PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous driver (donkey) of the race Monaco 2011

Daniel
29th May 2011, 15:10
Hamilton without a doubt.....

Dave B
29th May 2011, 15:15
I'm not sure what was going on there, he caused several avoidable accidents. I'm fairly certain he'll pick up another penalty in the stewards' room.

Di Resta must also learn from this race, he didn't cover himself in glory.

ioan
29th May 2011, 15:15
He's even got lucky that MS was a gentlemen at the beginning otherwise he would have got involved 4 collisions today!

Daniel
29th May 2011, 15:16
I'm not sure what was going on there, he caused several avoidable accidents. I'm fairly certain he'll pick up another penalty in the stewards' room.

Di Resta must also learn from this race, he didn't cover himself in glory.

But Di Resta is a rookie at least.....

N4D13
29th May 2011, 15:16
Hamilton. Unfortunately, no contest today.

If it doesn't have to be a driver, I'd pick the rules for allowing Vettel, Alonso and Button to change their tyres. Why restart the race if it's going to end with the same positions? :(

Hawkmoon
29th May 2011, 15:21
Hamilton, Di Resta, the Red Bull pit crew and the McLaren pit crew all made a grab for the donkey today but Hamilton wins by his sheer tenacity in going for the donkey. He just wouldn't be denied today. ;)

steveaki13
29th May 2011, 15:32
A few Donkeys

Lewis first and foremost as he got frustrated and had too many incidents, terrible race from him today and will get another penalty.

Di Resta He is a rookie and must learn from this race.

The Rules: When did the rules change and a Red Flagged race over 75% race distance restart and after 2 hours have ellapsed and allowing teams to change all manner of parts on the cars.

ioan
29th May 2011, 15:33
The Rules: When did the rules change and a Red Flagged race over 75% race distance restart and after 2 hours have ellapsed and allowing teams to change all manner of parts on the cars.

They change them on the fly to suit the show. :\

christophulus
29th May 2011, 15:35
Hamilton - I'm still fuming at him taking out Maldonado. Di Resta wasn't great but I'll put that down to being an over-ambitious rookie. Hamilton doesn't have that excuse.

spudrsca
29th May 2011, 15:48
For the donkey of the race, Mclaren strategists have been wrong all week-end.
Button should have won the race after he took the lead.

Dave B
29th May 2011, 15:49
Di Resta wasn't great but I'll put that down to being an over-ambitious rookie. Hamilton doesn't have that excuse.

Nor in my opinion does Di Resta. He's not a kid: he's an experienced racer and a DTM champion. His race today was a total brainfart.

wedge
29th May 2011, 15:53
Nor in my opinion does Di Resta. He's not a kid: he's an experienced racer and a DTM champion. His race today was a total brainfart.

Forgot he was driving an F1 car not a DTM car

Dave B
29th May 2011, 15:54
Hamilton is throwing toys out of his pram on the BBC. "Maybe it's because I'm black". Seriously dude? :s

Dave B
29th May 2011, 15:55
Forgot he was driving an F1 car not a DTM car

Nothing to do with it. Paul's experienced enough to know that move was never going to work.

ioan
29th May 2011, 15:56
Hamilton is throwing toys out of his pram on the BBC. "Maybe it's because I'm black". Seriously dude? :s

Yeah, that's the typical crap I was expecting from him.
Ban him for a race so that he gets time out to think about how stupid he is.

RS
29th May 2011, 15:56
Getting sick of seeing Lewis going round driving everyone off the track and holding his hands up in innocence and then whinging aftewards.

How can he accuse Massa of "turning in on him" at the hairpin? Perhaps he didn't notice there is a fairly tight corner there.

ioan
29th May 2011, 15:57
Getting sick of seeing Lewis going round driving everyone off the track and holding his hands up in innocence and then whinging aftewards.

How can he accuse Massa of "turning in on him" at the hairpin? Perhaps he didn't notice there is a fairly tight corner there.

Being beaten day in and day out by Vettel will make him even worse.
Ron needs to slap him back in shape, soon.

