PDA

View Full Version : if there is smoke is there fire?.......IMS being sold

SarahFan
31st May 2011, 19:04
without getting into the politics or good or bad of it...

is it possible?

I gotta admit it seemed strange that TG was back on the board, but even stranger they added 3 (3!) non family voting members...

rumors are Menard and Bruton Smith ..... they have the dough, or access to it anyhow

could it be?

Andrewmcm
31st May 2011, 19:23
Who knows, the current incumbents are not getting any younger and I'm not sure if the next generation of Georges have shown any proficiency in leading to date. Times change, as do dynasties I suppose.

NickFalzone
31st May 2011, 19:34
Miller was asked about this on Wind Tunnel two nights ago, and said that he hears the same theory every year and it's a bunch of nonsense. He said he just spoke with Randy Bernard and got the impression there was no validity to it this year either. Who knows, you never know I guess. But Hulman George seems pretty content with how things are going during the Centennial, and they're the ones responsible for putting smart guys like Bernard in charge of the series. So imo, there's nothing but hot air behind this rumor.

anthonyvop
1st June 2011, 17:53
A lot of people from ICS were invited and attended the 500 this year.
Track presidents and their corresponding PR and marketing people were attendance on ISC's dime.....

Mark in Oshawa
7th June 2011, 16:54
I believe the place is for sale and the Indycar series as well. Right now you have the prospect too of a bidding war between ISC and SMI too. Does the George Family really want to keep running things? They likely wont get a better price than they will now...unless the Indycar series goes from strength to strength in the next 5 years..but the IMS pretty much is maxed out I suspect in value...since the 500 sells, and most of the issues with Brickyard 400's attendance are NASCAR related issues...

Mr. Mister
7th June 2011, 18:10
The ISC stuff means nothing to me at the moment. I'd expect it would have more to do with NASCAR's 2012 schedule than anything. These rumors happen every year.

Chris R
7th June 2011, 20:10
Everything is for sale for the right price.... That being said - I would be pretty surprised to see the place sold anytime soon. The real estate market stinks, the sports market is not so great, capital is tight.... I am not sure what good it would do SMI or ISC - they have other properties they want to promote more than Indy.....