14 Capirossi Ducati
15 Barbera Ducati
16 Edwards Yamaha

MrMetro
3rd June 2011, 22:30
Colin Edwards has broke his right collarbone

From motogp.com

The fifth round of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship ended in premature and
painful fashion for Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Colin Edwards after sustaining a
broken right collarbone following a heavy crash in this afternoon's second free
practice session...

The track dried rapidly and with just over 15 minutes remaining, the field
switched to slick tires and lap times significantly improved with the better
conditions. Edwards had completed one run on slick rubber when he switched
bikes and was an out lap when he crashed at Turn 5. He landed heavily and was
immediately attended to by trackside marshals before being transferred to the
Medical Centre, where further checks revealed he suffered a broken right
collarbone.

gids73
4th June 2011, 00:29
15 bikes to race - awesome... Cant believe Honda didnt give Xaus a call to ride Pedrosa's bike, haha!

Casey is quick! Hopefully Simoncelli can entertain in some way or another...

Rod Richardson
4th June 2011, 10:11
Moto GP FP3
Stoner still the man to beat

1, Stoner Repsol Honda
2. Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing
3. Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini
4. Spies Yamaha Factory Racing
5. Dovisioso Repsol Honda
6. Hayden Ducati Team
7. Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3
8. Rossi Ducati Team
9, Capirossi Pramac Racing Team Ducati
10 Bautista Rizla Suzuki Moto GP
11 Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati
12 De Puniet Pramac Racing Ducati
13 Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini
14 Barbera Mapfre Aspar Team Moto GP Ducati
15 Elias LCR Honda Moto GP

Rod Richardson
4th June 2011, 11:41
Moto 2 FP3
Moto 2

1, Luthi
2.. Smith
3. Marquez
4. Redding
5. Iannone
6. Esparago
7. Simon
8. Cluzel
9, Bradl
10 Pirro
11.Krummenacher
12.De Angelis
13. Wilairot
14. Aegerter
15. Pons
16. Kallio
17. Di Meglio
18. Sofuoglu
19. Takahash
20. Corsi

Rod Richardson
4th June 2011, 13:03
125 Qulifying

1, Terol Apr
2. Zarco Derbi
3. Faubel Apr
4. Folger Apr
5. Cortese Apr
6. Kent Apr
7. Viales Apr
8. Moncayo Apr
9, Vazquez Derbi
10 Gadea Apr
11. Salom Apr
12. Iwema Apr
13. Martin Apr
14. Oliveira Apr
15. Masbou KTM
16 Webb Mahandri
17. Khairuddin Derbi
18. Kornfeil. Apr
19. Morciano Apr
20. Schrotter Mahindra

Allyc85
4th June 2011, 13:06
Great to see Kent in 6th there :)

Allyc85
4th June 2011, 14:04
And Cal Crutchlow in 6th in the Moto Gp :)

Cany anyone translate what the spanish were shouting at Simoncelli after he got pole, which the eurosport commentators wouldnt repeat?

Rod Richardson
4th June 2011, 14:14
Moto GP Qualifying
Well...............how about that.........Simoncelli numero uno.

1, Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini
2. Stoner Repsol Honda
3. Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing
4. Spies Yamaha Factory Racing
5. Dovisioso Repsol Honda
6. Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3
7. Rossi Ducati Team
8. Hayden Ducati Team
9, Bautista Rizla Suzuki Moto GP
10 Barbera Mapfre Aspar Team Moto GP Ducati
11 Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini
12 De Puniet Pramac Racing Ducati
13 Capirossi Pramac Racing Team Ducati
14 Elias LCR Honda Moto GP
15 Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati

Rod Richardson
4th June 2011, 22:16
Moto 2 Qualifying

1, Bradl
2. Esparago
3. Takahashi
4. Luthi
5. Marquez
6. Smith
7. Kallio
8. Simon
9, Rabat
10 Cluzel
11. Redding
12. Aegerter
13. Fores
14. Pirro
15. Corsi
16 Pons
17. Sofuoglu
18. Corti
19. Krumenacher
20. De Andelis

NinjaMaster
5th June 2011, 09:27
Ooh, MotoGP could be very interesting with Simo on pole. Hoping Casey can get through unscathed and a battle royale between best friends, Lorenzo and Simoncelli. ;) Dovizioso to run Rossi to the line again? :)

Moto2 will be very interesting, Iannone fastest in warmup but starting 22nd! :crazy:

osg
5th June 2011, 10:57
Just finished watching the 125's.... race direction is getting a little out of control with the penalties. There was no way in hell that Terol was going remain on track, even without Zarco on the inside. They both seemed to be jostling, so why penalize just Zarco, he had the inside line for god's sake!!

Terol's arrogance is astounding, he lost Le Mans over his own idiocy, and deserved to lose that race after the antics of the last couple of laps.

NinjaMaster
5th June 2011, 11:06
Just finished watching the 125's.... race direction is getting a little out of control with the penalties. There was no way in hell that Terol was going remain on track, even without Zarco on the inside. They both seemed to be jostling, so why penalize just Zarco, he had the inside line for god's sake!!

Terol's arrogance is astounding, he lost Le Mans over his own idiocy, and deserved to lose that race after the antics of the last couple of laps.