Dave B
29th May 2011, 15:58
I think in weeks to come Lewis will look back on the BBC interview and put his head in his hands with shame. Sometimes it's better to bite your tongue. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube or the iPlayer soon enough, but that was pretty poor.

BDunnell
29th May 2011, 15:59

Did he really say that?

Mark
29th May 2011, 16:01
He did say that yes. Perhaps in jest

Daniel
29th May 2011, 16:04
Tbh this just shows Lewis' class or lack thereof :)

steveaki13
29th May 2011, 16:06
That was a rant he will regret.

He said he is picked on as he has been in front of the stewards 5 times, this season then probably in jest (maybe its because I'm black), whatever he has said to much.

Then he accused Massa of blocking him in Qualifying and he got a penalty, Massa turned into him and he got a penalty and then Maldonado turned in early to stop him overtaking.

All of this makes him a bigger donkey than ever. Terrible from Lewis.

Dave B
29th May 2011, 16:07
Did he really say that?

Yes. He said something along the lines of "I've been up in the stewards' office 5 times in 6 races. It's a frickin' joke. I don't know why... maybe it's because I'm black, isn't that what Ali G used to say?"

If it was a joke it was a poor one, and he seemed determine to blame anybody else but himself.

AndyL
29th May 2011, 16:08
For the donkey of the race, Mclaren strategists have been wrong all week-end.
Button should have won the race after he took the lead.

Hard to judge Lewis's strategy given his chaotic race, but Jenson's was potentially a winning strategy if he hadn't got unlucky twice with the safety cars.

Daniel
29th May 2011, 16:10
If it was a joke it was a poor one, and he seemed determine to blame anybody else but himself.

As he has always done throughout his career. No doubt my comment will have me labelled as a Lewis hater in spite of the fact that I've said quite a few good things about his performances.....

steveaki13
29th May 2011, 16:18
Just saw Kobayashi pass on sutil.

Where do we stand on that, he was way behind and tagged Sutil pushing him wide. Is that good racing or should he get a penalty like Di Resta and Hamilton.

BDunnell
29th May 2011, 16:21

Where do we stand on that, he was way behind and tagged Sutil pushing him wide. Is that good racing or should he get a penalty like Di Resta and Hamilton.

I don't see the difference between that and any of the other incidents, but I certainly wouldn't like to see Kobayashi being penalised for what was an audacious move that caused no harm.

steveaki13
29th May 2011, 16:24
I don't see the difference between that and any of the other incidents, but I certainly wouldn't like to see Kobayashi being penalised for what was an audacious move that caused no harm.

I agree. EJ made a point on BBC, he said that 10 or 20 years ago a nudge and muscle past would be seen as good tough racing, but maybe these days contact is ruled out by all of the penalties given for incidents over the last 10 years.

ioan
29th May 2011, 16:24

Will have to see the reply, however if he did that then he should get a penalty. And Lewis should get a 2nd one for the Maldonado incident, no question about it.

ioan
29th May 2011, 16:27
I agree. EJ made a point on BBC, he said that 10 or 20 years ago a nudge and muscle past would be seen as good tough racing, but maybe these days contact is ruled out by all of the penalties given for incidents over the last 10 years.

Contact while racing is not penalized nowadays either as long as it doesn't brake wings and/or wheels away from the cars. EJ was talking bollocks like he usually does.

donKey jote
29th May 2011, 18:28
brake
break :angel:

Robinho
29th May 2011, 18:40
Lewis drove like a knob today, he was clearly driving frustrated after being a touch unlucky in qually. He had a car that could have competed at the front, but he clearly was not in a position to and should have raced with his head. The Maldonado incidet was stoopid, The initial incident with Massa was 90% down to Lewis, albeit Massa i think turned in earlier than normal and managed to hit Webber at the same time. Still foolishness, and i'm unsure what happened in the tunnel, but that wasn't too clever today. Sure Lewis sometimes does seem to be called up for some strange incidents, but today he deserved both his punishments and should have known that sometimes it is better to not say anything at all.

