PDA

View Full Version : BTCC: Oulton Park Rounds 10, 11 and 12

Allyc85
4th June 2011, 11:15
First practise has been and gone with Hondas 1 and 2 lead by Shedden.

1. Gordon Shedden Honda Racing Team (http://www.crash.net/btcc/results/169886/1/oulton_park__free_practice_1.html#) Honda Civic 1min 27.558secs
2. Matt Neal Honda Racing Team Honda Civic 1min 27.944secs
3. Jason Plato Silverline Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze 1min 28.406secs
4. Alex MacDowall Silverline Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze 1min 28.445secs
5. Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Vauxhall Vectra 1min 28.471secs
6. Robert Collard West Surrey Racing BMW 320si 1min 28.526secs
7. Mat Jackson Airwaves Racing Ford Focus 1min 28.549secs
8. Tom Chilton Team Aon 'Global' Ford Focus 1min 28.875secs
9. James Nash 888 Racing with Collins Contractors Vauxhall Vectra 1min 28.930secs
10. Andy Neate Team Aon 'Global' Ford Focus 1min 28.967secs
11. Tom Boardman Special Tuning Racing SEAT Leon 1min 29.110secs
12. Paul O'Neill GoMobileUK.com with Tech-Speed Chevrolet Cruze 1min 29.345secs
13. Dave Newsham Special Tuning Racing SEAT Leon 1min 29.348secs
14. Tony Gilham 888 Racing with Collins Contractors Vauxhall Vectra 1min 29.443secs
15. Jeff Smith Pirtek Racing Vauxhall Vectra 1min 29.535secs
16. Nick Foster West Surrey Racing BMW 320si 1min 29.642secs
17. Liam Griffin Airwaves Racing Ford Focus 1min 29.726secs
18. Tom Onslow Cole AmD Milltek Racing Volkswagen Golf 1min 30.281secs
19. John George GoMobileUK.com with Tech-Speed Chevrolet Cruze 1min 30.399secs
20. Rob Austin Rob Austin Racing Audi A4 1min 31.140secs
21. Lea Wood Central Group Racing Honda Integra 1min 31.261secs
22. Tony Hughes Speedworks Toyota Avensis 1min 31.864secs
23. Frank Wrathall Dynojet Toyota Avensis 1min 32.209secs
24. Chris James Team ES Racing.com Chevrolet Lacetti 1min 32.807secs

Allyc85
4th June 2011, 12:53
FP2 on now :)

Live Timing (http://www.tsl-timing.com/toca/LiveTimingTOCA.html)

VkmSpouge
4th June 2011, 15:53
Qualifying
1 Gordon Shedden 1m27.355
2 Matt Neal 1m27.505
3 Andy Neate 1m27.778
4 Jason Plato 1m27.782
5 Andrew Jordan 1m27.914
6 Tom Chilton 1m28.044
7 Alex MacDowall 1m28.091
8 Paul O'Neill 1m28.278
9 James Nash 1m28.319
10 Mat Jackson 1m28.445
11 Jeff Smith 1m28.508
12 Tom Boardman 1m28.529
13 Tony Gilham 1m28.584
14 Rob Collard 1m28.617
15 Liam Griffin 1m28.735
16 Dave Newsham 1m28.768
17 John George 1m29.190
18 Frank Wrathall 1m29.252
19 Nick Foster 1m29.398
20 Tom Onslow-Cole 1m29.753
21 Lea Wood 1m29.794
22 Rob Austin 1m29.901
23 Chris James 1m31.014
24 Tony Hughes 1m31.605

Good pole position by Gordon Shedden, can anyone stop the Hondas tomorrow?

Great qualifying by Andy Neate. Superb performance to get 3rd place, I really hope he has a good trio races tomorrow.

Decent effort by Frank Wrathall too to be within two seconds of pole position, clearly they've taken a step forward with the Toyota.

Tom Onslow-Cole will be disappointed to be down in 20th.

Lots of cars damaged at the end of the session.

Sarah
5th June 2011, 12:22
Fantastic memories from Owy's win at Oulton 2002 - loved him re-doing the kiss on the ground. The rain could make things interesting...

Dave B
5th June 2011, 12:47
Wtf was Neate up to on the last lap?

Edit, reply shows Smith totally at fault. Sorry Andy!

