys truck on the cool down lap

Actually, I hadn't really given that much thought I was more focusing on the equipment, but yeah, that is very true. Heck the reason why Harvick got hired by RC in the first place was because Dale Sr told RC that if he didn't hire him then Sr was going to-he really liked what he saw. Then all too soon, Sr was dead and Harv was in his seat without really much of a clue as to what he was up against. And he never really had the benfit, as you said, to learn from the championship teammates.

As for the deal with Coulter, I don't know. Some say that had it been Harvick who did that then he would have been HAMMERED by Nascar for it. I'm not so sure. It's a popular misconception that Harvick got suspended for dumping Coy Gibbs in that truck race while being on probation. For those who forgot, back in 2002 at Martinsville Coy Gibbs spun Harvick out. Harvick saved the truck, pitted, got 4 tires, worked his way back through the field and gave Coy a shot in the tail which moved him up the track and he passed him. The very next turn Gibbs dumped Harvick AGAIN. Harv went NUTS and spun Gibbs out for it and Nascar parked Harvick, with zero penalty for Gibbs. Harv then parked his truck infront of the Nascar hauler and stormed off-causing Bill France Jr himself to fly in from Daytona and suspend Harvick for the Cup race. Harvick got suspended for his post race actions, not for what happened out on the track. And why was he even on probation in the first place? For GRABBING and yelling at Biffle for outright dumping him at Bristol in a Busch race, sending Harv headfirst into the wall. No punches thrown, nothing like that. So yeah, I guess it does smack as a little unfair that Harv ultimately got the death penalty for some post race stuff but Shrub has "done nothing wrong that in Nascar's eyes constitute a violation of his probation" for ramming Coulter after the truck race but I see it as happening in a different era. Back in the early 2000's all the major sports, inlcuding Hockey for a time, were beginning to really lower the boom on anyone who showed any emotion or got mad at pretty much anything, and nascar was following suit, trying so badly to be more like the NFL. But this is the new "have at it" era so Nascar isn't going to be as quick to hammer someone for a little tap on the cool down lap, as long as it doesn't escalate further.

Lee Roy
8th June 2011, 12:41
slorydn1, be careful not to fall off of that dresser.

slorydn1
8th June 2011, 14:10
slorydn1, be careful not to fall off of that dresser.

I guess you could tell I was ignoring you, huh :D

Sorry didn't mean to offend you Lee Roy, but as our resident old timer I thought I should show you the proper respect you have earned over the many years....

Unlike a certain driver....oh well never mind, let me go in the corner and punch myself out so I don't have to make you do it for me :p

Lee Roy
8th June 2011, 15:33
Not offended at all. Actually I'm quite impressed with your statistical analysis of the two drivers.

And I don't dislike Harv, I just don't think he's all that much different from Kyle when it comes to maturity and attitude. And you did notice at Darlington that Harv didn't approach Kyle's car until his big crew members were there to back him up, didn't you? Why did he wait? What was he afraid of?

And for shading drivers performances with whether a team is up or down, I don't buy that. That is all subjective. When you get on the track you have to perform. Kyle has shown that he can get the job DONE. Harv has done great also, but Kyle has done more in less time. That's a fact.

00steven
8th June 2011, 16:10
Not offended at all. Actually I'm quite impressed with your statistical analysis of the two drivers.

And I don't dislike Harv, I just don't think he's all that much different from Kyle when it comes to maturity and attitude. And you did notice at Darlington that Harv didn't approach Kyle's car until his big crew members were there to back him up, didn't you? Why did he wait? What was he afraid of?

And for shading drivers performances with whether a team is up or down, I don't buy that. That is all subjective. When you get on the track you have to perform. Kyle has shown that he can get the job DONE. Harv has done great also, but Kyle has done more in less time. That's a fact.

Exactly! Kyle's only 26 and has already won 21 races. That's more than Harvick, Edwards, Hamlin, Earnhardt Jr., Kenseth, Newman, Biffle, Kahne, and just as many as Bobby Labonte. All guys who have been around longer then Kyle.

tstran17_88
11th June 2011, 18:32
Exactly! Kyle's only 26 and has already won 21 races. That's more than Harvick, Edwards, Hamlin, Earnhardt Jr., Kenseth, Newman, Biffle, Kahne, and just as many as Bobby Labonte. All guys who have been around longer then Kyle.Not that I doubt Kyle's talent, but it's a very unfair comparison with Bobby LaBonte. Bobby started with Bill Davis, was with Gibbs when they were still an up & coming team, and has been in crap ever since he left Gibbs. (No offense to Petty fans).

I probably could make the same argument for all the drivers on the list since Kyle was with Hendrick & Gibbs when they were pretty much on top of their games. Roush & RCR have had down years, and well, Joonyer is who he is & Kahne has been in some crappy equipment as well.

00steven
11th June 2011, 18:47
Bobby Labonte used to be my favorite driver. I just brought it up because the stats say they each have 21 wins. Bobby is a champion, that's something Kyle can't say...yet.

call_me_andrew
13th June 2011, 06:03
I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, but I want to give it a try.

Maybe NASCAR is going to move RC's fine into a slush fund to pay Kyle Busch. Why? To keep Kyle from filing criminal charges in Kansas that would likely land one of NASCAR's biggest car owners (and a personal friend of the France Family) in jail.

NickFalzone
16th June 2011, 02:25
The Spence throws Happy Harv the crying towel this week for running Kyle all over the track at Pocono, funny stuff:

SPEED Best of Race Hub: Jimmy's Take - June 15, 2011 - NASCAR.COM Video (http://www.nascar.com/video/speed/race-hub/110615/cup-speed-jimmy-harvick/index.html)