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt

ioan
29th May 2011, 18:42
break :angel:

I was referring to these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake

Daniel
29th May 2011, 18:49
Lewis drove like a knob today, he was clearly driving frustrated after being a touch unlucky in qually. He had a car that could have competed at the front, but he clearly was not in a position to and should have raced with his head. The Maldonado incidet was stoopid, The initial incident with Massa was 90% down to Lewis, albeit Massa i think turned in earlier than normal and managed to hit Webber at the same time. Still foolishness, and i'm unsure what happened in the tunnel, but that wasn't too clever today. Sure Lewis sometimes does seem to be called up for some strange incidents, but today he deserved both his punishments and should have known that sometimes it is better to not say anything at all.

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt
Amen to the last statement :D

Frustrated or not Lewis needs to keep his emotions to himself and stop letting them get in the way of his driving. It's weird. Sometimes Lewis comes across great, he apologises if he does something wrong and so on. Today he came across as a total knob, doing an Alonso and gesturing to backmarkers like they're peasants and he's some king and then putting his car in the wrong place numerous times and then blaming others for the results. It seems if Lewis puts one up the inside you just need to get out of his way or you're going to crash. Very Senna-like of him :rolleyes:

Needs to take some advice from Bill Murray.
http://dribbble.com/system/users/81/screenshots/81031/shot_1290146047.png?1290146095

ioan
29th May 2011, 18:51
Amen to the last statement :D

Frustrated or not Lewis needs to keep his emotions to himself and stop letting them get in the way of his driving. It's weird. Sometimes Lewis comes across great, he apologises if he does something wrong and so on. Today he came across as a total knob, doing an Alonso and gesturing to backmarkers like they're peasants and he's some king and then putting his car in the wrong place numerous times and then blaming others for the results. It seems if Lewis puts one up the inside you just need to get out of his way or you're going to crash. Very Senna-like of him :rolleyes:

Needs to take some advice from Bill Murray.
http://dribbble.com/system/users/81/screenshots/81031/shot_1290146047.png?1290146095

What movie is that from?

Daniel
29th May 2011, 18:54
What movie is that from?

Groundhog Day.

Daniel
29th May 2011, 18:55
uBpw1sdFu2w

I have to say that Groundhog has some fantastic car control :up: Doesn't seem to slag off other drivers either :D

ioan
29th May 2011, 18:57
Thanks! :)

donKey jote
29th May 2011, 19:20
I was referring to these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake

no you weren't :p

"Contact while racing is not penalized nowadays either as long as it doesn't brake wings and/or wheels away from the cars. EJ was talking bollocks like he usually does. "

p.s. I wouldn't normally pull you up on it, but you took issue with Jaime apparently making the same mistake in another post ;) :p
"Alguersuari was interviewed and said that Hamy breaked (OK he said broke) very hard and he did the same but couldn't avoid him."

ioan
29th May 2011, 20:07
no you weren't :p

"Contact while racing is not penalized nowadays either as long as it doesn't brake wings and/or wheels away from the cars. EJ was talking bollocks like he usually does. "

p.s. I wouldn't normally pull you up on it, but you took issue with Jaime apparently making the same mistake in another post ;) :p
"Alguersuari was interviewed and said that Hamy breaked (OK he said broke) very hard and he did the same but couldn't avoid him."

You meanie Donkey! :p

donKey jote
29th May 2011, 20:19
You meanie Donkey! :p

just thought I'd back up my opinion with facts for once :angel: :p

jens
29th May 2011, 21:59
Finally Di Resta had a poor race. But Monaco is always difficult for a rookie and especially as Paul hasn't raced at Monaco for many years in a different series either.

I think Alguersuari's weekend was underwhelming like it has generally been this year. After qualifying he even said that he actually hit Kobayashi in Q1 on purpose! I think he'll get the boot after this season.

And although not a driver, but an obvious donkey for Monaco was Mercedes GP. What kind of setup did they have for this race that was eating tyres like crazy? And they were racing with Virgins...