Sarah
5th June 2011, 12:51
Yes the reply showed it better. Shame for Tom B

Brown, Jon Brow
5th June 2011, 12:58
Wtf was Neate up to on the last lap?

Edit, reply shows Smith totally at fault. Sorry Andy!

At first I thought that Neate had turned into Smith on the straight, but it was Smith who tried to squeeze Neate. Very stupid. Tom Boardman will be a very pissed, he looked like he was going to get 6th, but this has ruined the rest of his weekend.

Allyc85
5th June 2011, 12:58
What the hell was Smith thinking, driving into Neate on the straight and ruining a great drive for them both and Tom Boardman, who might be lucky to get out again today. It will be interesting to see what the new driving standards judge makes of it. Such a shame though as up until the last lap it had been a cracking race, with some hard but fair racing.

VkmSpouge
5th June 2011, 13:01
Race 1 Results:

1 Gordon Shedden
2 Jason Plato
3 Alex MacDowall
4 James Nash
5 Rob Collard
6 Nick Foster
7 Lea Wood
8 Matt Neal
9 Andy Neate
10 Andrew Jordan
11 Tom Onslow-Cole
12 Dave Newsham
13 Paul O'Neill
14 Tony Gilham
15 Liam Griffin
16 Jeff Smith
17 Tony Hughes
18 Tom Chilton
DNF Tom Boardman
DNF Chris James
DNF John George
DNF Rob Austin
DNF Mat Jackson
DNF Frank Wrathall Jr.

Gordon Shedden making a great tyre call to win the race. Good result for Chevrolet too in 2nd and 3rd.

Great results for Nick Foster and Lea Wood! First BTCC points for Wood, with the right tyres both he and Foster went from 19th and 21st on the grid to finish career bests 6th and 7th! Well done to both :)

I feel really sorry for Tom Boardman. He was going so fast and then to be an innocent victim of Jeff Smith was just bad luck.

Sarah
5th June 2011, 15:05
OMG !!!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
5th June 2011, 15:08
Drama!

JasonPotato
5th June 2011, 15:13
lmao @ Neal and Shedden. WOW and what Plato said at the end. Certainly a few things to discuss here.

Eurotech
5th June 2011, 15:15
WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT???

What was Matt Neal doing hitting Shedden not once but twice in that race, eventually taking him off ?!?!?!?!?

Suprised at Jason's outburst on camera there but Neal did get past him a bit ridiculously easily twice in that race. Incredible race, good driving by Collard to get the Beemer on the podium for his new team "Team Ebay" instead of WSR...

Congrats to Lea Wood for earlier too :)

Dave B
5th June 2011, 15:16
That was.... different.

Eurotech
5th June 2011, 15:18
I've also just realised Matt Neal ruined my pickems too cos I had Shedden for a win... dayng. :mad:

JasonPotato
5th June 2011, 15:22
As i'm a Chevrolet fan i was laughing but i do not like to see that happen as i have much respect for Neal and Shedden and i still cannot believe whats just happened. Neal had previous warnings the lap before so why he didn't brake extra early and settle for second i do not know. This will make it interesting for race 3 with Neal coming from the back. Great job from Rob Collard but i would of liked to see the move on James Nash he pulled of...

Allyc85
5th June 2011, 15:22
Mat Neal take a bow son, I havnt laughed that hard at a touring car race in ages!

VkmSpouge
5th June 2011, 15:26
What on Earth was Matt Neal doing at the last corner? Reminds me of the two Toyotas taking each other out in 1993 or 1994 at Silverstone while leading.

Jason Plato, is he ever happy? The Honda Civics do seem dominant at the moment but the Chevies seem perfectly competitive with the rest of the S2000-NGTC cars (heck even Lea Wood in a heavy, old Integra can still compete in the right conditions).

Wasted Talent
5th June 2011, 16:37
Mat Neal take a bow son, I havnt laughed that hard at a touring car race in ages!

x2 :) :) :)

WT

Robinho
5th June 2011, 17:08
brilliant, Team Dynamics prve that Karma is still a force to be reckoned with, not that it will prevent them from continuing to run into the back of people to move them out of the way, but taking each other out at the final corner is pretty funny, and for the team, unforgivable

Robinho
5th June 2011, 17:11
no TOC in the final race, apprently split with the team?!?

