PDA

View Full Version : So how much did mikey have to pay AJ for RHR's ride?

disko
26th May 2011, 15:52
What do you think the numbers were to put RHR in AJ's 41 car? You know AJ is purely about money in the 41 car. Im thinking, minimum starting spot would pay 250k. RHR's team will pit the car. Travel for the 41, and Junkys time and AJ's profit - Im thinking between 600 and 750K?

Thoughts?

Chris R
26th May 2011, 16:57
My guess is a lot less than that - depends on this arrangement with Bruno and ABC Supply. Since he gets a free crew and some other stuff there is value there, if Bruno needs to be paid he is probably getting paid plus a little something extra. I would guess AJ keeps all rewards(prize money) and has no risk (promise to replace wrecked equipment) and maybe $50k for his "troubles"... my guess is hte pit crew and other odds and ends the better funded AA team can provide gives him a real shot at a top 10 finish that probably did not exist before - that is worth something to AJ.....

SarahFan
26th May 2011, 18:03
I'm hoping it was over a million ..... The more it is the easier it will be for me to swallow

Mightyreds
26th May 2011, 20:12
This is my first chance to post on this affair, and I have no problem with it at all. For me it is about the cars and until 2012 (hopefully not 2013) there is not much about the cars. If I were a driver, it would say in my contract 'if healthy the ride is mine'.

And the ride buy is more a sign of health than not. If it's this important it must be good.

dataman1
26th May 2011, 20:38
I agree with Chris that it is less. The AJ team guys earn around $3-500 per day each plus a piece of the winnings and I would hope AJ is a good enough boss to take care of his own people in the deal. I think by using AA guys the potential prize money had to come into play as I'd bet the AA guys also have stipulations in their contracts for a piece of the winnings. I'm sure glad I didn't have to deal with the details. IMO, If RHR sucks in the event this could hurt the AA budget for several races to come.

Chris R
26th May 2011, 21:45
My gut feeling is that there is a whole bunch less free cash available/flowing in racing that anyone wants to think..... I own a small business (a nursery that happens to require a fair amount of land) and people are constantly telling me or otherwise assuming that I am "rich" when, I am pretty much in the same boat as the average professional - not poor, but far from flush with cash.... The bottom line is, I am not sure anyone involved in this deal could or would spend over a million on something like this.... it was probably over a far smaller amount of money than most want to believe..... These guys have a ton of cash tied up in equipment, I doubt there is a whole bunch left to buy rides etc.....

SarahFan
26th May 2011, 23:17
I agree chris .... I was just trying to feel better about the whole thing

Chris R
27th May 2011, 00:33
I agree chris .... I was just trying to feel better about the whole thing

I know what you mean ;)

Marbles
27th May 2011, 02:19
This deal has "early race incident" written all over it. I hope I'm wrong.

Mark in Oshawa
27th May 2011, 09:26
This stinks for Bruno, but hey, racing is a business. This is just AJ doing good business; and Mikey trying to make sure he doesn't lose a sponsor.

What a joke Andretti Autosport is turning into....

SoCalPVguy
28th May 2011, 04:10
What do you think the numbers were to put RHR in AJ's 41 car? You know AJ is purely about money in the 41 car. Im thinking, minimum starting spot would pay 250k. RHR's team will pit the car. Travel for the 41, and Junkys time and AJ's profit - Im thinking between 600 and 750K? Thoughts?

The published figure is $200,000