Hamilton had some overly ptimistic moves... But they weren't as bad as his post-race comments. :p :

steveaki13
29th May 2011, 22:04
Finally Di Resta had a poor race. But Monaco is always difficult for a rookie and especially as Paul hasn't raced at Monaco for many years in a different series either.

I think Alguersuari's weekend was underwhelming like it has generally been this year. After qualifying he even said that he actually hit Kobayashi in Q1 on purpose! I think he'll get the boot after this season.

And although not a driver, but an obvious donkey for Monaco was Mercedes GP. What kind of setup did they have for this race that was eating tyres like crazy? And they were racing with Virgins...

Agree.

Although I am not sure Alguersuari will even make it the season. Afterall poor performances and admission of hitting another driver on purpose, I think Ricciardo could be in that seat by Silverstone.

I agree also about Mercedes what with all the other stuff they were ignored, they really had issues with their tyres.

Mia 01
29th May 2011, 22:48
Hamilton.

Retro Formula 1
29th May 2011, 22:56
Lewis had a shocker. Frustated by qualifying no doubt annoyed him as he was looking good for the front row while getting hit by Schumy seemed to tip him over the edge. Donkey of the race for me I'm afraid.

Paul had a bit of a schocker as well but it's a blip on a sensational Rookie year to date so I will put it down to a learning curve.

CNR
30th May 2011, 00:56
LEWIS
http://i54.tinypic.com/2hcgrpz.png

Ari
30th May 2011, 07:06
Hamilton.

Hon mention to RBR crew and rules under red flag conditions.

555-04Q2
30th May 2011, 10:38
Hammy boy. Went from the best passer in F1 to the worst in one race :(

wedge
30th May 2011, 13:58
I feel the criticism on Hamilton's pass on Maldonado is unwarranted. It is very similar to his pass on Schumi except he slightly ahead and Schumi backed off whereas in comparison to the pass on Maldonado, Pastor blatantly turns in on Hamilton with, it seems, a blatant disregard to spacial awareness.

x0R4XqZEUrQ

8DcUZtwv9zY

AndyRAC
30th May 2011, 14:00
Massa - drove like a drain all weekend!!

Cooper_S
30th May 2011, 14:12
I feel the criticism on Hamilton's pass on Maldonado is unwarranted. It is very similar to his pass on Schumi except he slightly ahead and Schumi backed off whereas in comparison to the pass on Maldonado, Pastor blatantly turns in on Hamilton with, it seems, a blatant disregard to spacial awareness.

Seems that unlike the ill-informed like us on here the real professionals in Monaco thought otherwise... but then they are just racist as we know, so naturally their view is worng and ours (so long as we back Hamiltons view) are correct.

As it happens Hamilton was only an Ass after the race so dosent count in this poll... starting 9th to finish 6th after two penalties is actually a good performance at Monaco.

N. Jones
30th May 2011, 14:35
Hamilton without a doubt.....
I guess Hamilton. I'd have to watch the race again to see if Hammy was truly at fault with Maldonado. Initially it looks to me like Pastor tried to close the door to late...

airshifter
30th May 2011, 18:31

x0R4XqZEUrQ

8DcUZtwv9zY

Good comparison. In both cases the drivers knew Lewis was there. Even MS knew he had to yield the position at that point. Pastor turned in as if Lewis wasn't there.

ioan
30th May 2011, 18:49

x0R4XqZEUrQ

8DcUZtwv9zY

What was Maldonado supposed to do run down the escape road to let Hamilton through?

MS let him go because it was only the beginning of the race and he knew that it was useless to risk everything with this mad man, but with Maldonado was at the end of a hard fought race and he was right to protect hi position against an overly optimistic and aggressive move.

Why didn't Lewis make a clean pass is the question, because he had lost his judgement and trying to excuse an idiot is anything but logical.

CaptainRaiden
30th May 2011, 19:07
MS let him go because it was only the beginning of the race and he knew that it was useless to risk everything with this mad man.