Eurotech
5th June 2011, 17:12
Onslow-Cole and AMD Milltek have parted company? eh?

Robinho
5th June 2011, 17:13
you would have thought they would have waited til after the last race, you never know whats going to happen and luck into a result

Sarah
5th June 2011, 17:15
Well if that news on the grid is true let's hope TOC can find a decent drive

Sarah
5th June 2011, 17:20
Oh no....poor Owy

Eurotech
5th June 2011, 17:51
Shame for Paul O'Neill there, maybe should have been a tad more patient behind Nick Fosters BMW but thats just racing...

Congrats Mat Jackson and well done also to Rob Austin, great showing for the Audi. :) I was also suprised to see the lack of "classic Matt Neal" move on Andy Jordan given that Matt seems intent on also doing that to his team mates nowadays...

Sarah
5th June 2011, 18:04
Very impressed with Andrew Jordan's driving in that one and well done to Jackson & Boardman.

VkmSpouge
5th June 2011, 18:05
Congratulations to Mat Jackson on a fine race win. Matt Neal certainly charged through the field to get a fine fourth place. Three points finishes for Nick Foster today, great weekend for him! It was good to see Rob Austin running so high in his Audi until he went off.

The championship is shaping up very nicely with the top 6 separated by 15 points!

Any idea why Tom Onslow-Cole split from AmD? You think they would have waited until after the last race.

m.lowe
5th June 2011, 18:10
whinging when AON where winning
Whinging now Honda doing well and the other turbo cars are going good.
Old Seat's where diesel turbo? any whinging back then?

Alan Gow has an excellent championship but the people on track that just whine time and time again its time to change the record.

Does anyone know why Chevrolet never went turbo?

Well done to Team Airways Focus, non turbo car wins

m.lowe
5th June 2011, 18:11
shame for TOC / AmD and the Golf
BTCC is getting better than rallying to watch lately
Oooh did I just say that lol

Allyc85
5th June 2011, 18:47
Thats terrible that TOC left the team 15 minutes before the last race, and that he already has a drive lined up. If this is true then its a very unprofessional way of doing it!

autosport.com - BTCC News: Onslow-Cole splits with AmD Milltek (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92027)

AndySpeed
5th June 2011, 19:28
Whether Plato has a case or not, his attitude is starting to grate now and seems to be quite unprofessional.

In tennis I'm a massive Rafael Nadal fan. Why? Because he plays well but is also a good man and gracious in defeat. How anyone can be a fan of Plato when he reacts in front of the cameras like that after winning a race is beyond me. Must be due to the crazy world of motorsport.

VkmSpouge
5th June 2011, 19:57
So Tom Onslow-Cole leaves the team 15 minutes before the final race because he has a deal to race with someone else at Croft? I can understand him wanting to be in more competitive machinery but really, couldn't he have stuck with the team for another hour and raced? I wonder what his side of the story is?

Alfa Fan
5th June 2011, 20:11
I think you've misunderstood. It's still totally unprofessional on TOC's part, but, before the 3rd race he informed Shaun he was quitting after this weekend. Given Shaun is still paying the bills for the AMD operation, he quite reasonably decided that TOC would not be racing in the final race.

Robinho
5th June 2011, 20:13
whinging when AON where winning
Whinging now Honda doing well and the other turbo cars are going good.
Old Seat's where diesel turbo? any whinging back then?

Alan Gow has an excellent championship but the people on track that just whine time and time again its time to change the record.

Does anyone know why Chevrolet never went turbo?

Well done to Team Airways Focus, non turbo car wins

I'm inclined to agree with you, except that the Airwave Focus is a Turbo isn't it?

And there is still a discrepancy, those Hondas were just driving past the non-turbo's (Not just the chevy's) out of the corners, on the straights, everywhere

vfj
5th June 2011, 20:48
Had great day at Oulton racing was superb == owy hard luck really trying ps Hondas to fast

F1boat
5th June 2011, 21:14
Very entertaining races, the end of race 2 was even crazier than the Turkish GP last year. Boo and hiss for Plato, a great driver, but too manipulative, it seems that he won't be happy until the BTCC is like the WTCC, a one car show.

RMLCruzeing82
5th June 2011, 21:15
well me and the misses just got home from what was action packed weekend of racing.

