PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Next GP winners

Ranger
27th May 2011, 10:58
Who do you think will be the next few drivers to score their maiden victory?

My turn:

- Nico Rosberg
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Paul Di Resta
- Helmut Marko
- Kamui Kobayashi :D

Koz
27th May 2011, 14:02
None of them have a car capable of winning unless something goes very wrong for 5 odd drivers in better cars.

But it would be Barbie.

yodasarmpit
27th May 2011, 14:18
Nico Rosberg is best placed being in the Lotus Renault, the rest don't have the car to do anything, however by this time next year Di Resta may well be in a winning position.

I'd love to see Koby on the top step.

Big Ben
27th May 2011, 15:00
Considering how good the RBR car is, Helmut Marko has the best chance. Maybe MW falls off a bike again or something

Koz
27th May 2011, 15:10
Nico Rosberg is best placed being in the Lotus Renault, the rest don't have the car to do anything, however by this time next year Di Resta may well be in a winning position.

I'd love to see Koby on the top step.

When did Rosberg join Lotus???

N4D13
27th May 2011, 15:20
I hope Barbie wins - it's about time.

By the way, why hasn't anyone mentioned Heidfeld? If the Bulls and McLarens have problems, he's more than a contender for a race win.

jens
27th May 2011, 16:09
Next GP winner will be anyone, who will get a top car unless something fluke happens. Well, this means 2011 isn't too likely. Maybe 2013 with rule changes and new line-ups can offer a couple of new names to winners' circle. So in the next few years the most likely drivers to become a new winner are Rosberg and di Resta/Hülkenberg if MB comes good, whoever joins RBR (Ricciardo/Vergne), whoever takes that second Ferrari seat (Kobayashi?). Lotus Renault GP is a dark horse for a win in attrition. Well, one has mentioned Heidfeld, but Petrov has also already visited podium and if a race happens to be a bit more chaotic... :p :

yodasarmpit
27th May 2011, 17:05
When did Rosberg join Lotus???

Doh. Was thinking Nick.

Anyway, still applies - but with Merc instead.

keysersoze
27th May 2011, 20:24
This year the most likely--and it isn't very likely--are Rosberg, Heidfeld, and Petrov, in that order. However, the only reason NH and VP are there is they have a car and a team that is capable of winning a strategic race or adapting to changeable conditions.

I feel that, given the right car, Adrian, Hulkenberg, Buemi, and Koba can get it done.

tacksharp
27th May 2011, 20:52
I think the only guys with a (tiny) chance to win their first race this year are Nico and Nick, obviously only if all of the top five drivers experience disaster, or if the weather is so crazy that they have to swap between dry and wet tires several times.

BTW, why are you calling him Barbie?

http://www.f1shortmessage.com/brasil/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/NicoRosberg-BritneySpears-Passaporte-2010.jpg

steveaki13
27th May 2011, 21:35
As drivers move seats and drives over a few years.

-Rosberg
-Heidfeld (Im not sure a win will come, but I'd like to see him win a race)
-Kobayashi
-Di Resta