:laugh: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-037.gif :laugh: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-037.gif

Please, just stop!! I don't know what's more impressive. You trying to bash Lewis or kiss MS' ass with the same unbridled passion. http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

Cooper_S
30th May 2011, 19:18
Please, just stop!! I don't know what's more impressive. You trying to bash MS or kiss Lewis's ass with the same unbridled passion. http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

CaptainRaiden
30th May 2011, 19:23
Please, just stop!! I don't know what's more impressive. You trying to bash Lewis, plagiarizing or having your head so far up MS' bunghole that you can see the sun shining from between his teeth. http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

Cooper_S
30th May 2011, 19:39
Please, just stop!! I don't know what's more impressive. You trying to bash MS, plagiarizing or having your head so far up Lewis's bunghole that you can see the sun shining from between his teeth. http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/images2007/smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

CaptainRaiden
30th May 2011, 19:58
No, no, no. Common sense has no place in this thread. Lewis is OBVIOUSLY a mad man trying to take out every car on the track. Other drivers are afraid of him. Also, all drivers should only do PR-speak, have pre-made scripts for a bad race, good race, and an okay race. And all races should be boring processions with drivers finishing where they started. Overtaking only allowed in the pits. If anybody dares to do more than that, it's "dirty driving".

Also most of the guys bashing Lewis for "dirty driving" are MS fans. Oh, the irony. :laugh:

Rollo
30th May 2011, 23:58
Quoted for truth:

Incidents are only ever excusable if your favourite driver has committed them in any forum discussion from my experience. The same people who condemn what Lewis did yesterday would fight tooth and nail if the boot was on the other foot, and they know it. His move on Massa was his fault and he has nobody to blame but himself. His move on Maldonado was a racing incident as both drivers contributed to the contact. This was evident when the footage showed Pastor turned into the corner early and left the racing line to cover Lewis. Cutting the kerb in the process demonstrated to the stewards this point and they took no action.

His comments post race were in poor taste and in the heat of the moment, but if every single one of us was to get on a high horse and condemn him for speaking his mind, we wouldn't wish to contradict ourselves by voicing our opinions on a discussion forum would we? "But henners he's a racing driver and a role model?".. Bo!!ocks, he's a human being who gets frustrated in competition like anyone else.

Hear hear :up:

The incident with Massa was never going to work - and Hamilton was penalised for it.
The incident with Maldonaldo might have worked but didn't - and Hamilton was penalised for it.

These two were both obviously 100% Hamilton's fault and there shouldn't be any dispute about that, though I will suggest this about the incident with Maldonaldo. If you are doing speeds faster than what we find on the motorway, sitting with your bum less than seven inches above the deck, in an F1 car with weeny little mirrors and not a lot of visibility to the sides, you can hardly blame either Maldonaldo for not seeing Hamilton, or Hamilton for trying to squeeze through somewhere where he'd previously done so.
If Hamilton had pulled it off, then precisely nothing would have been said about it at all.

airshifter
31st May 2011, 06:05
Quoted for truth:

The incident with Massa was never going to work - and Hamilton was penalised for it.
The incident with Maldonaldo might have worked but didn't - and Hamilton was penalised for it.

These two were both obviously 100% Hamilton's fault and there shouldn't be any dispute about that, though I will suggest this about the incident with Maldonaldo. If you are doing speeds faster than what we find on the motorway, sitting with your bum less than seven inches above the deck, in an F1 car with weeny little mirrors and not a lot of visibility to the sides, you can hardly blame either Maldonaldo for not seeing Hamilton, or Hamilton for trying to squeeze through somewhere where he'd previously done so.
If Hamilton had pulled it off, then precisely nothing would have been said about it at all.

Having not heard what Pastor said about the incident, I'm still curious what his position is. It's almost as if he still thought he could just close the door still. Shame either way as we was having a fairly strong race.

Daniel
31st May 2011, 10:29
Having not heard what Pastor said about the incident, I'm still curious what his position is. It's almost as if he still thought he could just close the door still. Shame either way as we was having a fairly strong race.

There was no door to close. Lewis tried to go through the wall.