BTCC Race 1: good run from Plato and McDowell and big shout to Chris James well done that man on a great drive in race 1 and wood. stunning drive

BTCC race 2: Yay!! Plato and Neal thx 4 the race win u plank rofl!! and again well done to Chris James.

BTCC: action packed but stunning drive by Jackson and neal seems to be going back to his old way of nudging cars out the way again but looking at jordon great drive and i just hope he doesn't get that unfair advantage penalty for cutting knickerbrook.

MrJan
6th June 2011, 12:45
I can't believe that people are moaning about Plato when someone has been as classless as TOC. When he arrived in the BTCC I thought he was a poncey middle class twat that needed a slap. I've slowly been growing to actually like the bloke and what he's been doing. But now to step out like that, and to only go to AON who have been floundering at best, he's gone right back down in my estimation. What a c***!

F1boat
6th June 2011, 12:47
I never liked TOC - at least now I have a reason :D

Alfa Fan
6th June 2011, 13:13
What I want to know is the reaction of people who bought into YRC :laugh:

They've been funding him racing, and he quits them in the middle of a meeting!

You couldn't make it up.

I'm looking forward now to getting my £50 from Mr. Hollamby.

MrJan
6th June 2011, 13:15
What I want to know is the reaction of people who bought into YRC :laugh:

They've been funding him racing, and he quits them in the middle of a meeting!

You couldn't make it up.

I'm looking forward now to getting my £50 from Mr. Hollamby.

Shirley you sponsor the team, which will still be running in the remaining rounds. Just because it's Hollamby in the drivers seat instead of TOC doesn't mean you should get your cash back :p :

Allyc85
6th June 2011, 16:39
Two videos taken by one of the lads on feoc-uk.com showing the high tech way they sort of straightened Smiths car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRfWXlz7ceE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tvS-dmmDKo&feature=player_embedded

Any news of a penalty for Smith?

AndySpeed
6th June 2011, 17:20
Any news of a penalty for Smith?

Yes - Smith was fined £500 and given 3 penalty points on his competition licence.

kasi232
6th June 2011, 23:40
Hi did anyone manage to get a photo or video of the John George crash, we were stood where he crashed and just dived out of the way along with marshalls amazingly he carried on driving but given the state of the crash barrier (pushed in 2 feet and 3 broken posts) it must have been spectacular to have seen it from the campsite side of the trach.

Eurotech
6th June 2011, 23:42
Forget spending billions in wind tunnels, we want to see some blokes straightening out a Vauxhall Vectra with a winch! Thats the sign of a true sport... take notice F1.

RMLCruzeing82
7th June 2011, 10:22
Hi did anyone manage to get a photo or video of the John George crash, we were stood where he crashed and just dived out of the way along with marshalls amazingly he carried on driving but given the state of the crash barrier (pushed in 2 feet and 3 broken posts) it must have been spectacular to have seen it from the campsite side of the trach.

yeah =)

YouTube - ‪John George crash 5th June 2011‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLq3zSA_qw&feature=related)

kasi232
7th June 2011, 20:16
Thankyou :)

Allyc85
7th June 2011, 21:33
Big hit that, tech speed have a bit of work to on both cars unfortunately :(

In amongst the arguing over turbos and crashing team mates, I think Nick Foster and Lea Wood deserve a mention for some great performances at the weekend. both showed you can race hard but clean in the BTCC and got their rewards.

Eurotech
8th June 2011, 09:07
In amongst the arguing over turbos and crashing team mates, I think Nick Foster and Lea Wood deserve a mention for some great performances at the weekend. both showed you can race hard but clean in the BTCC and got their rewards.

Yeah and Rob Austin, good showing in the Audi, that car is looking better and better every time it comes out :)

BDunnell
15th June 2011, 17:50
Big hit that, tech speed have a bit of work to on both cars unfortunately :(

Only just watched the three races. Indeed, Nick Foster had a great meeting. He raced hard but fairly, and knew when to get out of the way.

Alfa Fan
15th June 2011, 18:32
Shirley you sponsor the team, which will still be running in the remaining rounds. Just because it's Hollamby in the drivers seat instead of TOC doesn't mean you should get your cash back :p :

Oh the cash thing is separate. I didn't and wouldn't buy into YRC. I have a bet with Shaun that they won't get a podium this season.