Race direction certainly are having to earn their money recently! I thought Zarco deserved a penalty but 20 seconds was very harsh, he changed his line slightly to force Terol off the track (and I reckon he would've won had he just held his natural line) but like you say, Terol is riding with arrogance and it would've been great to see him get done again like Marquez did to him last year and Vinales last week..

osg
5th June 2011, 11:26
Race direction certainly are having to earn their money recently! I thought Zarco deserved a penalty but 20 seconds was very harsh, he changed his line slightly to force Terol off the track (and I reckon he would've won had he just held his natural line) but like you say, Terol is riding with arrogance and it would've been great to see him get done again like Marquez did to him last year and Vinales last week..

If there was to be a penalty, i would have thought a position swap would have been sufficient at worst..... but 20secs..... bloody hell.

NinjaMaster
5th June 2011, 12:14
If there was to be a penalty, i would have thought a position swap would have been sufficient at worst..... but 20secs..... bloody hell.

Agreed.

Moto2, aiaiai!!! The Luthi/Takahashi crash was terrible, Simon/Sofuoglu was absolutly scary and I nearly had a heart attack when Smith ran off, thought he was going to highside! Son of Helmut is really looking the goods, completely composed and just really fast. Marquez is starting to settle and prove himself on the bigger bike and I reckon he'l be the one to push Bradl to the title at years end, though Corsi is kinda the forgotten man, he's been consistently good this year. And it was great to see Aleix Espargaro get his first ever world championship podium on the back of his impressive MotoGP season last year. Iannone was disappointing, I expected him to carve through the pack but obviously they couldn't find a good setup after crashing during qualifying. Smith too, looked like he deserved better but it just didn't work out for him.

NinjaMaster
5th June 2011, 14:21
Casey, you beauty! Well, not the most exciting race but generally pretty interesting. Simoncelli was disappointing, I just kept waiting for that breakout lap where he really clicked into gear and started carving up the field but it never happened. Stoner was masterful, loved the shot of him powersliding through the long left corner. Lorenzo was his usual self, another smart and strong race. Nice to see Spies get his first podium for the season after a tough start to the year. Dovizioso and Rossi had typically strong races and finished in what is becoming their customary positions! Crutchlow continues to impress, had a pretty near miss though with the back coming around and nearly losing the front in saving it. Hayden was another non-descript 8th and then there was the entertaining battle for 9th where Capirossi used his experience to pip the satisfyingly impress Karel Abraham and a reformed Hector Barbera. I think Toni Elias must've got caught up with Aoyama and DePuniet's incident continuing his rough return to MotoGP.

Allyc85
5th June 2011, 15:47

When it was happening live I thought the way Zarco stuck his elbows out and kept Terol out wide was dodgy to say the least and there would be some protest, but to give such a big penalty so quickly was rediculous tbh as no way did Zarco deserve to be 6th!

Is the moto gp worth watching as I was watching the touring cars and the only good thing I saw was Crutchlow pass Nicky and the battle towards the back of the field.

Corny
5th June 2011, 18:27
IMO a penalty was OK, normally he would've got a ride through but that wasn't possible of course, as it was the last corner..

Good races 125 and especially Moto2. The Espargaro's should make a family program seperated from GPs coverage IMO, don't need to see those 'lovely' brothers time after time

Pity for Stoner that Rossi took him out on Jerez.. Taking very long now for him to pass Lorenzo in the championship, though having been the faster of them in 4 out of 5 GPs

MrJan
6th June 2011, 11:19
Did anyone manage to stay awake through all of the MotoGP race? :s nore:

bluegem280
7th June 2011, 04:10
Casey, you beauty! Well, not the most exciting race but generally pretty interesting. Simoncelli was disappointing, I just kept waiting for that breakout lap where he really clicked into gear and started carving up the field but it never happened. Stoner was masterful, loved the shot of him powersliding through the long left corner. Lorenzo was his usual self, another smart and strong race. Nice to see Spies get his first podium for the season after a tough start to the year. Dovizioso and Rossi had typically strong races and finished in what is becoming their customary positions! Crutchlow continues to impress, had a pretty near miss though with the back coming around and nearly losing the front in saving it. Hayden was another non-descript 8th and then there was the entertaining battle for 9th where Capirossi used his experience to pip the satisfyingly impress Karel Abraham and a reformed Hector Barbera. I think Toni Elias must've got caught up with Aoyama and DePuniet's incident continuing his rough return to MotoGP.

Yeah, I was hoping Simonceli to stick his qualifying pace at the front and play some games with Lorenzo and Stoner. Typical race of Stoner, once he can pull away from the group, he rides like no one can catch him. From the last couple races it looks Yamaha needs to give the bike a little bit adjustment so that Lorenzo can ride in great steadfast with Stoner at the front, beauty. Aren't you referring to his female.. ;)

MrMetro
7th June 2011, 19:33
Did anyone manage to stay awake through all of the MotoGP race? :s nore:

It wasn't too bad, a bit of suspense, although the Moto2 race was probably the best of the weekend, my heart was beating like crazy when Luthi and Simon had their crashes.

MrJan
9th June 2011, 08:35
It wasn't too bad, a bit of suspense,

It was dire, they just fell into their places on lap 1 and then we watched 25 or so more laps where Casey pulled out a bit and nothing much else happened.