ArrowsFA1
31st May 2011, 10:32

"It's always difficult to overtake there, you must be side-by-side and he wasn't. I think he was too optimistic because of the condition of the race. He was on the super-soft option tyres."
More here - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91867

The Black Knight
31st May 2011, 10:52
Quoted for truth:

The Maldonado incident was cleary Maldonado's fault. He clearly saw Hamilton, if he didn't then he shouldn't be racing an F1 car. He then proceeded to turn in early into Saint Devote to block Lewis. What was Lewis supposed to do then? There are two drivers involved in any incident and Lewis was close enough to attempt an overtake there so Pastor should have given him room. When a driver cuts across another as that driver is trying to overtake then it is the fault of the driver being passed, especially when the driver that is being overtaken doesn't even follow the actual racing line. Maldonado had the choice, crash or keep on the racing line, he chose to crash. It was his fault.

SGWilko
31st May 2011, 12:29
The Maldonado incident was cleary Maldonado's fault. He clearly saw Hamilton, if he didn't then he shouldn't be racing an F1 car. He then proceeded to turn in early into Saint Devote to block Lewis. What was Lewis supposed to do then? There are two drivers involved in any incident and Lewis was close enough to attempt an overtake there so Pastor should have given him room. When a driver cuts across another as that driver is trying to overtake then it is the fault of the driver being passed, especially when the driver that is being overtaken doesn't even follow the actual racing line. Maldonado had the choice, crash or keep on the racing line, he chose to crash. It was his fault.

Indeed - looking at MS passing NR, he came from exacly (as near as damn it) as far back as Lewis, and the overtakee had the sense not to crash......

As I've said elsewhere, FM is under pressure and turned in.

LH/MS showed a pass into St Devote is possible.

F1boat
31st May 2011, 12:39
I see that Macca fans have said to themselves that he is perfect and it's OK to bang in other people and even if it's not OK, MS is for sure worse or at least was worse. So everything is fine, Macca are still the knights in shining armor against evil Ferrari/Red Bull imperium and their "unracey" drivers. Only Button is allowed to be "unracey" and strategic as he drives for Macca.
I love this forum! :D

Zico
31st May 2011, 12:53
The McLaren strategists and Lewis.

Di-Resta didn't cover himself in glory but It was his first race at Monaco and he's a rookie so I'll let im off the hook.

wedge
31st May 2011, 14:20
I see that Macca fans have said to themselves that he is perfect and it's OK to bang in other people and even if it's not OK, MS is for sure worse or at least was worse. So everything is fine, Macca are still the knights in shining armor against evil Ferrari/Red Bull imperium and their "unracey" drivers. Only Button is allowed to be "unracey" and strategic as he drives for Macca.
I love this forum! :D

I'm not a Macca fan.

Admittedly the post defending Lewis came across as biased.

The incident with Maldonado was a racing incident - though not a straight 50/50 I still feel that the drive through penalty was a bit harsh. There's a grey area between racing incidents and the interpretation of avoidable collisions.

F1boat
1st June 2011, 10:05
Lol, how the Red Bull became a hyperlink? :D

Arjuna
1st June 2011, 11:04
Di-Resta didn't cover himself in glory but It was his first race at Monaco and he's a rookie so I'll let im off the hook.
Isn't he penalised? I couldn't find the replay how bad was the incident, perhaps he was pushing too hard, but if my memory serves me right it took place at slow corner where the cars were nearly to cease moving. If he had a chance to brake before contact and Alguersuari hit his front wings, the penalty sounds a bit harsh. imo.

keysersoze
1st June 2011, 14:09
Alguesuari for being the lapped meat in the 8-car conga line and trying to make a pass when he should have been letting Vettel, Alonso, and Button through.

Big Ben
1st June 2011, 14:59
liuzi and cartoon network or something like that.

Garry Walker
1st June 2011, 20:35
Being beaten day in and day out by Vettel will make him even worse.
Ron needs to slap him back in shape, soon.

If Hamilton and Rapunzel had the same car and didnt have helmet (typo intentional) marko making sure anyone with the same car as Rapunzel gets screwed, it would be Rapunzel eating turds day in day out.

Donkey - Hamilton. Only for his idiotic comments after the race.

His move on Massa was of course a failure, but on PM, completely okay. People want to see racing and the guy goes for a move and now all you crybabies poop your pants, because a collision happened. Tough, that is how racing goes. At least he went for a gap that was there. If it is too dangerous for you, then I recommend a less dangerous sport such as curling or minigolf for you.

Mia 01
1st June 2011, 23:35
For his driving(bulldozer), but my take is bringing the sport to disrep. Itīs enough whit comments as monkeys at the back and Kimi lacks balls.

Mia 01
2nd June 2011, 10:59
I'm quite surprised you picked Lewis Mia. Not like you to let blind hatred influence a decision like this.

Hi there.

Nope, I like Lewis on track sometimes, the bad things is that he is arrogant and lies when it suits him. I donīt understand his fans.

wedge
2nd June 2011, 15:31
I donīt understand his fans.

He is no different to Senna, Schumi, Alonso, etc.

Their and Lewis' positives ie. brilliance in an F1 car slightly outweighs the negatives that comes with competing to win.

Zico
2nd June 2011, 21:07
Zico, you show me a racing driver in Formula One who is not arrogant in their own ability and does not lie when it suits them in interviews or holds information back to further themselves and I'll happily sign a cheque to you for a million pounds.

He is the exception but he is the 'nicest' most down to earth Racer in F1, Heiki !!

My address is.... ;)

bluegem280
3rd June 2011, 03:40
Isn't he penalised? I couldn't find the replay how bad was the incident, perhaps he was pushing too hard, but if my memory serves me right it took place at slow corner where the cars were nearly to cease moving. If he had a chance to brake before contact and Alguersuari hit his front wings, the penalty sounds a bit harsh. imo.
Di Resta tried it from inside line of hairpin where the lane is less than a car width, nowhere through. Yes true it was slow corner, supposing he made initial braking and Jamie hit him, I think it's still his fault, Jamie was already on his own way. He is race driver, can be sometimes aggressive... like the incedent at Monte Carlo...

You defend him like he is your boyfriend? ;)

Arjuna
3rd June 2011, 08:20
My concern was more about the penalty, why was it imposed to a driver for an incident didn't give disadvantages significantly to others. Not even a nut missed from Jamie's car by the incident. The front wings is fragile, it can be easily broken when it happens to make contact with chassis. He lost too much times for nose changes and the penalties. I think it only needs to tell him or his team to be more careful in the next remaining laps, if you do the same or even worse than it you will be penalized. Perhaps penalty for the second contact with Jerome was more acceptable, although it took place at the same hairpin. He finished 12th, without penalties or at least one of them he would have scored points. However he hold his hands up already and this is only my personal pov.. :)

bluegem280
7th June 2011, 04:30
Ar... you can't make double standard for the same thing, you accept the second penalty while the first is void. Alonso was penalized with ten seconds or so accumulated to his laps time in Malaysia, perhaps more suitable for di Resta if you think drive trough penalty is too harsh.

N4D13
7th June 2011, 19:08
Ar... you can't make double standard for the same thing, you accept the second penalty while the first is void. Alonso was penalized with ten seconds or so accumulated to his laps time in Malaysia, perhaps more suitable for di Resta if you think drive trough penalty is too harsh.
He was given a 20 second penalty, which is imposed in the place of a drive-through penalty when it's no longer possible to hand out this punishment.

bluegem280
8th June 2011, 09:10
20 secs perhaps very close to times elapsed for drive trough penalty de Monaco GP, sorry too much making mistakes these days..

555-04Q2
9th June 2011, 07:11
You show me a racing driver in Formula One who is not arrogant in their own ability and does not lie when it suits them in interviews or holds information back to further themselves and I'll happily sign a cheque to you for a million pounds.

You should have said show me a human being, not just racing drivers ;)

Arjuna
10th June 2011, 03:39
He was given a 20 second penalty, which is imposed in the place of a drive-through penalty when it's no longer possible to hand out this punishment.
Yes N4D, you're right friend.. I reckon it was 20 secs penalty, likely Mr 280 missed the moment, could have electricity cut off when the penalty was given.. ;)